Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

Boko Haram Members With Poisoned Fish Arrested By Army - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Members With Poisoned Fish Arrested By Army (20817 Views)

Parents Storm Schools In Edo To Resist Alleged Immunization By Army(pics) / Emele Uduma Okemiri: Burial Poster Of A Man Shot Dead By Army In Aba / Boko Haram Crossing Sambisa Forest From Komala Killed Today By Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Members With Poisoned Fish Arrested By Army by emmalezy(m): 1:09pm On Apr 07, 2016

The Nigerian Army 3rd Brigade troops deployed on Operation Salama in Jigawa State North-West Nigeria have intercepted and destroyed poisoned fish allegedly brought to the region by suspected Boko Haram terrorists from Baga in Borno State.

Addressing reporters after the destruction, the Brigade Spokesperson with Headquarters in Kano, Captain Eze Ikechikwu, said that 11 suspected were being interrogated.

Following the repeated attacks on Boko Haram fighters by troops attached to Operation Lafiya Dole in the Northeast, Boko Haram is said to have devised another means of attacking members of the public through a sort of traditional biological weapon.

According to the Army Spokesperson, 80 bags of assorted poisoned fish was apprehended in Hadeja Local Government Area of Jigawa State with intent to sell it to unsuspected members of the public in the North West region.

Captain Eze said that after all the necessary examination on the fish, the Army found it poisonous, hence would not be allowed to enter markets in the region, stressing that 80,000 naira and 11 mobile phones were also recovered from the suspects.

Meanwhile, the Nigerian Army is urging members of the public to remain vigilant on most of the frozen fish they purchase from their respective markets to avoid being victims of Boko Haram’s innovative biological weapons.

He urged them to report suspicious food items to the nearest security formations.

http://www.channelstv.com/2016/04/06/army-arrests-suspected-boko-haram-members-poisoned-fish/

1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Members With Poisoned Fish Arrested By Army by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 07, 2016
Ok...how were the fish(es) tested for poison?

Pictures of the destruction of the fish and the burial or Adonbeliev it grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Members With Poisoned Fish Arrested By Army by Oblitz(m): 1:17pm On Apr 07, 2016
emmalezy:

The Nigerian Army 3rd Brigade troops in Jigawa State have intercepted and destroyed 80 bags of poisoned fish brought into the state by suspected Boko Haram terrorists from Baga in Borno State.

While disclosing this to newsmen, the Brigade Spokesperson, Captain Eze Ikechikwu, said the sect members were intercepted with the poisoned fish at Hadeja Local Government Area of Jigawa State with the intent to sell it to unsuspected members of the public. 11 suspected members of the sect group were being interrogated. He added that Boko Haram members have devised another means of attacking members of the public through traditional biological weapon.

source
http://www.reportnaija.com/2016/04/army-arrests-suspected-boko-haram.html

cc lalasticlala

If this is true, then we're all in soup
Re: Boko Haram Members With Poisoned Fish Arrested By Army by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 07, 2016
Pls dont tell me its "titus"

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Members With Poisoned Fish Arrested By Army by funlord(m): 1:46pm On Apr 07, 2016
grin

Abeg I need the fish! I get 1 better anti poisonous grill for caban! No be small "boko barbecue" go dey go down tomorrow!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Members With Poisoned Fish Arrested By Army by seunaj: 2:31pm On Apr 07, 2016
As long as the AU, EU, UN and other world governing bodies continue to affirm that terrorism has nothing to do with Islam in the name of diplomacy and political correctness, I doubt the world ll be free from all these Islamic clowns.
Can we just sleep a day without hearing anything abt islambadists?? Tiring!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Members With Poisoned Fish Arrested By Army by just2okworld(f): 2:31pm On Apr 07, 2016
nice one
Re: Boko Haram Members With Poisoned Fish Arrested By Army by omusiliyu(m): 2:32pm On Apr 07, 2016
Babu must be blamed for this.
Re: Boko Haram Members With Poisoned Fish Arrested By Army by tolexy007(m): 2:33pm On Apr 07, 2016
where is the fish? i get garri ijebu here cheesy cheesy
Re: Boko Haram Members With Poisoned Fish Arrested By Army by blazetitov: 2:33pm On Apr 07, 2016
Kudos to NA!!
Re: Boko Haram Members With Poisoned Fish Arrested By Army by ifyeez: 2:34pm On Apr 07, 2016
Military officials and lies, were is the fish nah, i need to taste it my self
Re: Boko Haram Members With Poisoned Fish Arrested By Army by christinie(f): 2:35pm On Apr 07, 2016
They have learnt more wickedness under the Government of their brother Buhari.

"A fight against Boko Haram is a fight against our brothers" - Buhari.

7 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Members With Poisoned Fish Arrested By Army by charsobodo(m): 2:35pm On Apr 07, 2016
ok
Re: Boko Haram Members With Poisoned Fish Arrested By Army by shamecurls(m): 2:37pm On Apr 07, 2016
Food tins plenty for Nairaland today o

From snake to fish

Hunger no go kill person for here
Re: Boko Haram Members With Poisoned Fish Arrested By Army by godoluwa(m): 2:37pm On Apr 07, 2016
ITS TIME TO STOP EATING ANY FOOD ITEM FROM THE NORTHERN PART OF NIGERIA
Re: Boko Haram Members With Poisoned Fish Arrested By Army by MadCow1: 2:39pm On Apr 07, 2016
Poison fish kwa?
Re: Boko Haram Members With Poisoned Fish Arrested By Army by Lucky77: 2:41pm On Apr 07, 2016
If this is true, now I believe Boko Haram comprises of mostly non- Nigerians.!!!
If they are Nigerians, how are they sure that their family members would not be part of the consumers of the deadly fish.
I think enemy of Nigerian are at work, in the guise of Bokoharam.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Members With Poisoned Fish Arrested By Army by ayo4dworld(m): 2:41pm On Apr 07, 2016
.. It is well. We will surely overcome BokoHaram someday. I'm sure about that
Re: Boko Haram Members With Poisoned Fish Arrested By Army by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 07, 2016
grin
Re: Boko Haram Members With Poisoned Fish Arrested By Army by tunshe: 2:47pm On Apr 07, 2016
seunaj:
As long as the AU, EU, UN and other world governing bodies continue to affirm that terrorism has nothing to do with Islam in the name of diplomacy and political correctness, I doubt the world ll be free from all these Islamic clowns.
Can we just sleep a day without hearing anything abt islambadists?? Tiring!!!

^^^ One of the poisoned fish with a smaller fish brain has escaped to nairaland.

WARNING
Beware! Don't get poisoned with incurable religious intolerance,bigotry and sentimental madness.

Be positive! Love thy neighbors!! Preach religion with love, compassion and character.

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Members With Poisoned Fish Arrested By Army by Strength77: 2:49pm On Apr 07, 2016
Thank God for this. It could have been bad.
Re: Boko Haram Members With Poisoned Fish Arrested By Army by abdulaz: 2:49pm On Apr 07, 2016
Nigeria is always getting it wrong in all areas.
Skewed mentality.
Gullibility.
Hypocrisy.
Money made by a nation are being shared as salaries and pension to both serving and ex serving public office holders.
A country with a President who has no clue in economics and governance, but the country can boost of thousand professors in all sphere of life with paper qualification only.
A country without plans for the teaming youth who they considered as leaders of tomorrow, what an irony.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Members With Poisoned Fish Arrested By Army by djraymy(m): 2:50pm On Apr 07, 2016
make them chop all na
Re: Boko Haram Members With Poisoned Fish Arrested By Army by kobonaire(m): 2:54pm On Apr 07, 2016
Something fishy about the story.
Boko Haram/Daesh/ Al Qaida general mode of operation is not a "poisoning process". They instead like to use explosives/guns/direct physical violence etc. That is how they spread fear.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Members With Poisoned Fish Arrested By Army by macaranta(m): 2:54pm On Apr 07, 2016
Force feed them those fishes
Re: Boko Haram Members With Poisoned Fish Arrested By Army by watchindelta(m): 3:01pm On Apr 07, 2016
Nigeria news self!
Re: Boko Haram Members With Poisoned Fish Arrested By Army by mapet: 3:07pm On Apr 07, 2016
grayht:
Pls dont tell me its "titus"

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Me too I love titus
Re: Boko Haram Members With Poisoned Fish Arrested By Army by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 07, 2016
Dis Boko people na Bastards o.. fish of all tins??.. ok na.. angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Members With Poisoned Fish Arrested By Army by danidee10(m): 3:14pm On Apr 07, 2016
tolexy007:
where is the fish? i get garri ijebu here cheesy cheesy

No worry....you think say na joke we dey...if they start poisoning food items it's going to be deadlier than bomb blasts....not lethal poisons but mild ones like Arsenic in little amounts that will slowly accumulate in your body and kill u and u won't even know you're being poisoned coz pple like you will say it's witchcraft.

In summary.....receive sense (you shouldn't joke about everything)

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Members With Poisoned Fish Arrested By Army by ceejay80s(m): 3:21pm On Apr 07, 2016
Oblitz:

If this is true, then we're all in soup
We allowed ourselves to be In soup,
All the boko haram members that was caught earlier, where are they ? The will release these ones soon
Re: Boko Haram Members With Poisoned Fish Arrested By Army by tolexy007(m): 3:23pm On Apr 07, 2016
danidee10:

No worry....you think say na joke we dey...if they start poisoning food items it's going to be deadlier than bomb blasts....not lethal poisons but mild ones like Arsenic in little amounts that will slowly accumulate in your body and kill u and u won't even know you're being poisoned coz pple like you will say it's witchcraft.

In summary.....receive sense (you shouldn't joke about everything)
so what should i do?

(1) (2) (Reply)

One Month After, Buhari In Dilemma Over Babachir, Oke / Senate President, Saraki Congratulates Governor Wike / Buhari Rejects Tinubu, Oshiomhole Ministerial Appointments List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.