Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

All To Avoid Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / All To Avoid Church (2667 Views)

5 Things To Avoid When Evangelizing/sharing The Gospel / Four Funny Excuses People Give To Avoid Church Services / Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

All To Avoid Church by Horus(m): 10:11pm On Jul 30, 2009
[flash=450,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YArlFKDFq6Y[/flash]

[size=15pt]Boy, 7, steals his father's car and becomes involved in a 40mph police chase,  all to avoid church[/size]

By Mail Foreign Service
30th July 2009

A boy of seven in the US was so desperate to avoid going to church he stole his father's car and sped off - leading police on a wild chase. Dispatchers received reports of a child driving recklessly . Weber County Sheriff's Capt. Klint Anderson says one witness said the boy drove through a stop sign. Anderson says two deputies caught up with the boy and tried unsuccessfully to stop the Dodge Intrepid in an area about 45 miles north of Salt Lake City. A police officer chases after the youngster as he scampers towards the family home. The youngster ran through a stop sign and almost smashed into another vehicle.The car reached 40 mph before the boy stopped in a driveway and ran inside a home. Video taken from the dashboard of a police car in pursuit shows the lad pulling up in his driveway, then jumping out of the car and running at top speed indoors. An officer can then be seen giving chase. Anderson says when the boy's father later confronted him, the boy said he didn't want to go to church. The boy is too young to prosecute and no citations were issued, although police did urge the father to make his car keys more inaccessible to children.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1203271/Boy-7-steals-fathers-car-gets-involved-police-chase--avoid-church.html
Re: All To Avoid Church by Kunbee: 10:42pm On Jul 30, 2009
Omo buruku
Re: All To Avoid Church by oyinda3(f): 1:58am On Jul 31, 2009
omg this is toooo hilarious!!!! that church needs to fire the youth leader
Re: All To Avoid Church by Nobody: 6:07am On Jul 31, 2009
wonder what he'll do to avoid school.
Re: All To Avoid Church by Tudor6(f): 9:08am On Jul 31, 2009
What a wise boy. . . .
Wish i knew the truth that church and jesus were all a bunch of shite at such an early age.
Re: All To Avoid Church by Horus(m): 11:14am On Jul 31, 2009
Tudór:

What a wise boy. . . .
Wish i knew the truth that church and jesus were all a bunch of shite at such an early age.

This is a very clever boy, at 7 he know that christianity is fake.
Re: All To Avoid Church by jagunlabi(m): 11:33am On Jul 31, 2009
I saw the fakery in that religion much earlier than that.
Horus:

This is a very clever boy, at 7 he know that christianity is fake.
Re: All To Avoid Church by jagunlabi(m): 11:34am On Jul 31, 2009
Omo to sharp.
Kunbee:

Omo buruku
Re: All To Avoid Church by JIL(m): 11:53am On Jul 31, 2009
Are you saying the boy is smarter than his dad who decided to take him to church? The fact that most children will do anything to avoid going to school or even taking medication when they are unwell does not mean its bad for them. These atheists will never cease to amaze me. They use any situation to justify their unbelief but deep inside they envy those who put their faith in God.
Re: All To Avoid Church by Tudor6(f): 12:04pm On Jul 31, 2009
JIL:

Are you saying the boy is smarter than his dad who decided to take him to church? The fact that most children will do anything to avoid going to school or even taking medication when they are unwell does not mean its bad for them. These atheists will never cease to amaze me. They use any situation to justify their unbelief but deep inside they envy those who put their faith in God.
Like mazaje will say: one of the many lies the deluded christian would tell himself in order to sleep at night. . .i weep!
Re: All To Avoid Church by toneyb: 12:15pm On Jul 31, 2009
Tudór:

Like mazaje will say: one of the many lies the deluded christian would tell himself in order to sleep at night. . .i weep!

So true.
Re: All To Avoid Church by manmustwac(m): 2:21pm On Jul 31, 2009
He just wants to avoid being brainwashed, indoctrinated,  religious dogma, mind control etc smiley
Re: All To Avoid Church by JIL(m): 4:02pm On Jul 31, 2009
Tudór:

Tudor, no offense meant but you shall weep the more if you die in your current mindset. Eventually everyone will know whether God does really exists or not. Is just a matter of time Tudor, you will get there, notwitstanding what you spew on Nairaland or anywhere else for that matter. I hope you are looking forward to that day?
Re: All To Avoid Church by Tudor6(f): 4:47pm On Jul 31, 2009
JIL:

Tudor, no offense meant but you shall weep the more if you die in your current mindset. Eventually everyone will know whether God does really exists or not. Is just a matter of time Tudor, you will get there, notwitstanding what you spew on Nairaland or anywhere else for that matter. I hope you are looking forward to that day?
What day?
Over 2000 years and we're still waiting for the dead carpenter to return through the clouds. . . .he can crash between pluto and neptune for all i care!
Re: All To Avoid Church by toneyb: 4:51pm On Jul 31, 2009
JIL:

This is the only reason people believe in imaginary gods, FEAR. Just watch the transition, the tale started with believe in god or die immediately, then it changed to believe in god or suffer when you die. Since the bible has been shown to be wrong concerning things that people can check and verify like history, science and other stuff why accept its other claims regarding things that you can not verify like eternal life?

He knows exactly what will happen and this is nothing, if he is afraid like you he will never leave christianity in the first place.
Re: All To Avoid Church by posakosa(m): 5:47pm On Jul 31, 2009
Smart child! grin grin grin grin
Re: All To Avoid Church by JIL(m): 6:03pm On Jul 31, 2009
toneyb:

This is the only reason people believe in imaginary gods, FEAR. Just watch the transition, the tale started with believe in god or die immediately, then it changed to believe in god or suffer when you die. Since the bible has been shown to be wrong concerning things that people can check and verify like history, science and other stuff why accept its other claims regarding things that you can not verify like eternal life?

He knows exactly what will happen and this is nothing, if he is afraid like you he will never leave Christianity in the first place.

The fact that Tudor was a church-goer and decided to become an atheist is not a big deal. He wasn't a christian and has never been. You cannot be a real Christian, experience the presence of God and then later decide that He doesn't exist. There are thousands of more enlightened and educated people who have become Christians. The main reason people believe in God is not fear but FAITH. To correct you, there is no where the Bible has been proved to be wrong with regards to history or science.  Continue to remain in your deluded world.
Re: All To Avoid Church by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 31, 2009
JIL:

same bunch will think nothing of feeding a child hard drugs.

Not to mention this is why most of them end up following the most bizarre and psychotic beliefs at the end of the day. More bizarre than anything they originally claimed to be criticizing.

A 7 year old boy is who they say has more sense than them?  Are these people planning to become fathers someday?
Re: All To Avoid Church by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 31, 2009
although police did urge the father to make his car keys more inaccessible to children.

this is what I call common sense judgement.

The father should also not have taught his son how to drive a car. He's too young for that.
Re: All To Avoid Church by Tudor6(f): 7:07pm On Jul 31, 2009
tpia.:

this is what I call common sense judgement.

The father should also not have taught his son how to drive a car. He's too young for that.
i bet you've never heard of GTA and car racing games.
Nobody teaches 7 year old kids to drive
Re: All To Avoid Church by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 31, 2009
the guy is a very good driver at 7! shocked
Re: All To Avoid Church by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 31, 2009
Tudór:

i bet you've never heard of GTA and car racing games.
Nobody teaches 7 year old kids to drive

yes some people do teach their underage kids how to drive.
Re: All To Avoid Church by Horus(m): 8:08pm On Jul 31, 2009
JIL:

Are you saying the boy is smarter than his dad who decided to take him to church?

Yes this 7 years old boy is smarter than his dad who decided to take him to church, because he is showing his father that a 7 years olds boy have the right to have the choice to go or not to go to the church. This boy show his father that he should not presume that he has a moral obligation to have the same religious feelings that he do. Christianity should not be enforced on childrens.
Re: All To Avoid Church by skfa1: 8:16pm On Jul 31, 2009
Im amazed and shocked shocked
Re: All To Avoid Church by JIL(m): 9:19pm On Jul 31, 2009
Horus:

Yes this 7 years old boy is smarter than his dad who decided to take him to church, because he is showing his father that a 7 years olds boy have the right to have the choice to go or not to go to the church. This boy show his father that he should not presume that he has a moral obligation to have the same religious feelings that he do. Christianity should not be enforced on childrens.

If you sincerely believe that a 7 year old boy is smarter than his dad, then you are more deluded that I thought you were. Well, I shouldnt be surprised because anyone who is stupid enough to believe that there is no God would believe that chickens grow on trees. But an atheist can say or do anything to twist the truth to suit their warped thinking.
Re: All To Avoid Church by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 31, 2009
Horus:

your disapproval of Christianity doesnt mean you should throw away your common sense, for crying out loud.

Are you planning on becoming a father someday and is it your 7 year old son who will be telling you what to do? When you see the consequences, explain your philosophy to the judge oh.

There's a reason for the term "legally adult".
Re: All To Avoid Church by Tudor6(f): 8:05am On Aug 01, 2009
tpia.:

your disapproval of Christianity doesnt mean you should throw away your common sense, for crying out loud.

Are you planning on becoming a father someday and is it your 7 year old son who will be telling you what to do? When you see the consequences, explain your philosophy to the judge oh.

There's a reason for the term "legally adult".
What the hell are you blabbing about?
Horus tried to say when it's about RELIGION the child should be allowed to make his choice. . . .you don't force a kid to believe santa clause or the easter bunny for f.cks sake!
Re: All To Avoid Church by Horus(m): 2:38pm On Aug 01, 2009
JIL:

If you sincerely believe that a 7 year old boy is smarter than his dad, then you are more deluded that I thought you were. Well, I shouldnt be surprised because anyone who is stupid enough to believe that there is no God a 7 year old boyBut an atheist can say or do anything to twist the truth to suit their warped thinking.

No I didnt say a 7 year old boy, but this 7 year old boy, it is different.

anyone who is stupid enough to believe that there is no God

Believe?, no I never deal with beliefs but FACTS only. The fact is that the boy have the right to choose, and his father cannot force him to believe.
Re: All To Avoid Church by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 01, 2009
Tudór:

What the hell are you blabbing about?
Horus tried to say when it's about RELIGION the child should be allowed to make his choice. . . .you don't force a kid to believe santa clause or the easter bunny for f.cks sake!

you're too messed up to know where you're either going or coming from.

2 year old sef can direct you since you openly say you have no sense.

Check out are you smarter than a fifth grader.
Re: All To Avoid Church by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 01, 2009
Horus:

No I didnt say a 7 year old boy, but this 7 year old boy, it is different.

Believe?, no I never deal with beliefs but FACTS only. The fact is that the boy have the right to choose, and his father cannot force him to believe.

do you know the meaning of legally adult? Who is forcing him to believe anything? This isnt the first time a kid will take off in his father's car. Just because the boy used church as an excuse, doesnt make it right, or safe. Would you like to be hit by such a driver?

I do hope you're joking with your posts sha, because otherwise, I'm smh.
Re: All To Avoid Church by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 01, 2009
the boy eventually confessed the truth that he really just wanted to test how to drive a car. But i'm sure the salivating drones on these pages hailing the kid as "smart" didnt bother to follow-up the case.
Re: All To Avoid Church by banom(m): 8:14pm On Aug 01, 2009
tpia.:

you're too messed up to know where you're either going or coming from.

2 year old sef can direct you since you openly say you have no sense.

Check out are you smarter than a fifth grader.
@ tipia
Was it not at Five that you started your stupidity, so what is the difference ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I'm Losing My Faith In Christianity / I Saw The Lord Jesus Christ Smiling. / Atheist And A Christian In Danger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.