Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,991 members, 7,806,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

What Is Different In You After Easter? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Different In You After Easter? (356 Views)

Daddy Freeze: Why My Online Church "Free Nation In Christ Online" Is Different / Shiloh 2016 Opening Ceremony: 'My Case Is Different' - Live Updates / Urgent Prayer request! My Case is different! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Different In You After Easter? by IME1: 4:28pm On Apr 04, 2016
OUR THEME FOR THIS MONTH IS EASTER
In the Spirit of Easter let us embrace unity and shun prejudices. It may not be easy, but God will bless your efforts and intention. Sadly many people even Niaralanders do not seem to be making any effort to extend love and acceptance of one another from different tribes. I think I got this write-up from a Nairalander’s post some time ago. I do not claim to be the author, but the issues therein are real and relevant. Please read.
Once I watched a documentary of the Rwandan Genocide ( Ghosts of Rwanda). I wept after seeing this documentary. I wept as I saw men and women butcher fellow countrymen to pieces in cold blood without a blink of conscience. This occurred in a country where more than 90% were Catholics. In 1994, during the genocide, Christian unity was on vacation. Catholics inflicted pain and death on their fellow Catholics on tribal grounds. As I meditate on this, two popular quotations made sense to me. One, “After humans, hyenas are the most ruthless aggressors (Nat Geo Wild). Two, Mahatman Ghandi, after studying the life Christians in India made this statement “I love Jesus, but I hate Christians.”
Tribe and religion are already dovetailing (interweaving) in our electoral process. In all of this, Christians are concentrating not on the furtherance of Christianity, not to obedience to the mandate of Christ which calls us to go and make disciples of many nations. We are not interested in sustaining the Gospel of Christ in Nigeria. Rather, we are consumed with our individual comfort and convenience. Christians are concerned with financial and social security. We are interested in praying for God to grant us promotion in our offices, for money to buy cars, houses and all kinds of luxury; for breakthrough in our businesses. Good as these may be, we should never lose sight of who we are as Christians and what our primary tasks as Christians are. Read Mt. 28: 16-20 and we shall see our primary mission.
Christianity is not a call to success, but a call to faithfulness and discipleship. The Church has stopped grooming disciples but wealthy youths, women and men. Remember, whoever is married to this world will be a widow in the next.
Nigerians must be conscious of what the Nigerian politics is turning into. Christians must be focused and united in both prayer and action. Nigerians, be cautious and vigilant.
“Let anyone who can hear, listen to what the Spirit is saying to the churches." (Rev 3:22 NJB). Shalom.

God bless the original writer of this piece, amen.
... be inspired, motivated and encouraged!

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Digest For The Day 7th Of April 2016 / A Must Read!! / Dancing Unto The Lord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.