Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

What Islam Stand For - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Islam Stand For (895 Views)

Whats Islam Stand On Celebration Of Xmas/new Year / Can Islam Stand Thorough Scrutiny? / What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

What Islam Stand For by jookco(m): 4:23am On Jul 30, 2009
The recent violence in the Northern part of Nigeria I think may have revealed what Islam stand for, This is a convincing evidence that peace lives in Christ alone and there is no other way by which people can have peace accept if the live for Christ.

My brothers and Sister from the North, you all have seen it, think about it, Jesus ask us to pray for and love our enemies not to take sword in our hands, take your time think about it why your religion is full of violence, I think you have got a wrong information but today realize that there is another way to get total peace and that way is Jesus. Repent and be save many of your brothers and sisters in Iran are doing so watch CBN .

Good Bless all of you
Re: What Islam Stand For by jookco(m): 4:23am On Jul 30, 2009
This is Islam for you
Re: What Islam Stand For by olabowale(m): 3:26pm On Jul 30, 2009
@Jookco: And you live in Heyward, and you never have gone to Zaytuna Institute of Yusuf Hamzah? You must be unreal. If Yusuf hamzah operates at the back of your home, and you have not heard of him and you are able to know so much about Nigerian north, you must not have paid attention to whats near!

I lived in Heyward for a while and its at best a town, not a city. I think it is a village, because Oakland is head and shoulder larger! Yet we still have San Fransisco just across the Golden Gate! There is no way that you will conclude that the Nigerian issue is what islam stands for when you will ignore Branch davidian's Waco, etc as the standard of Christianity? The blood thirsty George Bush, Dick Cheney, Rumfeld, etc and the Jewish Wolfowitz are not the example of Christianity and Judaism? Stop your nonsense.
Re: What Islam Stand For by jookco(m): 5:14pm On Jul 30, 2009
Wale I live in Hayward before and I don't care about Islam
Re: What Islam Stand For by olabowale(m): 5:41pm On Jul 30, 2009
Same way I dont care for Christianity. But am not blind to any a good person from them!
Re: What Islam Stand For by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 30, 2009
jookco:

The recent violence in the Northern part of Nigeria I think may have revealed what Islam stand for, This is a convincing evidence that peace lives in Christ alone and there is no other way by which people can have peace accept if the live for Christ.

My brothers and Sister from the North, you all have seen it, think about it, Jesus ask us to pray for and love our enemies not to take sword in our hands, take your time think about it why your religion is full of violence, I think you have got a wrong information but today realize that there is another way to get total peace and that way is Jesus. Repent and be save many of your brothers and sisters in Iran are doing so watch CBN .

Good Bless all of you

Preacher, much as the bolded lie makes this thread deserving of a place in the recycle bin, I have decided to leave it so that the issue you raised can be debated and proved to you that the violence in the north reveals nothing about what Islam stands for.

I don't have Christ in my life, neither do my family and we have peace. Same for many other Muslims.

By way of reiteration, the fight in the north has nothing to do with what Islam stands for. An extremist sect(much as I hate to use this word, boko haram's actions smacked of true extremism) went haywire, with actions not traceable to the Qur'an, and you are here preaching Jesus.

I personally don't care about what you guys say about Islam. Sincerely, they don't move me. I'm not a Muslim because of anybody, I'm a Muslim because I know the fundamentals of Islam and neither real wrong action of any Muslim or group of Muslims nor propaganda of Islam haters and opportunists like you make me to question my faith in this religion.

If anything, you are the one that needs to repent and accept Islam.
Re: What Islam Stand For by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 30, 2009
Jarus:

Preacher, much as the bolded lie makes this thread deserving of a place in the recycle bin, I have decided to leave it so that the issue you raised can be debated and proved to you that the violence in the north reveals nothing about what Islam stands for.

I don't have Christ in my life, neither do my family and we have peace. Same for many other Muslims.

By way of reiteration, the fight in the north has nothing to do with what Islam stands for. An extremist sect(much as I hate to use this word, boko haram's actions smacked of true extremism) went haywire, with actions not traceable to the Qur'an, and you are here preaching Jesus.

I personally don't care about you guys say about Islam. Sincerely, they don't move me. I'm not a Muslim because of anybody, I'm a Muslim because I know the fundamentals of Islam and neither real wrong action of any Muslim or group of Muslims nor propaganda of Islam haters and opportunists like you make me to question my faith in this religion.

If anything, you are the one that needs to repent and Islam.

what really does islam stand for? From Kano to Sokoto, from Niger to Chad, Somalia, Gaza, Pakistan, Iran, Lebanon, the West bank, India, Iraq, Yemen . . . we always told that this is not what islam stands for but only the actions of an "extremist sect". But pray . . . WHY IS ISLAM THE ONLY ONE WITH VILE EXTREMIST SECTS?
Re: What Islam Stand For by olabowale(m): 6:26pm On Jul 30, 2009
@Davidylan: What do we say about the issue of the mayhem in say Brazil and the other South American, mainly Christian countries? Wat do we say about the issue of the warmongerin g of Europe and US, a clear Christian block, with all their civilization? I guess we can then asked how vile or unvile is Christianity by the actions of these people and countries? You see, to label a religion based on its adherents who are deviating from what the religion says is foolish.

Black people are labelled by whites in america, but the generalization is wrong.
Re: What Islam Stand For by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 30, 2009
olabowale:

@Davidylan: What do we say about the issue of the mayhem in say Brazil and the other South American, mainly Christian countries? Wat do we say about the issue of the warmongerin g of Europe and US, a clear Christian block, with all their civilization? I guess we can then asked how vile or unvile is Christianity by the actions of these people and countries? You see, to label a religion based on its adherents who are deviating from what the religion says is foolish.

Black people are labelled by whites in america, but the generalization is wrong.

Rubbish.

1. There is no mayhem in Brazil

2. The fact that those nations are not predominantly muslim does not make them christian.

Stop lying for allah
Re: What Islam Stand For by noetic2: 6:29pm On Jul 30, 2009
olabowale:

where have u seen christians killing in the name of Jesus? how come Jesus asked that we pray for even our enemies?

why must kill in the name of allah? how come allah commands that u kill all apostates, enemies and non-muslims?
Re: What Islam Stand For by olabowale(m): 11:21pm On Jul 30, 2009
I think London has done a number on you. Really a snow job on you or a need for you to do it over! When you dont know that your Biblical injunctions have no benefits to the listeners, then you should know that their action is not a result of Islam, but Christianity, Bible and Jesus, etc.

And when you deny that it is not so, then know that the Muslims can say just the same. Just because somebody says "Allahu Akbar," does not means he knows the jurispudence of that simply but comprehensive statement! Just like the in "in the name of jesus" statement does not protect anybody from any calamity, and those who say it do not fair any better in their preservation of lives and properties! Everything boils down to individual human understanding and value attached to issue!

The same you, for example have been deaf to all I have said. Do you know how frustrating it is to be dialoguing with your time of incorrigeble?
Re: What Islam Stand For by jookco(m): 8:00am On Jul 31, 2009
Olabolwale I'm not surprise of what you are saying, you are using what the bible called earthly Wisdom in James 3 14-17, you need spiritual wisdom to open the eyes of your understanding to know the truth, once you accept Jesus in your life and work in his ways then the eyes of your understanding will be opened to know the truth Ephesians 1:18-23 (King James Version) The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, Olabowale you need a light that will overshadow the darkness that covers your eyes and the light is the word of God, believe me brother I was like you before till I come to know this truth, the Word of God is true how I wish I can convince you but sorry to say it's not easy because for now you are spiritually blind, and the bible said in Psalms 119:13 The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple, that simple means a new born , some one who just repented, so once you accept Jesus you will receive the light and the eyes of your understanding will be opened to know what is the bredt, the lenght , the height and dept and to know the love of God which supers all knowledge, Christ have called you to know him with truth and meditation to his word unlike those who claim to be Christian but dwell in all shorts of evil and those are the type of Christians that confuses you I think.

Again the fear of God is the commencement of all Wisdom and to depart from Islam is Understanding, Job 28:28 Proverbs 1:7 Proverbs 9:10 Pslams 111:10 Ecle 12:13

You are my lovely brother still, Christ died for me and you, I do not mean to insult you or embarrass you for I was once like you, but I just wish you can know this truth , I'm just committed to winning your type of soul, and you sound like a chosen one for Christ , just give my word a try.

Remain Blessed wherever you are, may the peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you and I pray right now that Christ minister to your heart , surely you must have a revelation of truth from today.
Re: What Islam Stand For by reindeer: 10:22pm On Jul 31, 2009
Im a little confused here

Alhaji, you equate chritianity to gerge bush etc, i think thats wrong, i agree george bush is a killa, but i doubt he kills in the name of christ,you'll agree that terrorists shout alahu akbar when they strike,im sure the boko guys too were doing the same.

No compare death with sleep abeg!
wink
Re: What Islam Stand For by Abuzola(m): 11:09pm On Jul 31, 2009
And bush, hitler and davidylnd all shout 'the wicked will not see peace' quoting from their bible, then slaying in the act of fulfilling the prophecy.
Re: What Islam Stand For by dayokanu(m): 11:56pm On Jul 31, 2009
Can you tell anyone who killed in the name of Christ in Brazil, USA and Europe.

ANyone ever killed other religion in the name of Christianity?
Re: What Islam Stand For by Abuzola(m): 12:49am On Aug 01, 2009
Charls taylor, Hitler, Bush jnr and snr, David yushenko, Tony blair and many other intruders. They are fulfiling what your scripture says
Re: What Islam Stand For by olabowale(m): 1:01am On Aug 01, 2009
@Dayokanu: How long have you been in America? You know how many Jews, that the White Conservative Christians have killed? Let me remind you of the "eleshe ole, Judasi, ole" Christian Christian shouting/fighting songs at easter, in yoruba land! Tell those who do not know, but me.

@Jookco: Am a human being. The God will not give me the homework of Angels. He will not give the homework of Genies. He will not give me the homework of lions, etc (I am sure you know what am saying (assignment/duties/undertandings is homework here)), when I am a human being! When He sent His Messengers/prophets to humans, he sent humans, not angels! Please dont humor me, or rather pull the wool over my head!

@reindeer:  #12 on: Yesterday at 10:22:41 PM »  
ttle confused here
Alhaji, you equate chritianity to gerge bush etc, i think thats wrong, i agree george bush is a killa, but i doubt he kills in the name of christ,you'll agree that terrorists shout alahu akbar when they strike,im sure the boko guys too were doing the same.
No compare death with sleep abeg!
First, Bush and company called the intended USA attack on Taliban and Al Qaidah, CRUSADE! It was Yusuf Hamzah of Zaituna Institue in Heyward california, a white Muslim who advised him, to stop saying it, since there are Muslims in the US military.

Further, a military general in the US had stated that "the Christian God+, is bigger than the Muslim God! John Ashcroft said on public stages, that I have watched on C-SPAN, and others including CNN that their God is greater than Muslim God. Their God sent his son to be killd for them and the Muslim God asked that you sent your sons to die for Him. And immediately, this man turn around and kill plenty of Muslim, suggesting everyone Muslim be picked up and put in Concentration camp type settings in Amerixa. I live in that same America and I know.

Finally a congressman from the Republican said that why dont the US just bomb Makka and Kaaba! Well, if you do not believe me about George Bush, then watch the set of Youtube  titled "Christian Missionary Atrocities." In the collection, maybe you willsee George Bush the Christian man for yourself and his crusading efforts. You know after 911, I was watching  The Moyer reports on PBS, when a known writer broke into a Christian fighting song titled "Onward marching Christian Soldiers, !" YOu know as a muslim american, that was very offensive to me and it was actually the first time I knew that such a song does exist!

I wonder if the KKK did not kill for Jesus or Christian God? I wonder if the 700 club guy will not be happy to see many many Muslim die? Mr. Pat Robertson is his name.

(1)

The Real Truth: What Does Islam Say About Suicide Bombing? / Minding Manners (manners Of Joking) / "Al-nebras" ("the Lantern"): Islamic Movie On The Life Of Imam Ali (as)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.