Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

INEC Is Plotting To Release Results Elections To Favour APC- Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Is Plotting To Release Results Elections To Favour APC- Wike (16226 Views)

Lagos Local Government Elections To Hold July 22: See All The Details / How Ondo APC Primary Was ‘rigged’ To Favour Akeredolu -APC Vice Chair Akinyelure / Release Results Of June 12, 1993 Presidential Poll, Afenifere Group Urges Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Is Plotting To Release Results Elections To Favour APC- Wike by neolboy(m): 7:27am On Apr 02, 2016
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike has raised the alarm over an alleged plot by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to release some of the results in the eight local government areas it earlier cancelled in the March 19 legislative re-run elections in the state.

This is as the governor warned of imminent crisis if INEC dared to cancel results of Ikwerre Local Government, home of former Governor Chibuike Amaechi, he said the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidates won.

In a swift reaction, the electoral umpire said Wike’s allegations were not true and that it has no plan to declare results in places where the electoral processes were inconclusive.

In an exclusive interview with THISDAY in Port Harcourt yesterday, Wike said he had information that INEC was planning to release some of the results in the eight local government areas where the commission suspended elections.

He said: “We are now hearing that INEC wants to release some of the results of the election they cancelled in some of the eight local governments, obviously to help the APC. Don’t forget the election was cancelled around 2pm before the election process was even concluded on the 19th, the very day of the election.

“How can they have results for a process that was ongoing when it was cancelled by the same INEC? Where did the result surface from? Their claim now is that some of the results in the eight local governments they cancelled were already collated and I ask how was it possible when it was cancelled when voting was still going on by 2pm? This is fraud on the part of INEC. INEC is trying to help the APC by manipulating the result. The APC lost badly in Rivers so they want to help Minister of Transportation, Chibuike Amaechi to save his face.”

He accused INEC of trying to subvert the will of the people as expressed by the voters in the re-run elections.

“As I said before, INEC has not showed any sign that they are impartial. They have not shown signs of that. Notwithstanding, we have raised complaints and they have seen that our complaints are genuine. So why are they running away from it. Why?”

He alleged that INEC was using the cover of the suspended election to perfect plans to rig elections in the eight local government areas in favour of the APC.

He accused the INEC of causing crisis in the state and warned of dire consequences if the commission continued to favour any political party.

Wike said: “I foresee a situation where all they are doing now is to perfect a system where they will now want to rig us out. Just like I said, that will also be highly resisted. So, no one will say that there is crisis in Rivers State.

“INEC should not be causing crisis in Rivers State, INEC should allow the people’s will to prevail. I will not fold my arms and allow INEC to perfect that strategy they want to use and rig in those eight local government areas. Rivers State will still resist it. If I die in the cause of Rivers state, no big deal about that.

“If I die for it, it is a sacrifice I can make for Rivers State as Rivers State cannot be cheated any longer. Allow the people’s will; allow their mandate to stand. Don’t try to satisfy an individual whom you think might have contributed so much amount of money to a political party. The people will decide where their votes will be and so we will resist it with all it takes.”

Wike also accused INEC of deliberately refusing to release the result of elections in Ikwerre state constituency and Ikwerre/Emohua federal constituency because the APC lost in Amaechi’s home constituencies.

He said: “Yes, he (Amaechi) lost in Ikwerre Local government and that is why they are playing games; INEC is trying to play games, particularly one national commissioner, Amina Zakari. She is the brain behind all these problems you see in Rivers State. She has been tele-guiding and manipulating. In fact, I can tell that one of the monitors wrote condemning the attitude of Amaechi during that election. Amina scolded the supervisor for writing a report against Amaechi. We intercepted all those information. Indeed, most of the result swapping that INEC tried to do in Rivers State emanated from Amina Zakari.”

The governor said the people would resist any attempt by the commission to cancel the results as they had already been collated at the centres.
“So, not releasing Ikwerre is a bone on their neck. But I dare them. Let them try to say they are cancelling Ikwerre Local Government. You cannot cancel what has been collated from the unit to the ward. You cannot do that. That result must be released. If they don’t want crisis, that result must be released. We will not fold out hands. It doesn’t matter. No threat will make us to forgo that.

We trounced Amaechi in his local government. He failed. And let be said he failed. Let the whole world know that he failed. What are you protecting him for? You should protect the votes of the people and not a single individual,” Wike said.
He said the INEC was sympathising with the former governor and was shielding him from embarrassment.

“Go and check the results that have been collated. He failed. He also lost at the federal constituency level. He won’t get senate, he won’t get the federal constituency and he won’t get the state assembly. So, it is making them; let’s protect this man; it’s too embarrassing that they say he can’t even get state house of assembly.

“That is our position. INEC should release Ikwerre local government result. In fact, they must. They have no choice. Whatever they have eaten, they should send it back. Whatever they have taken from him, they should give him back,” he said.
We Do Not Crown Winners of Election, Says INEC…
Meanwhile, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) yesterday said that contrary to insinuations by some persons, the commission “does not interfere with the decisions of the electorate but only declares those who won election fair and square.”

Speaking to THISDAY in a telephone interview, the INEC Deputy Director on Media and Publicity, Mr. Nick Dazang said as far as the Rivers state re-run election is concerned; only those elections that have been concluded were returned and declared.
“INEC does not crown winners of elections as alleged. It declares those who have won fairly and squarely through transparent processes winners,” he said.

On whether the commission was about to release results from areas where elections were cancelled in Rivers state, Dazang said INEC does not intend to declare results in places where the electoral processes were inconclusive.

“As at the time elections were suspended in Rivers state, not all were concluded, consequently only those that have been concluded have been returned and declared. The outstanding ones will be conducted at a date to be scheduled by the commission,” he added.

Withholding collated results, threat to democracy, says PDP…
In a related development, the South-South zonal leadership of the PDP has urged INEC to, as a matter of urgent national important, release the remaining results of the recently concluded re-run election in Rivers State, stressing that it would greatly serve the interest of the nation’s democracy and peace.

In a statement by the South-South chairman of the PDP, Dr Cairo Ojougboh, the party strongly criticized the activities of INEC particularly in the conduct of Rivers State election.

Outstanding Constituencies
In Rivers re-run elections, 22 out of 32 state constituencies were contested; 12 out of 13 federal constituencies and 3 senatorial districts.
INEC has so far released results of 11 state constituencies and four federal constituencies.
Outside the 8 local government areas where INEC suspended elections, INEC has not released results in 3 federal constituencies, namely Bonny /Degeq00ma, Okrika /Ogu /Bolo, and Emohua /Ikwerre.

Outstanding federal constituencies in the 8 suspended local government areas are Asaritoru /Akukutoru, Etche /Omuma, Tai/Eleme /Oyigbo, Khana/Gokana, and Opobo /Nkoro/Andoni.
In the suspended areas, the outstanding state constituencies are 9, namely Assritoru 1 and 2, Etche, Tai, Eleme, Gokana, Khana 1 and 2, and Bonny.

Outstanding state constituencies outside the suspended LGAs 2, namely Bonny and Ikwerre

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/04/02/wike-inec-plotting-to-release-results-of-cancelled-elections-to-favour-apc/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Is Plotting To Release Results Elections To Favour APC- Wike by Flexherbal(m): 7:30am On Apr 02, 2016
They should be done with this election of a thing and concentrate on developmental projects.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Is Plotting To Release Results Elections To Favour APC- Wike by christinie(f): 7:32am On Apr 02, 2016
Buhari stop tarnishing your image.

Nothing goes right under you:

INEC

ELECTRICITY

PETROL

FOREX

EMPLOYMENT

SALARIES

Etc.

You be "winchii"?

80 Likes 8 Shares

Re: INEC Is Plotting To Release Results Elections To Favour APC- Wike by sleazy5(m): 7:42am On Apr 02, 2016
christinie:

INEC

ELECTRICITY

PETROL

FOREX

EMPLOYMENT

SALARIES

Etc.

You be "winchii"?

grin grin grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Is Plotting To Release Results Elections To Favour APC- Wike by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:42am On Apr 02, 2016
Wike The Comedian...I thought You Had Already Declared All The Results?

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: INEC Is Plotting To Release Results Elections To Favour APC- Wike by Singingbae(m): 7:46am On Apr 02, 2016
Pls see this she-male on top of me, ahhhhh!!!!

54 Likes 10 Shares

Re: INEC Is Plotting To Release Results Elections To Favour APC- Wike by Vikkie14: 7:50am On Apr 02, 2016
Why is APC seeking for relevance in Rivers after all the crises rocking the country. Almost everything is not working anymore, and you still expect people to vote for you once more?

I don't think we should expect "Free/Fair Election" under this government. All elections under them has been "Inconclusive" Election.
If this is the kind of elections held during the last General election, will the one at the helms of affairs today have ascended the highest position today?
We should all know that KARMA HAS NO MENU, YOU GET SERVED WHAT YOU DESERVED when the time comes.

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: INEC Is Plotting To Release Results Elections To Favour APC- Wike by KINGTELLER: 7:53am On Apr 02, 2016

Wike is taking a cue from APC.. This was how APC made fallacious comments regarding GEJ, not handing over and using the snipers and military to turn over INEC.... Ride on Wike !!!!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Is Plotting To Release Results Elections To Favour APC- Wike by gen2briz(m): 7:53am On Apr 02, 2016
Wike

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Is Plotting To Release Results Elections To Favour APC- Wike by dayoungmoney1: 7:54am On Apr 02, 2016
Wike you get concrete evidence? INEC do the right thing pls.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Is Plotting To Release Results Elections To Favour APC- Wike by viscocom(m): 7:54am On Apr 02, 2016
MMMMM
Re: INEC Is Plotting To Release Results Elections To Favour APC- Wike by bqlekan(m): 7:54am On Apr 02, 2016
this man, Amaechi, PDP and APC should just shut up.. Let INEC do their job

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Is Plotting To Release Results Elections To Favour APC- Wike by yemite1925: 7:55am On Apr 02, 2016
christinie:

INEC

ELECTRICITY

PETROL
What have you done in your life? What leadership rôle age have you played? So go to hall
FOREX

EMPLOYMENT

SALARIES

Etc.

You be "winchii"?

1 Like

Re: INEC Is Plotting To Release Results Elections To Favour APC- Wike by sirklin(m): 7:55am On Apr 02, 2016
In other news, I heard Mr. President is tired of walking that he needs a hover board

14 Likes

Re: INEC Is Plotting To Release Results Elections To Favour APC- Wike by marshalcarter: 7:55am On Apr 02, 2016
Politics matter don taya me
Re: INEC Is Plotting To Release Results Elections To Favour APC- Wike by wristbangle: 7:56am On Apr 02, 2016
Mr man, 4get about Inec wahala and concentrate on developing rivers state abeg

bqlekan:
this man, Amaechi, PDP and APC should just shut up.. Let INEC do their job

I tire oo brother mi. 2 shameless buffoons. Na their fans I blame pass.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Is Plotting To Release Results Elections To Favour APC- Wike by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 02, 2016
Wike is weak

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Is Plotting To Release Results Elections To Favour APC- Wike by Nobody: 7:57am On Apr 02, 2016

He accused the INEC of causing crisis in the state and warned of dire consequences if the commission continued to favour any political party.

Wike said: “I foresee a situation where all they are doing now is to perfect a system where they will now want to rig us out. Just like I said,
that will also be highly resisted. So, no one will say that there is crisis in Rivers State.

I think i now know the cause of killings and barbaric acts occurring in Rivers state.
#Only4DWise

Anyways....

DrabeeyWasHere
Re: INEC Is Plotting To Release Results Elections To Favour APC- Wike by 9airaland(f): 7:58am On Apr 02, 2016
This man needs serious beating ooo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Is Plotting To Release Results Elections To Favour APC- Wike by demarc001: 7:58am On Apr 02, 2016
All these election palaver don do sef. Moreover why is INEC still refusing to declare resuLts of concluded elections!

2 Likes

Re: INEC Is Plotting To Release Results Elections To Favour APC- Wike by Zico5(m): 7:58am On Apr 02, 2016
Why can't this man face governance and allow inec to do their work. If inec cannot compromise on some of the results released so far, I don't think they can do so now. The lawlessness in some parts of the state calls for total annulment of the election but I think wike knows the kind of game he is playing and that is why he is concerned about the results rather than finding solution to the killings in the rivers state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Is Plotting To Release Results Elections To Favour APC- Wike by Firefire(m): 7:58am On Apr 02, 2016
APC will surely fail in Rivers as usual.

Shame on INEC

Shame on APC

Shame on Buhary.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: INEC Is Plotting To Release Results Elections To Favour APC- Wike by Sylverbox(m): 7:59am On Apr 02, 2016
This Wike Should act matured for once nau....just dey fall my hands up and down sef.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Is Plotting To Release Results Elections To Favour APC- Wike by ERODEDEAST(f): 8:00am On Apr 02, 2016
VERY BAD
Till date no single election successfully conducted under his watch

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Is Plotting To Release Results Elections To Favour APC- Wike by kenbee(f): 8:00am On Apr 02, 2016
Never give APC chance again

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Is Plotting To Release Results Elections To Favour APC- Wike by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:00am On Apr 02, 2016
Ok.
Re: INEC Is Plotting To Release Results Elections To Favour APC- Wike by yomalex(m): 8:00am On Apr 02, 2016
hmm
Re: INEC Is Plotting To Release Results Elections To Favour APC- Wike by JaypeeAnics(m): 8:00am On Apr 02, 2016
why has INEC not release d result Everything about APC is slow and backward.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Is Plotting To Release Results Elections To Favour APC- Wike by babdap: 8:01am On Apr 02, 2016
Wike talks like garage thug and fast becoming a disgrace to the legal profession.
Re: INEC Is Plotting To Release Results Elections To Favour APC- Wike by djraymy(m): 8:02am On Apr 02, 2016
wike na fayose type

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Agbaje Alleges Manipulation Of Lagos Result, Demands Prosecution Of Thugs / Lagos Government Begins Clearing Of Debris At Balogun Market (video) / Federal High Court To Shift Venue Of Nnamdi Kanu's Trial - Chief Judge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.