Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,241 members, 7,807,817 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

How To Deal With A Horrible Boss (continued) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Deal With A Horrible Boss (continued) (536 Views)

Widow Turned Bus Conductor Relies On Weed To Deal With Lagos ‘agberos’ / What You Should Do With A Great Job But A Horrible Boss / Do You Have A Horrible Boss - It's Ok Just Grab These Few Tips And Deal With It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Deal With A Horrible Boss (continued) by JUSTICEOFFICIAL(m): 6:06am On Apr 04, 2016
HOW TO DEAL WITH A HORRIBLE BOSS

Re: How To Deal With A Horrible Boss (continued) by JUSTICEOFFICIAL(m): 6:07am On Apr 04, 2016
They’ll be no need to elaborately define who a horrible boss is because as you know, a horrible boss is a boss that does horrible things to you (just as the name implies)

Now, when I say “deal”, I don’t exactly mean you should hire thugs to beat up your horrible boss on his way home or poison his tea like they do in Nollywood movies. Before you take any measures in handling a horrible boss, it is wise to note that there are really no jobs out there and you have to do your best to keep the one you have.

While a horrible boss can make you dread your ‘8 to 5’ every working day, you should still try to look at the good side of this problem; at least, he’s making you work harder on yourself and bringing out the best in you (or the stress…and craze in you, forget I even stated this point)
Let’s begin.

(1) Find Out More About Your Boss: Except you have a job or investment someplace else, the last thing you want to do is retaliate a horrible boss by shouting back at him or doing something violent. Take several steps back to actually study and gather information about your boss (dig up some dirt if you’re into it) but don’t go overboard else you will get caught.

So what exactly are you going to do with all this information?

Well, nothing actually, but you know that feeling when you have so much information about someone that it gives you some sort of confidence such that they no longer scare you anymore? Let’s continue.

Re: How To Deal With A Horrible Boss (continued) by JUSTICEOFFICIAL(m): 6:08am On Apr 04, 2016
(2) Give Them What They Want: (In the course of my first tip) you must have studied your boss’ personality and temparament, you should be able to know how they want things done and even beat them to it. For instance, he usually demands for a report on his desk at a certain time, why not try to beat that time with minutes so when he asks, “Is my report rea…”, you (politely) cut in, ” Your report has been prepared a while ago!”

Disable your horrible boss by not giving them the chance to prey on you when they discover you are at a fault.

Re: How To Deal With A Horrible Boss (continued) by JUSTICEOFFICIAL(m): 6:09am On Apr 04, 2016
(3)Stand Firm: An aggressive and yelling boss shouldn’t scare you now you know much about them. When a horrible boss comes yelling, what you need do at first is nod in agreement to what they are saying and allow them vent out. Don’t tremble, things will be much easier for you this way

Re: How To Deal With A Horrible Boss (continued) by JUSTICEOFFICIAL(m): 6:10am On Apr 04, 2016
(4) Speak Up: Be smart on how you go about this. Try using a technique where you speak from their own point of view and advantage. For example, you can say to a yelling boss, “Please Sir, it’s not good for you to stress yourself, I’ll do my best to fix the problem, please calm down.” This way, you gain his trust by not necessarily proving yourself to be right.

Note two things; one, “the boss is boss” and two, just like the customer, the boss is always right. Any point you make, always try to include a statement that reaffirms that your boss is the head and the one in control.

Speak up only when necessary, make valid points but never make your boss look like a fool.

Re: How To Deal With A Horrible Boss (continued) by JUSTICEOFFICIAL(m): 6:11am On Apr 04, 2016
If your boss continues to show signs of a horrible boss and you begin to show symptoms of been seriously affected, then you may consider getting yourself a new boss.

Re: How To Deal With A Horrible Boss (continued) by Flexherbal(m): 6:12am On Apr 04, 2016
Keep it coming...
The best is to be a boss of yourself.

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Queue Leave As Requested By My Boss. / Marketing Assistant At Transsion Holdings / Get This Reward For Graduating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.