Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

"House Rent Should Be Paid Monthly In Nigeria" - FCT Minister - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "House Rent Should Be Paid Monthly In Nigeria" - FCT Minister (23682 Views)

"Igbos, Buhari Needs Your Support To Succeed" - FCT Minister, Musa Bello / FCT Minister Orders End To Cattle Grazing In Abuja City Centre / Dalung Breaks Ramadan Fast With Mohammed Bello, FCT Minister (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "House Rent Should Be Paid Monthly In Nigeria" - FCT Minister by ceejay80s(m): 8:30am On Apr 08, 2016
Yearly house rent better for me o, at least I go get breathing space for the next 12months before I pay again
They should try and remove or abolish the agent and agreement money, that's the problem we are having now

3 Likes

Re: "House Rent Should Be Paid Monthly In Nigeria" - FCT Minister by ojibole1(m): 8:30am On Apr 08, 2016
I hear because na una build d house for the land lord abi?

1 Like

Re: "House Rent Should Be Paid Monthly In Nigeria" - FCT Minister by ChiSun27(m): 8:30am On Apr 08, 2016
He just want to be in the news this morning....so don't blame the privilege minister.
Re: "House Rent Should Be Paid Monthly In Nigeria" - FCT Minister by JaypeeAnics(m): 8:33am On Apr 08, 2016
stop talking, just implement it.

1 Like

Re: "House Rent Should Be Paid Monthly In Nigeria" - FCT Minister by CEO1(m): 8:34am On Apr 08, 2016
Na him sabi.. Economic meltdown self no let people get money
Re: "House Rent Should Be Paid Monthly In Nigeria" - FCT Minister by olasmith10(m): 8:36am On Apr 08, 2016
6 months rent payment is more reasonable
Re: "House Rent Should Be Paid Monthly In Nigeria" - FCT Minister by MadCow1: 8:38am On Apr 08, 2016
pendusky:
He's making a mistake, it should be daily! undecided

The month you don't have, the landlord tru u out?

Comparing Nigeria to USA Pls civil servants when do you guys get alert? is it consistent?

when govt are owing for 5 months that means they should sleep outside coz definitely the landlord won't hesitate to do the needfull

Why are These ministers just dull in thinking like their master?

BTW what causing the hardship? Them, then what's the way forward? disaster...

3 weeks now, no light, fuel scarcity, etc...

Sai bubu till 2019 grin

Well Said..
Re: "House Rent Should Be Paid Monthly In Nigeria" - FCT Minister by Dindondin(m): 8:38am On Apr 08, 2016
pendusky:

Comparing Nigeria to USA Pls civil servants when do you guys get alert? is it consistent?

when govt are owing for 5 months that means they should sleep outside coz definitely the landlord won't hesitate to do the needfull

Sai bubu till 2019 grin
Same here my bro.
Nigeria wey salary no regular n him person go dey collect monthly rent.
Their policies always good on paper.
I m not used to criticism at early stage of a govt.
But PMB led govt ll likely receive the greatest criticism or praise in this world before December 2016.
Re: "House Rent Should Be Paid Monthly In Nigeria" - FCT Minister by just2okworld(f): 8:39am On Apr 08, 2016
pendusky:

Sai bubu till 2019 grin
gringrin
Re: "House Rent Should Be Paid Monthly In Nigeria" - FCT Minister by paulnnaji25(m): 8:42am On Apr 08, 2016
In some african countries I have been to, house rent is paid monthly.
pendusky:

Sai bubu till 2019 grin
Re: "House Rent Should Be Paid Monthly In Nigeria" - FCT Minister by Reference(m): 8:43am On Apr 08, 2016
This is another waste of time. Just like the petroleum industry and the foreign exchange market, government can only leverage on things it has strengths in and can proffer viable alternatives even if they are simply ideas. How many houses does the government build in a year to want to control the way rents are collected. How much dollars does it have to want to peg the exchange rates. How much fuel does it produce to want to control the price at 86.50. These are the questions Nigerians should be asking when these folks open their big mouths to speak.

There are only three ways open to government to actualise this lofty dream without making houses as scarce as the dollar or petroleum products. It either provides enough to gain a controlling market share of the real estate industry or it waits for the private sector to over supply then introduce this measure as prices fall. Or dissuade the average Nigerian from procreating like bunnies and tripling our population every generation. Can't see these happening so what I do see is a foolish move to force it just like the CBN and the NNPC is doing and Nigerians eventually sleeping at petrol stations not because of fuel scarcity but housing scarcity.

I hate big government. Everything they touch turns to ashes. If they cannot manage themselves, they should just leave the public alone.

1 Like

Re: "House Rent Should Be Paid Monthly In Nigeria" - FCT Minister by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 08, 2016
I will try it and see, I will rent my house out on monthly pay and I think in the long wrong it will be more expensive than annually. That way, I can kick tenants out without any grace period.
Re: "House Rent Should Be Paid Monthly In Nigeria" - FCT Minister by SergeAlain: 8:48am On Apr 08, 2016
Thank you Mallam.
When you build your own house you fit collect daily or per hour. Till then abeg make we hear word!!!

You cant sit in Abuja and legislate what/how a landlord wey use him own money and sweat build house (with no bank or govt assistance) should charge on his property.
Re: "House Rent Should Be Paid Monthly In Nigeria" - FCT Minister by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 08, 2016
Dull people, as if salaries dey come constantly every month.... Mumu ppl
Re: "House Rent Should Be Paid Monthly In Nigeria" - FCT Minister by Chukzyfcb(m): 9:09am On Apr 08, 2016
In lagos state alone where the return of investment on property is about 5-8%....I invest 30million to purchase a land&build a house, then rent it annually for 2.4million HIGHEST. 10yrs I never recoup my capital o, and u wan make I dey do "monthly" when I need the bulky cash sharpali........if this is implemented, lagos landord will charge tenants 100,000 per month for a flat that would have cost 600,000 annually to rent....they'll charge that high to cover the "job hazard" since per month means anything can happen ie tenant running away after 1mth.

1 Like

Re: "House Rent Should Be Paid Monthly In Nigeria" - FCT Minister by 4C2215131: 9:21am On Apr 08, 2016
While it is a welcome development, it may be hard to implement in Nigeria.

I do consider the avarage Nigerian landlord an opportunistic leech preying on the unfortunate plight of their tenants and I see the average estate agents, valuers or whatever as scheming, devious and sly conspirators with the landlords what with their senseless fees (read: agreement, caution et al), greed and hardly truthful input when it comes to estate issues.

BUT

The average Nigerian tenant is also to a large extent quite troublesome and if left to his devices wouldn't think twice of wrecking the investment of someone else (landlord) via his lackadaisical attitude to keeping his part of the bargain. Some will mess up your facility literally desstroying your property while givin you sleepless nights over the collection of their rents. You want him to pay monthly? Beautiful and money saving move IF he can abide by it.

He Will Not.

This month his excuse will be a dead parent or relative, next month possibly child about to resume school and what about the best of all; we have not been paid. So while this law will go a long way to make housing available for everyone, it should thoroughly be reviewed to protect both parties fairly and should not be skewed in favour of one over the other.

P.S. Nigerian Landlords and agents greedy sha!
Re: "House Rent Should Be Paid Monthly In Nigeria" - FCT Minister by Charmerbeautylooks(f): 9:26am On Apr 08, 2016
Even wit monthly payments, some go still owe! grin

1 Like

Re: "House Rent Should Be Paid Monthly In Nigeria" - FCT Minister by zagadon: 9:28am On Apr 08, 2016
how many house way govt don build way dem want tenant to dey monthly. there is God ooooooooooooooooooo
Re: "House Rent Should Be Paid Monthly In Nigeria" - FCT Minister by 4C2215131: 9:29am On Apr 08, 2016
ceejay80s:
Yearly house rent better for me o, at least I go get breathing space for the next 12months before I pay again
They should try and remove or abolish the agent and agreement money, that's the problem we are having now

You are on point!. The agents are one part of the value chain that delivers little or no value for their exorbitant costs. While not saying they should be eliminated from the chain as some conscientious ones do play a huge role in creating and delivering value to their clients, a sort of regulation should be implemented to stem their ridiculous and unchecked greed at the instance of the tenant.

When you come to think of it, the agents are more to blame in the burden felt by the prospective tenant. He may have the money for the rent as stipulated by the landlord but when these agents inject their laughable fees into the original cost, most times it goses out of the range of the prospective tenant.
Re: "House Rent Should Be Paid Monthly In Nigeria" - FCT Minister by tomakint: 9:30am On Apr 08, 2016
pendusky:

Sai bubu till 2019 grin
While its a noble idea but I must confess you spoke my mind, imagine in a Country of job insecurity and a Federal Minister just pull this out from his rectum......walahi mumuism should be a course to study in Nigeria.....too bad.
Re: "House Rent Should Be Paid Monthly In Nigeria" - FCT Minister by SegunAdewole: 9:34am On Apr 08, 2016
Na our osun people go suffer am pass. Refugee camps loading....
Re: "House Rent Should Be Paid Monthly In Nigeria" - FCT Minister by Malakh: 9:35am On Apr 08, 2016
In the ancient times,and according to the law,it must be paid at sunset,what if he dies? why hold on to someone's wages that he worked for,for whole month,that is heartless.
Re: "House Rent Should Be Paid Monthly In Nigeria" - FCT Minister by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 08, 2016
That's a very good idea,,, I hope the Federal government look in this issue and find a way to enact it into law

1 Like

Re: "House Rent Should Be Paid Monthly In Nigeria" - FCT Minister by focus7: 9:47am On Apr 08, 2016
I read comment from people and I feel so sad to notice how hopeless many have become, I feel more sadden especially to notice how intelligent many of the commentators could have been but unfortunately many of them cannot see beyond their nose, they lack foresight, they speaks as if there's never going to be a better tomorrow. Well maybe I should help remind them that the present government is not the cause of their problem, the present government is only working solving the problem their celebrated heroes created, we are not deceived by the current blackmail from the corruption fight back.

1 Like

Re: "House Rent Should Be Paid Monthly In Nigeria" - FCT Minister by blank(f): 9:54am On Apr 08, 2016
Godgay:
I want to hear nothing from guys apart from fuel and how it should be curbed

Why should fuel be curbed? Wouldn't the curbing of lack of fuel be better?
Re: "House Rent Should Be Paid Monthly In Nigeria" - FCT Minister by Godstraight(m): 9:56am On Apr 08, 2016
blank:

Why should fuel be curbed? Wouldn't the curbing of lack of fuel be better?
fuel scarcity I mean
Re: "House Rent Should Be Paid Monthly In Nigeria" - FCT Minister by uzolexis(f): 10:17am On Apr 08, 2016
Finally someone is speaking up about this. All the countries I have been to both within and outside Nigeria, rent is paid monthly.....But in Nigeria some landlords would even ask for 2 years rent upfront. What kinda wickedness is that?
Re: "House Rent Should Be Paid Monthly In Nigeria" - FCT Minister by uzolexis(f): 10:24am On Apr 08, 2016
Olusharp:
....These people don't know what to do next...
What concerns the government with landlord and tenant contract,if one doesn't like the term and condition you leave...and if they really want to help they should build houses for people to rent but in the long run we know it is the "well-to-dos" that will rent the house...when they say a room per month is 10,000 Naira which is some people salary per month ... Nigeria as a country is just going to sleep and waking up everyday and leaving things to the hands of fate..we take what we see and not what will made happen...

I wish i could just get a free travel fund even if it is to Ghana down the road..
You really need to travel and from the comments above many Nigerians need to leave the shores of this country to see how things are done, not even to Europe or other western countries but even African countries and we'll know for sure that we are learners in Nigeria (Ghana pays rent yearly too so dont go to ghana) but in most other African countries, rent is paid monthly not yearly and that is how it should be. How do landlords expect people to cough 2 years rent upfront, is that not wickedness

1 Like

Re: "House Rent Should Be Paid Monthly In Nigeria" - FCT Minister by uzolexis(f): 10:25am On Apr 08, 2016
paulnnaji25:
In some african countries I have been to, house rent is paid monthly.
Don't mind them,rent ought to be paid monthly.
Re: "House Rent Should Be Paid Monthly In Nigeria" - FCT Minister by talk2dmc(m): 10:39am On Apr 08, 2016
This is one of the saint our bubu searched for 5 months plus ! No wonder they call him President Buhari
Re: "House Rent Should Be Paid Monthly In Nigeria" - FCT Minister by Carter4luv(m): 10:51am On Apr 08, 2016
u made a nice point mr bello. but not in dis current situation such tin will be done, wen d government find it diffucult to pay staff fr months, how will dey cope with d landlords and oda financial issues in d family. fr dis to work d,government will start paying salaries to workers bf 25th, of each month...
Re: "House Rent Should Be Paid Monthly In Nigeria" - FCT Minister by maursatt: 11:07am On Apr 08, 2016
In Europe before you rent a house you must have a working contract with pay slip to show that you are capable of paying every month, in Nigeria how many are working and those working cannot guarantee regular salary for the month. Nigeria should not go that level of comparison when they have not put things in place.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu-for-president Support Group Storms Ondo / Hausa Man Praising Apga Party / Court Grants Endsars Protesters N50000 Bail Each In Abuja After 5 Days In Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.