Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,601 members, 7,801,736 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today (38615 Views)

Major Mistake Made By Christians / Putting God First: Modern-Day Idolatry Among Christians Today / 12 Signs Of Self-righteousness And Pharisee-ism Among Christians Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by Marvel1206: 10:13am On Apr 03, 2016
lying too.. doing april fool

1 Like

Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by SweetJoystick(m): 10:17am On Apr 03, 2016
Festivalofholi:
Op you miss the most common one- fornication. 95% of christains fornicate. While the other 5% can't find who to bleep.
Lol you dey craze I swear
Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by freecocoa(f): 10:18am On Apr 03, 2016
Like there are ones they don't ignore.

Yea right.
Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by princeSammyz: 10:20am On Apr 03, 2016
Ignored sins? I think using cracked softwares, games and free browsing cheats should have made d list. and maybe nairalanding from church too. lol

2 Likes

Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by overboard(m): 10:21am On Apr 03, 2016
[quote author=malvisguy212 post=44356471]If I am saved, why do I still sin? Why do I have
such a problem with sin while I am here on
earth? Why am I still troubled with impure
thoughts? Why do I sometimes do what I know
is wrong? Why do I sometimes fail to do what I
know is right? Why do I continue to battle with
temptations? Why do I sometimes live and act
like an unsaved person (see 1 Cor. 3:3), even
though it grieves me and saddens me when I
live this way? In 2 cor 5:17 it say the believers has a NEW NATURE. Now that I have a new nature, what has happened to my old sinful nature? Did it disappear? Was it transformed from something evil to something good? Was it totally removed? Was it partially removed? If the believer says that he has no sin (no sin
nature), is he telling the truth or is he deceiving
himself ? Bible say in 1 john 1:8-10

8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive
ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we
confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will
forgive us our sins and purify us from all
unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not
sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his
word is not in us.

The old sinful nature has not been eradicated
or removed. It is still present with the believer.
James 3:2 refers to believers and it says, "For in many things we offend all" or literally "For in
many things we all offend." The word "offend"
means that we all stumble, fall short, and go
astray. We all fail and fall. Even as believers we all have sinned. We all offend, and therefore we all are in desperate need of the mercy and grace of God and in desperate need of His forgiveness and cleansing. In 1 peter 5:8 the bible say BEWERE. If you are save and the sinful nature is removed completely, WHY BEWERE ?

Paul, as a saved man, made the following
amazing statements:

Romans 7:14-25
14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am
unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not
understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[ c] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. 21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature[ d] a slave to the law of sin.

A save man has TWO nature, Good and bad, the one you feed the most will dominate your life.[/quote

I'll quote you on that last line. It is so apt, true and guiding. God bless you.
Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by missyadorable(f): 10:29am On Apr 03, 2016
FORNICATION and ADULTERY should top this list

After bleeping from monday to saturday,they go to church on sunday,well dressed wt big bibles and come back in the evening to continue from where they stopped

After spending the whole saturday with his girlfriend outside,he enters church on sunday with his wife.after service,he goes back to bleep his babe.

And in all these,they feel no remorse,no guilt..conscience very clear

They still update "I love God,The Lord is good,Just thinking about heaven,I am the apple of His eyes,etc" on various social media profiles

On sunday,na dem shout pass,sing pass,dance pass in church

Hypocrites!

5 Likes

Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by emerged01(m): 10:30am On Apr 03, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
you must be a pastor.....so some people can actually quote old testament when it comes to tithe ,but when it pertains to other discussions like an arm for an arm and marrying more than one wives ,some will say that was before Jesus come.....a good lot of christains quote the bible to soothe themselves

Hmm,I just don't know what to say. I will advice you to let your inner voice guide you.
Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by tunjijones(m): 10:30am On Apr 03, 2016
DharmyYinks:

Tithe is not a twist of the scripture! If u read d Book of Numbers, u'll know that 10% is a little thing compared to the offerings d Israelites give on "fixed" times.

Change ur notion towards tithing... It's only a foolish person who will not give back to God

The percentage given in the book of numbers is called tax.... So wld u pay tax to Nigerian government and still pay tax to the pastor? This is called double taxation.

1 Like

Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by MadCow1: 10:32am On Apr 03, 2016
DharmyYinks:
What are five common sins that often get ignored by Christians? Which ones can you think of?

Bearing False Witness
We are still sinners, the Bible is very clear about this (1 John 1:8. 10), but we should not be bearing false witness to others. We can “stretch” the truth, but a half-truth is still a whole lie. I know I’ve done it, and I would imagine you have, too. I’ve been caught in a lie, and I’ve caught others in them, too. Most Christians repent of this and ask for forgiveness, but I also know a lady who claims to be a Christian and is a compulsive liar. This ought not be because this is one of the so-called seven deadly sins that God hates, and it includes being “ a false witness who breathes out lies ” (Prov. 6:19a), which is “ a lying tongue ” (Prov. 6:17).

Gossiping
This is one sin that God truly hates. It divides and destroys many churches and relationships, too. God says, “ There are six things that the Lord hates [and] seven that are an abomination to him ” (Prov. 6:16), including “ one who sows discord among brothers ” (Prov. 6:19b) because it destroys the unity which God is trying to create in the church. This was a huge problem within the Corinthian church, as Paul wrote that there should “ be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment ” (1 Cor. 1:10) because “ a whisperer (gossiper) separates close friends ” (Prov. 16:28b).

Stealing
We might not be robbing banks, but we can leave work early; have someone clock us in or out; or steal pens, paper, and even paperclips from work. If we aren’t giving it our all at work, then we’re stealing from our employer, who pays us the wages for which they expect us to work. Paul admonishes those thieves of property and time: “ Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need ” (Eph. 4:28). Paul rebuked the church at Rome by asking, “ While you preach against stealing, do you steal ” (Rom. 2:21)?

Coveting
This is the only sin that is listed among the Ten Commandments that nobody can see. You can covet your neighbor’s spouse; you can covet their brand new car; you can covet their house; or you can even covet their job, status, or position in life. Coveting is the one sin that Paul apparently had trouble with, as he wrote, “ Yet if it had not been for the law, I would not have known sin. For I would not have known what it is to covet if the law had not said, ‘You shall not covet’ But sin, seizing an opportunity through the commandment, produced in me all kinds of covetousness. For apart from the law, sin lies dead ” (Rom. 7:7-cool. When you covet, you tell God, “God, I’m not satisfied with what I have–I want more.”

Dishonoring Parents
I hear this broken frequently by people who talk about their parents when they’re not there and even after they’ve passed away. Once again, I’ve done it, but I stopped. I repented of this. You can dishonor your parents even after you’re an adult by the way you talk to them, by the way you talk about them, and by the way you treat them (or mistreat them).

This commandment is so important to God that He placed it first in the six commandments that are horizontal (human to human). This is the only commandment that promises a longer life if obeyed but a shorter life if not. This is not simply an Old Testament law, as Paul reiterated it in Ephesians 6:2-3, writing, “ Honor your father and mother” (this is the first commandment with a promise “that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land. ” Paul directly quoted Deuteronomy 5:16.

Conclusion:
I used the Ten Commandments because every sin we can commit are contained within these Ten Commandments. I could have also added putting others before God and taking God’s name in vain, but I would not expect Christians to openly do these sorts of things.

Surely, we should not be lying to one another, we should not be gossiping about others, we should be giving an honest day’s work for an honest day’s wages, we shouldn’t be coveting what others have but be content with what we have, and we should be honoring our parents. Let us all Repent from our sins!!!

Source: www.faithinthenews.com/5-sins-that-often-get-ignored-by-christians-today/

You forgot GLUTONNY.. That's why there are so many fat fhuckers in church today.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by Cece20: 10:37am On Apr 03, 2016
Living together before marriage
Having children outside wedlock
dressing naked in d name of fashion
lots n lots of dem. People even celebrate baby mamas. I once saw a picture of Mikel Obi's babies mama and they caption it " type amen and God will bless u with a set of twins like Mikel" seriously?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by iliyande(m): 10:37am On Apr 03, 2016
It's a reminder
Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by chichriso: 10:45am On Apr 03, 2016
Good post
Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 03, 2016
Striving spirit.

Unmerciful towards strangers.

Implacable no matter how much you plead for amicable settlement.

Forgotten about the orphans and widows around.

"Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you." (Matthew 21:31).
Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by stonemasonn: 11:16am On Apr 03, 2016
asalimpo:

tithe isnt a twist of scripture.
do your research.
And why do christians argue about tithe, its because they want to keep all to themselves. Greedy, clawing people.
They're not arguing for an opportunity to give more! which ultimately is a proof of doubt in God's ability to provide.
give more!! You must be joking. Even the Jews do not give that much, Yahweh is not inconsiderate. No god demand for so much cash like the Christian God.
Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by Lemibare(m): 11:18am On Apr 03, 2016
ceejay80s:

In this our present time, when has God come down from heaven to collect the tithe ?
Continue trecking and pastors will be buying jets and building universities even ur children can't afford to attend

The best tithes u must pay is to reach out to d needy (love ur brothers as urselves) rather than invested in church. even our pastors know these but won't reveal to members as money become their earning in every short service. though it is good to gv church money for managing d welfare but not our church nowadays. 80% of them founded church in order to make money as investment not for Christ. compare church with Muslim religion of nowadays. how many universities Muslim religion has built and how big mosques has been established. but their own God never sleep. we said we are following Christ. does Christ had a place he stay during his time. NO. so, if u re Christ follower. u have to take or burden and follow him not ur church. how many Christian s are in group discussing abt Christ like d way youths argue abt football. no. but we only discuss Christ among ourselves. instead if us to go to abete where agberi drinking shape, cannabis and other hard drugs or go to prostitute house to preach or share d good news. Jesus said wen one thought he was dinning with a sinner. but he let dem know DAT his own doctor does not need to heal dose who re already healed but who are sick. am a sinner but lookijng for grace to obey and be commitment to serve him.
MAY GOD HELP US AND ENLIGHT US TO KNOW D TRUTH. COS SOME HAVE TURN BIBLE TO ELABORATION FOR THEIR OWN SELFISH INTEREST.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 03, 2016
This should be included as well, Ephesians 6:4 “Parents, do not provoke your children to anger by the way you treat them. Rather, bring them up with the discipline and instruction that comes from the Lord”.
Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by Olusanya333(m): 11:28am On Apr 03, 2016
Dudes quoting Paul, Peter and James as scriptures, you all still get a long way to go.
Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by Olusanya333(m): 11:29am On Apr 03, 2016
stonemasonn:
give more!! You must be joking. Even the Jews do not give that much, Yahweh is not inconsiderate. No god demand for so much cash like the Christian God.
The Truth is God demands Tithe from no one but those who are Israelite by race.

1 Like

Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by Olusanya333(m): 11:31am On Apr 03, 2016
9airaland:
Evrry time i m do all of ds, i know i am commiting sins
Even doing those things, you are still no sinner.
Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 03, 2016
Cece20:
Living together before marriage
Having children outside wedlock
dressing naked in d name of fashion
lots n lots of dem. People even celebrate baby mamas. I once saw a picture of Mikel Obi's babies mama and they caption it " type amen and God will bless u with a set of twins like Mikel" seriously?
Hmmm There's one Pastor who stays at the back of Us, he brought in a woman to be living with him and yet he has not paid a penny on head, now he has gotten her pregnant...
Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by Jacko1(m): 12:09pm On Apr 03, 2016
Gluttony men i nearly overate yesterday
Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by olaeffect(m): 12:16pm On Apr 03, 2016
[b]
asalimpo:

do your research.
And why do christians argue about tithe, its because they want to keep all to themselves. Greedy, clawing people.
They're not arguing for an opportunity to give more! which ultimately is a proof of doubt in God's ability to provide.

epic!!!
Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by Damtha(f): 12:16pm On Apr 03, 2016
Festivalofholi:
Op you miss the most common one- fornication. 95% of christains fornicate. While the other 5% can't find who to bleep.
Not true for the 5%
Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by Dklef(m): 12:31pm On Apr 03, 2016
asalimpo:

do your research.

Pardon me, quoting you if you dont mind. I'd like to know your imput on the questions list below;

1. Paying of tithe in church, is it suppose to be compulsorily or willingly done?
2. Why do churches lay a greater emphasis on tithing more than every other text in the bible?
Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by ndcide(m): 12:33pm On Apr 03, 2016
maestroferddi:
You missed the most prevalent/rife of them all.

The biggest sin in the body of Christ today is the most obvious.

It is LYING.

There is an increasing dearth of sincerity and integrity in the church today.

False testimonies, unearned/undeserved titles, mindless exaggerations, outright manipulation of the congregation and other sharp practices are gradually growing roots in today's church.

The Lord will preserve His church. The spirit of righteousness and truth will reign again in the body of Christ because God's mercies endureth forever.
Amen

1 Like

Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by postmann: 12:37pm On Apr 03, 2016
Dklef:

Pardon me, quoting you if you dont mind. I'd like to know your imput on the questions list below;

1. Paying of tithe in church, is it suppose to be compulsorily or willingly done?
2. Why do churches lay a greater emphasis on tithing more than every other text in the bible?

Make me sef quote you!

Tithing is of GOD. It is HIS requirement. It is well supported in the new testament.

No priest or pastor can enforce it. It is strictly between you and GOD.

Do christians who refuse to pay tithes committing sin? A big YES!!!
Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by Originalsly: 12:39pm On Apr 03, 2016
asalimpo:

do your research.
This is exactly what is meant by twisting scripture.....why do so called Christians Iike you always be shouting and hammering and quoting the importance of the collection of tithe but always...always stay clear of the true purpose of the tithe which is to mainly help the poor? Is paying tithe proof of faith in the ability of God to provide?...is this not twisting the scripture?....or infact....rewriting the scripture?
Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by asalimpo(m): 12:52pm On Apr 03, 2016
Originalsly:
This is exactly what is meant by twisting scripture.....why do so called Christians Iike you always be shouting and hammering and quoting the importance of the collection of tithe but always...always stay clear of the true purpose of the tithe which is to mainly help the poor? Is paying tithe proof of faith in the ability of God to provide?...is this not twisting the scripture?....or infact....rewriting the scripture?
Tithe is God's stake in your increase. It's God's. Besides, if it were really to help the poor anti-tithers are clamouring about (which isnt), the issue wouldnt be about how much to pay or not pay but how to channel th e funds. This isnt the case. Yes, paying the tithe signifies belief in God to provide for your financially, because when you release the tithe (and offering), inspite of it being a chunk of your earnings, you believe
that the One who gave you the increase from which the tithe (and offering came from) will/can continue to give your more increasse to meet your daily needs. You believe that He will sustain you on the left over ,after the tithe and offering have been deducted. It takes faith to live like this.

1 Like

Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by Dklef(m): 12:55pm On Apr 03, 2016
postmann:

Make me sef quote you!

Tithing is of GOD. It is HIS requirement. It is well supported in the new testament.

No priest or pastor can enforce it. It is strictly between you and GOD.

Do christians who refuse to pay tithes committing sin? A big YES!!!

Thank you for your responce, "No priest or pastor can enforce it. It is strictly between you and God"

Thus my second question, "Why do Pastors lay a greater emphasis on tithing more than every other biblical texts"

because if its really between i and my God, then i see no reason why you should start judging or questioning my faithfulnes to my creator with sometime that's none of your business in the first place.

I do not 'refuse' to pay tithe, i simply do not have enough sometimes, to give.
And if truely, God is the almaighty who is got everything; including riches in his hands, why do you thinks its wise for me to give the little i have to Someone who's got it all?

1 Like

Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by asalimpo(m): 12:55pm On Apr 03, 2016
Deejacy2:
Hmmm There's one Pastor who stays at the back of Us, he brought in a woman to be living with him and yet he has not paid a penny on head, now he has gotten her pregnant...
for real?
Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 03, 2016
asalimpo:

for real?
Yes ooohh
Re: 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today by asalimpo(m): 1:03pm On Apr 03, 2016
Deejacy2:
Yes ooohh
This is sad.

How will he be preaching against fornication now or co-habiting?
embarassed sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See Throwback Photo Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome And His Daughters / Pastor Adeboye Opens RCCG New Central Office In Uk(photos) / Pastor Tunde Bakare's Daughter Wedding In London Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.