Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,406 members, 7,808,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

Please Don’t Send Looters To Jail – PDP Official Begs Buhari The Publicity Sec - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please Don’t Send Looters To Jail – PDP Official Begs Buhari The Publicity Sec (1001 Views)

Kola Ologbodiyan, The Publicity Secretary Of PDP Fires First Shot / Egbesu : Return My Symbol Of Authority, Tompolo Begs Buhari / Pdp About To Go Down If Adeyanju Deji Should Win Deputy Publicity Sec. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Don’t Send Looters To Jail – PDP Official Begs Buhari The Publicity Sec by kkjj(m): 3:29pm On Apr 03, 2016
Please Don’t Send Looters to Jail – PDP Official Begs Buhari

The Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP in Bauchi state, Alhaji Bashir Rimi-Zaya has advised President Muhammadu Buhari against sending those accused of looting the public treasury to jail, stressing that they should be allowed to continue living with the terrible shame they brought upon themselves.

Making this call on Saturday during an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Bauchi, the state capital, he however requested that all public funds stolen by corrupt officials should be recovered from them.

Rimi-Zaya expressed support to the President on the fight against corruption and efforts at recovering stolen funds, saying “retrieve the loots from the looters but don’t prosecute or send them to jail.

“Anyone who has stolen public fund, even if it is me, should return the exact amount to the public treasury.

“But, I am begging Buhari to set the looters free and allow them to continue to live in terrible shame they have brought to themselves.”

The PDP chieftain further expressed satisfaction with the judiciary in the handling of corruption cases but cautioned that the government should be discerning in some of the matters.

1 Like

Re: Please Don’t Send Looters To Jail – PDP Official Begs Buhari The Publicity Sec by LouisVanGaal(m): 3:50pm On Apr 03, 2016
Lmfao!!!!Op, put source abeg!! Make I laff belle full
This is similar to the rubbish GEJ said last 2 years, proposing a HALL of SHAME for looters...
PDP and their un-clad solidarity towards corruption is like fufu and egusi soup..

1 Like

Re: Please Don’t Send Looters To Jail – PDP Official Begs Buhari The Publicity Sec by Fumbaby: 3:55pm On Apr 03, 2016
Source?
Re: Please Don’t Send Looters To Jail – PDP Official Begs Buhari The Publicity Sec by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 03, 2016
The Publicity Secretary of Peoples’ Democratic Party, Bauchi state chapter, Alhaji Bashir Rimi-Zaya, has commended President Muhammadu Buhari for measures taken to curb insurgency in the country.

Rimi-Zayam made the commendation on Saturday in Bauchi while speaking with the News Agency of Nigeria.

He said that he was impressed with the measures taken by Buhari towards curbing terrorism in the North-East, and in combating other vices, including corruption, in the country.

He said that though it was too early to assess the achievements of the All Progressive Congress in its nine months in government, “one has to praise Buhari for his bold and giant strides”.

Expressing support to the president on the fight against corruption and efforts at recovering stolen funds, he said “retrieve the loots from the looters but don’t prosecute or send them to jail’’.

“Anyone who has stolen public fund, even if it is me, should return the exact amount to the public treasury.

“But, I am begging Buhari to set the looters free and allow them to continue to live in terrible shame they have brought to themselves,” he said.

The PDP chieftain expressed satisfaction with the judiciary in the handling of corruption cases but cautioned that the government should be discerning in some of the matters.

“We all know that there are good judges and good lawyers, and there are bad judges and lawyers, therefore, Buhari should ensure that corrupt cases are sent to credible judges and lawyers,” he said.
http://www.punchng.com/pdp-chief-commends-buhari-over-security-measures/
Re: Please Don’t Send Looters To Jail – PDP Official Begs Buhari The Publicity Sec by kuuljay(m): 4:08pm On Apr 03, 2016
Let me see how Wailers agree to this grin grin grin[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Please Don’t Send Looters To Jail – PDP Official Begs Buhari The Publicity Sec by Pidggin(f): 4:08pm On Apr 03, 2016
If anyone is guilty send them to jail regardless of party, but if the fight against corruption is one sided, where is the Justice in that.
Re: Please Don’t Send Looters To Jail – PDP Official Begs Buhari The Publicity Sec by Sunofgod(m): 4:08pm On Apr 03, 2016
Reasonable.....but I would say they repay what they stole +50% an then go free.....

We need every kobo right now - Nigeria is bankrupt,
Re: Please Don’t Send Looters To Jail – PDP Official Begs Buhari The Publicity Sec by Nobody: 4:19pm On Apr 03, 2016
Re: Please Don’t Send Looters To Jail – PDP Official Begs Buhari The Publicity Sec by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 03, 2016
LouisVanGaal:
Lmfao!!!!Op, put source abeg!! Make I laff belle full
This is similar to the rubbish GEJ said last 2 years, proposing a HALL of SHAME for looters...
PDP and their un-clad solidarity towards corruption is like fufu and egusi soup..
http://www.punchng.com/pdp-chief-commends-buhari-over-security-measures/

1 Like

Re: Please Don’t Send Looters To Jail – PDP Official Begs Buhari The Publicity Sec by hmuhammad(m): 4:30pm On Apr 03, 2016
Papa Deceive Pikin (PDP)
Na this Yeye party wan present Sherrif/Fayose 2019? They won't get a million votes in North. PMB still remains till 2023

1 Like

Re: Please Don’t Send Looters To Jail – PDP Official Begs Buhari The Publicity Sec by OlujobaSamuel: 4:35pm On Apr 03, 2016
so dem go regroup in few years time, abeg send dem go jail jare, na only poor man dem do jail for?
Re: Please Don’t Send Looters To Jail – PDP Official Begs Buhari The Publicity Sec by tuniski: 5:01pm On Apr 03, 2016
Pidggin:
If anyone is guilty send them to jail regardless of party, but if the fight against corruption is one sided, where is the Justice in that.
If it is buhari's fight it is witch hunt but, where it is our national fight and systemic/legal I concur.

1 Like

Re: Please Don’t Send Looters To Jail – PDP Official Begs Buhari The Publicity Sec by Sunky200: 5:38pm On Apr 03, 2016
the consequences of one action regarding corruption is jail, there's no personal attachment.

PMB is not the law
Re: Please Don’t Send Looters To Jail – PDP Official Begs Buhari The Publicity Sec by coldsummer: 5:39pm On Apr 03, 2016
Like they know what shame means
Re: Please Don’t Send Looters To Jail – PDP Official Begs Buhari The Publicity Sec by slimfit1(m): 5:52pm On Apr 03, 2016
What kind of message are you sending we might as well free everyone in jail .
Re: Please Don’t Send Looters To Jail – PDP Official Begs Buhari The Publicity Sec by VocalWalls: 7:05pm On Apr 03, 2016
Lies

(1) (Reply)

Herdsmen Kill Cleric, Others In Rivers / Read & Know Some Facts: Hard Times Under Buhari Not A Surprise / Alamco's Burial : Ijaws Rejects Nigerian Flag, Use The Ijaw Flag For Funeral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.