Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,102 members, 7,807,319 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) (60599 Views)

President Buhari Host Apc Delegation In Nigeria London House. Pics / "Police Is Your Friend"- US Based Nigerian Lady Says After Hitching A Ride. PIC / The Politics Of Biafra And The Future Of Nigeria – London Book Launch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by sLentlover7778(m): 12:17am On Apr 03, 2016
Never it can't happen, even if we exchange leader.. NA no go gree
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by tiwiex(m): 12:23am On Apr 03, 2016
ethene:

But op for naija fuel and gas no cost reach like that. With 3,000 naira gas for my 12kg cylinder I dey rock am for one month plus

his salary is four times yours too. All join.
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by afroxyz: 12:31am On Apr 03, 2016
MrProducer:
This is Nigeria.This is Africa. We are black people.
Just understand this fact...
That thing is never going to happen here, whether it's 2050 o, 2100. Never ever.
And y'all waiting for Nigeria to develop, keep waiting.
Population of 180m and largest economy in Africa.
It will never ever happen.
We'll only manage but we'll never get there.
The bitter truth.

Ps. Don't quote me.
We are black people and so? Na your type dey lick white man nyash
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by barbiesparkz2(f): 12:57am On Apr 03, 2016
datigbogirl:

What if person no get money to pay for the gas? E mean sey cold go kill pesin be dat ko?

No be small cold.
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by olisaEze(m): 1:37am On Apr 03, 2016
AmAlbert:
E go happen as soon as them complete second river Niger bridge

*sips dogonyaro and kulikuli
cheesy
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Nobody: 1:44am On Apr 03, 2016
Nigeria too big to make sense nua,thief everywhere. Na bank own worse pass. Them go give you 10naira interest collect 200naira. Abeg who dey work for diamond Bank here, I don write una tire una no won answer shebi I go create topic here open una yanch o
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by DedeNkem: 1:58am On Apr 03, 2016
thesicilian:
Nigeria may never get to that stage and the sad reality is that Nigeria & Britain are not the same. So stop comparing.

Your type of dumb mentality is what makes it hard for Nigeria to progress.

2 Likes

Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Ojiofor: 2:12am On Apr 03, 2016
ethene:

But op for naija fuel and gas no cost reach like that. With 3,000 naira gas for my 12kg cylinder I dey rock am for one month plus
The gas is not a cylinder type its centralised dual gas system that you use for cooking and for heating up your home during winter season.
You pay less in summer time when its used for cooking and hot shower only.
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Nellybii: 2:20am On Apr 03, 2016
shaiba:
Yes we can. I got same from PHCN that I over paid my electricity bills last year from the month of August and was not to pay any more bills till the end of the year. Also this year same thing happened from the month of February.

I thought it was a joke and visited their office and it was confirmed.

Nigeria will get beter. God Bless us all.

Don't mind them. It is the normal slave mentality and self defeatism that has bedeviled the black man. That is why the black man will be the first to admit that nothing good can come out of Africa ever. It is a shame. He didn't mention how much tax he coughs out monthly to develop Europe. He pays 38000naira to fill his tank. Now has been reduced to 25000naira. See how happy he is. They go to Europe and behave normally.
They come back to Nigeria, disobey every law and blame the government. Shame!!

3 Likes

Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by 9jatatafo(m): 2:30am On Apr 03, 2016
Integrityfarms:
But won't the CHANGE in APC do that since PMB is a Saint and Fashola is an Angel?

These two that are forcing hardship down our throats?! Never
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Evyivy(f): 2:50am On Apr 03, 2016
mathias32:
what are u trying to say?
Yeah dunno wat to comment and sleep dey catch me
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Evyivy(f): 2:51am On Apr 03, 2016
Kanyekels:

So this is the best you can contribute.... Dumb
Yes oooo dumber! No dumbest!
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Bbklopsy: 2:57am On Apr 03, 2016
i know some failures will start deceiving themselves saying Rome was not built in a day.nonsense
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by nextstep(m): 3:28am On Apr 03, 2016
If you wait until things are better to come home, you'll wait a long time. If you come back and help things get better, they will get better sooner. We need your exposure, experience, and skills... just don't come here and abusing us like so many been-to's.

1 Like

Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by nextstep(m): 3:32am On Apr 03, 2016
Nellybii:

Don't mind them. It is the normal slave mentality and self defeatism that has bedeviled the black man. That is why the black man will be the first to admit that nothing good can come out of Africa ever. It is a shame. He didn't mention how much tax he coughs out monthly to develop Europe. He pays 38000naira to fill his tank. Now has been reduced to 25000naira. See how happy he is. They go to Europe and behave normally.
They come back to Nigeria, disobey every law and blame the government. Shame!!

Yes, it really makes me angry when these been-to's come home and start disobeying laws and complaining about every single thing. If this place is so bad, please return and stay abroad and let us hear word!
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Memejem: 4:34am On Apr 03, 2016
You view is quite pessimistic. Your statement implies that you believe that Nigerians are undeserving of fair treatment from the government. That they should stop hoping for a better life, because it will never come

It's people with that mindset that endure poverty and punishment. Until Nigerians collectively begin to hold thier leaders accountable, the average citizen will never recieve justice.

It will take a very long time to achieve. Maybe a few generations but it is not impossible. Rome want built in a day. And Britain is a very old nation unlike nigeria.

thesicilian:
Nigeria may never get to that stage and the sad reality is that Nigeria & Britain are not the same. So stop comparing.
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by miqos02(m): 4:52am On Apr 03, 2016
shaiba:
Yes we can. I got same from PHCN that I over paid my electricity bills last year from the month of August and was not to pay any more bills till the end of the year. Also this year same thing happened from the month of February.

pictures or video to confirm
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by onionsbeans12: 5:20am On Apr 03, 2016
shaiba:

zombies and their usual lying characteristics
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by bennywise30(m): 5:21am On Apr 03, 2016
you better return and enjoy the suffering and smiling in nigeria because if you continue to wait for the change you will get old and die there ,Pdp and Apc are the same I'm coming back this xmas ,nigeria remain the best nothing like home
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by AreaFada2: 5:52am On Apr 03, 2016
arofemites:
I had experienced what OP is comparing when living in Rotterdam.

Nevertheless, home is home. It is because of dese factors most of u in diaspora don't want to come home. You are yelling for a change in ur father's land and u r away wit nothing to contribute to make a change.

For me, I bliv d weak n hopeless ones who don't have d courage and wat it takes to survive will abandon dere country for a dirty pasture.

Had it been dat dese westerners abandoned dere beloved countries during d hardship of 15th,16th n 17th centuries, where would u have run to now?

Let's make our country great by uniting forces. Even in d absence of good leadership, I'll do my part by feeding this nation with my projects.

May God help us all, amen.

Don't yell for a change in diaspora. Come to contribute your quota.

You mean surviving through corruption, bribery, exam malpractice, ritual killing and what not?

Some people just want a decent living, not survival by any means. A place where you get things on merit and through hard work, not tribe or region or state of origin or bribery or who your papa is. Not jungle style hustle but civilised way.

Around $40 to 50 billion dollars remitted by diaspora Nigerians yearly help house, educate, give medical care, provide jobs (bricklayers, carpenters, alumaco workers, carpenters,etc) for millions, real estate boost and more. That is an amount about twice Nigeria's annual budget remitted yearly.

Crime, prostitution and more would be worse without it.
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by AreaFada2: 5:55am On Apr 03, 2016
arofemites:
I had experienced what OP is comparing when living in Rotterdam.

Nevertheless, home is home. It is because of dese factors most of u in diaspora don't want to come home. You are yelling for a change in ur father's land and u r away wit nothing to contribute to make a change.

For me, I bliv d weak n hopeless ones who don't have d courage and wat it takes to survive will abandon dere country for a dirty pasture.

Had it been dat dese westerners abandoned dere beloved countries during d hardship of 15th,16th n 17th centuries, where would u have run to now?

Let's make our country great by uniting forces. Even in d absence of good leadership, I'll do my part by feeding this nation with my projects.

May God help us all, amen.

Don't yell for a change in diaspora. Come to contribute your quota.

You mean surviving through corruption, bribery, exam malpractice, ritual killing, political thuggery and what not?

Some people just want a decent living, a place where you get things on merit and through hard work, not tribe or region or state of origin or who your papa is.

Around 40 to 50 billion dollars remitted by diaspora Nigerians yearly help house, educate, give medical care, provide jobs (bricklayers, carpenters, alumaco workers, other artisans,etc) for millions, real estate boost and more. That is an amount about twice Nigeria's annual budget remitted yearly.

Crime, prostitution and more would be worse without it.
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by adlan01: 6:04am On Apr 03, 2016
grin Naija is already there
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by tony9k: 6:12am On Apr 03, 2016
What this means is that the op has not visited 'compare the market', 'go compare' and all other comparison site to get the bet energy deals. The op is probably still paying higher than should be paid. And fuel price fell below £1.00 per litre weeks ago so the difference in fuel costs should have been obvious. The question in the topic s very relevant though.
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by GodsonCJ2020: 6:37am On Apr 03, 2016
You don't compare Nigeria with other developed countries... Nigeria is still young and developing, hopefully we shall get there. Nigeria is just 56.
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Alezy(m): 6:39am On Apr 03, 2016
shaiba:

What?? in Nigeria? ? Abeg where u dey stay?
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by seunajia: 7:08am On Apr 03, 2016
He's probably a postpaid customer who hasn't had their meter read in a while. I pay quarterly too so it is possible to overpay. I might get the opposite of what he has in my flat from Scottish Gas though. Lol.
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Demily(m): 7:11am On Apr 03, 2016
Youngzedd:
Rubbish
Comparing advanced country with developing country.
55 euros to fill your tank and you're rejoicing, ndo.
pounds not Euros. smiley
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by wiZbanky(m): 7:15am On Apr 03, 2016
Charmerbeautylooks:
Op, u need paracetamol! Foolishness of d highest order dey make u compare ur papa land wit dat of borrowed country wey u dey. U better get common sense ooo sad angry embarassed
poor man's mentality. it's obvious u've never been outside of dis country. if u go out u'll see the suffering here and the much more comfortability and ease of living there
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 7:19am On Apr 03, 2016
Not the same how Are they not humans like you....
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by loomer: 7:21am On Apr 03, 2016
ethene:

Chief u wan compare as dem dey use gas for Europe to naija?

You go still use the same gas for heating ur house o.
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Moistpaws: 7:24am On Apr 03, 2016
To all of you bad mouthing Nigeria, with people like you: the nation is worse. So as una dey think so, does it mean that if something is bad or degenerating, then it can't be salvaged. Bad Belle people dem, pessimists. Una no dey see anything good as na una be the baddest eggs. Nigeria go survive and better.
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Obiwiz(m): 7:42am On Apr 03, 2016
sixtuschimere:
What do you think? Will we ever get to this stage?

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/04/can-this-ever-happen-in-nigeriaphoto.html
How can we get to that level?
With so much injustices and lies?
With no equal opportunities for the citizens?
With quota preferred over merit?
With selfish refusal to implement full fiscal federalism?
With herdsmen killing and maiming citizens with impunity?
With environmental degradation going unchecked?
With so much oppression against the minorities?
With leadership allegedly going vocal about a plan to discriminate btwn d 95% and d 5%?
With selective enforcement/implementation of anti-graft laws/policies?
With minors being abducted, espoused and having a religion imposed on them?
With the blood of over a million slain women and children(in what many tag an attempted genocide) still haunting Nigeria? Whatever happened to a referendum like you witnessed over there in the UK with the Scottish?
With a deliberate widening of the gap/income inequality btwn the rich and poor?
With religious favoritism holding sway for years in the secular scene?.....
Life is all about give-and-take, sowing and reaping. Wickedness can never go unpunished. Karma is in action.
My dear, as a country, even in a thousand years, we ain't getting anywhere near the standard of the UK of today if don't embrace Truth, Justice and Equity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Accident: Natasha Akpoti In Abuja Hospital (Photos) / Dakuku Peterside Kneeling And Praying To GOD For Today's Victory (pix) And APC. / 'Where Is Your Money Coming From'? - Secondus Asks Umahi After Seeing Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.