Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

We've Been Visiting Nnamdi Kanu In Prison — UK Govt - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We've Been Visiting Nnamdi Kanu In Prison — UK Govt (37217 Views)

Original Pictures Of Nnamdi Kanu In Hotel Girls / "I Have Been Visiting Buhari In The Night" - Jonathan / Extradite Diezani Alison-madueke: SERAP To UK Govt. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We've Been Visiting Nnamdi Kanu In Prison — UK Govt by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 03, 2016
[size=13pt]Kanu is working for the UK secret service.

clearly there is a debate about whether he is a security threat.
Mr President has wisely decided to lock the slowpoke up whilst the debate continues.

[/size]
daylife7:

threat to ur security indeed....
Re: We've Been Visiting Nnamdi Kanu In Prison — UK Govt by pyxon(m): 8:39am On Apr 03, 2016
superstar1:

It would have been nicer if you wrote this the day fulani herdsmen looted your land in Enugu and still got your indigenes arrested and you still had to bail yourselves out with money on your own soil.

There is nothing that beats that than what is called "chest beating", that some family of King Kongs are known for.

fear fear. That's why your high and mighty lord Tinubu could not tell Buhari directly that the fuel scarcity faced by the country is a symbolic shame, instead he directed this anger to an innocent Kachikwu.

2 Likes

Re: We've Been Visiting Nnamdi Kanu In Prison — UK Govt by superstar1(m): 8:44am On Apr 03, 2016
Kingspin:
I thought the man and his fellowers are not important, why so much talk about them? Them trying to leave Nigeria dey pain u pass? Nawoh.

Masters don't just release their conquered slaves like that.

No one is pained.
Re: We've Been Visiting Nnamdi Kanu In Prison — UK Govt by SailorXY: 8:44am On Apr 03, 2016
nextstep:

Those potentials are severely limited if Biafra is honest with itself and really keeps to the core Igbo states and not involve Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa, Cross River, or Akwa ibom.

Though filled with very resourceful and hardworking people, the real Biafra (Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo) is a tiny, densely populated, landlocked area with little oil. Look deeply in your heart and you will see this is true. It will still need to learn to play nicely with the remainder of Nigeria in order to access those resources it aims to control. It will need to negotiate for access to the seas, to the lower parts of the Niger, to access gas for its industries, to get the iron, silica, and other ores not found within its borders. It will have to cede all its industries (or pay heavily to retain control of them) that are presently outside its borders, and be prepared to pay tariffs for exporting goods to other parts of Nigeria. It should leave other peoples who dot want to join it alone.

It seems a lot easier to just learn to play good politics with everybody else, rather than just picking up your ball and breaking away, while bullying others to join you because you know you can't do it alone.
I find it funny when people like you speak on behalf of a location comprising people of different ethnicity. The coined political South South in today's Nigeria is nothing, divide & rule doesn't fool anybody anymore.

How many states have you been to in Nigeria sef? I have served or stayed in 28 states of Nigeria & I can boldly tell you that "One Nigeria" is the biggest scam known to man!
As much as I know you are an impostor claiming crap you not as if it will add £££ to your bank account, let me clear your doubt - the set up of the country is for family & friends. You can take this to the bank.

Please who are you to speak for a whole 'political' region?

4 Likes

Re: We've Been Visiting Nnamdi Kanu In Prison — UK Govt by superstar1(m): 8:46am On Apr 03, 2016
pyxon:

fear fear. That's why your high and mighty lord Tinubu could not tell Buhari directly that the fuel scarcity faced by the country is a symbolic shame, instead he directed this anger to an innocent Kachikwu.

At least someone spoke on the crisis from our side, tell us one person that has dared to speak from the land of chest beaters.

They always come to the party very late, when the party is almost over.

1 Like

Re: We've Been Visiting Nnamdi Kanu In Prison — UK Govt by christinie(f): 8:48am On Apr 03, 2016
I BET 'E' WILL. LOL.

otiigba1:
grin grin grin grin brilliant sarcsm! My tooth and tongue almost fell out trying to read this your comedic sketch? He sure will definitely HEND up HIN OSPITUL.
Re: We've Been Visiting Nnamdi Kanu In Prison — UK Govt by superstar1(m): 8:48am On Apr 03, 2016
garriboy:

That you got 40 likes for such a statement full of sentiments is a clear indication of our hopelessness in this country (and yea, I know you are already assuming I'm Ibo)

Andf for the 40 of you please tell me JUST ONE thing you are gaining individually from this United Nigeria and also ONLY ONE thing you will loose if the country divides. Just something to show your reason for hating Kanu.

For your "saddest" information, the like has increased to over 130.

Do me a favour of hugging a wet 5,000KVA transformer and turn to Lot's wife.

3 Likes

Re: We've Been Visiting Nnamdi Kanu In Prison — UK Govt by nextstep(m): 8:54am On Apr 03, 2016
SailorXY:

I find it funny when people like you speak on behalf of a location comprising people of different ethnicity. The coined political South South in today's Nigeria is nothing, divide & rule doesn't fool anybody anymore.

How many states have you been to in Nigeria sef? I have served or stayed in 28 states of Nigeria & I can boldly tell you that "One Nigeria" is the biggest scam known to man!
As much as I know you are an impostor claiming crap you not as if it will add £££ to your bank account, let me clear your doubt - the set up of the country is for family & friends. You can take this to the bank.

I have as much ability to speak for a whole region, as core Igbo people have to speak for all of SS assuming that we will join the fight on their behalf. If you think I have no such right, then my Igbo brothers must also withdraw their assertion that SS is part of Biafra. I love my Igbo brothers and sisters, and I deeply admire their drive, industriousness, business acumen, etc., but I fear they don't see us as equals, and the quick jibes and reminders that I'm not "core Igbo", don't help matters. There's an arrogance from the three major groups in Nigeria that we minorities have to put up with, but (yes, I'm speaking for all minorities), we stand a better chance for fairness in Nigeria than we do in Biafra.

From what I've observed from listening with my ears to the ground, the setup of Biafra would also be for family & friends, as long as you're from Anambra, Abia, Ebonyi, Imo, or Enugu. For the rest of us, tough. Am I wrong?

I frankly don't believe that we should break up the country and become fragmented, each less able to assert ourselves on the world stage, and each less able to fend of Western (and increasingly Asian) imperialism. The better solution would be to educate our Northern brethren and relieve them from the poverty that makes them such easy puppets in the hands of their elite.

It would be also good for Igbo industrialists and politicians to pool together, unite, and get better representation at the Federal level, so this talk of marginalization will stop. Whose fault is it that Igbos decided to focus on education and industry to the abandonment of military and political power? Why blame the holder of yam and knife when you don't make serious effort to hold the yam or the knife?

NB: focusing on education and industry is good, but as you can see, should also be accompanied with focus on military and political power.
Re: We've Been Visiting Nnamdi Kanu In Prison — UK Govt by otiigba1(m): 8:56am On Apr 03, 2016
christinie:
I BE 'E' WILL. LOL.

aaa! I see like this? E will surely HEND HUP HIN OSPITUL grin grin grin *falls off tomato tree*

1 Like

Re: We've Been Visiting Nnamdi Kanu In Prison — UK Govt by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 03, 2016
And so??

2 Likes

Re: We've Been Visiting Nnamdi Kanu In Prison — UK Govt by Nina4u(f): 9:05am On Apr 03, 2016
U guys bla bla bla to much fact is he was stupid going to naija after all hate speach on satterlite nothing UK can do since he's rubble citizen u got to know u rights why he b so stupid going back if he denounce naija citizenship he b good our of prisen and in UK by now he choose not to I feel bad for the man ..they go kill him watch
Re: We've Been Visiting Nnamdi Kanu In Prison — UK Govt by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 03, 2016
GenBuhari:
[size=13pt]Kanu is working for the UK secret service.

Mr President has wisely decided to lock the slowpoke up whilst the debate continues.

[/size]
He is exercising his fundamental human right;
freedom of speech,
freedom of lawful association
the same way u re exercising urs in NL
so security threat here is ambiguous
The security threat here is Buhari ...
Re: We've Been Visiting Nnamdi Kanu In Prison — UK Govt by nextstep(m): 9:13am On Apr 03, 2016
SailorXY:

The thing is, if you go to China, Great Britain, India, Indonesia, Brazil, Malaysia, and many others, you will find a multitude of smaller nations and tribes, choosing to live together in 1 country. "One Nigeria" is not a scam, but an optimistic and existing desire for "One nation bound in freedom, peace, and unity".

There are a multitude of Nationalist movements around the world, Texas from USA, Scotland from UK, Catalonia from Spain, to name a few, that do realize there is greater strength and prosperity in remaining united. I hope we too will realize that. Those that decided to split anyway: Eritrea from Ethiopia, South Sudan from Sudan, Bosnia and Herzegovina from Yugoslavia, East Timor from Indonesia are still finding their feet.

1 Like

Re: We've Been Visiting Nnamdi Kanu In Prison — UK Govt by pyxxon: 9:27am On Apr 03, 2016
superstar1:

At least someone spoke on the crisis from our side, tell us one person that has dared to speak from the land of chest beaters.

They always come to the party very late, when the party is almost over.

The only time a Yotuba figure speaks out publicly or comes out as a people's advocate / philanthropist is when he has a hidden political agenda.

Just like because Fayose is aiming vp candidacy under PDP, he is speaking out against Buhari. Therefore going against the tide of the yotuba choice.
Re: We've Been Visiting Nnamdi Kanu In Prison — UK Govt by EZENDDIGBO(m): 9:50am On Apr 03, 2016
afroxyz:
If that IPOD gangster is claiming British citizenship, then why is he agitating for a self emancipation from Nigeria? Is this not a paradox?
there s sth they called dual citizenship in government studies/subject.

Take note cheesy
Re: We've Been Visiting Nnamdi Kanu In Prison — UK Govt by scoleman: 10:11am On Apr 03, 2016
Mr man, oyigbo the biggest oil producing LGA is Igboland so what are you saying?

The picture below is the full length and breadth of Igboland. And yes we have direct access to the sea

nextstep:

I'm just pointing out that the motives for Biafra claiming those places are purely for its self interest, and there is nothing wrong with that. Every country and its peoples must pursue foremost their own self interest.

I acknowledge the hard work and resourcefulness of my Igbo brothers; and in fact am jealous of it. I understand that industry is the key to prosperity. However, to exclude natural resources from any national plan does not make sense, and since this is what any sane country would do, I include it in my list of motives for including non-"core Igbo" in the Biafra struggle.

Every part of the world has certain amounts of deposits of different resources. It makes sense that there are oil deposits in Imo and Anambra (given proximity to existing oilfield further south), but perhaps not as readily available, or as cheap, or as plentiful as other parts of the country. Besides, the rigs in the delta are already there, whereas it would take years for the ones you speak about to be fully operational. I also mentioned access to sea and arable land.

These are tactical things I would keep in mind if I was planning a new country.

Control of natural resources (oil, minerals, ores, water, etc) has been at the heart of most wars and agitations for independence, and there is nothing unique here (vis-a-vis America, Canada, China, Russia, France, etc) that can convince me that the oilfields in the Niger Delta are not a major component of Biafra's plans

Re: We've Been Visiting Nnamdi Kanu In Prison — UK Govt by frleopardo: 10:16am On Apr 03, 2016
nextstep:

Those potentials are severely limited if Biafra is honest with itself and really keeps to the core Igbo states and not involve Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa, Cross River, or Akwa ibom.

Though filled with very resourceful and hardworking people, the real Biafra (Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo) is a tiny, densely populated, landlocked area with little oil. Look deeply in your heart and you will see this is true. It will still need to learn to play nicely with the remainder of Nigeria in order to access those resources it aims to control. It will need to negotiate for access to the seas, to the lower parts of the Niger, to access gas for its industries, to get the iron, silica, and other ores not found within its borders. It will have to cede all its industries (or pay heavily to retain control of them) that are presently outside its borders, and be prepared to pay tariffs for exporting goods to other parts of Nigeria. It should leave other peoples who dot want to join it alone.

It seems a lot easier to just learn to play good politics with everybody else, rather than just picking up your ball and breaking away, while bullying others to join you because you know you can't do it alone.
those states will be allowed to speak for themselves through a referendum cos I'm sure they don't want to be a part of nigeria anymore. If they want to form a niger delta republic its up to them. Don't speak for dem.

1 Like

Re: We've Been Visiting Nnamdi Kanu In Prison — UK Govt by scoleman: 10:25am On Apr 03, 2016
Wrong!!!

Igboland is 41,440 km2

nextstep:

I wholeheartedly agree that human resource (talent) is most important to a people's prosperity. I have mentioned my admiration for that quality in my Igbo brethren, and it explains how developed countries got to that stage. No argument there.

With the exception of Japan, which is notable for not having much natural resources, all the other countries in your list have oil. They may not be major exporting, or may not even be actively exploiting it today, but do in fact have some oil. In fact, it was the availability of oil near Aberdeen, Scotland, that laid the foundation for modern refinery. Don't forget that ships, planes, rockets and cars were running on petroleum long before its discovery in Africa and the Middle East. And that gas lamps were lighting up the streets of Europe, Asia, and America long before (late 1800s) the first flare in the Niger Delta.

Landmass is not as important as access to the sea, and most Western European countries have access to the sea. It's so important that not a few wars were fought in Europe over the past few centuries. Nonetheless the landmasses of various countries (via google, in square miles):

France - 248,573
Spain - 194,845
Japan - 145,925
Germany - 137,903
Italy - 116,347
Great Britain - 88,745
Biafra (including SS) - 29,848
Biafra (core Igbo) - 16,000 estimated

So Great Britain is about 5.5 times the size the core-Igbo Biafra I speak about, which is also landlocked. It is my contention that access to sea for trade and diplomacy, land mass for farming, and a larger pool of natural resources are factors that influence the desire for Biafra to include the SS

I will add Israel for comparison: 8,020 square miles, with few natural resources. Note that it has access to the sea, extremely volatile relations with neighbors, was actually carved out of existing countries, and would not survive without ongoing financial, military and diplomatic support from USA and UK.

My understanding is actually the inverse: most SS people have wised up and are not in support of it, but there are vocal pockets that seem to think they would be better of in Biafra than in Nigeria, but I truly believe will be sorely disappointed. Your assumption of our automatic support, I must say, also rubs us the wrong way.

We should continue the civil discource, and I firmly believe that I am right, with as much conviction as you believe you are right.

Re: We've Been Visiting Nnamdi Kanu In Prison — UK Govt by Shymm3x: 10:28am On Apr 03, 2016
Loool.

I honestly don't think Kanu and his solicitors understand the implications of what they're doing by getting the foreign office involved. He's being charged for treason (an enemy of the state), which in larger context can also be termed as terrorism. Not just a minor crime. Under the British Terrorism Act, any naturalised British citizen involved in terrorism can have his citizenship revoked - assassination is also an option if the government deems the person a threat. And anyone who's a British citizen by birth can be assassinated for the same reason cos revoking the citizenship of such an individual would make the person stateless.

This guy is funny - David Cameron is in-charge, not Jeremy Corbyn. And Dave boy doesn't care about anyone unless you're serving British interests. Kanu will end up getting whatever citizenship he has revoked and barred from the UK.

Or can anyone tell me how he's serving British interest with Biafra and hate speeches?
Re: We've Been Visiting Nnamdi Kanu In Prison — UK Govt by experimentist: 10:48am On Apr 03, 2016
Nnamdi Kanu you go chop beans tire, no bread freedom for you!

2 Likes

Re: We've Been Visiting Nnamdi Kanu In Prison — UK Govt by Armaggedon: 10:54am On Apr 03, 2016
menxer:
Very ironic.

Seeking to be protected by Britain (the mother) from Nigeria (her child).

They want Freedom from Nigeria but not from Britain. Very thoughtful.
he is a british citizen. Read before u comment

1 Like

Re: We've Been Visiting Nnamdi Kanu In Prison — UK Govt by mandax: 10:54am On Apr 03, 2016
superstar1:
1. Where is the copy of the email? What kind of lazy journalism is this?

2. The British High Commission has been visiting him and yet Kanu's lawyer still wrote on behalf of his client, pleading to be visited and not to be abandoned? The UK has abandoned the mofo to his fate.

3. Someone should tell that loud mouthed Dilector aka The Lunatic Bleaching Yellow Pawpaw that the combo of UK, US and EU cannot save him. He is a genocide inciting f00l, violence inspiring criminal, an enemy of the state and a wanna-be rebel and warlord.

By the time Nigeria is through with him, when next he is coming to the world and he sees letter N starting the name of the country he wants to be sent to, he will not wait to listen to the remaining letters before opting not to come again.

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool 8 cool cool cool cool

You and your likes: Continue to live in denial.
The most rich countries in the world today have no crude oil; some of thew countries are even landlocked - eg Switzerland.

Make una continue to fight for FAILED One Nigeria because you are most diffident, you don't believe that some parts of Nigeria can survive without crude oil proceeds. I laugh in Malay again. Next in Chinese.

Nnamdi Kanu is not your enemy, he only told you the truth: the truth is that One Nigeria has failed the millions of people it was crafted to uplift their humanity. So it is time to try other countries from Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: We've Been Visiting Nnamdi Kanu In Prison — UK Govt by scoleman: 10:56am On Apr 03, 2016
To those saying Nnamdi is in trouble, bla bla bla. FYI the Easterners are in full support, and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

I wonder why the yorubas are very vocal against biafra, every time there is news about Biafra, they end up with HBP, are you all saying that you can't live without the igbos? Or are you saying that the oduduwa can't survive as a country on its own?

The north are getting ready for the inevitable, I pity yorubas, u guys will be caught sleeping

Already the world have taken notice and one thing y'all should know is freedom is never gotten easily, with time the sun shall rise in the East.

2 Likes

Re: We've Been Visiting Nnamdi Kanu In Prison — UK Govt by mart2k(m): 11:08am On Apr 03, 2016
osebe:
The same attitude of being a vindictive ethnic jingoist Buhari exhibited in the 80's is what is playing out now.How can the president of a country scorn court orders with so much impunity? Leaders ought to lead by examples.He should take a cue from Jacob Zuma, the president of South Africa . It's a shame Buhari has come to take Nigeria backward.
Deal with it bro

1 Like

Re: We've Been Visiting Nnamdi Kanu In Prison — UK Govt by Shymm3x: 11:10am On Apr 03, 2016
GenBuhari:
Kanu is working for the UK secret service.

WTF?

Stop it, Kanu isn't working for the UK secret service and you can deduce that easily from his methods. Heck, the guy is a scrounger and I'm sure the UK would be glad to get rid of him.

The UK's approach to renegades working for British interest is different and more time, they use folks with proper networking and who're super-rich - not just any bum screaming on pirate radio and YouTube.

Kanu is like the rabid version of Alex Jones...no one cares about unstable folks like that.

2 Likes

Re: We've Been Visiting Nnamdi Kanu In Prison — UK Govt by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 03, 2016
Is it also his human right to incite people to kill each other?

His human right is too dangerous foe everyone else hence he must remain locked up until his brain resets.
daylife7:

He is exercising his fundamental human right;
freedom of speech,
freedom of lawful association
the same way u re exercising urs in NL
so security threat here is ambiguous
The security threat here is Buhari ...
Re: We've Been Visiting Nnamdi Kanu In Prison — UK Govt by mart2k(m): 11:17am On Apr 03, 2016
emmy4life02:

we will nt give up bro. I like d spirit
How u no go like d spirit when uar not d one in d prison. Go n replace him n c how easy e b.

1 Like

Re: We've Been Visiting Nnamdi Kanu In Prison — UK Govt by destinystanley: 11:23am On Apr 03, 2016
superstar1:
1. Where is the copy of the email? What kind of lazy journalism is this?

2. The British High Commission has been visiting him and yet Kanu's lawyer still wrote on behalf of his client, pleading to be visited and not to be abandoned? The UK has abandoned the mofo to his fate.

3. Someone should tell that loud mouthed Dilector aka The Lunatic Bleaching Yellow Pawpaw that the combo of UK, US and EU cannot save him. He is a genocide inciting f00l, violence inspiring criminal, an enemy of the state and a wanna-be rebel and warlord.

By the time Nigeria is through with him, when next he is coming to the world and he sees letter N starting the name of the country he wants to be sent to, he will not wait to listen to the remaining letters before opting not to come again.
u ar jst an idiot fool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case / Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate / Bayelsa Poll: Buhari Shuns Sylva

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.