Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,047 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? (58071 Views)

]pics] Evidence Of Glo Unlimited Free Browsing / Anybody Else Notice The Quick Depletion Of MTN New Data Plans? / Whatsapp Now Has Gay Smileys..have You Noticed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? by Tcheck(m): 12:02pm On Apr 03, 2016
op you noticed it too? my 1.5gig exhausted so fast even when I restricted background data, so I bought the 20mb just to check live score and boom! they sent me a message that I've used 70%. just like that.
Re: Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? by Kizyte(m): 12:38pm On Apr 03, 2016
sk8er:

Honestly.
I dunno what kind of phone that guy uses that they charge him normal.
Well, he's just lucky. I've informed the NCC of this problem via email, expecting their reply, since the Glo 3G Support couldn't do anything about it. I'm expecting that the NCC investigate and resolve the issue.

Already reserved some NTEL numbers, can't wait to give them a try cool

2 Likes

Re: Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? by Kizyte(m): 12:42pm On Apr 03, 2016
Tcheck:
op you noticed it too? my 1.5gig exhausted so fast even when I restricted background data, so I bought the 20mb just to check live score and boom! they sent me a message that I've used 70%. just like that.
This is serious o! In fact, this is fraud of the highest order!
Re: Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? by charlesm91(m): 5:01pm On Apr 03, 2016
The sh*t happened to me too. Was on the weekend 3gig plan. First they said I had exhausted about 80% and 20mins later my remaining 500mb was gone without me doing nada on top their fluctuating network. The only network that shows hspa+ when in disguise it's a common edge network.

1 Like

Re: Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Apr 03, 2016
Kizyte:
Has anyone recently noticed the quick depletion of Glo data?
My 'So Special' N2500 for 4.5GB plan only lasted for 10 days without heavy usage.

See screenshot below:

After heavy dissappointments from GLO and Etisalat data, i went back to MTN 4.5 gig.

GLO is master of network fluctuations. Etisalat, master of data wiping..
Re: Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? by Youngpo413: 5:15pm On Apr 03, 2016
Kizyte:
My 'So Special' N2500 for 4.5GB plan only lasted for 10 days without heavy usage.

See screenshot below:
you really need an opera max ASAP.
Re: Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? by Youngpo413: 5:23pm On Apr 03, 2016
wolfenstein:
JųŞŧ ŋơŧıĆɛɖ ıŧ ŧơ ơ, I'm ųŞıŋɠ ą ŧɛĆɧŋơ ɧ5 Şɧąřıŋɠ ɖ ıŋŧɛřŋɛŧ ŧơ ąŋơɖą קɧơŋɛ ąŋɖ ɖıŞ ıŞ ɯąŧ I ʝųŞŧ ŋơŧıĆɛɖ ŧơ. Sɧơɯıŋɠ mɛ ɧą۷ɛ ŧɛŧɧɛřɛɖ 15.16ɠც ცųŧ ơŋ mყ ɠٳơɧıŞ ıŧŞ Şɧơɯıŋɠ mɛ 20.2ɠც. Wɧɛřɛ ɖ ɧɛٳٳ ɖıɖ ɖ řɛmąıŋıŋɠ GB ɠơ??
it goes into your font!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? by Youngpo413: 5:30pm On Apr 03, 2016
sk8er:

Honestly.
I dunno what kind of phone that guy uses that they charge him normal.
Samsung HTC and Co.
Re: Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? by Ate247(m): 6:25pm On Apr 03, 2016
wolfenstein:

ɛ۷ɛŋ ıʄ Şơmɛơŋɛ ıŞ Şɧąřıŋɠ ıŧ, ɖ ɖąŧą ɯıٳٳ Şɧơɯ. ĆơŞ I Şɧąřɛ ıŧ ŧơ mყ PC ąŋɖ ą ʄřıɛŋɖ. ıŞŋ'ŧ ıŧ ŞųקקơŞɛɖ ŧơ Şɧơɯ ɖ Şıʑɛ ơŋ ɖ קɧơŋɛ ąm Şɧąřıŋɠ ʄřơm?
it won't 4rm d hsi portal.
Re: Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? by oyxah(f): 10:53pm On Apr 03, 2016
Kizyte:

See screenshot below:
I thought it was just me. I subscribed 3k for 6Gb. It's not even upto a week now, it's all been exhausted. Honestly I was pained.
Re: Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? by Kizyte(m): 11:08pm On Apr 03, 2016
oyxah:

I thought it was just me. I subscribed 3k for 6Gb. It's not even upto a week now, it's all been exhausted. Honestly I was pained.
Wish we could flood the customer care with loads of complaints
Re: Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? by Ximonak: 11:29pm On Apr 03, 2016
asuustrike2009:

That's not totally true as some of us are charged normal
I did airtel 1500 for 3gb, within 4hours one night I got a text exhausted just because I streamed few football highlight.

I had to switch back to glo, because there is good glo network where I stay.
But airtel browsing speed na sport car speed sha

Re: Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? by Ximonak: 11:46pm On Apr 03, 2016
2014 I remember using glo 1k-3gb bbplan to browse for a month also hotspot sometimes, then like 3days for expiration I will use the remaining to download movies. Sometimes I will have like 1gb left, since it's 1k I just let it go.

Since late last year I notice it doesn't last a month but I thought it's because I was downloading too much.
Bought bb10 2014 Dec, I do sub twice 1k x 2 = 2k, 6gb still within one month it will finish, if I hotspot without even downloading.
If I stream na worst.
I have delete many andriod app and when you look at your data graph it reads lower usage still your data is draining fast

I have asked this question in "BB10 thread - phone section" but no one replied me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? by wolfenstein(m): 2:01am On Apr 04, 2016
Ate247:
it won't 4rm d hsi portal.
I mean its supposed to show on the data usage of d phone u sharing data from
Re: Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? by Ate247(m): 8:05am On Apr 04, 2016
wolfenstein:

I mean its supposed to show on the data usage of d phone u sharing data from
glo does data sharing which u can share with more than 4 contacts. check their website 4 details
Re: Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? by dljbd1(m): 8:34am On Apr 04, 2016
Mehn...see mine angry
FYI My Glo is sim 2

Re: Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 04, 2016
Ximonak:

I did airtel 1500 for 3gb, within 4hours one night I got a text exhausted just because I streamed few football highlight.

I had to switch back to glo, because there is good glo network where I stay.
But airtel browsing speed na sport car speed sha
You stream na moreover they charge higher when streaming because the compressed technology doesn't cover that.

1 Like

Re: Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? by Ximonak: 9:01am On Apr 04, 2016
asuustrike2009:

You stream na moreover they charge higher when streaming because the compressed technology doesn't cover that.

Even glo that have started to act like airtel I will still stream, even more and still use it like a week too.

I didn't tell you 1k extra credit was in the phone too, then zap all the money join too.
Now I understand, I will just manage glo till Nitel showforth
Re: Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 04, 2016
Ximonak:

Even glo that have started to act like airtel I will still stream, even more and still use it like a week too.

I didn't tell you 1k extra credit was in the phone too, then zap all the money join too.
Now I understand, I will just manage glo till Nitel showforth
Do you say Nitel or Ntel? I don't think they will do better because going by the bottle neck in the Telecom industry, it will not be different

1 Like

Re: Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? by Ximonak: 9:12am On Apr 04, 2016
asuustrike2009:

Do you say Nitel or Ntel? I don't think they will do better because going by the bottle neck in the Telecom industry, it will not be different

Let's just have hope, all they need to do is copy other telecoms working strategies/methods, then improve on it.

it's up to NCC to make them meet the standard
Re: Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? by wolfenstein(m): 10:02am On Apr 05, 2016
Ate247:
glo does data sharing which u can share with more than 4 contacts. check their website 4 details
ok
Re: Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? by wkkwl: 10:12am On Apr 05, 2016
I am tired sef i don't knw the plan to use again glo jst bleeped me up
3gb subed saturday no download nothing finished today
Re: Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? by dmcdad: 3:22pm On Apr 05, 2016
otokx:
I have not lost any Data, will be monitoring the situation closely.
Me too ooooo. I have not lost any! The zapping is very normal for me. Infact, it's always in line with what my phone says via my data usage.
Re: Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? by dmcdad: 3:24pm On Apr 05, 2016
asuustrike2009:
That's not totally true as some of us are charged normal
Exactly!
Re: Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? by dmcdad: 3:25pm On Apr 05, 2016
sk8er:

Well I wasn't charged normal. Infact I checked my data counter app in my android phone and it said I had used only two point something gig. But airtel sent me a text saying I had exhausted 4.5gb.
This thing has happened twice.
I thought this complain was for Glo. No?

1 Like

Re: Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? by Kizyte(m): 9:32pm On Apr 06, 2016
wkkwl:
I am tired sef i don't knw the plan to use again glo jst bleeped me up

3gb subed saturday no download nothing finished today
Eiya! NCC should do something fast!
Re: Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? by dukeo(m): 9:40pm On Apr 06, 2016
aalangel:
That is sooooo true. Called their Customer Care, as usual, those girls know nothing concerning technical issues. It's so annoying.

Excuse me sister, can I ask you, can you tell me if you wanna replace any of those girls?

1 Like

Re: Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? by aalangel(f): 9:50pm On Apr 06, 2016
dukeo:

Excuse me sister, can I ask you, can you tell me if you wanna replace any of those girls?

Nope. That's not my field. Why do you ask?
Re: Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? by dukeo(m): 5:17am On Apr 07, 2016
aalangel:

Nope. That's not my field. Why do you ask?

I was thinking that since you said they know nothing, you want to get there and do a better job

1 Like

Re: Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? by aalangel(f): 9:14am On Apr 07, 2016
dukeo:

I was thinking that since you said they know nothing, you want to get there and do a better job

If you come to my field, I'm yet to see a problem I've not solved. Why can't they do so?
Re: Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? by dukeo(m): 9:55am On Apr 07, 2016
aalangel:

If you come to my field, I'm yet to see a problem I've not solved. Why can't they do so?

I'm glad you know what you are doing. Not trying to argue sha but I don't think everyone working with glo studied information /communication
Re: Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? by aalangel(f): 10:36am On Apr 07, 2016
dukeo:

I'm glad you know what you are doing. Not trying to argue sha but I don't think everyone working with glo studied information /communication

Of course they didn't. Most of them are trained on the job. Come to think of it, don't you see zoologists working in the bank? With GLO, I think they should have a Technical Customer Care Line.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yahoo Messenger On My Mobile Phone / Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu / I Thought I Lost My Phone But This Man Returned It. (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.