Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

A Simple Formula For Answering "Tell Me About Yourself" - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Simple Formula For Answering "Tell Me About Yourself" (5405 Views)

7 Tips To Help You Answer The Interview Question, “tell Me About Yourself” / How To Answer the terrific "Tell Me About Yourself?" Interview Question. / Tips For Answering Behavioral Interview Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Simple Formula For Answering "Tell Me About Yourself" by stainlesstan: 12:55pm On Apr 05, 2016
www.biempowerment.com
‪#‎WeLoveGraduates‬ ‪#‎WeLoveYouths‬

“So, tell me about yourself.”
What seems like such a simple question can really make you sweat, especially in an interview. What, exactly, should you share — not just to build rapport, but to show that you’re the perfect fit for the job?
Fear not, job seekers: There’s a super-simple formula that will help you answer this question with ease.
How to Answer “Tell Me About Yourself”
So, the first question you’re probably going to get in an interview is, “Tell me about yourself.” Now, this is not an invitation to recite your entire life story or even to go bullet by bullet through your resume. Instead, it’s probably your first and best chance to pitch the HR Manager on why you’re the right one for the job.
A formula we really like to recommend is called the Present-Past-Future formula. So, first you start with the present—where you are right now. Then, go into the past—a little bit about the experiences you’ve had and the skills you gained at the previous position. Finally, finish with the future—why you are really excited for this particular opportunity.
Remember throughout your answer to focus on the experiences and skills that are going to be most relevant for the HR Manager when they’re thinking about this particular position and this company. And ultimately, don’t be afraid to relax a little bit, tell stories — the HR Manager already has your resume, so they also want to know a little more about you.

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: A Simple Formula For Answering "Tell Me About Yourself" by ojnnaco(m): 12:59pm On Apr 05, 2016
I can't thank you enough for this.. just know that I appreciate

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Simple Formula For Answering "Tell Me About Yourself" by laprince(m): 1:06pm On Apr 05, 2016
lovely piece.

1 Like

Re: A Simple Formula For Answering "Tell Me About Yourself" by stainlesstan: 1:17pm On Apr 05, 2016
Thank you too, Visit http://biempowerment.com/ for more tips, thanks
ojnnaco:
I can't thank you enough for this.. just know that I appreciate
Re: A Simple Formula For Answering "Tell Me About Yourself" by stainlesstan: 1:18pm On Apr 05, 2016
laprince:
lovely piece.

1 Like

Re: A Simple Formula For Answering "Tell Me About Yourself" by ambassadorgozie(m): 1:30pm On Apr 05, 2016
Nice but u for giv us example

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Simple Formula For Answering "Tell Me About Yourself" by Segadem(m): 1:32pm On Apr 05, 2016
I need example nao!

2 Likes

Re: A Simple Formula For Answering "Tell Me About Yourself" by stainlesstan: 1:36pm On Apr 05, 2016
ambassadorgozie:
Nice but u for giv us example
Re: A Simple Formula For Answering "Tell Me About Yourself" by stainlesstan: 1:38pm On Apr 05, 2016
Segadem:
I need example nao!
Re: A Simple Formula For Answering "Tell Me About Yourself" by Nobody: 2:52pm On Apr 05, 2016
The "Tell me about yourself" answer that gave me my Job.

It was a Marketing Executive interview.. And I answered thus:

I am a born marketer with the strength, drive and zeal to always produce results.
A graduate of Elect/elect, second class upper.
I have worked with Royal exchange insurance, Bluescripts IT Academy, New horizons Nigeria, and also independently.
My superb and fantastic way of delivering earned me "Best marketer of the year" 2015.
So basically, I am someone who when results are needed in the marketing section, I am always called upon!!
That's all for now sir!!
So this was what earned me my wonderful Basic Salary of way above 50 and handsome commission.

You can modify for your own role!!

Present,Past,Future!

5 Likes

Re: A Simple Formula For Answering "Tell Me About Yourself" by stainlesstan: 3:27pm On Apr 05, 2016
Awesome, Thanks for sharing this very practicable example with us, it is really lovely. Visit http://biempowerment.com/ for more tips, thanks

Agubushmenyo:

I am a born marketer with the strength, drive and zeal to always produce results.
I have worked with Royal exchange insurance, Bluescripts IT Academy, New horizons Nigeria, and also independently.
My superb and fantastic way of delivering earned me "Best marketer of the year" 2015.
So basically, I am someone who when results are needed in the marketing section, I am always called upon!!
That's all for now sir!!
So this was what earned me my wonderful Basic Salary of way above 50 and handsome commission.

Present,Past,Future!
Re: A Simple Formula For Answering "Tell Me About Yourself" by Abee79(m): 3:50pm On Apr 05, 2016
thanks

1 Like

Re: A Simple Formula For Answering "Tell Me About Yourself" by stainlesstan: 3:52pm On Apr 05, 2016
Thank you too, you can Visit http://biempowerment.com/ for more tips, thanks
Abee79:
thanks
Re: A Simple Formula For Answering "Tell Me About Yourself" by Phait: 3:57pm On Apr 05, 2016
Please house, how do I get to Magodo phase 2 from Ojota in a public transport

1 Like

Re: A Simple Formula For Answering "Tell Me About Yourself" by hardbody: 11:18pm On Apr 05, 2016
Agubushmenyo:

That's all for now sir!!

Present,Past,Future!

A very annoying question but always the first bullet. They already have your CV don't they? so why ask rhetoric questions?

1 Like

Re: A Simple Formula For Answering "Tell Me About Yourself" by Nobody: 7:33am On Apr 06, 2016
hardbody:

A very annoying question but always the first bullet. They already have your CV don't they? so why ask rhetoric questions?
u v to defend everything on ur cv to them verbally not jus on paper
Re: A Simple Formula For Answering "Tell Me About Yourself" by Izecson3D(m): 8:34am On Apr 06, 2016
Zlatan ibrahimovic dad is called Zlatan jnr. #justibra
Re: A Simple Formula For Answering "Tell Me About Yourself" by BISolutionsng: 9:42am On Apr 06, 2016
Agubushmenyo:
That's all for now sir!!
Present,Past,Future!

Hello,
Can we share your reply on our website www.biempowerment.com, we will give credit to you. Many thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: A Simple Formula For Answering "Tell Me About Yourself" by Nixiepie(f): 10:37am On Apr 06, 2016
That question bore the shiiiit out of me

1 Like

Re: A Simple Formula For Answering "Tell Me About Yourself" by 0955eb027(m): 10:43am On Apr 06, 2016
And i'm gonna have to answer this question tomorrow. May GOD help me. Guys, please what's the best way to answer the question, if one is being interviewed in a bank?

1 Like

Re: A Simple Formula For Answering "Tell Me About Yourself" by stainlesstan: 10:50am On Apr 06, 2016
Visit. http://biempowerment.com/ for interview tips, thanks.
Nixiepie:
That question bore the shiiiit out of me
Re: A Simple Formula For Answering "Tell Me About Yourself" by stainlesstan: 10:51am On Apr 06, 2016
Visit, http://biempowerment.com/ for interview tips, thanks
0955eb027:
And i'm gonna have to answer this question tomorrow. May GOD help me. Guys, please what's the best way to answer the question, if one is being interviewed in a bank?

(1) (Reply)

Just Got To Know Etisalat Is Recruiting Sim Registration Officers / KUDI Assessment. / Skye Bank Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.