Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,789 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

What Are You Bringing To The Table Beyond Beauty And Social Media Likes? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are You Bringing To The Table Beyond Beauty And Social Media Likes? (5239 Views)

LADIES: This Is The Real Deal - What Are You Bringing To The Table / Thou Sister, What Are You Bringing To The Table? / Ladies: What Are You Bringing To The Table In 2017? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are You Bringing To The Table Beyond Beauty And Social Media Likes? by Sanchez01: 8:59am On Apr 02, 2016
First off, this is not the wailing of a "broke guy" like some would assume this to be. It is fascinating to see how some ladies as it is, have taken pride and glory in setting certain standards for the man of their dreams, even at "his young age" While they have never for once thought of setting for themselves the same classy and sophisticated goals a man would love to see.

I remember reading a powerful quote of a female novelist, Anaïs Nin, several years back. She said, and I quote "How wrong is it for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself?"
I guess this may not have settled well with some ladies if this had come from a man! Albeit, the concept of a quintessential woman had long flown out of the window in this 21st century where a woman as an architect maps out the plan of her life, paying crucial attention to how her would-be man should possess and must have accomplished within a short period of time.

While I would be quick to point out that only too few women maintain the quintessential status which is far becoming legendary, the average Nigerian woman believes this does not apply to them. Only a few who have been able to think outside of the box have come to understand that you command a lot of respect from the men folks if you invest quality time in building the world and dream you think you deserve. A quintessential woman understands independence is the key to breaking the gender inequality barrier.

Gold digging has taken a whole lot of turn and it is disturbing to see that the movement is fast becoming a consensus; a brand that would in time be adopted by the "Gold Diggers Association of Women all Over the World" (GoDAW). Blame not these women, for it is the men folks who have presented themselves to be something they're not that must be preached to. I mean, the ones who starch clothes and don expensive watches, flaunt them on BBM, giving a lady the impression that he is made already and end up going to war with her Asun plates when their conversations ought to be superfluous.

I agree, a man must have attained a fair level on the ladder before thinking of tying the knot with his woman. Love will not put meals on the table, hard work will. But as a woman who dreams of pink unicorns hopping like kangaroos on rainbows, what have you proposed to bring to the table to better the lot of two? What high standards have you set for yourself and determined you will neither marry nor date if you don't achieve them?

It is utterly disturbing to see a lady protest that those who must come for her must be those with cars when in the real sense of it, she has never bought a bicycle spoke in her life. And to think that the car standard is only drawn for the dating level. I wonder what the marriage standards would be like. I believe so much in fairness. The world is fast evolving and we must come to terms with this. We must probably accept gold digging and dating walk pari passu. It is no crime to choose and envision for yourself a life worthy of note, but the greatest sin therein would be to have nothing while you expect the good life like rapture.

While you dream of that life, a right thinking man says in his heart, "It's important to be driven and have goals. You want an independent woman who knows what she wants and isn't afraid to go after it. It's attractive to me when a woman is doing what she loves. It makes me want to know more."-Apolo Ohno. So, beyond beauty, beyond social media likes and retweets, favourites, comments and shares, what have you got to offer?

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Farano

Modified: For those saying that I am generalizing, this is not the case. Please note that the thread is directed at those who compulsorily believe a man must have a car before she would consider a relationship and those who say "if he is not made, then he has no business being in a relationship."

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are You Bringing To The Table Beyond Beauty And Social Media Likes? by Flexherbal(m): 9:06am On Apr 02, 2016
Good piece!
Good girls will read and learn from it.

3 Likes

Re: What Are You Bringing To The Table Beyond Beauty And Social Media Likes? by vizkiz: 9:06am On Apr 02, 2016
Most of them have nothing to offer apart from Facebook likes and an android phone they got from furcking around. They can't even subscribe on their own phone without begging for airtime... #sighs

3 Likes

Re: What Are You Bringing To The Table Beyond Beauty And Social Media Likes? by MoneypassGod(m): 9:06am On Apr 02, 2016
This part really make sense: ''Gold diggers what high standards have you set
for yourself and determined you will neither
date nor marry if you don't achieve them?
It is utterly disturbing to see a lady protest
that those who must come for her must be
those with cars when in the real sense of it, she has never bought a bicycle spoke in her
life. And to think that the car standard is only
drawn for the dating level. I wonder what
the marriage standards would be like''.

4 Likes

Re: What Are You Bringing To The Table Beyond Beauty And Social Media Likes? by falconey(m): 9:07am On Apr 02, 2016
Halfricanadian has something to say.

She is a woman right activist, Obtained her doctorate in Cambridge university.
Re: What Are You Bringing To The Table Beyond Beauty And Social Media Likes? by halfricanadian(f): 9:07am On Apr 02, 2016
sad not again
Re: What Are You Bringing To The Table Beyond Beauty And Social Media Likes? by Bluezy13(m): 9:14am On Apr 02, 2016
Hehehe...
Re: What Are You Bringing To The Table Beyond Beauty And Social Media Likes? by halfricanadian(f): 9:14am On Apr 02, 2016
falconey:
Halfricanadian has something to say.

She is a woman right activist, Obtained a doctorate in Cambridge university.

grin grin grin grin

Yes yes tank u *queens wave*

Erm *preparing the speech*

Well men actually love those kind of ladies op is talking about

But any ways we have ladies who are so ready to build their worlds in a perfect way

But well i know mysef my worth i kno wat to do

cheesy

but if u meet a lady thats mentally strong nd creative then u just met a walking machine

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Bringing To The Table Beyond Beauty And Social Media Likes? by Elzends(m): 9:16am On Apr 02, 2016
I hope vinshu is reading this
Re: What Are You Bringing To The Table Beyond Beauty And Social Media Likes? by Ragner(m): 9:20am On Apr 02, 2016
Dude, Sometimes, All we Really Need is a Woman To Give us Children and Raise them While we Work,Make Money and Pay Bills.

You all have to stop making it seem like the Woman Sits at home all day Doing Nothing.
I mean, Your Clothes get washed, there's Food to Eat, there's Someone to welcome you at home after a Long day, there's Someone to share Problems with and Seek Advices

7 Likes

Re: What Are You Bringing To The Table Beyond Beauty And Social Media Likes? by Sanchez01: 9:32am On Apr 02, 2016
Ragner:
Dude, Sometimes, All we Really Need is a Woman To Give us Children and Raise them While we Work,Make Money and Pay Bills.

You all have to stop making it seem like the Woman Sits at home all day Doing Nothing.
I mean, Your Clothes get washed, there's Food to Eat, there's Someone to welcome you at home after a Long day, there's Someone to share Problems with and Seek Advices
1. If all we need is a woman to give us children, we could as well lean towards baby mamas.
2. If all we need is a woman to wash our clothes, we can as well get for ourselves a laundry machine while we remain single.
3. If it was for food alone, most males out there devote time to worshipping the kitchen.
4. If it was just someone to welcome, I could choose to never leave my parents house since I'd be returning to them and other family members everyday.
5. And if it was someone to share my problems with and seek advice, I may as well lean towards my buddies since they know me inside out, or possibly book an appointment with a counselor.

It is really beyond these things. The role of a woman is not to give births as pigs while you use their remains to decorate your home like a trophy won in 1975.

6 Likes

Re: What Are You Bringing To The Table Beyond Beauty And Social Media Likes? by refiner(f): 9:32am On Apr 02, 2016
....all gals are never desame!....buh dose deligent ones dat don't only bring beauty on d table are few!....so dat doesn't mean dey don't exist..dey do buh vewi few, u need to be extra careful not to attract d wrong ones!

1 Like

Re: What Are You Bringing To The Table Beyond Beauty And Social Media Likes? by Nobody: 9:36am On Apr 02, 2016
Why do ya'll cry everyday about gold diggers but want women that look like Beyonce
Well Beyonce don't come cheap!!!
Have you even payed fer tickets to her concerts grin
Re: What Are You Bringing To The Table Beyond Beauty And Social Media Likes? by Sanchez01: 9:42am On Apr 02, 2016
refiner:
....all gals are never desame!....buh dose deligent ones dat don't only bring beauty on d table are few!....so dat doesn't mean dey don't exist..dey do buh vewi few, u need to be extra careful not to attract d wrong ones!
It is obvious you didn't read the piece because you wouldn't post this if you did.
Re: What Are You Bringing To The Table Beyond Beauty And Social Media Likes? by Richiy(f): 9:43am On Apr 02, 2016
This world is no longer a world of ladies sitting back and receiving all they need.

The desire to leave something worthwhile, a mark should consume every lady. This transcends just being successful.

This is no longer a period of walking around purposelessly or thinking the world revolves around you, your nails, body, shoes and clothes.

I want to see more ladies burn with the desire for knowledge and it's application. Burn with the desire to make a change while looking making profits/progress. You are also allowed to be pretty while doing that grin

5 Likes

Re: What Are You Bringing To The Table Beyond Beauty And Social Media Likes? by obiorathesubtle: 9:45am On Apr 02, 2016
grin I have nothing to say...
Re: What Are You Bringing To The Table Beyond Beauty And Social Media Likes? by Cholls(m): 9:46am On Apr 02, 2016
my brother I tire o.........anyways, I feel we guys have to be near-perfect supermen in order to make a desirable woman chase just a little bit.
Re: What Are You Bringing To The Table Beyond Beauty And Social Media Likes? by Ragner(m): 9:48am On Apr 02, 2016
Sanchez01:

1. If all we need is a woman to give us children, we could as well lean towards baby mamas.
2. If all we need is a woman to wash our clothes, we can as well get for ourselves a laundry machine while we remain single.
3. If it was for food alone, most males out there devote time to worshipping the kitchen.
4. If it was just someone to welcome, I could choose to never leave my parents house since I'd be returning to them and other family members everyday.
5. And if it was someone to share my problems with and seek advice, I may as well lean towards my buddies since they know me inside out, or possibly book an appointment with a counselor.

It is really beyond these things. The role of a woman is not to give births as pigs while you use their remains to decorate your home like a trophy won in 1975.

Dude, You've Said it Yourself too...You Can only have all this Things Listed above at once From a Woman. A Wife Precisely.

By the way, I Clearly Stated 'Sometimes'

1 Like

Re: What Are You Bringing To The Table Beyond Beauty And Social Media Likes? by Sanchez01: 9:49am On Apr 02, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
Why do ya'll cry everyday about gold diggers but want women that look like Beyonce
First, let me make light your post then flaw your reasoning.
1. I'm neither attracted to female choristers nor female musicians. Why this is so, I don't know.
2. I have come to know no woman is complete and looking for one in another is a disaster.
3. Last I checked, Beyonce didn't earn herself a spot in world music via gold digging. So why you should mention her is what I don't understand.
4. Finally, if I'm to understand your post, it would translate that you're implying every beautiful woman out there is a gold digger, right?

4 Likes

Re: What Are You Bringing To The Table Beyond Beauty And Social Media Likes? by refiner(f): 9:51am On Apr 02, 2016
Sanchez01:

It is obvious you didn't read the piece because you wouldn't post this if you did.

.....yea,I didn't read d piece!...just felt like commenting!undecided
Re: What Are You Bringing To The Table Beyond Beauty And Social Media Likes? by Sanchez01: 9:52am On Apr 02, 2016
Ragner:

Dude, You've Said it Yourself too...You Can only have all this Things Listed above at once From a Woman. A Wife Precisely.

By the way, I Clearly Stated 'Sometimes'
Sometimes does not apply to all. More so, I listed those attributes because a woman possess all that and more. I mean a WOMAN.
Re: What Are You Bringing To The Table Beyond Beauty And Social Media Likes? by Sanchez01: 9:55am On Apr 02, 2016
refiner:

.....yea,I didn't read d piece!...just felt like commenting!undecided
Thought so. What you mentioned is rightly stated in my third paragraph. The piece is not in any way generalizing and saying ALL women.

While I would be quick to point out that only too few women maintain the quintessential status which is far becoming legendary, the average Nigerian woman believes this does not apply to them. Only a few who have been able to think outside of the box have come to understand that you command a lot of respect from the men folks if you invest quality time in building the world and dream you think you deserve. A quintessential woman understands independence is the key to breaking the gender inequality barrier.
Re: What Are You Bringing To The Table Beyond Beauty And Social Media Likes? by Nobody: 9:56am On Apr 02, 2016
Sanchez01:

First, let me make light your post then flaw your reasoning.
1. I'm neither attracted to female choristers nor female musicians. Why this is so, I don't know.
2. I have come to know no woman is complete and looking for one in another is a disaster.
3. Last I checked, Beyonce didn't earn herself a spot in world music via gold digging. So why you should mention her is what I don't understand.
4. Finally, if I'm to understand your post, it would translate that you're implying every beautiful woman out there is a gold digger, right?
I'm making mention of the way ya'll slob over her an sighting how ya'll what women that are pretty an curvy with t h big breast/butts.(hour class shape).
So stop men from waiting, seeking,requiring this
An women will stop searching for Daddy Warbucks(a really rich man)
Can't ....... I know.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Bringing To The Table Beyond Beauty And Social Media Likes? by Ragner(m): 9:57am On Apr 02, 2016
Sanchez01:

Sometimes does not apply to all. More so, I listed those attributes because a woman possess all that and more. I mean a WOMAN.

Yes not to all...But Many African Men Prefer it that Way... No matter how you Look at it, the Majority will always Still Believe A Woman's Place is in the Kitchen while we Explore the world.
Re: What Are You Bringing To The Table Beyond Beauty And Social Media Likes? by Sanchez01: 9:59am On Apr 02, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
I'm making note of they way ya'll slob over her an sighting how ya'll what women that are cute in the face an tight in the waist(hour class shape).
So stop men from waiting, seeking,requiring this
An women will stop searching for Daddy Warbucks(a really rich man)
Please modify this. I can barely grasp a thing. By the way, are you a Texan? What's with all the "ya'll"?

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Bringing To The Table Beyond Beauty And Social Media Likes? by Sanchez01: 10:00am On Apr 02, 2016
Ragner:

Yes not to all...But Many African Men Prefer it that Way... No matter how you Look at it, the Majority will always Still Believe A Woman's Place is in the Kitchen while we Explore the world.

I am an African man and I don't believe a woman's place starts and end with the kitchen. You could choose to believe that, but not me.

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Bringing To The Table Beyond Beauty And Social Media Likes? by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 02, 2016
Sanchez01:

Please modify this. I can barely grasp a thing. By the way, are you a Texan? What's with all the "ya'll"?
But ya'll say "ya'll" too I've seen it around here.
But yeah,I'm from the American south.
Not Texas though,just live here now.
Re: What Are You Bringing To The Table Beyond Beauty And Social Media Likes? by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 02, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
Well Beyonce don't come cheap!!!
Have you even payed fer tickets to her concerts grin
U r right honey. So what post r u holding in the GoDAW Association.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Bringing To The Table Beyond Beauty And Social Media Likes? by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 02, 2016
Festivalofholi:
U r right honey. So what post r u holding in the GoDAW Association.
What undecided what is "GoDAW"
Re: What Are You Bringing To The Table Beyond Beauty And Social Media Likes? by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 02, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
What undecided what is "GoDAW"
I guess u didn't read d post b4 commenting. Read d post again.
Re: What Are You Bringing To The Table Beyond Beauty And Social Media Likes? by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 02, 2016
Richiy:
This world is no longer a world of ladies sitting back and receiving all they need.

The desire to leave something worthwhile, a mark should consume every lady. This transcends just being successful.

This is no longer a period of walking around purposelessly or thinking the world revolves around you, your nails, body, shoes and clothes.

I want to see more ladies burn with the desire for knowledge and it's application. Burn with the desire to make a change while looking making profits/progress. You are also allowed to be pretty while doing that grin

Well said, wise woman.
Re: What Are You Bringing To The Table Beyond Beauty And Social Media Likes? by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 02, 2016
Festivalofholi:
I guess u didn't read d post b4 commenting. Read d post again.
I read it but stop an commented grin
You askin' where in the world I'm from or what?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

White People R Crazy, See silly And Funny Names They Bear / Whos Sister Is This?? / She Can't Allow Her Mom In-law To See Her unclothedness, She’s hiding something.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.