Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

Okpoama, Bayelsa: You Need Community I.D Card Before You Stay - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Okpoama, Bayelsa: You Need Community I.D Card Before You Stay (28261 Views)

Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card / Do I Need National I.D Card Or Anything To Get My International Passport / 10 Tips To Help You Stay Safe When Boarding Okada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okpoama, Bayelsa: You Need Community I.D Card Before You Stay by LordofNaija: 9:47am On Apr 04, 2016
Pangea:
Wow!
Okpoama!
I did my youth service there many years ago!
How is Ebitimi Banigo house there?
Hope they have fixed their school?
So, silva is from that town?
Have they rebuilt the burnt town between Twon brass and Okpoama?
And I hope they have stopped the inter communal war with Twon Brass?
Will love to hear more about that place!
I served in Okpoma too. 2009/10 set. Timpre was governor then
Re: Okpoama, Bayelsa: You Need Community I.D Card Before You Stay by Misterdhee1(m): 9:50am On Apr 04, 2016
That would be one of the best Security moves ever in the Country
Re: Okpoama, Bayelsa: You Need Community I.D Card Before You Stay by christinie(f): 9:51am On Apr 04, 2016
Geniusone:
Please o Nairalanders, is their any town or place in Nigeria that a Nigerian need to obtain the town I.D Card before he or she can be allow to reside?
Their is something going on in Okpoama, Brass LGA of Bayelsa state the home town of TIMIPRE SILVER the formal governor of the state. The strangers in this community are being forced to obtain their community I D card before they can be allow to stay, I think this is intimidation.please what is your view on this matter?
Please mods move it to the appropriate section

Their is something going on in Okpoama, Brass LGA of Bayelsa state the home town of TIMIPRE SILVER the formal governor of the state.

It is NOT formal but FORMER.

And the right word to use is THERE NOT THEIR.

2 Likes

Re: Okpoama, Bayelsa: You Need Community I.D Card Before You Stay by peaceafex: 9:55am On Apr 04, 2016
ok
Re: Okpoama, Bayelsa: You Need Community I.D Card Before You Stay by AreaFada2: 9:58am On Apr 04, 2016
Misterdhee1:
That would be one of the best Security moves ever in the Country
If Nigeria was better organised, considering insecurity issues, anyone residing in another state or city/town for over 3 months should register his/her domicile with the council in charge of the area. Anyone with criminal record should register if staying for over two weeks.

A state or city should be aware that they have an ex-convict in town.

We should know exactly who is who and where people are.

3 Likes

Re: Okpoama, Bayelsa: You Need Community I.D Card Before You Stay by Misterdhee1(m): 10:00am On Apr 04, 2016
AreaFada2:

If Nigeria was better organised, considering insecurity issues, anyone residing in another state or city/town for over 3 months should register his/her domicile with the council in charge of the area. Anyone with criminal record should register if staying for over two weeks.

A state or city should be aware that they have an ex-convict in town.

We should know exactly who is who and where people are.
I support your assertion fully bro
Re: Okpoama, Bayelsa: You Need Community I.D Card Before You Stay by LeFreakSoChic(f): 10:03am On Apr 04, 2016
emmydeep:

I though you said you don't travel to any other state? Or is yorubaland nomore enough for you?

Sweetheart, isnt it too early to be unfortunate?
You should talk to your people first about their normadic activities. The only difference between y'all and the Fulanis is the barbaric level.
He didnt go there to disrespect anybody or lay claims to the development of the town.
Bloody nuisance.

1 Like

Re: Okpoama, Bayelsa: You Need Community I.D Card Before You Stay by stackky: 10:06am On Apr 04, 2016
; very interested in
Re: Okpoama, Bayelsa: You Need Community I.D Card Before You Stay by AyakaDunukofia: 10:16am On Apr 04, 2016
People are tired with Nigeria. Regional autonomy would naturally set.in, leading to full autonomy.

It is in line with the natural law of the universe as stipulated in "The law of gestation" which states that "everything takes time to manifest. All things have a beginning and grow into form as more energy is added to it..."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okpoama, Bayelsa: You Need Community I.D Card Before You Stay by emi14: 10:28am On Apr 04, 2016
MadCow1:
Bayelsa and mumu be like Tapioca and Coconut.. angry

First and Foremost, such a move is illegal as Nigerians have the freedom to move and live anywhere they choose in the Nation without fear of intimidation.

But is this law for all. Tribalism have out ran this part of constitution.
Re: Okpoama, Bayelsa: You Need Community I.D Card Before You Stay by MadCow1: 10:33am On Apr 04, 2016
emi14:

But is this law for all. Tribalism have out ran this part of constitution.

Tribalism or not, Every Nigerian still has the right to move freely and reside wherever they please.
Re: Okpoama, Bayelsa: You Need Community I.D Card Before You Stay by snthesis(m): 10:37am On Apr 04, 2016
Pangea:
Wow!
Okpoama!
i served in twon brass as well, thanks for the flashback
Re: Okpoama, Bayelsa: You Need Community I.D Card Before You Stay by toyinid78: 11:04am On Apr 04, 2016
BushidoBlue:

If you travel and don't get exposed how is that an Igbo guy's fault when he boasts about his travels?

There is a disconnect here.
travelling does not mean ur exposed,ur visiting a place does not mean ur going there to learn civilisation ,av bin to ogbulafor,iyin,nssuka abi n loads of places der is a diffrence in dier way of life so how will dat expose u? Many of my friends in ojo alaba ar igbos who av bin to china,japan,germany,dubai n us to import goods n yet dey ar not exposed
Re: Okpoama, Bayelsa: You Need Community I.D Card Before You Stay by 41lady(m): 11:14am On Apr 04, 2016
Is a good idea, that's what is obtainable in developed society, especially in this terrorists era.
Re: Okpoama, Bayelsa: You Need Community I.D Card Before You Stay by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 11:18am On Apr 04, 2016
Pangea:
Wow!
Okpoama!

Chief Banigo is dead!!

Oga common sense to repair the School.

Sylva is the wedlock behind all this shit.

An em, no more communal war though there's still ethnic cleansing.

Nua o!
Re: Okpoama, Bayelsa: You Need Community I.D Card Before You Stay by Pangea: 11:24am On Apr 04, 2016
Sijo01:

Oga, abeg, how this one rake answer op question

Abeg
That place has a special place in my heart.
And the name brought back fond memories.
Lovely people and their girls really know how to treat a guy. grin
Re: Okpoama, Bayelsa: You Need Community I.D Card Before You Stay by Pangea: 11:27am On Apr 04, 2016
NwaEzefuNaMba:

Chief Banigo is dead!!

Oga common sense to repair the School.

Sylva is the wedlock behind all this shit.

An em, no more communal war though there's still ethnic cleansing.

Nua o!

Wow!
Never knew that shocked

That man had money and made zero impact in his community.
This people have the worst kind of selfish leaders.
The man built a sprawling white washed building fenced all round in the midst of the poverty in that place.
Re: Okpoama, Bayelsa: You Need Community I.D Card Before You Stay by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 11:33am On Apr 04, 2016
Pangea:

Wow!
Never knew that shocked

That man had money and made zero impact in his community.
This people have the worst kind of selfish leaders.
The man built a sprawling white washed building fenced all round in the midst of the poverty in that place.

Banigo is fraud!!
Bayelsa State Government is fraud!!
we have got to leader mate, we only have party representatives.
Re: Okpoama, Bayelsa: You Need Community I.D Card Before You Stay by Broonoh: 12:05pm On Apr 04, 2016
Men this sound so serious and funny
Sign the community leaders ain't sleeping
Sign the young men still love their girls
But if they reacted to you politely in that manner guess what a reaction to a fulani man is gonna look lyk
Re: Okpoama, Bayelsa: You Need Community I.D Card Before You Stay by Ikem11(m): 12:16pm On Apr 04, 2016
Pangea:
Wow! Okpoama! I did my youth service there many years ago! How is Ebitimi Banigo house there? Hope they have fixed their school? So, silva is from that town? Have they rebuilt the burnt town between Twon brass and Okpoama? And I hope they have stopped the inter communal war with Twon Brass? Will love to hear more about that place!
what a questions
Re: Okpoama, Bayelsa: You Need Community I.D Card Before You Stay by otunbakplu(m): 12:32pm On Apr 04, 2016
yang:
I think this is a great idea and should implemented in the east . . .all peoples must be registered to know when the northern invaders arrive

I think dis shld be used in lagos&ogun state,to get rid u IGBOs...*now how do you feel..?*

U guys ar too troublesome..
Always causing troubles.
Re: Okpoama, Bayelsa: You Need Community I.D Card Before You Stay by iyisco2001(m): 12:33pm On Apr 04, 2016
Pangea:
Wow!
Okpoama!
I served there years ago and it's a great place now, light good, school is now the government college of education.
The bridge has been rebuilt and they are now mutually cool.
I don't know why they need an ID though, such a lovely place. I wish to go back soon and say hi.
Re: Okpoama, Bayelsa: You Need Community I.D Card Before You Stay by Caseless: 1:19pm On Apr 04, 2016
philGeo:
I totally support the move, insecurities call for many majors.
'major' general philGeo, how far?
Re: Okpoama, Bayelsa: You Need Community I.D Card Before You Stay by philGeo(m): 5:48pm On Apr 04, 2016
Caseless:
'major' general philGeo, how far?
I am fine sir Ceaseless.
Re: Okpoama, Bayelsa: You Need Community I.D Card Before You Stay by paix(m): 6:54pm On Apr 04, 2016
TIMIPRE SILVER the formal governor of the state

[/quote] Who is the informal governor of the state?
Re: Okpoama, Bayelsa: You Need Community I.D Card Before You Stay by paix(m): 7:01pm On Apr 04, 2016
Geniusone:
Please o Nairalanders, is their any town or place in Nigeria that a Nigerian need to obtain the town I.D Card before he or she can be allow to reside?
Their is something going on in Okpoama, Brass LGA of Bayelsa state the home town of[b] TIMIPRE SILVER the formal governor of the state. [/b]The strangers in this community are being forced to obtain their community I D card before they can be allow to stay, I think this is intimidation.please what is your view on this matter?

Who is the informal governor of the state?
Re: Okpoama, Bayelsa: You Need Community I.D Card Before You Stay by Jacksyn09(m): 7:48pm On Apr 04, 2016
Geniusone:
Though, I don't reside there , it's my brother that told me

English
Re: Okpoama, Bayelsa: You Need Community I.D Card Before You Stay by alizma: 9:41pm On Jun 07, 2023
Geniusone:
Their is something going on in Okpoama, Brass LGA of Bayelsa state the home town of TIMIPRE SILVER the formal governor of the state. The strangers in this community are being forced to obtain their community I D card before they can be allow to stay, I think this is intimidation.please what is your view on this matter?

There is nothing like intimidation here, I fully support the idea and hope other communities will learn from it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can I Travel 2 Weeks Before Visa Expiration? / Lagos To Test-Run Blue Line Rail December 2020 / Nigerians In South Korea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.