Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

Is There Hope For Third Class Graduates In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is There Hope For Third Class Graduates In Nigeria (18128 Views)

Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. / YES! There Is Hope For 2.2 And Third Class Grads: Job Hunting Tips / They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Hope For Third Class Graduates In Nigeria by nomso1(m): 2:59pm On Jul 30, 2009
cry cry cry third cass graduates are crying bitterly on their past mistakes and the present consequences that they are bearing now. can there be hope for the bewildered ones in this beloved nation. imagine begging sum1 of help about ur predicament and the person is blasting insults on ur face bcoz u are jobless and hopeless. sumone can belittle u bcoz of ur third class degree. it is beta to stay on ur own.
Re: Is There Hope For Third Class Graduates In Nigeria by kolitos007: 3:44pm On Jul 30, 2009
Damn, just a question, did this happen to you? Cause you sound really bitter about it.
Re: Is There Hope For Third Class Graduates In Nigeria by nomso1(m): 3:55pm On Jul 30, 2009
kolitos007:

Damn, just a question, did this happen to you? Cause you sound really bitter about it.

i believe a great thing will happen coz am so confused of what to do about it
Re: Is There Hope For Third Class Graduates In Nigeria by noetic2: 3:58pm On Jul 30, 2009
nomso1:

i believe a great thing will happen coz am so confused of what to do about it

have u considered doing ur masters?
Re: Is There Hope For Third Class Graduates In Nigeria by kolitos007: 4:01pm On Jul 30, 2009
noetic2:

have u considered doing ur masters?

Well the sad thing with this is the fact that you may struggle to get good masters with third class, but people this days take on courses to help, just because you finished with third class, that does not mean you won't be good in doing a job, it must be hard though, but you got to keep fighting.
Re: Is There Hope For Third Class Graduates In Nigeria by whassup: 6:43pm On Jul 30, 2009
is it no u want for aqn answer or yes.then work on urself
Re: Is There Hope For Third Class Graduates In Nigeria by chukje2002: 9:44am On Jul 31, 2009
there is hope dear i graduated with third ( class hon) and i hav a professional master degree from university of ibadan . thank god today very firm want u to work for them as an actuary which i m left with matter of chioce and any actuarial valuation i work on worth more than half a million for just 3 wks dont count urself low u are equal to the task work on urself . good luck
Re: Is There Hope For Third Class Graduates In Nigeria by phemi4: 10:13am On Jul 31, 2009
Guy I Engineer Femi the CEO and MD of ADEPHEX SERVICES, i graduated with 3rd class original with serious prayers for them to just let me go
I served in one bush in Cross river and i make up my mind not to be tired with my grade i started selling ICT stuff and u know we are not many in the state as a whole in the field that is good. so i became a known name in all the local gov Hq as i am always going from one place to another fixing pc's and i have no money to start bizz but after some time i will collect ur money get the sturf for u and u balance me on delivery.
with the fact that computer village pple wants money i start geting credit facilities.and now i have finished service am still there runing things with a registered company in my name and with staffs that i employ
i have not gone home since April 21 2008 that i left for cross river for NYSC and i finished 26 february 2009, because my fone is always ringing
to hear more call
07035242731 or email phemi4@yahoo.com, adephexservices@yahoo.com
so do not give up
Re: Is There Hope For Third Class Graduates In Nigeria by owolo(m): 4:57pm On Jul 31, 2009
THERE IS BIG HOPE FOR YOU. THE ONLY THING IS THAT YOU HAVE TO DEVELOP YOURSELF. YOU WILL BE VERY LUCKY IF YOU ARE AN ENGINEER. AS A MECHANICAL ENGINEER YOU CAN BE TRAINED AS A QA/QC OFFICER, SAFETY OFFICER, AUTOCAD SPECILIST IN THE AREA OF PIPING ETC. IF YOU ARE ABLE TO ACQUIRE ANY OF THESE TRAININGS, YOU WILL BE BETTER THAN ANY FIRST CLASS WITHOUT TRAINING. BESIDES MOST COMPANIES ARE NOT LOOKING FOR PEOPLE TO TRAIN RATHER THEY ARE LOOKING FOR TRAINED PROFESSIONALS.

I HAVE ATTENDED INTERVIEWS IN WHICH FIRST CLASS AND MASTERS DEGREE HOLDERS COULD NOT MATCH ME EVEN WHEN MY GRADE IS AVERAGE. THE SECRET WAS THAT I HAVE ACQUIRED MORE SKILLS THAN THEM.

THE OTHER THING IS THAT YOU SHOULD PRAY ALSO FOR GOD'S FAVOUR AND MERCY, THE SKY WILL BE YOU LIMIT AND YOU WILL SECURE JOB EVEN BEFORE A FIRST CLASS APPLICANTS.
Re: Is There Hope For Third Class Graduates In Nigeria by drlokobi7: 6:17pm On Jul 31, 2009
u jst cry unto God for mercy because with God all things are possible,dont be afraid of ur Third Class because if God wants to bless He does not look on ur grade.Do u knw that my Gov graduated with PASS 4rm Uniport but today is a Governor,let me ask u a question,how many first class are governors today in Nigeria?pls dont be depress because ur my God is not a God of degree but He is God over do because if u position urself first class will work for u,may be u can call me on this number-08038733817-LUCAS, so that i can preach the Word to u,Godbless u.
Re: Is There Hope For Third Class Graduates In Nigeria by nomso1(m): 8:14pm On Aug 05, 2009
phemi4:

Guy I Engineer Femi the CEO and MD of ADEPHEX SERVICES, i graduated with 3rd class original with serious prayers for them to just let me go
I served in one bush in Cross river and i make up my mind not to be tired with my grade i started selling ICT stuff and u know we are not many in the state as a whole in the field that is good. so i became a known name in all the local gov Hq as i am always going from one place to another fixing pc's and i have no money to start bizz but after some time i will collect ur money get the sturf for u and u balance me on delivery.
with the fact that computer village pple wants money i start geting credit facilities.and now i have finished service am still there runing things with a registered company in my name and with staffs that i employ
i have not gone home since April 21 2008 that i left for cross river for NYSC and i finished 26 february 2009, because my fone is always ringing
to hear more call
07035242731 or email phemi4@yahoo.com, adephexservices@yahoo.com
so do not give up
i am really touched by ur message. i will give u a call soon
whass up:

is it no u want for aqn answer or yes.then work on urself
am trying to recuperate from the experience. i read economics and have registered for ACCA professional exams. but i have been wondering if it can be a buffer to the third class or masters
Re: Is There Hope For Third Class Graduates In Nigeria by baslone: 11:15pm On Aug 06, 2009
70% of my Engineering class graduated with third class.
Peeping back 5years now and comparing almost everyone's
progress amongst each other. Men!!!, those papers dont mean
sh*t.

Have faith, believe in your self and stay strong. The sky's your limit.[i][/i]
Re: Is There Hope For Third Class Graduates In Nigeria by rman: 6:07pm On Aug 07, 2009
Don't allow negative thoughts flood your mind. I studied engineerig and in my class some of the 3rd class graduates are currently working in the following company.
Interswitch, CrestTech(oil and gas servicing), MTN, CAT, VIRGIN, ECO BANK etc
Try and develop yourself in areas you will like to have a career. When the opportunity comes, demostrate to the prospective employer that you are better than what your paper says. The rest will be history. Lastly, PRAY, a little luck won't hurt. Cheers.
Re: Is There Hope For Third Class Graduates In Nigeria by Fostercat(m): 9:15am On Oct 09, 2009
do not loose hope.i v a frd dat graduated with 3rd class.she is doin well in road safety
Re: Is There Hope For Third Class Graduates In Nigeria by Taiw(m): 3:20pm On Oct 10, 2009
you are getting it wrong.A degree is just like a stepping stone for you i.e to make you discover yourself(your ability).that is why you spent 4 or more years in school.the certificate will not bring food to your table.it only determines your worth.what will actually bring in money is what you can do,your ability to solve problems,ideas and hardwork.if you can't do any of this then forget it.you have to be prayerful so that opportuninities will come so that you can acually prove yourself.what is the usefulness of a first class graduate that is not productive.so work on yourself or acquire skills.Remember that Bill Gate was a drop out,Dangote did not go to school, and wole Soyinka came out with 3rd class or pass from ibadan. You have to believe in your self.you may reach me on 08060430349 for more,

1 Like

Re: Is There Hope For Third Class Graduates In Nigeria by MexyMe: 12:37pm On Oct 12, 2009
Hi Nomso1,

Everyone has practically said everything you need to know.Please keep your head up and fight the war within you that is telling you that you have a third class ok.Its so sad that are companies here in Nigeria wouldnt want to give third class people a chance to prove themselves. Nomso please keep on talking to GOD for his assistance cos i know that something good will definitely come out when you ask.GOD BLESS YOU MY BRODA

2 Likes

Re: Is There Hope For Third Class Graduates In Nigeria by HERO111: 4:00pm On Oct 12, 2009
Hi peeps,
My mind has being panicking too over my kid brother who studied geophysics and passed out wit third class still serving right now though. please what training can he have in the filed to better his chances of getting a good job even with his 3rd class. am waiting anxiously cos he will soon be out of service. please help.
thanks a lot
Re: Is There Hope For Third Class Graduates In Nigeria by russellino: 2:33pm On Oct 13, 2009
The future is very bright, there's nothing God cannot do. The challenge to most ppl with third class degrees is that they target established companies or industries whether or not it applies to their discipline or profession and such companies stick religiously to their misguided standards of 2:1 or 2:2 only. If you studied geography or law or whatever its important to find a related firm. most times they pay shitty salaries but YOU WILL LEARN & GET EXPERIENCE which after sometime becomes as important as a 2:1 or 2:2 and you can get a good place that values results.
Re: Is There Hope For Third Class Graduates In Nigeria by Dunddy(m): 7:17pm On Oct 13, 2009
i had a 2.2 and got a job as a CSM 5 months into my service in the state where i never served at all.

accepted, it must be very HARD at the beginning cos evn people wih better grades arent given the audience but what counts is the YOU.
what have you got to offer?
it's go to do with the aura around you.
work hard at improving yourself, work on your interrelationship skills, polish your english and gestures and most importantly, be sure of yourself.
Re: Is There Hope For Third Class Graduates In Nigeria by ebido: 2:33pm On Oct 14, 2009
nothing pass God.2.1 and 1 class neva hammer finish
Re: Is There Hope For Third Class Graduates In Nigeria by Kafancha: 2:26pm On Oct 15, 2009
Never say never. My room-mate in school graduated with a third class in mechanical engineering after spending additional three years in the university(5+3) in ATBU, Bauchi. Today he is now a lieutenant in the the Nigerian Army since 2007. You can make it.
Re: Is There Hope For Third Class Graduates In Nigeria by toluxa1(m): 12:00am On Aug 16, 2011
This thread and this forum is a source of hope to many.
Re: Is There Hope For Third Class Graduates In Nigeria by colouring: 6:00pm On Aug 16, 2011
Most organisations overrely on paper certificates and this is a very wrong practice. Its relatively easier for a 2-1 or 1st class to grab entry-level job placements. However, a 3rd class graduate need to do some catchup such as Postgraduate studies, informal skills acquisition, gaining experience in a low-paying organisation, etc.
One of my friends graduated with a 3rd class in Mechanical Engineering and he joined a local mechanic workshop to gain hands-on-experience for 3 years and before you know it he was gainfully employed by a Multi-national car dealer as a technical supervisor. Upon joining the company, the guy was taken abroad for training on automobiles and he is currently okay financially.
LOSE NOT HOPE AND BELIEVE YOU CAN.
Re: Is There Hope For Third Class Graduates In Nigeria by colouring: 6:02pm On Aug 16, 2011
Most organisations overrely on paper certificates and this is a very wrong practice. Its relatively easier for a 2-1 or 1st class to grab entry-level job placements. However, a 3rd class graduate need to do some catchup such as Postgraduate studies, informal skills acquisition, gaining experience in a low-paying organisation, etc.
One of my friends graduated with a 3rd class in Mechanical Engineering and he joined a local mechanic workshop to gain hands-on-experience for 3 years and before you know it he was gainfully employed by a Multi-national car dealer as a technical supervisor. Upon joining the company, the guy was taken abroad for training on automobiles and he is currently okay financially.
LOSE NOT HOPE AND BELIEVE YOU CAN.
Re: Is There Hope For Third Class Graduates In Nigeria by Jayjey(m): 10:42pm On Aug 17, 2011
]The mere fact you graduated with a third class doesn't limit you to not getting a job. i happened to train a third class graduate of chemistry and he is today a management staff at Obajana Cement Plc that is acclaim to be the biggest cement company in west africa own Dangote. he favourably competed with graduates of better grade just because he has vast experience in Quality control. he was trained as a public analyst prior to getting a better offer with Obajana and he was further trained in Denmark. he is doing very well and he much relevant and thus not a push over. he was better than other trainees under me. he only spent nine months, he was just six month old at home as an applicant before he got the offer. my brother the sky is the limit when you aim higher. you should convert all seed of adversity to greater seed of benefit because i see it as a challenge and not a cause. the Lord is your shield and buckler. bless ya.

4 Likes

Re: Is There Hope For Third Class Graduates In Nigeria by mabelly: 3:52pm On Aug 18, 2011
i totally agree wit wat evri body has written. But i wil lyk 2play d evil guy. Lyk 2 ask u a question, hp ur nt among dos boys dat terrorised d peace of defenceless student and/or among dos dat considered dos dat read as dull and studip student. For In school, i used 2wish dat al dis boys terrorize wud pay dearly for their crimes. For to start wishing one well nw, wil b d use of double standard. But if urs is a case of victimization or carelessness, den i wil say u shud seriously consider wat has been written above. But if nt den i stil stand firm on my wish for ''dos boy''.on my wish for ''dos boy''.
Re: Is There Hope For Third Class Graduates In Nigeria by wizyfrenzy(m): 3:38pm On Aug 19, 2011
i guess most of the 3rd class are not really wat dey are assessed to be. A 1st class candidate i guess is gabbage in gabbage out GIGO,
2nd class upper same crammers, live wif existing,previous,but lack creativity
2nd class lower lesser crammers less of practical but maybe routine. More of wat their lecturers dont understand. Lecturers dont get ur perspective
3rd class are really changer n movers innovators dat build on existing of d world. Here lecturers dont understand ur perspective cos all dey want is GIGO

meaning our university lecturers are nt fit as whichever perspective ur student answer quest should and ought to be understood, wat a 1st class can do, i guess some 3rd class can really do betteri guess most of the 3rd class are not really wat dey are assessed to be. A 1st class candidate i guess is gabbage in gabbage out GIGO,
2nd class upper same crammers, live wif existing,previous,but lack creativity
2nd class lower lesser crammers less of practical but maybe routine. More of wat their lecturers dont understand. Lecturers dont get ur perspective
3rd class are really changer n movers innovators dat build on existing of d world. Here lecturers dont understand ur perspective cos all dey want is GIGO

meaning our university lecturers are nt fit as whichever perspective ur student answer quest should and ought to be understood, wat a 1st class can do, i guess some 3rd class can really do better
Re: Is There Hope For Third Class Graduates In Nigeria by Ihategirls(m): 10:55pm On Aug 19, 2011
Well i think some companies employ 3rd class Graduates.
Re: Is There Hope For Third Class Graduates In Nigeria by jamesbaba: 10:03am On Aug 23, 2011
Well there is hope for you in HEAVEN,
wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Job Should I Pick? / Multiple Job Openings At UNICEF Nigeria / Npower Message To Participants That Are Yet To Receive December And January

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.