Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Settling Down In Port Harcourt - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Settling Down In Port Harcourt (3759 Views)

Advice For Settling With A 2.2 CGPA And Masters In Canada, USA Or Australia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Settling Down In Port Harcourt by jeff1000(m): 10:11pm On Apr 04, 2016
I was on the phone with a friend of mine the other day who lives in the western part of this country, Nigeria. He told me he wants to relocate to Port Harcourt and wants me to advice him..

The first thing that came to my mind was how 'bloody' Port Harcourt is right now, although am not in PH but i have colleagues there who often update me on the latest happenings there, i also told him to 'watch' and 'pray'... and when he is fully convinced, then as a youth he ought to have gotten at least thirty thousand naira to his name, as a start up for house rent, food and miscellaneous expenses e.t.c, since he doesn't have any relations there except God alone.

I brought this up on nairaland so that indigenes and non-indigenes alike can intelligently give more advice on the economic, social, and environmental state of Port Harcourt...thanks!!
Re: Settling Down In Port Harcourt by mercenary: 10:20pm On Apr 04, 2016
If he's from Osun he should stay der... But if he's from Ekiti he'll be highly welcome to the garden city

We peaceful people... Na ur village bloody, whoever said PH is bloody belongs 2 the pit of hell and shud stay der

1 Like

Re: Settling Down In Port Harcourt by jeff1000(m): 10:41pm On Apr 04, 2016
mercenary:
If he's from Osun he should stay der... But if he's from Ekiti he'll be highly welcome to the garden city

We peaceful people... Na ur village bloody, whoever said PH is bloody belongs 2 the pit of hell and shud stay der

I didn't say bloody in the literal sense but i just said that due to the news of killings and deaths from the past election...if i may ask, why are u against an osun indigene?
Re: Settling Down In Port Harcourt by mercenary: 10:54pm On Apr 04, 2016
jeff1000:

I didn't say bloody in the literal sense but i just said that due to the news of killings and deaths from the past election...if i may ask, why are u against an osun indigene?
The killings in Rivers state is just blown outta proportion by the politicians to whip up political sentiment

For the Osun stuff, I was kidding...

1 Like

Re: Settling Down In Port Harcourt by jeff1000(m): 11:03pm On Apr 04, 2016
mercenary:
The killings in Rivers state is just blown outta proportion by the politicians to whip up political sentiment

For the Osun stuff, I was kidding...

Aite, thanks a bunch for the pixilated advice, i appreciate!!
Re: Settling Down In Port Harcourt by jeff1000(m): 11:26pm On Apr 04, 2016
More advice is needed please.
Re: Settling Down In Port Harcourt by BOKO52(m): 8:26am On Apr 05, 2016
PH is good it only that the cost of living in my city is very high and things are expensive too, truly portharcourt is a lovely place to stay..

2 Likes

Re: Settling Down In Port Harcourt by jeff1000(m): 7:03pm On Apr 05, 2016
BOKO52:
PH is good it only that the cost of living in my city is very high and things are expensive too, truly portharcourt is a lovely place to stay..

Thanks bro. What if i tell him to start from a developing local govt like obio akpor, do u see a reduction in the cost of living, or are they invariably the same?
Re: Settling Down In Port Harcourt by BOKO52(m): 4:08pm On Apr 06, 2016
jeff1000:

Thanks bro. What if i tell him to start from a developing local govt like obio akpor, do u see a reduction in the cost of living, or are they invariably the same?
Re: Settling Down In Port Harcourt by BOKO52(m): 4:10pm On Apr 06, 2016
alryt that's cool the cost of living those places are cheaper sha not dsame ...place like oyigbo is very cheap also..

2 Likes

Re: Settling Down In Port Harcourt by RENOWNED2(m): 8:47am On Apr 07, 2016
in obio akpo,house rent for a self contain is 100 to 150k,1 bedroom goes for 200 to 250,2 bedroom goes for 300 to 350 and so on...this is for the rumuodumaya and rukpokwu axis thou....any further inward and u are living on the outskirts...omagwa is developing nicely though.

1 Like

Re: Settling Down In Port Harcourt by jeff1000(m): 9:04pm On Apr 07, 2016
RENOWNED2:
in obio akpo,house rent for a self contain is 100 to 150k,1 bedroom goes for 200 to 250,2 bedroom goes for 300 to 350 and so on...this is for the rumuodumaya and rukpokwu axis thou....any further inward and u are living on the outskirts...omagwa is developing nicely though.

Thanks for the update bro, i appreciate it. But we are not talking about self contain etc, the guy is not married yet, just wants to come and hustle, 'wetin concern guy wey dey try make ends meet with two bedroom flat' maybe when ends begins to meet then the bedroom flat will appear.. he is a very close friend if mine, he has even started getting ready 4 the journey, in 2 weeks time
Re: Settling Down In Port Harcourt by BOKO52(m): 7:11am On Apr 08, 2016
oyigbo will be a beta place for him, he can get 1room for 5k or 4k monthly but they landlords over there mostly accept 2yrs for new tenants.
Re: Settling Down In Port Harcourt by jeff1000(m): 8:17am On Apr 10, 2016
BOKO52:
oyigbo will be a beta place for him, he can get 1room for 5k or 4k monthly but they landlords over there mostly accept 2yrs for new tenants.

5k monthly? for 1room? Mehnnnnnn that's kinda too much....if a room costs dat much in oyigbo, can't imagine how much it will cost in ph, d main town... do u have an idea of how much it'd cost?
Re: Settling Down In Port Harcourt by jurjur: 10:58am On Apr 13, 2016
BOKO52:

Oyigbo cannot b d best bet for him cus it's off d outskirt of port-harcourt. He definitely will start regreting his relocation very early cus oyigbo is off. Rukpokwu is even much of a better place for a starter cus u can still get a self contain for same price of a room in orazi & almost @ d center too. U can get a room arnd 4-5k while self-contain of 100-120k is still very much possible there with d same federal light enjoyed @ orazi, agip, etc. He can easily access anywhere from there spending less time & money. Even when he doens't have money to spend, he can easily trek along d ikwere/airport road which is much busier & happening than that of oyigbo. Meanwhile, rukpokwu is under ph, rivers state while oyigbo is not under ph thou in rivers state. He will gain better opportunities to meet with top shots operating from rukpokwu than from oyigbo. Well there are soooooooo many reasons to dis sha. He can ask further questions. Nairalanders will always be our brother's keeper.

1 Like

Re: Settling Down In Port Harcourt by jeff1000(m): 9:14pm On Apr 23, 2016
jurjur:

Oyigbo cannot b d best bet for him cus it's off d outskirt of port-harcourt. He definitely will start regreting his relocation very early cus oyigbo is off. Rukpokwu is even much of a better place for a starter cus u can still get a self contain for same price of a room in orazi & almost @ d center too. U can get a room arnd 4-5k while self-contain of 100-120k is still very much possible there with d same federal light enjoyed @ orazi, agip, etc. He can easily access anywhere from there spending less time & money. Even when he doens't have money to spend, he can easily trek along d ikwere/airport road which is much busier & happening than that of oyigbo. Meanwhile, rukpokwu is under ph, rivers state while oyigbo is not under ph thou in rivers state. He will gain better opportunities to meet with top shots operating from rukpokwu than from oyigbo. Well there are soooooooo many reasons to dis sha. He can ask further questions. Nairalanders will always be our brother's keeper.

Thanks, i appreciate dis... u said rukpokwu is a good option right? I'd make sure i talk 2 him about this.. please is rukpokwu under ikwere L.G.A? Thanks again.
Re: Settling Down In Port Harcourt by jefy(m): 6:02am On Apr 24, 2016
P.h is not that expensive,depending on the area..Alright,to start with,in some part of the garden city, you could get a room for 6k,5k,4k and even 3k, self con i.e a room,kitchen and bathroom goes for 150,120 and 100k
Re: Settling Down In Port Harcourt by jurjur: 5:03pm On Apr 24, 2016
jeff1000:

Thanks, i appreciate dis... u said rukpokwu is a good option right? I'd make sure i talk 2 him about this.. please is rukpokwu under ikwere L.G.A? Thanks again.

U are welcomed! Supposedly under obio-akpor(not too sure oo.)

(1) (Reply)

Before You Kill Peace Mass Transit, Please Hear From Them / Driving From Warri To Abuja-holiday / Always Request For The Return Of Your Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.