Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,773 members, 7,802,378 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

He is offended by my way of greeting - advice needed - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / He is offended by my way of greeting - advice needed (3312 Views)

Oba Of Lagos, This Is Lagos Way Of Greeting. / Beautiful People Of Igala Land And Her Unique Traditional Way Of Dressing / This Letter To The Guy/lady/spouse You Offended (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

He is offended by my way of greeting - advice needed by Maximum83: 2:03pm On Apr 07, 2016
Today at work during lunch break i didn't go for break, i was just doing some work on my Tecno boom j8 when our director came in tho am new there but at my former place of work that's how we do..
So my director came in and i greeted him the way I greet others i said hello but immediately he called me back and said i don't have respect that I should not try that next time
Please have i done anything wrong because am feeling bad.. But I still feel in the official setting no respect but is it wrong or right
Re: He is offended by my way of greeting - advice needed by Thylord(m): 2:07pm On Apr 07, 2016
Fuel o

1 Like

Re: He is offended by my way of greeting - advice needed by Glory12345(f): 10:01pm On Apr 07, 2016
Respect is reciprocal
Re: He is offended by my way of greeting - advice needed by MizMyColi(f): 8:48am On Apr 08, 2016
Boom J8 dun make you forget to dobale greet your boss abi? grin grin grin

I won't pretend I don't know how special the phone is though, but you should be more mindful next time.
Re: He is offended by my way of greeting - advice needed by joseph1832(m): 8:51am On Apr 08, 2016
MizMyColi:

I won't pretend I don't know how special the phone is though, but you should be more mindful next time.
Good morning missy.

1 Like

Re: He is offended by my way of greeting - advice needed by eli23456(f): 10:04am On Apr 08, 2016
Maximum83:
Today at work during lunch break i didn't go for break, i was just doing some work on my Tecno boom j8 when our director came in tho am new there but at my former place of work that's how we do..
So my director came in and i greeted him the way I greet others i said hello but immediately he called me back and said i don't have respect that I should not try that next time
Please have i done anything wrong because am feeling bad.. But I still feel in the official setting no respect
hmmmm e
Re: He is offended by my way of greeting - advice needed by JustCasual: 10:10am On Apr 08, 2016
Some boss likes attention and they wouldn't like a device as a Boom J8 steal some of it.

Apologize to him and be more respectful next time, since, its respect he needs.
Re: He is offended by my way of greeting - advice needed by MizMyColi(f): 11:44am On Apr 08, 2016
smiley
joseph1832:
Good morning missy.

Good Morning.
Re: He is offended by my way of greeting - advice needed by Sodebo: 9:05am On Apr 09, 2016
From now on, embarrass him with greetings. Make sure you greet him infinitely. I'm sure after sometimes, he'll call you and tell you to stop greeting him.

1 Like

Re: He is offended by my way of greeting - advice needed by ForeverNew(f): 2:29pm On Apr 09, 2016
I feel your pain bro.
Thylord:
Fuel o
Re: He is offended by my way of greeting - advice needed by ForeverNew(f): 2:32pm On Apr 09, 2016
@Op is it the TECNO J8 phone that caused it or you are naturally rude. Don't blame the phone. Next time you see your boss drop your phone and greet!!!
Re: He is offended by my way of greeting - advice needed by kennybenjminz: 3:58pm On Apr 09, 2016
Maximum83:
Please have i done anything wrong because am feeling bad.. But I still feel in the official setting no respect but is it wrong or right
Have you been greeting him t
Like dat b4..I mean the hello stuff?
Re: He is offended by my way of greeting - advice needed by kennybenjminz: 4:00pm On Apr 09, 2016
I think he may hv dropped the charges agnst u and u are still pushing it far..with yasef
Re: He is offended by my way of greeting - advice needed by Maximum83: 7:13pm On Apr 09, 2016
Sodebo:
From now on, embarrass him with greetings. Make sure you greet him infinitely. I'm sure after sometimes, he'll call you and tell you to stop greeting him.
Abi

1 Like

Re: He is offended by my way of greeting - advice needed by daremarvell: 7:15pm On Apr 09, 2016
Maximum83:
it's bad seriously don't be fooled
Re: He is offended by my way of greeting - advice needed by Maximum83: 7:16pm On Apr 09, 2016
kennybenjminz:
I think he may hv dropped the charges agnst u and u are still pushing it far..with yasef
No be didn't because he still talked about it yesterday

1 Like

Re: He is offended by my way of greeting - advice needed by Glory12345(f): 7:19pm On Apr 09, 2016
Maximum83:
you were carried away by phone hmmmmmmmm
Re: He is offended by my way of greeting - advice needed by Orator2383: 7:48pm On Apr 09, 2016
Maximum83:
adjust your way
Re: He is offended by my way of greeting - advice needed by daremarvell: 7:21am On Apr 10, 2016
Orator2383:
adjust your way
yes adjust
Re: He is offended by my way of greeting - advice needed by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 10, 2016
What you did was wrong according to the moral value system in nigeria, you ought to have said "good afternoon sir" not "hello" to him

Irrespective of your age once he is your boss it's assumed he is older than you. Such things can cause serious problems for you if you are dealing with a mean person.

1 Like

Re: He is offended by my way of greeting - advice needed by babafrey: 7:09am On Apr 11, 2016
Official setting no respect? Shebi ur father has a company? Get ready to work there.
Maximum83:
Re: He is offended by my way of greeting - advice needed by Glory12345(f): 5:03pm On Apr 12, 2016
michymeg:
What you did was wrong according to the moral value system in nigeria, you ought to have said "good afternoon sir" not "hello" to him

Irrespective of your age once he is your boss it's assumed he is older than you. Such things can cause serious problems for you if you are dealing with a mean person.
Those wahala is too much jare.....
Re: He is offended by my way of greeting - advice needed by daremarvell: 9:21pm On Apr 12, 2016
michymeg:

hmmmm
Re: He is offended by my way of greeting - advice needed by Maximum83: 6:43pm On Apr 16, 2016
Glory12345:
you were carried away by phone hmmmmmmmm
probably but i have apologized
Re: He is offended by my way of greeting - advice needed by ivyT(f): 11:45pm On Apr 19, 2016
Op just wan make we knw say hin don run go d tecno.. U for make the topic 'C wetin my tecno boom j8 cause 4 office'
shioor
Re: He is offended by my way of greeting - advice needed by ivyT(f): 11:45pm On Apr 19, 2016
Op just wan make we knw say hin don run go buy d tecno.. U for make the topic 'C wetin my tecno boom j8 cause 4 office'
shioor
Re: He is offended by my way of greeting - advice needed by Maximum83: 4:08pm On Apr 20, 2016
ivyT:
Op just wan make we knw say hin don run go buy d tecno..
U for make the topic 'C wetin my tecno boom j8 cause 4 office'

shioor
hahaha,funny but we act in a disrespectful way at time
Re: He is offended by my way of greeting - advice needed by windyjosezy: 1:43am On Apr 27, 2016
I don't know why you're even bothered. You know how ur country people are
Maximum83:
Re: He is offended by my way of greeting - advice needed by windyjosezy: 1:43am On Apr 27, 2016
wetin do fuel?
Thylord:
Fuel o
Re: He is offended by my way of greeting - advice needed by windyjosezy: 1:44am On Apr 27, 2016
Saying hello is not actually bad
Glory12345:
Respect is reciprocal
Re: He is offended by my way of greeting - advice needed by windyjosezy: 1:44am On Apr 27, 2016
please ur Tecno boom j8, how much did u get it?
Maximum83:
Re: He is offended by my way of greeting - advice needed by windyjosezy: 1:45am On Apr 27, 2016
Why should one prostrate.. It's a place of work
MizMyColi:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tell Me About Your Culture? What Do We Have In Common? / Nigerian Male Value Culture / Igbo Slaves In Saint Lucia: Slave Census Of 1815

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.