Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

15 Signs You Need To Quit Job And How To Actually Do It - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 15 Signs You Need To Quit Job And How To Actually Do It (460 Views)

I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next / I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings / Confused About Contract Job And A Permanent Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

15 Signs You Need To Quit Job And How To Actually Do It by psalm121vs1: 2:26pm On Apr 02, 2016
If you're not sure about your job, here are 15 signs that it might be time to pull the eject handle:
1. You spend most of Sunday dreading Monday.
2. You need caffeine, alcohol, or other drugs to get up for work, to come down from work, or to avoid thinking about work.
3. You frequently feel tired, achy, or run down, but you rarely take a sick day.
4. Your spouse hates your work phone.
5. Your bosses, your co-workers, or your clients are abusive.
6. You're often anxious or short-tempered at work.
7. You can't seem to remember what you used to do for fun.
8. You spend at least an hour complaining about work every night.
9. You feel exhausted during work but you can't sleep at night.
10. Your values and your employer's values don't line up.
11. You no longer have the energy to do the things you love.
12. Your work environment is toxic.
13. You think about work constantly…even when you are on vacation.
14. Your strengths and talents are not appreciated.
15. You have so much built-up resentment and anger that even if every one of your work wishes was granted, you still wouldn't want to stay.
If none of that sounds familiar, congratulations! You can stop reading and get back to your super-awesome job. But let's face it…if you're still reading this, it's probably best that you think about making a change.
Before you flip over your desk, consider making an escape plan…
In the Short Term
Do some triage:
How bad is your current work situation? Do you need to quit, like, yesterday? Or can you stick it out a while longer? If your work environment is toxic, abusive, or put
s your health at risk, don't hesitate. Consider a lateral move or even something at a lower pay grade. Your health and sanity are worth more than a slight drop in salary or prestige.
Do nothing.
No, I don't mean just suck it up and soldier on. I mean, carve out some quiet time every day to soothe your mind and body. Implementing a regular meditation practice can quickly take your tension level from RED ALERT to recharged. There are a ton of great guided meditations available for free online. Find one you like, sit your butt down, and listen. Every day...read more of this on http://www.okoyetech.com/2016/04/15-signs-you-need-to-quit-job-and-how.html

(1) (Reply)

Fiber Certification Training In Ikeja / 2016/2017 Post-utme Update / Unemployed And Christian Or A Business Owner. GOA TALENT Is Looking For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.