Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

How To Apply For YESGRant In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Apply For YESGRant In Nigeria (15634 Views)

How To Apply For The 2017 NIIT Nigeria 18th National Scholarship / Do You Want To Apply For Peace Corps Of Nigeria? You Must Read This / How To Apply NNPC 2017 Job Recruitment - Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Apply For YESGRant In Nigeria by study4free(m): 2:59pm On Apr 05, 2016
1000 Nigerian Youths To Receive N500 Million Grant For Startup

Over 1000 Nigerians will be beneficiaries of N500Million Naira Grant seed capital set aside for young Nigerian entrepreneurs and students in 2016.

This was disclosed this during the launch of the YESGrant Scheme by the Nigerian Young Professionals Forum (NYPF) with Heritage Bank, which took place recently at the Four Point Hotel in Lagos, Nigeria.

The event, which was very well attended by dignitaries, including representatives from the Nigerian University Commission (NUC), National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), as well as captains of industries and top government functionaries is part of efforts to grow more indigenous entrepreneurs among young Nigerians and deliberately create over 50,000 jobs in the next 5 years of the program circle.

Speaking during the launch, Chairman of the Nigerian Young Professionals Forum (NYPF), Moses Siloko Siasia, said he was inspired by the big impact small businesses can have on the economy and that was why the grant was created to provide incubator support to enable young entrepreneurial postulants with creative ideas in Agriculture, ICT and creative economy start or expand their business concepts in those areas.

“I have built businesses from the scratch and I understand the challenges people face and that is why I am optimistic that if given the necessary support, young Nigerians will not only grow the Nigerian economy, they will completely revolutionize it”.

Speaking also, the Managing Director of Heritage Bank, who was represented by the Head of Marketing Strategy Mr Obioma Emenike said he was optimistic that the initiative would lead to start ups and give a boost to economic growth and issued a call out to entrepreneurs to use their network to encourage their friends and colleagues apply for it.

The YESGrant will provide business training for up to 600 aspiring young entrepreneurs spread across all geo-political zones in Nigeria and will encourage expansion, specialization and spin-offs of existing businesses, which is to enable young entrepreneurs access a wide business professional network and improve their visibility, while entrepreneurs will receive up to 2million Naira annually as grant.

The YESGrant is to enable Nigerian students with extreme financial need pursue their academic dreams and aspiration in the areas of research and technological/scientific innovation and it will also help low income and disadvantage students with their tuition of which over 500 students will benefit from this year’s grant .

Furthermore, Students studying in Nigeria will receive up to 500,000 (Five Hundred Thousand Naira) while those studying in the United Kingdom will receive up to 3,000pounds and those studying in the United States will receive up to 5,000dollars annually as grant.

How To Apply For YESGRant in Nigeria

To apply for the YESGrant available at http://www.yesgrant.com/ prospective recipients must be between the ages of 18- 40, be registered members of the Nigerian Young Professionals Forum (NYPF) and have an account with Heritage Bank prior to the disbursement of the funds in August 2016. Student’s award recipients must in addition provide their matriculation number and academic progression report.

NB : Application closes 15th June, 2016.

http://study4free.com.ng/1000-nigerian-youth-to-receive-n500-million-naira-grant-for-startup/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Apply For YESGRant In Nigeria by cnwokike(m): 5:14pm On Apr 05, 2016
ftc

Modified....

The guy below below me should be careful before I send my dog to him..

5 Likes

Re: How To Apply For YESGRant In Nigeria by banme1(m): 5:14pm On Apr 05, 2016
Mods take down this guy above me and slot me in. BTW I hope the grant won't be shared among the children of "don't u know his father"?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Apply For YESGRant In Nigeria by herboshedhe(f): 5:14pm On Apr 05, 2016
Ok na...no problem oooogrin
Re: How To Apply For YESGRant In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 05, 2016
K
Re: How To Apply For YESGRant In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 05, 2016
How do they want to employ unemployed graduates still they're mearnt to pay some money...I think this should rather be termed as fraud instead of grants or whatever name it's called kiss

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Apply For YESGRant In Nigeria by Festysnow: 5:14pm On Apr 05, 2016
Nice, but with the way some youths reason nowadays, i only hope they would put the money to good use.

1 Like

Re: How To Apply For YESGRant In Nigeria by Proulyzoogerian: 5:15pm On Apr 05, 2016
F
Re: How To Apply For YESGRant In Nigeria by mrkings84(m): 5:15pm On Apr 05, 2016
Gud, this was my closest opportunity to ftc. I read the first paragraph before discovering that i should comment, and here i am....

1 Like

Re: How To Apply For YESGRant In Nigeria by Qmerit(m): 5:15pm On Apr 05, 2016
What is the hidden charges ohh??
Opt to be a nice one but am afraid in naija things don't just go that way...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Apply For YESGRant In Nigeria by repogirl(f): 5:16pm On Apr 05, 2016
Second time on FP in two weeks......okay, guess the hustle is real. grin

1 Like

Re: How To Apply For YESGRant In Nigeria by simongonner: 5:16pm On Apr 05, 2016
nice one
Re: How To Apply For YESGRant In Nigeria by TPAND(f): 5:16pm On Apr 05, 2016
NYPF is a scam. I know these guys well

3 Likes

Re: How To Apply For YESGRant In Nigeria by Gluckdude(m): 5:16pm On Apr 05, 2016
What are the criteria, im i supose to just open an account with the bank and register with their agency.... and get a loan? can someone explain better please.
Re: How To Apply For YESGRant In Nigeria by corperscorner: 5:17pm On Apr 05, 2016
[size=15pt]Na only Mumu no go knw say na loan.

You'll payback with over 20% interest. Scam[/size]

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Apply For YESGRant In Nigeria by Exxit(m): 5:17pm On Apr 05, 2016
That's why I like Eminem songs
Re: How To Apply For YESGRant In Nigeria by Yeecar(m): 5:17pm On Apr 05, 2016
Nice initiative.
Re: How To Apply For YESGRant In Nigeria by deedat205(m): 5:18pm On Apr 05, 2016
Finally we are moving ahead

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Apply For YESGRant In Nigeria by tonio2wo: 5:20pm On Apr 05, 2016
deedat205:
U don collect ur own?

1 Like

Re: How To Apply For YESGRant In Nigeria by corperscorner: 5:21pm On Apr 05, 2016
deedat205:

I no pity you..
Re: How To Apply For YESGRant In Nigeria by Henryjr(m): 5:23pm On Apr 05, 2016
moses siloko siasia..thumb up

I just like this dude, still angry bayelsans didn't voted for him to b gov of d state
Re: How To Apply For YESGRant In Nigeria by Pavore9: 5:24pm On Apr 05, 2016
Nice initiative.
Re: How To Apply For YESGRant In Nigeria by bisi16(m): 5:25pm On Apr 05, 2016
SCAM!!! As in, big SCAM!!!! Loan that requires me to pay 20k to be member of 1 yeye body

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Apply For YESGRant In Nigeria by SeunOdumusi(m): 5:26pm On Apr 05, 2016
Nice one!
Re: How To Apply For YESGRant In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 05, 2016
this guys are thieves in disguise, what is the meaning of this, paying 10k and 20k for what? I said it this government is good at take and promise to give.Naija we hail thee!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Apply For YESGRant In Nigeria by tollytexy(m): 5:31pm On Apr 05, 2016
Uncle plz tell us anoda story

3 Likes

Re: How To Apply For YESGRant In Nigeria by dav8id(m): 5:33pm On Apr 05, 2016
why people are calling this scam

anyway..those the grant only meant for student? or individual can also benefit
Re: How To Apply For YESGRant In Nigeria by holluwai(m): 5:35pm On Apr 05, 2016
How me fit take collect? 100 don do me
Re: How To Apply For YESGRant In Nigeria by ShowYourCertificate: 5:36pm On Apr 05, 2016
They want to copy YOUWIN.......lol

Allow a dullard to copy from a genius, that dullard would still fail.........fact.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Apply For YESGRant In Nigeria by izzy4shizzy(m): 5:36pm On Apr 05, 2016
Re: How To Apply For YESGRant In Nigeria by Ademat7(m): 5:40pm On Apr 05, 2016
in this harsh economic environment? don't be surprised when some beneficiary cannot repay the loan because theory in Biz plan is different from reality.quote me!

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Electricity Workers Protest Over Non-Payment Of Salary In Lagos (Photos) / Lawyer Reveals How The Husband Of A Woman Employed By His Late Dad, Employed Him / Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.