Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

60-year-old Wheelbarrow Pusher Begins Secondary Education In Delta - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 60-year-old Wheelbarrow Pusher Begins Secondary Education In Delta (23920 Views)

Friends Carry Graduate In Wheelbarrow In Liberia To Celebrate His Graduation / 60-Year-Old Man Writing SSCE In Somalia / Photo : 60-year-old Wheelbarrow Pusher Begins Secondary Education In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 60-year-old Wheelbarrow Pusher Begins Secondary Education In Delta by TheSociopath(m): 3:12pm On Apr 04, 2016
Persephenee come and see
Re: 60-year-old Wheelbarrow Pusher Begins Secondary Education In Delta by akigbemaru: 3:18pm On Apr 04, 2016
60 years old back in sch.
Re: 60-year-old Wheelbarrow Pusher Begins Secondary Education In Delta by dalambusu(m): 3:20pm On Apr 04, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
Not too late for Buhari
. If you don't respect him for being your President I think you should respect him for his age. You have a father I suppose, then you should respect him because he is a father too. Besides, why wishing him death as though you are immuned from it. Pray to attain his age and wisdom. Lastly, take my advice and you shall live long!!!
Re: 60-year-old Wheelbarrow Pusher Begins Secondary Education In Delta by dalambusu(m): 3:22pm On Apr 04, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
Not too late for Buhari [/quot[quote author=dalambusu post=44400736]. If you don't respect him for being your President I think you should respect him for his age. You have a father I suppose, then you should respect him because he is a father too. Besides, why wishing him death as though you are immuned from it. Pray to attain his age and wisdom. Lastly, take my advice and you shall live long!!!
Re: 60-year-old Wheelbarrow Pusher Begins Secondary Education In Delta by freecocoa(f): 3:23pm On Apr 04, 2016
Awww!

So inspirational.

Bhet why the failure to greet your guardian na? grin

I wish him well in his endeavours.
Re: 60-year-old Wheelbarrow Pusher Begins Secondary Education In Delta by dalambusu(m): 3:23pm On Apr 04, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
Not too late for Buhari [/quot[quote author=dalambusu post=44400736]. If you don't respect him for being your President I think you should respect him for his age. You have a father I suppose, then you should respect him because he is a father too. Besides, why wishing him death as though you are immuned from it. Pray to attain his age and wisdom. Lastly, take my advice and you shall live long!!!
dalambusu:
. If you don't respect him for being your President I think you should respect him for his age. You have a father I suppose, then you should respect him because he is a father too. Besides, why wishing him death as though you are immuned from it. Pray to attain his age and wisdom. Lastly, take my advice and you shall live long!!!
Re: 60-year-old Wheelbarrow Pusher Begins Secondary Education In Delta by AmAlbert(m): 3:25pm On Apr 04, 2016
Baba shun that matter o, come make we high this dogonyaro together so that you go feel alright, this Madagascar utaba wey you dey take Don turn another thing o, that means if you enter class NA teacher go greet you no be you go greet am

*sips dogonyaro and kulikuli
Re: 60-year-old Wheelbarrow Pusher Begins Secondary Education In Delta by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 04, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
Not too late for Buhari
Do u sleep at all? undecided
Re: 60-year-old Wheelbarrow Pusher Begins Secondary Education In Delta by derecho(m): 3:42pm On Apr 04, 2016
mayorkyzo:
I admire his courage but for him saying he wants to teach,he's way past it...retirement age for teachers last time I checked was 60...Goodluck to him on his academic pursuit...
He might own a school and decide to teach there.
Re: 60-year-old Wheelbarrow Pusher Begins Secondary Education In Delta by ElrayKhalifah(m): 4:18pm On Apr 04, 2016
Zombies realising education is the only way to success
Re: 60-year-old Wheelbarrow Pusher Begins Secondary Education In Delta by Bobbysmart6(m): 4:31pm On Apr 04, 2016
Mmm.d man sees is future. wink.
Re: 60-year-old Wheelbarrow Pusher Begins Secondary Education In Delta by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 4:48pm On Apr 04, 2016
Don't mind the yeye man, reasonable paresnts should withdraw their children from such school because the old fool is looking for small kids to molest. Another Yanusa in making.
Re: 60-year-old Wheelbarrow Pusher Begins Secondary Education In Delta by Olukologia(m): 7:20pm On Apr 04, 2016
When there is life, there is hope. It took God 25years to answer Abraham, now de father of de nation. So les watch.
Re: 60-year-old Wheelbarrow Pusher Begins Secondary Education In Delta by princezzlolly(f): 7:52pm On Apr 04, 2016
Y can't him go 2 adult school instead Mtcheeeewwww!
Re: 60-year-old Wheelbarrow Pusher Begins Secondary Education In Delta by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 04, 2016
TheSociopath:
Persephenee come and see
I'm here!
Re: 60-year-old Wheelbarrow Pusher Begins Secondary Education In Delta by bimbology(m): 10:10pm On Apr 04, 2016
ican2020:
A 60-year-old man, Mr. Adalabu Seribor, who is a Junior Secondary School II (JSS II) student at Izon College, Bomadi-Overside in Bomadi Local Government Area of Delta State, is currently the talk of the town.

Seribor, a wheelbarrow pusher popularly called Oyibo in the community, disclosed how he took the decision to go to school at old age, a development that had kept many people wondering what he wanted to achieve in school at such an age.

Speaking with Southern City News, Seribor said, “I am sixty years now and I decided to go to school at this age because I perpetually feel the pain of being an illiterate in this modern world where everything has to do with English and education.

“My mother died during child birth when I was a little boy while my father was a hunter. I was bred by a grandmother after the death of my mother and later taken to a step-mother when my father remarried.

“I went through pains and hardship at my tender age to adulthood. It would interest you to know that I was so tender at the time my mother died that I was crying for food while she lay dead.

“I went through struggles all through my life history. I had the opportunity to go to school at my young age, when a relative who was a magistrate at Ekeremor in Bayelsa State took me to his house.

“But because of early morning beatings due to my failure to greet him when rising from bed, I went back to my father. I had no opportunity to go to school since then, and continued in hard labour to survive in life, which I am still doing.”

Narrating further how he took the decision to attend school at his current age, he said, “I realized that without education, one cannot do well in this present society. I also do not want a situation whereby someone else would interpret or write for me if eventually I am chosen to hold an office in my community.

“I make a living by pushing wheelbarrow. After school hours, I go back home to look for work to do, which I have been doing for a living. I pay my school fees from there. I am determined to complete my education because of the pains in my heart.

“I see that one cannot do well without education in this society. I do various menial jobs for a living. I pack dirt from gutters; I pack sand, clear grasses in people’s compounds and pack soak-away faeces in the dead of the night. I am a JSS II student and by the grace of God, I will finish from this school.”

Seribor said he would proceed to Teachers’ Training College at the end of his secondary education in order to achieve his dream of becoming a teacher.

“I want to teach and I advised young boys and girls wasting their time and years roaming the streets
to go to school. If I can go to school, then why are young people wasting themselves,” he queried.
His class teacher, Mr. Edsemi Anesah, described Seribor as a committed and hardworking student.

“My encouragement to him is that he should hold onto his determination. He is the oldest student in the school and I advise young people out there to emulate him,” Anesah added.

http://www.punchng.com/60-year-old-wheelbarrow-pusher-begins-secondary-education-in-delta/
Like he said that he feels the pain of being an illiterate in a modern world where everything has to do with English and Education, i really feel for him. Bt i doubt it if that career ambition of his is reachable. It is well.
Re: 60-year-old Wheelbarrow Pusher Begins Secondary Education In Delta by Broonoh: 5:52pm On Apr 05, 2016
“But because of early morning beatings due to my failure to greet him when rising from bed, I went back to my father.”

Because the man by nw go done die you come dey talk this of him Baaaaaaaaaa?
Anyway thats life in naija for you.
We still have communities where people ain't going school

(1) (2) (Reply)

Deji Akinwande To Receive Presidential Award In The U.S / PHOTO: Public Schools In Kano Flooded Days After First Heavy Downpour / 6 Embarrassing Things That Can Happen To You In Class.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.