Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Benefits Of Breastfeeding To The Mother - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Benefits Of Breastfeeding To The Mother (633 Views)

Woman Injured In Taraba Explosion Breastfeeding Her Baby (Photo) / 103,742 Nigerian Children Die Annually Due To Lack Of Breastfeeding - UNICEF / Photo Of A Mother Smoking And Breastfeeding Her Baby At The Same Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benefits Of Breastfeeding To The Mother by DrAda(f): 9:33pm On Apr 06, 2016
Everyone talks about benefits of breastfeeding to the child but there are also some benefits to the mom who has chosen to breastfeed her child.

Remember that one episode on "Desperate Housewives" where one of the moms kept breastfeeding her child till age 5 years or so because it helped her to keep her figure? Yeah, that is one benefit of breastfeeding. As long as you maintain your regular diet, I guarantee you that your pre-pregnancy weight will bounce back in no time.

Breastfeeding fosters that bond between mother and child. You get that warm fuzzy feeling that you are doing the best for your baby by providing him with the best food a baby should ever get. Also, feel good hormones are been released when breastfeeding warding off depression associated with child birth.

It protects against ovarian and uterine cancer. It is still not clear how this happens but it has been established that breastfeeding does indeed protect against cancers.

It prevent bleeding after birth. Moms who breastfeed soon after birth will confirm a tightening sensation that occurs at the belly area during breastfeeding. That is the uterus contracting which helps to stop bleeding.

It reduces stress. Stress of making food, washing bottles, taking your child to hospital because of increased risk of infections and allergies when on artificial milk, financial costs of buying artificial milk, abdominal colic, chaos. Breastfeeding simply put, improves your quality of life and make the whole mothering experience beautiful and peaceful.

Finally, it is a natural contraceptive. It protects against getting pregnant for at least a year.

Wow, really, all moms should release those breasts from those sexy straps and start breastfeeding every infant that moves. Just kidding or am I?

Www.kiddiesmatters.com
Re: Benefits Of Breastfeeding To The Mother by homeboy205: 9:40pm On Apr 06, 2016
One major benefit I enjoy from my woman is the fact that breastfeed suppress her menstraution and she hasn't menstruate for over 8 months now since she gave birth. I know this isn't applicable to all women but she is one of the lucky woman which means all day Na RAW RAW RAW without the fear of pregnancy

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Breastfeeding To The Mother by DrAda(f): 10:08pm On Apr 06, 2016
homeboy205:
One major benefit I enjoy from my woman is the fact that breastfeed suppress her menstraution and she hasn't menstruate for over 8 months now since she gave birth. I know this isn't applicable to all women but she is one of the lucky woman which means all day Na RAW RAW RAW without the fear of pregnancy
I know... A friend of mine didn't see her menses for 2 years!! My experience with breastfeeding was that I lost weight like crazy with a flat tummy to boot. I didn't visit a hospital for at least a year except for Immunization. The money also saved from buying artificial milk etc was also a blessing. My shape is still intact, even better cos I can't remember ever having hips but now I do.
Re: Benefits Of Breastfeeding To The Mother by Vision4God: 11:25pm On Apr 06, 2016
Xcellent op.
Ds is educative
Re: Benefits Of Breastfeeding To The Mother by DrAda(f): 6:09am On Apr 07, 2016
Vision4God:
Xcellent op.
Ds is educative
Thank you. If you want to learn more... You can please visit my site www.kiddiesmatters.com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Kidney For Sell / Shocking Post Please Those Of You That Eat Roasted Chicken From Road Side After / Using The New Menstrual Cups Instead Of Tampons ‘can Improve Your Sex Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.