Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

How To Walk On Heels Without Straining Your Feet - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Walk On Heels Without Straining Your Feet (1912 Views)

5 Tips For Picking The Right Shoes For Your Feet / Ladies,get In Here:how To Wear High Heels Without Killing Your Feet / Amazing Deals On Heels. Selling At A Promotional Price Of 3800naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Walk On Heels Without Straining Your Feet by africanistablog(f): 12:47am On Apr 04, 2016
Ever walked into a function and everyone is telling you how magnificent your shoes are and you smile through hidden agony and say “Thanks”.

Heeled shoes are a beauty but they can also be a pain, unless you learn how to work them.

Outings usually require them. So how can you enjoy a day of active fun in your favorite stilettos this season?

They enhance your hotness yet to wear them requires tolerance because frankly you have never ever worn heels that didn’t feel uncomfortable?

Here are tips to end the strain and begin the graceful walk in heels you always wished you could achieve:

1.Walk Heel To Toe not vice versa

Don’t walk on the balls of your feet or put your whole foot down at once as this gives an a sight of unsteadiness .When wearing a high shoe, put your heel down first, followed by your toe as this keeps the walk natural and balanced. You put your heel to the ground first, followed smoothly by your toes. Then, once your weight is on the balls of your feet, shift your weight forward as if you’re walking on your tip toes, and push forward for the next step.

2. Take Small Steps

Keep your strides moderate. Take small, slow steps, making sure not to bend your knees any more than you normally would. High heels already tend to shorten your stride a bit. The taller the heel, the shorter the stride ends up being. Don’t try to fight this by taking bigger steps—stick with small, dainty steps which will make your walk look more natural, graceful and keep you more comfortable in your own shoes.

3. Maintain a slight lean back posture when walking

Push out your frame and don’t slouch your torso when walking as this can cramp your upper back and even hurt your feet.

Walking well in heels is very dependent on maintaining good posture. If you’re slouching and shuffling as you walk, it kind of defeats the purpose of wearing high heels in the first place—the aim is to look comfortable and confident! To get the perfect posture:Put your shoulders back and down and keep your arms relaxed at your sides. Swing your arms slightly as you walk for balance. Bend your knees slightly, they should never be locked when walking in heels. Keep your legs close together as you walk and point your toes directly ahead.

4. Don’t rush your steps

Trying to walk quickly in heels can not only look awkward but end in disastrous trip or two. Between the smaller steps and the compromised balance, it’s best to take your time in heels. Besides, walking slowly gives off an air of confidence.

More tips here: http://theafricanista.com/2016/03/26/how-to-walk-smart-in-heels-without-straining-your-feet/

Re: How To Walk On Heels Without Straining Your Feet by Nobody: 1:13am On Apr 04, 2016
I love wearing heels...but it's really painful when I walk for a long time..

cry
Re: How To Walk On Heels Without Straining Your Feet by africanistablog(f): 2:03pm On Apr 06, 2016
KashyBaby:
I love wearing heels...but it's really painful when I walk for a long time..
cry

Note the directives I just wrote and visit the given link for more info. I used to be a disaster on heels too and they would be a pain after a while but since I learned these ways of wearing them, they have been a lot easier and I enjoy them better. Make sure you practice the tips I mentioned. Read, learn and thank me later!
Re: How To Walk On Heels Without Straining Your Feet by Nobody: 10:24pm On Apr 06, 2016
cheesy that awkward part
when you are taking
long strides and bending
your knees on ya high heels
grin grin wobble wobble walk

Useful tips, thanks op!
Re: How To Walk On Heels Without Straining Your Feet by tpiah01: 6:25pm On May 09, 2016
I admire heels but you have to know how to use them.

(1) (Reply)

Oriflame Cosmetics: Way To Go!!! / Start Your Own Fabric Business! / Pencil Mouth Trousers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.