Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

Blue Intercontinental Micro-Finance Bank: My Experience - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Blue Intercontinental Micro-Finance Bank: My Experience (4922 Views)

My Experience In The Bank Today / Guarantee Trust Bank: My Bitter Story / Will They Close Bank My Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blue Intercontinental Micro-Finance Bank: My Experience by mybad: 8:37am On Jul 30, 2009
In my usual attempts at ensuring steady flow of income for my pocket despite the financial meltdown,i  stepped into a micro-finance bank to seek support for my new business idea.
I'd obtained the application forms the previous week,on submission however, on the 28th of July 2009.
I went with vital documents including my HP laptop all enclosed in my laptop bag.

At the bank gate, No. 188 Herbert Macauley way, Ebute Metta, Lagos.
I'd handed over my bag to the security man on duty since my bag could not go into the cabinet provided.
After several more form filling sessions which took me about an hour,i went for my bag in order to retire for home.
To my dismay my bag was nowhere to be found, the security man could not give a good explanation as to the movement of my bag and laptop.

The management of the bank have since been unable to conduct sensible investigation as to the whereabout of my laptop and offered to give me a call if need be.
I wonder how money put in the hands of a financial institution can be thought safe when both the customers and their valuables are "at their own risk".
I have since not heard from the bank and i decided to take my case to my court of law - NAIRALAND.
I implore all Nigerians to avoid[b] BLUE INTERCONTINENTAL micro finance BANK[/b] like a plaque,one of their major business is ripping unsuspecting Nigerians of their valuables.
Re: Blue Intercontinental Micro-Finance Bank: My Experience by hedgesfun(m): 9:09am On Jul 30, 2009
Haba Naija,

Please take it easy on this people simply because this unfortunate incident happens to you does not mean they are really to be totally condemned like that. Yes I agree they should be responsible for such act and most especially the security officer you handle your bag to must be able to provide it at all cost but please let us not just run our things down like this just because of one single incident.

However, I will blame you in some part as I do not expect you to leave the scene that day without your bad and am very sure if you had taken it so seriously, the management would have sorted it out that day the truth I found out about banks in Nigeria is they don't want you to be a gentleman cos as much as you prove to be a gentleman then more they take you mumu so my dear friend or anyone else that experience anything as such again please I beg you try to make sure you create a scene and I bet you will surely get what you wanted that same day. This is something I had tried on several occasions and it worked for me and those I recommended it to.
Re: Blue Intercontinental Micro-Finance Bank: My Experience by Kx: 9:23am On Jul 30, 2009
Its so annoying that the clause "Cars parked at owners risk" valuables kept at owners risk"
is an accepted common practice in business locations.
If the reverse was d case,it would have behoved d businsess outfits to cather for ur valuables
while u are busy transacting profitable business inside their office with them.

Know exactly whom u handed ur laptop to and stand firm that u personally handed it to him in for safekeeping.
A good lawyer should be able to argue that valuables kept at owners risk was not conspicuosly displayed
by the security man to ur knowledge.Better still,u were not availed the opportunity of keeping ur laptop in a box and the keys held by u.

After all said and done,this is Nigeria and u may not succeed much in law court but my best bet is
that if u insist on court redress,the bank will tow the line of out of court settlement.
Re: Blue Intercontinental Micro-Finance Bank: My Experience by mybad: 3:03pm On Aug 01, 2009
hedgesfun:

However, I will blame you in some part as I do not expect you to leave the scene that day without your bad and am very sure if you had taken it so seriously, the management would have sorted it out that day

I sure would have stayed to get my laptop that day, i would really have disrupted the day's business to prove i'm not in anyway a gentleman.
Except that i have a career that demands alot of my time and presence.
The management of the bank proved unworthy with the way they went about the issue.
Courtesy was second to zero, efficiency and swiftness in response was terrible.
The Auditor was so dull and detached you'd think he stole the laptop.
The security man in question seemed like the owner of the bank,you could easily see insubordination at it's peak.
If i had stayed till the next day the management that handled the issue would not have come up with anything tangible, it is very typical, nothing good can come out of hell.

Know exactly whom u handed ur laptop to and stand firm that u personally handed it to him in for safekeeping.
A good lawyer should be able to argue that valuables kept at owners risk was not conspicuosly displayed
by the security man to ur knowledge.Better still,u were not availed the opportunity of keeping ur laptop in a box and the keys held by u.

I know who i handed the bag to but because he seemed so high and aloof in the presence of his superiors nothing was done.
He was so busy collecting money to keep bags in his security post and left mine outside.
I wonder why he didn't ask for a tip, at least it would have saved me the trouble of loosing my laptop.
Re: Blue Intercontinental Micro-Finance Bank: My Experience by naijacutee(f): 3:51pm On Aug 01, 2009
Sir, I think that if you made a note of the security guard you left your things with, and that you can prove that you handed your bag over to this man, employed by the bank for safe-keeping, then you might have a case of you decide to pursue it. Make it official, write to the management of the bank and tell them you would be taking this to court (Not "Nairaland court"wink, as your laptop is quite important to your business.
Re: Blue Intercontinental Micro-Finance Bank: My Experience by pecu5: 2:24pm On Aug 04, 2009
My brother take heart, is d blue intercon a subsidiary of Intercontinental Bank plc. The best thing 4 u 2 do is to go to newspaper house pay a little token and get them publish it in newspaper, this an outright disrespect for dia customers.

Just make sure both dia big bro (IBPLC) and the small fry (Blue inter) is disgraced, in a short while u see dem come begging u with a brand new laptop. give it a trial and see dat it works like magic,

Wish ya d best, just be sure that you actually lost ur laptop there am sure de ve cctv outside d premises, just go2 d media
Re: Blue Intercontinental Micro-Finance Bank: My Experience by cvibe: 5:34am On Aug 06, 2009
@Poster,

Did you obtain any letter or document stating the loss from the bank on the said day or just left with verbal comments?
Re: Blue Intercontinental Micro-Finance Bank: My Experience by atilla(m): 1:12pm On Aug 06, 2009
to be honest, i blame u.
Why would you leave your laptop and bag in the hand of a security man? I dont think that was very smart at all.

nyways best of luck getting it back,
Re: Blue Intercontinental Micro-Finance Bank: My Experience by mybad: 8:23pm On Aug 09, 2009
to be honest, i blame u.
Why would you leave your laptop and bag in the hand of a security man? I dont think that was very smart at all.

nyways best of luck getting it back,

Same question i asked myself initially.
But imagine with the security door not allowing me access with my laptop strapped over my shoulder and the cabinet not big enough to contain my laptop all i had left was a security man who unfortunately is a Nigerian.
Do you know i had to also remove my pair of safety shoes that day before i could enter the bank?
Imagine my situation now!
Re: Blue Intercontinental Micro-Finance Bank: My Experience by mcwaleg(m): 4:27pm On Nov 16, 2009
Bro, please dont take it easy with Blue Intercontinental. The company is full of rejected and unprofessional staff. A friend of mine sometimes ago applied for the quick/personal loan as they called it, could u believe it took them like 1month after approval for the said quick loan to be disbursed, a quick loan indeed. My friend made several calls but nobody in that organisation could make a reasonable excuse for their inability and by the time the fund was disbursed, it was useless.
Re: Blue Intercontinental Micro-Finance Bank: My Experience by goldwiner: 2:14pm On Mar 25, 2010
@poster,

i can feel your pain. but i think the bank does not deserv such blackmail. Am not a regular poster of this site i just pump in to read stories and discussion but this thread made to register in other to comment.

The bank do not deserve such blackmail. I was once at the bank sometimes last year for a salary advance and got it in less than a week. I even introduce my colleagues at work and they gave them all.

You and i know you cant get such in most micro finance bank in nigeria, you will rather ask to bank with them for three or six month before you can be granted a loan.

I believe if you write personally to the bank management of your seriousness with the situation, they would have called you help for more questioning and settlement.

there is nohow you can try to satisfy customer but you cannot do for all, some will not be happy with you. Its a normal thing everywhere in the world.

I urge you to drop this, probably get rid of this post and write to their management. if then, you were not satisfy with the outcome, you can always come back to let us know.
Re: Blue Intercontinental Micro-Finance Bank: My Experience by bluelegal: 2:58pm On Mar 26, 2010
hi Seun,/ the webmaster,

We the solicitor of the aforementioned bank would like this session be discard. the poster did not issue a formal complain of the incident before posting such a blackmail on the internet.

The moderated should please remove this thread from the forum. Please let us abide by the Privacy Policy of this site.
Re: Blue Intercontinental Micro-Finance Bank: My Experience by demscokid: 3:25pm On Mar 26, 2010
Re: Blue Intercontinental Micro-Finance Bank: My Experience
« #11 on: Today at 02:58:49 PM »

hi Seun,/ the webmaster,

We the solicitor of the aforementioned bank would like this session be discard. the poster did not issue a formal complain of the incident before posting such a blackmail on the internet.

The moderated should please remove this thread from the forum. Please let us abide by the Privacy Policy of this site.

This response is bewildering - shocked shocked shocked shocked embarassed
Re: Blue Intercontinental Micro-Finance Bank: My Experience by tellie(m): 1:12pm On Mar 29, 2010
Please nairalander dont mislead this guy, I actually blame him for the deed like someone said he would have disrupt the banks activities that day to make his position known. Instead of unnecessary publicity please send a memo to the management i'm sure they will see to your pligth immediately to protect their reputation. This issue does not involve the media publicity now cos u are yet to take necessary actions by informing the management. If the management fails to dialogue with u then u are free to take actions but for every action u take ensure there are evidences to back it.

(1) (Reply)

Struggling To Make Money Online? FREE 30 Min. Phone Consultation That Might Help / News From Instaforex / Investing In Nigeria: How Risky?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.