Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,828 members, 7,802,649 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

Photo: How To Identify Poisonous And Non-poisonous Snake. - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Photo: How To Identify Poisonous And Non-poisonous Snake. (3532 Views)

I Killed This Poisonous Thing In My Room By 3am And I Don't Know It's Name(pics) / Huge 8-foot Poisonous Snake Found Inside A Toilet Of Apartment (photos) / PHOTO: How True Is This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photo: How To Identify Poisonous And Non-poisonous Snake. by Misterpaul(m): 2:18pm On Apr 06, 2016
As we all know, the rainy season is here and alot of creeping and crawling animals are usually seen around at this time.

This picture is to show that not all snakes are poisonous. But i know it still won't stop nairalanders from killing anything that looks like snake with the aim of uploading it on nairaland and before u knw it, lalasticlala abi nah obinoscopy done carry am go front page.

But, to be honest, even me self will not see a snake and start checking for all these things before i smash it with any available object.Lol.

Re: Photo: How To Identify Poisonous And Non-poisonous Snake. by Marinza(m): 2:21pm On Apr 06, 2016
Okay thank you, I will check all those after smashing the head. I can't shout

15 Likes

Re: Photo: How To Identify Poisonous And Non-poisonous Snake. by YorubaWoman: 2:33pm On Apr 06, 2016
so you dey expect me to check its mouth and belly before killing undecided

Ok!

1 Like

Re: Photo: How To Identify Poisonous And Non-poisonous Snake. by ephemm(m): 2:36pm On Apr 06, 2016
Who is going to wait to check the shape of a snake's head or its fangs before killing it or running away?

Only u OP, only you o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photo: How To Identify Poisonous And Non-poisonous Snake. by BLINGZ88: 2:40pm On Apr 06, 2016
Re: Photo: How To Identify Poisonous And Non-poisonous Snake. by BLINGZ88: 2:40pm On Apr 06, 2016
I'm guessing this will b moved to FP cos I heard that d mods love anything snake
Re: Photo: How To Identify Poisonous And Non-poisonous Snake. by OurSchoolNews: 2:49pm On Apr 06, 2016
Lol, So there is snakes that are non poisonous?
Re: Photo: How To Identify Poisonous And Non-poisonous Snake. by xender(m): 2:59pm On Apr 06, 2016
before you find difference ,the poisonous one go don bite you .

I will still kill any snake I see except it's vomiting fuwel .

2 Likes

Re: Photo: How To Identify Poisonous And Non-poisonous Snake. by Nobody: 3:01pm On Apr 06, 2016
But where is lalasticlala sef

This is a subject of interest and would affect the lives of NLders to a large extent shocked

I wish we can have an expression that describes poisonous politicians and non-poisonous politicians. At least we are guided accordingly...
Re: Photo: How To Identify Poisonous And Non-poisonous Snake. by Misterpaul(m): 3:02pm On Apr 06, 2016
ephemm:
Who is going to wait to check the shape of a snake's head or its fangs before killing it or running away?

Only u OP, only you o

Lol..u can quickly do dat within few seconds, u have to stay calm.
Re: Photo: How To Identify Poisonous And Non-poisonous Snake. by Jayboltz(m): 3:03pm On Apr 06, 2016
By d time u finish de observe snake to know wether or not its poisonous..u dn give d snake ursef as confam meal
Re: Photo: How To Identify Poisonous And Non-poisonous Snake. by Misterpaul(m): 3:07pm On Apr 06, 2016
YorubaWoman:

Ok!

Lol..u fit jst tell d snake to excuse u, that u want to check sumtin frm it mouth.
Re: Photo: How To Identify Poisonous And Non-poisonous Snake. by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 06, 2016
Snake na snake o. Wetin concern my kondo with head shape. Na smashing straight

1 Like

Re: Photo: How To Identify Poisonous And Non-poisonous Snake. by Fxwarrior: 3:34pm On Apr 06, 2016
Jerusalem here I come!
Re: Photo: How To Identify Poisonous And Non-poisonous Snake. by kalimera101: 4:18pm On Apr 06, 2016
The triangular head is just the head of vipers. Mamba and Cobra have rounded heads and are among the most venomous snakes in the world.

Best thing is to eliminate it or run.
if you follow this picture, you'll just die
Re: Photo: How To Identify Poisonous And Non-poisonous Snake. by prahcetomi(m): 4:32pm On Apr 06, 2016
You better kill any snake you see..mi ole fiku sere o
Re: Photo: How To Identify Poisonous And Non-poisonous Snake. by agrovick(m): 5:05pm On Apr 06, 2016
YorubaWoman:

Ok!
Jesu! The wonders of snake, just look at the way you abandoned your preferred language of
Re: Photo: How To Identify Poisonous And Non-poisonous Snake. by Tallesty1(m): 5:15pm On Apr 06, 2016
Every snake is poisonous and delicious.
Re: Photo: How To Identify Poisonous And Non-poisonous Snake. by Iamlordgee(m): 5:21pm On Apr 06, 2016
Abegiii.. Black Mamba head nor round? Ehn..
Re: Photo: How To Identify Poisonous And Non-poisonous Snake. by slinkman(m): 5:30pm On Apr 06, 2016
Front page e dey go live
Re: Photo: How To Identify Poisonous And Non-poisonous Snake. by viyon02: 6:12pm On Apr 06, 2016
ok nice info.
Re: Photo: How To Identify Poisonous And Non-poisonous Snake. by LOVEGINO(m): 6:59pm On Apr 06, 2016
Misterpaul:
As we all know, the rainy season is here and alot of creeping and crawling animals are usually seen around at this time.

This picture is to show that not all snakes are poisonous. But i know it still won't stop nairalanders from killing anything that looks like snake with the aim of uploading it on nairaland and before u knw it, lalasticlala abi nah obinoscopy done carry am go front page.

But, to be honest, even me self will not see a snake and start checking for all these things before i smash it with any available object.Lol.
my dear snake na snake! I no dey go there lipsrsealed
Re: Photo: How To Identify Poisonous And Non-poisonous Snake. by PresidentT(m): 7:17pm On Apr 06, 2016
@Op snakes are either venomous or non-venomous. No snake is poisonous. "Ji je ni gbo gbo ejo"l
Re: Photo: How To Identify Poisonous And Non-poisonous Snake. by sirTesco(m): 7:18pm On Apr 06, 2016
This ur post nor go reach FP as e be say u don take style insult d mods. Kill all creeping things. Safety first
Re: Photo: How To Identify Poisonous And Non-poisonous Snake. by Idydarling(f): 7:38pm On Apr 06, 2016
iyaff heard u
Re: Photo: How To Identify Poisonous And Non-poisonous Snake. by saveall: 7:54pm On Apr 06, 2016
Lol, who wants to wait and look out for all this features. Kill it or run, no story else even the gods will blame ya.
Re: Photo: How To Identify Poisonous And Non-poisonous Snake. by mikaj(m): 7:59pm On Apr 06, 2016
stupidity is when you see a snake at night in ogbodo Nigeria and stand to make analysis.. The gods will surely flog you

1 Like

Re: Photo: How To Identify Poisonous And Non-poisonous Snake. by mankan2k7(m): 8:19pm On Apr 06, 2016
Kill every snake, it deceived our fore fathers

If not for that useless snake, how Bubu go take scam me with change
Re: Photo: How To Identify Poisonous And Non-poisonous Snake. by anangboy(m): 8:22pm On Apr 06, 2016
OP, while the intent of your thread is well appreciated, technically, there is no such thing as poisonous snakes. Rather, we have venomous snakes.

Poisonous refers to an object that is toxic if you touch it or eat it but venomous refers to an object that injects toxin to subdue or in self-defence.

The delivery system is what tells them apart.
Re: Photo: How To Identify Poisonous And Non-poisonous Snake. by Misterpaul(m): 9:02am On Apr 07, 2016
anangboy:
OP, while the intent of your thread is well appreciated, technically, there is no such thing as poisonous snakes. Rather, we have venomous snakes.

Poisonous refers to an object that is toxic if you touch it or eat it but venomous refers to an object that injects toxin to subdue or in self-defence.

The delivery system is what tells them apart.

I don't think it is wrong to use the word "poisonous" if we consider the dictionary meaning of the word.

Venom as we know is a poison when it hit d blood stream. And any snake that produces these poison can be referred to as a poisonous snake.

Re: Photo: How To Identify Poisonous And Non-poisonous Snake. by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 07, 2016
OurSchoolNews:
Lol, So there is snakes that are non poisonous?
Listen to yourself.

The ironic thing is that your moniker includes school
Re: Photo: How To Identify Poisonous And Non-poisonous Snake. by Happywoman(f): 12:11am On Apr 09, 2016
Anoda snake post.
It will hit FP for sure.
Make we even download full natgeo documentary on snakes sef

(1) (2) (Reply)

Surveillance Electronic Mosquito / Extra Padded Backpack - Laptop Bag for Work or School N4,000 PIN:7E0374C0 / Make Money With Hacked Creditcard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.