Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

Gift Alex Of Diamond Connect Is A Fraud, Beware. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Gift Alex Of Diamond Connect Is A Fraud, Beware. (957 Views)

Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! / Beware!!! Dead Bodies Used To Produce Corn Beef. / Beware !!!!! I Was Scammed By "Best Shawarma" Randle Surulere !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gift Alex Of Diamond Connect Is A Fraud, Beware. by MikoMe: 11:57am On Apr 05, 2016
Hello, everyone. Something happened to a good friend of mine over the weekend and we have decided to take a stand and warn others.

My friend wanted a cake for a birthday. She decided to contact a cake store which had some some work recently for a relative of hers and she had admired. They are a professional outfit with quality jobs but she hasn't met them in person, orders given in the phone are handled smoothly and delivered. She contacted the owner who informed her that she was out of the country and passed another number to her.
Re: Gift Alex Of Diamond Connect Is A Fraud, Beware. by MikoMe: 12:33pm On Apr 05, 2016
My friend called me the number and mentioned the names of whom passed it to her and the relative she had done work for recently. The person agreed and said she would send her jobs that evening via whatsapp, as my friend said she couldn't check their Instagram page at the time. That evening, well-lit photos of professional jobs were sent to my friend and my friend informed her that she wanted the same job her relative for and would pay the same fee of N17,000. The person agrees and sent a bank accoutn number, to which the full amount was paid into.

Please bear in mind his company does quality work and is trusted so she felt there was no need to doubt all that was going on. Below is a picture of the cake ordered.

Re: Gift Alex Of Diamond Connect Is A Fraud, Beware. by MikoMe: 12:40pm On Apr 05, 2016
The next day, after the money was paid, the baker contacted my friend and said her picture was 2 cakes and implied that it would cost N34,000. My friend replied very surprised and then asked for a refund. The Baker refused and said "your are OUR customer so we will satisfy you", implying still a company.

On sunday, the cake was supposed to be delivered. A girl shows up literally from a danfo with a cake on her head, not in a cake box but exposed to the elements and drops it. My friend began to call her back to collect the cake as it wasn't what was ordered but she refused to pick up her phone. So she called the owner of the company abroad and to her horror and the owner's shock, they don't know whom the baker is.

The baker, Gift Alex, impersonated the company and collected the money and sent in a substandard job. Below is what she brought as a N17,000 cake.

Re: Gift Alex Of Diamond Connect Is A Fraud, Beware. by MikoMe: 12:47pm On Apr 05, 2016
When I got there, I met my friend distraught and frantically calling Gift Alex back. Gift Alex refused to pick up so we contacted the whatsapp number she had used to talk to my friend. We were stunned to find out that that was apparently her friend's number, who worked in a cake shop and Gift Alex had asked her to send us pictures of their own professional cakes, in order to deceive us that she was part of the company we were looking for. Gift Alex of Diamond Connect of Companies wasn't even based in Lagos (where my friend and the cake store reside), but resides in Port Harcourt. Upon hearing the sum of money being offered for the job, she quixkly agreed she was the person that were looking for.
How did my friend get Gift Alex of Diamond Connect's number? It was a mixup as her phone number resembles that of the company the only difference is 2 middle numbers) and she quickly took advantage and scammed.

Gift Alex of Diamond Connect of Companies even tried to increase the price to N34,000 by saying it was 2 cakes and when my friend asked her for a refund, refused and continued the charade by saying "you are OUR (implying a big company) customer.
Re: Gift Alex Of Diamond Connect Is A Fraud, Beware. by MikoMe: 12:51pm On Apr 05, 2016
So everyone began to contact Gift Alex asking her to come back and explain herself. She refused to, saying she had classes and an exam to write that day (on a Sunday!). She began to invoke God and said she was an orphan (all untrue and her friend was shocked to hear her claim such). Below are screengrabs of the conversation.

Re: Gift Alex Of Diamond Connect Is A Fraud, Beware. by MikoMe: 12:53pm On Apr 05, 2016
We got Gift Alex of Diamond Connect of Companies to admit she had impersonated and collected money fraudulently (it is a crime to impersonate a business) and she agreed to pay back N10,000. She has now switched off her phone.

We have spoken to Access Bank and are going to tell you more personal details about her.

Gift Alex stays in Port Harcourt and her address is in Obior Akpor. She studied Industrial Chemistry and had graduated. She taught in the Youth church of RCCG parish House of Grace, Port Harcourt before moving to Kong's Assembly. Her number is 08068830922 and her account number is Gift Alex, 0051518794

Re: Gift Alex Of Diamond Connect Is A Fraud, Beware. by MikoMe: 12:53pm On Apr 05, 2016
The cake Gift Alex sent cannot be more than N3,500. She defended her fraud by saying she had to go to the market and stress herself, that my friend ordered for a helmet cake and she gave it to her so we should leave her in peace, that she couldn't find the colours of the cake (when my friend had specifically asked for that design).

I urge all bakers here to NOT give out their pictures I anyone in the name of friendship as now we have to report all the numbers used to communicate that Gift Alex used and her friend had to clear her own name up. Someone may be using your images to dupe some clients and they will hold you responsible as part of the scam.
Re: Gift Alex Of Diamond Connect Is A Fraud, Beware. by dominique(f): 3:18pm On Apr 05, 2016
Scammers everywhere, little wonder the country is not moving forward.

Her style of writing reminds of another scammer that was disgraced off this forum called Jennylove. I had to double check the number to be sure that's not the same person.
Re: Gift Alex Of Diamond Connect Is A Fraud, Beware. by MikoMe: 12:58pm On Apr 09, 2016
So we just called her number again. She immediately switched off her phone.

Does anyone know this girl? Gift Alex of Diamond Connect of Companies. She apparently attends RCCG King's parish in Port Harcourt.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Pap Popurlarly Known As Ogi / Please Give An Appropriate Name For This Situation / Unbelieveable! Bag Of Rice To Sell At N9000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.