Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) (61197 Views)

Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced / OOU Produces 43 First Class Graduates, 41 Phd Holders / Anyi Obi, One Of The Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Sijo01(f): 10:49am On Apr 04, 2016
Young scholars

1 Like

Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by gistmeloveblog: 10:49am On Apr 04, 2016
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 04, 2016
hungryboy:
Who dia Phd help?,

Jealous much?

2 Likes

Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by emmykk(m): 10:50am On Apr 04, 2016
Bambless1:
Leaders Of Tomorrow
pls don't make such bogus statement again.

when your president and cabinet minister are granny

3 Likes

Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by chiefolododo(m): 10:51am On Apr 04, 2016
4of them are yorubas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by DIVINE78: 10:51am On Apr 04, 2016
ETHIX:
My children will also attain this in Jesus name. Amen
Amen. And mine too.
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by doskie(m): 10:53am On Apr 04, 2016
4 out of 6 are yorubaz. efiko. omo iwe.

2 Likes

Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by sukkot: 10:53am On Apr 04, 2016
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 04, 2016
bigsmoke2:
Dr. Nkemehule Karl Omebere-Iyari, 22 how is this possible if he did waec at 16 yrs
shey na 1 year him use do phd

Let'ssee...

If he got WAEC at 16...and entered a UK university at the same age....he could have graduated at 19...and then started a PhD at 20 and gone on to get it at 22.

(In some foreign universities....students who do exceptionally well can go straight to PhD after BSc.).

1 Like

Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by yusufbida(m): 10:55am On Apr 04, 2016
obiremy:
Here is a list of the youngest PhD holders in Nigeria. The oldest is just 26.

1. Dr. Olabisi Adeyemi, 26

This young intellectual earned her PhD in Botany from the University of Lagos. Though she had maintained a track record of academic success right from her secondary school, she acknowledged that having a PhD at her age, and the record of being the best graduating PhD student, did not come easy.

Born in Lagos Island local government of Lagos state, Dr. Adeyemi attended Girls’ Academy, Lagos Island where she was the best student in WAEC, with seven distinctions. She proceeded to University of Lagos and graduated with a first class degree in botany in 2006. She completed her PhD in record time in 2012.

2. Dr. Opeyemi Shodipe, 25

This young Nigerian scholar received her bachelor’s degree at 19 from Babcock University. After the mandatory NYSC programme, she entered for a masters at University of Ibadan, graduating best in her department.

She capped it with a well-deserved doctorate degree in information science from her alma mater, Babcock University when she was 25.

3. Dr. Salihu Dasuki Nakande, 25

Born in October 1987, he is one of Nigeria’s youngest PhD holders, and arguably the youngest in northern Nigeria. He graduated with a first class degree in information technology from Eastern Mediterranean University (EMU), North Cyprus at 21.

Dr. Salihu completed his Master’s degree at Brunel University, UK. He capped it with a PhD from the same university in 2012.

4. Dr. Olaoluwa Hallowed Oluwadara, 24

Acclaimed as one of Africa’s youngest PhD holders, Olaoluwa is a spectacular Nigerian intellectual and scholar, because of his achievements. He entered university for a bachelor’s degree at 15. He earned two B.Sc degrees in mathematics and physics, from University of Bangui, Central African Republic (CAR), run simultaneously. He received his master’s degree from the same university.

He crowned it with a PhD in mathematics at the University of Lagos, Akoka, where he was the best graduating PhD student. Dr. Olaoluwa H. Oluwadara won University of Bangui’s all-time best student award from the department of mathematics, best BSc student award in physics, 2007 and best MSc awards in physics and mathematics respectively in 2008. He currently is a research fellow of the Mathematical Analysis and Optimisation Research Group.

5. Dr. Nkemehule Karl Omebere-Iyari, 22

Dr. Omebere-Iyari, received his PhD in chemical engineering from University of Nottingham, UK, in 2006, then aged 22. This amazing Nigerian, an old student of Kings College, Lagos had 8 As in his WAEC result at age 16.

He was the best graduating student in chemical engineering that year. With a university scholarship, Omebere-Iyari wasted no time, and pursued his PhD. He received a EU grant of €17,000 every year, and finished his doctorate in the record time of three years, specializing in multi-phase flow. Omebere-Iyari has distinguished himself as an exceptionally gifted Nigerian.

Since graduation, he has worked with many multinational corporations such as Shell, Halliburton, etc. He earned an MBA with distinction from INSEAD/Wharton, and is a member of many professional groups.

6. Dr. Romola Adeola, 26

26 year-old, Romola Adeola recently made headlines when she set a record in being the youngest person to obtain a Doctor of Laws degree (LLD) in the 30-year history of the Centre for Human Rights at the University of Pretoria.

She is also the second youngest person to achieve this in the Faculty of Law, University of Pretoria since its establishment 107 years ago.

She distinguished herself by completing the LLD in under 3 years. This record is in keeping with a pattern of excellence which Romola has maintained since her undergraduate years at Lagos State University (LASU) where she was awarded the Taslim Olawale Elias Prize for the Best Student in International Law.

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/04/photos-meet-6-youngest-phd-holders-in.html

Rubbish

Is PhD a criteria to enter paradise.

1 Like

Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Temidayo9(m): 10:56am On Apr 04, 2016
Just list what they have invented

1 Like

Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by MadCow1: 10:56am On Apr 04, 2016
obiremy:
Here is a list of the youngest PhD holders in Nigeria. The oldest is just 26.

This young intellectual earned her PhD in Botany from the University of Lagos. Though she had maintained a track record of academic success right from her secondary school, she acknowledged that having a PhD at her age, and the record of being the best graduating PhD student, did not come easy.

Born in Lagos Island local government of Lagos state, Dr. Adeyemi attended Girls’ Academy, Lagos Island where she was the best student in WAEC, with seven distinctions. She proceeded to University of Lagos and graduated with a first class degree in botany in 2006. She completed her PhD in record time in 2012.

2. Dr. Opeyemi Shodipe, 25

This young Nigerian scholar received her bachelor’s degree at 19 from Babcock University. After the mandatory NYSC programme, she entered for a masters at University of Ibadan, graduating best in her department.

She capped it with a well-deserved doctorate degree in information science from her alma mater, Babcock University when she was 25.

3. Dr. Salihu Dasuki Nakande, 25

Born in October 1987, he is one of Nigeria’s youngest PhD holders, and arguably the youngest in northern Nigeria. He graduated with a first class degree in information technology from Eastern Mediterranean University (EMU), North Cyprus at 21.

Dr. Salihu completed his Master’s degree at Brunel University, UK. He capped it with a PhD from the same university in 2012.

4. Dr. Olaoluwa Hallowed Oluwadara, 24

Acclaimed as one of Africa’s youngest PhD holders, Olaoluwa is a spectacular Nigerian intellectual and scholar, because of his achievements. He entered university for a bachelor’s degree at 15. He earned two B.Sc degrees in mathematics and physics, from University of Bangui, Central African Republic (CAR), run simultaneously. He received his master’s degree from the same university.

He crowned it with a PhD in mathematics at the University of Lagos, Akoka, where he was the best graduating PhD student. Dr. Olaoluwa H. Oluwadara won University of Bangui’s all-time best student award from the department of mathematics, best BSc student award in physics, 2007 and best MSc awards in physics and mathematics respectively in 2008. He currently is a research fellow of the Mathematical Analysis and Optimisation Research Group.

5. Dr. Nkemehule Karl Omebere-Iyari, 22

Dr. Omebere-Iyari, received his PhD in chemical engineering from University of Nottingham, UK, in 2006, then aged 22. This amazing Nigerian, an old student of Kings College, Lagos had 8 As in his WAEC result at age 16.

He was the best graduating student in chemical engineering that year. With a university scholarship, Omebere-Iyari wasted no time, and pursued his PhD. He received a EU grant of €17,000 every year, and finished his doctorate in the record time of three years, specializing in multi-phase flow. Omebere-Iyari has distinguished himself as an exceptionally gifted Nigerian.

Since graduation, he has worked with many multinational corporations such as Shell, Halliburton, etc. He earned an MBA with distinction from INSEAD/Wharton, and is a member of many professional groups.

6. Dr. Romola Adeola, 26

26 year-old, Romola Adeola recently made headlines when she set a record in being the youngest person to obtain a Doctor of Laws degree (LLD) in the 30-year history of the Centre for Human Rights at the University of Pretoria.

She is also the second youngest person to achieve this in the Faculty of Law, University of Pretoria since its establishment 107 years ago.

She distinguished herself by completing the LLD in under 3 years. This record is in keeping with a pattern of excellence which Romola has maintained since her undergraduate years at Lagos State University (LASU) where she was awarded the Taslim Olawale Elias Prize for the Best Student in International Law.

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/04/photos-meet-6-youngest-phd-holders-in.html

I can see UNILAG, I can see BABCOCK..

But I know that UNIBEN will never make this type of list.. grin

The only thread that UNIBEN has competed and won is the thread about [i]Nigerian University with the highest Yahoo Yahoo Students.. grin

2 Likes

Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 04, 2016
datola:
I think pastor Adeboye revived his PhD at early age too in those days.

Kudos to them!

It is not revived but received
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 04, 2016

My baby boo, I chased this girl in school ehn! Mehhnn she was all books while I was hanging in ozolua getting high..lol

I always admire this splendid woman, I for marry am o, but she was too much of an efico for me

Good ol days in kiriji HT

2 Likes

Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Ebube914(m): 10:58am On Apr 04, 2016
Na small challenge na cool cool cool
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by papabaks(m): 10:59am On Apr 04, 2016
I will never give up, i will definitely have Phd written at the end of my name, no matter how long

3 Likes

Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Vanpascore(m): 10:59am On Apr 04, 2016
Proud of yu all. See o, they are all called Nigerian bt some idiots will come arnd and be shouting Biafra.

Mention me and get fired

1 Like

Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Godfullsam(m): 11:01am On Apr 04, 2016
Yoruba ti take over back to back grin

1 Like

Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 04, 2016
Financial knowledge vs Scholastic knowledge!!!
Aliko dangote vs Phd holders!!!
Who is employing whom?

Food for thought....
Lesson: while we train our kids to acquire scholastic skills,we should also train them to gain financial knowledge!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Sayelabola(m): 11:03am On Apr 04, 2016
IamAtribalist:
cool Why ALWAYS the SAME TRIBE?! We other Nigerians must wake-up before its too late. A word is enough for the wise. cool

Other tribes are doing well too even to the envy of this 'SAME TRIBE".

You need to surf the net to get their list.
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by winningwinner(m): 11:03am On Apr 04, 2016
bigsmoke2:
Dr. Nkemehule Karl Omebere-Iyari, 22 how is this possible if he did waec at 16 yrs
shey na 1 year him use do phd

Some brilliant students are sometimes given that opportunity to proceed to phd without masters. Ask Wole Soyinka, he was also a beneficiary!

1 Like

Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Sayelabola(m): 11:05am On Apr 04, 2016
winningwinner:

Some brilliant students are sometimes given that opportunity to proceed to phd without masters. Ask Wole Soyinka, he was also a beneficiary!

Good one here.

Never knew this.

2 Likes

Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Shymm3x: 11:05am On Apr 04, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Let'ssee...

If he got WAEC at 16...and entered a UK university at the same age....he could have graduated at 19...and then started a PhD at 20 and gone on to get it at 22.

(In some foreign universities....students who do exceptionally well can go straight to PhD after BSc.).

It is impossible based on the age up there. 16 year olds aren't allowed to start degree courses in the UK without A-levels, Btech, or foundation degree.

Then 4 years in Uni to study Chemical Engineering and 3 years for Ph.D.

Someone lied. The guy was most likely 24 or older when he finished, based on the age he finished sec school. Still nice though.

2 Likes

Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by CurrentSamuel(m): 11:06am On Apr 04, 2016
LIES EVERY. WHEN YOU WANT LIE YOU CALM DOWN DO SOME FITTINGS.

AT 16 HE LEFT KINGS COLLEGE.
ENGINEERING 5 YEARS IN NIGERIA 4 YEARS IN IN WESTERN WORLD.
MATERS LETS JUST KEEP IT 1YEAR
DOCTORATE DEGREE 3YEARS
4+1+3=8
NOW ADDING 8YEARS IN HIGHER INSTITUTION TO 16YEARS IN HIGH SCHOOL WE HAVE 24 YET HE GOT HIS PHD AT 22
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by CurrentSamuel(m): 11:07am On Apr 04, 2016
LIES EVERYWHERE . WHEN YOU WANT LIE YOU CALM DOWN DO SOME FITTINGS.

AT 16 HE LEFT KINGS COLLEGE.
ENGINEERING 5 YEARS IN NIGERIA 4 YEARS IN IN WESTERN WORLD.
MATERS LETS JUST KEEP IT 1YEAR
DOCTORATE DEGREE 3YEARS
4+1+3=8
NOW ADDING 8YEARS IN HIGHER INSTITUTION TO 16YEARS IN HIGH SCHOOL WE HAVE 24 YET HE GOT HIS PHD AT 22
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 04, 2016
Shymm3x:

It is impossible based on the age up there. 16 year olds aren't allowed to start degree courses in the UK without A-levels, Btech, or foundation degree.

Then 4 years in Uni to study Chemical Engineering and 3 years for Ph.D.

Someone lied. The guy was most likely 24 or older when he finished, based on the age he finished sec school. Still nice though.

Exactly.
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Sayelabola(m): 11:09am On Apr 04, 2016
lestat:

My baby boo, I chased this girl in school ehn! Mehhnn she was all books while I was hanging in ozolua getting high..lol

I always admire this splendid woman, I for marry am o, but she was too much of an efico for me

Good ol days in kiriji HT

Well. She's broken an academic record, hope you too would set a record one day in your chosen endeavour?
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by VickyRotex(f): 11:10am On Apr 04, 2016
By God's Grace I'll attain this feet and more.
Oluwa bless my hustle.
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 04, 2016
sad sad

2 Likes

Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 04, 2016
Sayelabola:

Well. She's broken an academic record, hope you too would set a record one day in your chosen endeavour?

My dear we aren't all meant to break records, just to do our best at life and work so that our foot prints won't be washed from the shore long after we are gone

3 Likes

Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Boyooosa(m): 11:11am On Apr 04, 2016
My fifu = 4, others 2.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See The Big Snake Killed At Dramatic Art Department, OAU (pics) / Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) / UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.