Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Street Preaching In The Early Hours Of The Morning; A Nuisance Or A Necessity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Street Preaching In The Early Hours Of The Morning; A Nuisance Or A Necessity? (1936 Views)

Ghana's Deputy Minister Of Transport Bans Preaching In Public Buses in Ghana / Bishop David Abioye Preaching In Nasarawa State / Policewoman Spotted Preaching In A Bus In Lagos Today: (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Street Preaching In The Early Hours Of The Morning; A Nuisance Or A Necessity? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 07, 2016
Sleep is good and sweet, especially around when it's almost 5am when the cool early morning breeze finally comes to your rescue after a hot night that left your mattress soaked in sweat cos PHCN disappointed.

It is during this time that preachers love to take to the streets proclaiming the gospel. They disturb your sleep with their loud megaphones while reminding you of your sins and how you are going to burn in an imaginary hell fire for billions of uncountable years for a sin committed in just below a 100yrs.

My question: is that practice a necessity or plain nuisance?

Re: Street Preaching In The Early Hours Of The Morning; A Nuisance Or A Necessity? by ATMC(f): 7:24pm On Apr 07, 2016
Both
Re: Street Preaching In The Early Hours Of The Morning; A Nuisance Or A Necessity? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 07, 2016
The only question we need to ask ourselves is.... "do we practice what we preach"
Re: Street Preaching In The Early Hours Of The Morning; A Nuisance Or A Necessity? by simplex2: 7:44pm On Apr 07, 2016
Silly nuisance. When you don't respect people's right to serenity then you constitute an unimaginable nuisance.

Same goes to those preaching in public places and buses.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Street Preaching In The Early Hours Of The Morning; A Nuisance Or A Necessity? by Humblebloke(m): 8:05pm On Apr 07, 2016
It's cruelty
Re: Street Preaching In The Early Hours Of The Morning; A Nuisance Or A Necessity? by fiftynaira(m): 8:05pm On Apr 07, 2016
It is called obstructive mode of worship.... and as such both major Religion in the country re guilty of it.... the loud speakers of the Muslims as early as 5 am... and the noises our preachers make so to me I term it a BIG nuisance!
Re: Street Preaching In The Early Hours Of The Morning; A Nuisance Or A Necessity? by kevoh(m): 8:11pm On Apr 07, 2016
How would you feel if I picked up megaphone every morning and start preaching how the bible god does not exist and how allah, jesus, silly Moh'amd, bible and q.uran stories are just pure crap? grin

Or I get into that early morning bus in a heavy traffic and start preaching about Traditional worship of our forefathers...

Would christians/muslims
A. get offended and verbally insult me
B. Ignore me
C. Mob attack me with tire, petrol and fire

1 Like

Re: Street Preaching In The Early Hours Of The Morning; A Nuisance Or A Necessity? by orisa37: 8:25pm On Apr 07, 2016
It's a nuisance.
Re: Street Preaching In The Early Hours Of The Morning; A Nuisance Or A Necessity? by thatchick: 8:43pm On Apr 07, 2016
Nuisance. When in a bus and they start I always will it in my heart that the driver will insert any fuji song and increase the volume very high and see how these Evangelists will react. One day I know I will experience this dream,

1 Like

Re: Street Preaching In The Early Hours Of The Morning; A Nuisance Or A Necessity? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 07, 2016
kevoh:
How would you feel if I picked up megaphone every morning and start preaching how the bible god does not exist and how allah, jesus, silly Moh'amd, bible and q.uran stories are just pure crap? grin

Or I get into that early morning bus in a heavy traffic and start preaching about Traditional worship of our forefathers...

Would christians/muslims
A. get offended and verbally insult me
B. Ignore me
C. Mob attack me with tire, petrol and fire
they will contribute tithe and offering to you grin

cc lalasticlala there is a debate going on here o
Re: Street Preaching In The Early Hours Of The Morning; A Nuisance Or A Necessity? by TPAND(f): 9:12pm On Apr 07, 2016
Colossal Nuissance.

A legislation should be passed against street preaching. Christians are guilty of this. I have never come across and Muslim disturbing anyone in the name of Allah or Mohammed, neither an African Traditionalist doing same, Christians bastardize this and create an eyesore anytime they do this

1 Like

Re: Street Preaching In The Early Hours Of The Morning; A Nuisance Or A Necessity? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 07, 2016
TPAND:
Colossal Nuissance.

A legislation should be passed against street preaching. Christians are guilty of this. I have never come across and Muslim disturbing anyone in the name of Allah or Mohammed, neither an African Traditionalist doing same, Christians bastardize this and create an eyesore anytime they do this
then you've never lived near a mosque.

They are both guilty, even the traditionalists. How do I mean? Make sure they don't get you while coming back from a nite club on their Oro festival day. Na sorry be your name as they chop off the head of their victims.

religion is a scam. Only the ways of Yahshua the Messiah is pure and true.
Re: Street Preaching In The Early Hours Of The Morning; A Nuisance Or A Necessity? by TPAND(f): 9:22pm On Apr 07, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
then you've never lived near a mosque.

They are both guilty, even the traditionalists. How do I mean? Make sure they don't get you while coming back from a nite club on their Oro festival day. Na sorry be your name as they chop off the head of their victims.

religion is a scam. Only the ways of Yahshua the Messiah is pure and true.

The topic is street preaching, not use of Megaphones by religious bodies. The traditionalist don't go around harassing people to give their life to their deity as the Christians do neither do Muslims do I prefer JW mode of preaching, house to house, no megaphone and PAS
Re: Street Preaching In The Early Hours Of The Morning; A Nuisance Or A Necessity? by buddie(m): 7:08am On Jul 19, 2016
It's absolutely nonsense. When it is characterized by daily by different branches of churches trying to outshine one another with their loud speakers all are the detriment of community residents.

I'm a daily victim of this and I know how painful it is when u are awaken daily by 5am by some lazy overzealous rascals who wish to hide under the umbrella of religion to perpetrate/preach what they don't even pratice

(1) (Reply)

Which NL Atheist Can Prove Their Mums Existence Is Not A Figment Of Their Mind? / Rccg Sunday School 18 June, 2017 / Respect For Other Religions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.