Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,475 members, 7,808,722 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

What Breed And Gender Of Dog Do I Need To Start Dog Business? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / What Breed And Gender Of Dog Do I Need To Start Dog Business? (1270 Views)

How Do I Start A Profitable Dog Business In Nigeria As A Beginner. / What Breed And How Old Is My 'jochebed' / 17 things you must know before starting Dog Business. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Breed And Gender Of Dog Do I Need To Start Dog Business? by UltimateDaniel(m): 4:47pm On Apr 04, 2016
Hey, I'm confused. Some weeks back I bought a male Caucasian puppy. I was told it's of high pedigree, like 80-90%. Considering I want to begin the Dog Business, is it better I start with the male. I was also thinking if I should sale it out and get a female CO or what breed is lucrative most and which Gender should I go for. I need help from professionals...
Daniel Nicholas from Zaria, Kaduna state.
Re: What Breed And Gender Of Dog Do I Need To Start Dog Business? by ehiz4evry1: 4:24am On Apr 05, 2016
You can start with a male and female rott from different parent.
Re: What Breed And Gender Of Dog Do I Need To Start Dog Business? by UltimateDaniel(m): 7:55am On Apr 05, 2016
ehiz4evry1:
You can start with a male and female rott from different parent.
Thanks, so you actually advice me to do away with the male CO with me now
Re: What Breed And Gender Of Dog Do I Need To Start Dog Business? by Charlesdegaulle: 8:50am On Apr 05, 2016
First, do you have any experience with keeping dogs? Cos this would be fundamental in determining the breed you would start with. For example if you are not , i would suggest you start with a GSD. Though the puppies are cheaper when compared with rotts and boerboel, feeding would actually cost less. However, if you are familiar with dogs, then you could go for other breeds. Pls note that you should be ready to endure for almost 2 years before your dam litters, that is if you are starting from pups.
Putting the caucasian you have into consideration , i would suggest you start breeding same, to having having mixed breeds. Hence, it all comes down to your pocket for feeding

1 Like

Re: What Breed And Gender Of Dog Do I Need To Start Dog Business? by UltimateDaniel(m): 12:29pm On Apr 05, 2016
Charlesdegaulle:
First, do you have any experience with keeping dogs? Cos this would be fundamental in determining the breed you would start with. For example if you are not , i would suggest you start with a GSD. Though the puppies are cheaper when compared with rotts and boerboel, feeding would actually cost less. However, if you are familiar with dogs, then you could go for other breeds. Pls note that you should be ready to endure for almost 2 years before your dam litters, that is if you are starting from pups.
Putting the caucasian you have into consideration , i would suggest you start breeding same, to having having mixed breeds. Hence, it all comes down to your pocket for feeding
Thanks a lot. I would begin with the CO male and see how I get to train dogs, if it's okay, I will get adult ones from Jos or any nice kernel arround, I really want to invest on the business
Re: What Breed And Gender Of Dog Do I Need To Start Dog Business? by DteesKennel: 12:52pm On Apr 05, 2016
DAnieo gimme ur no lemme invite you to my whatsapp group to enlighten me

(1) (Reply)

Adult Male Boerboel Is Available For Sale / Buy Me! Buy Me!! Buy Me!!! / Brown Pug For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.