Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

The Height Of Frustration In Job Hunting In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Height Of Frustration In Job Hunting In Nigeria (17394 Views)

“Don’t Come With Charms”, Oil Company Says In Job Test Invite. / Unemployment - Why A Fool Is Always Successful In Job Hunting Than A Wise Man / Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Height Of Frustration In Job Hunting In Nigeria by garnetty(m): 8:14am On Apr 08, 2016
Seriously, job hunting in Nigeria could be so tasking, disappointing and altogether frustrating. How can anyone explain to me a reason behind a circumstance where a prospective job seeker applied for a job, sent an invite for interview but was subsequently told that the recruitment into the position has been put on hold indefinitely. In addition, the company in question wished the applicant success in his job search and career.

This actually happened to me and I didn't find it funny at all. What could have been responsible for this?. The company involved here is a multinational company of good repute. Though they apologised for the inconveniences caused but I suspect something went wrong and I find it unconscionable to say the least.

Has this kind of scenario happened to anyone on this platform?. Please let me have your take on this. Thank you.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Height Of Frustration In Job Hunting In Nigeria by younghartz(m): 8:17am On Apr 08, 2016
Always frustrating......

2 Likes

Re: The Height Of Frustration In Job Hunting In Nigeria by calculator123(m): 2:24pm On Apr 11, 2016
opp
Re: The Height Of Frustration In Job Hunting In Nigeria by Harmored(m): 7:00am On Apr 12, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: The Height Of Frustration In Job Hunting In Nigeria by SaiBuharii: 7:02am On Apr 12, 2016
When you get the job, this stuff will become good memories. I assure you.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Height Of Frustration In Job Hunting In Nigeria by drakespearz(m): 7:02am On Apr 12, 2016
I Feel Your Pain Bro

1 Like

Re: The Height Of Frustration In Job Hunting In Nigeria by legaxi(m): 7:02am On Apr 12, 2016
Sorry bro such is life, consider yourself as one of the victim of "man no man" syndrome in Nigeria best of luck though you really need it.

4 Likes

Re: The Height Of Frustration In Job Hunting In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:02am On Apr 12, 2016
Dem don give am to their family member.

6 Likes

Re: The Height Of Frustration In Job Hunting In Nigeria by belloabd1914(m): 7:02am On Apr 12, 2016
Very frustrating I tell you, it's just too bad.
Re: The Height Of Frustration In Job Hunting In Nigeria by Emu4life(m): 7:03am On Apr 12, 2016
no
Re: The Height Of Frustration In Job Hunting In Nigeria by neejay1986(m): 7:03am On Apr 12, 2016
Lord..... why? Have mercy on us in this nation called Nigeria... in Oritsafemi's voice....we will keep praying to God He make Him come show us the way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Height Of Frustration In Job Hunting In Nigeria by bright007(f): 7:05am On Apr 12, 2016
The HR don sell the slot....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Height Of Frustration In Job Hunting In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:05am On Apr 12, 2016
Blame it on the Presido. Dollar and Naira aren't best of friends. Fuel scarcity and upsurge in fuel price has aggravated the matter

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Height Of Frustration In Job Hunting In Nigeria by ilyas26(m): 7:05am On Apr 12, 2016
I feel your pain, job seekers go through hell in nigeria
Re: The Height Of Frustration In Job Hunting In Nigeria by bnanzip(m): 7:05am On Apr 12, 2016
Multinational Companies are not always Multibillions companies. The economic condition caused it.

2 Likes

Re: The Height Of Frustration In Job Hunting In Nigeria by gabazin080(m): 7:06am On Apr 12, 2016
Have said it before but will keep repeating it that schooling is a waste of time and money for average Nigerians.

Whats the essence of paying 500k a year (x4 years) in an higher institution when you will still graduate and still spend years searching for jobs. When we can invest that 500k and be an employer of graduates.

It's high time Nigerians accept schooling is not for all

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Height Of Frustration In Job Hunting In Nigeria by priscaoge(f): 7:09am On Apr 12, 2016
Hmmmmm that's Nigeria for u my dear. @ Op don't give up, God will put a smile on Ur face soon.

On the hand, I keep hearing that so many graduates are not employable and I ask How? Why?.... Until I attended one interview sometime last month shocked shocked shocked See how our graduates were behaving like some mannerless secondary school students. I was like what if this is a Behavioral Interview? Another thing is how we package our CV! A well packaged CV can earn u d job even without much interview. May God help Nigerian youths oooo.

Congrats to me and all Batch A Corp members that will pass out on Thursday! May God favour us all

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Height Of Frustration In Job Hunting In Nigeria by nerdymufasa(m): 7:09am On Apr 12, 2016
it's annoying but jes move on...most organizations are having a hard time themselves, most of the jobs u see around lately are mostly biz development related!
Re: The Height Of Frustration In Job Hunting In Nigeria by cassidy1996(m): 7:11am On Apr 12, 2016
life goes on.....
Re: The Height Of Frustration In Job Hunting In Nigeria by Goldenheart(m): 7:11am On Apr 12, 2016
Op..... May the Lord grant you your heart desire kiss
Re: The Height Of Frustration In Job Hunting In Nigeria by Ay04z(m): 7:11am On Apr 12, 2016
make una go learn handwork una no go gree.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Height Of Frustration In Job Hunting In Nigeria by Christine01(f): 7:14am On Apr 12, 2016
Welcome to the Nigerian Labour Market!

1 Like

Re: The Height Of Frustration In Job Hunting In Nigeria by BISolutionsng: 7:15am On Apr 12, 2016
www.biempowerment.com
#WeLoveGraduates
#WeLoveYouths

Some Basic HR Interview Questions

Job interviews can be a stressful process and you need to be prepared for anything an interviewer throws at you.

You’re calm and relaxed, mentally ready for the challenge, and even looking forward to the chance to shine.

Use each interview as a learning experience and don’t beat yourself up if it doesn’t go the way you had hoped.

1. Tell me about yourself?

Discuss 2-3 of your most significant accomplishments.

Talk about a few of your key strengths as they relate to the job for which you are applying and how they can benefit from your strengths.

Then discuss how you see yourself fitting into a position at their company.

2. Do you prefer working with others or alone?

Your response needs to show that you can work well in a team atmosphere and still shoulder individual responsibility, as well. Before you answer, make sure you know if the job requires you to work alone or not.

“I enjoy working alone when necessary as I don’t need to be constantly reassured of my work. But I would prefer to work in a group as I believe much more work can be accomplished when everyone is pulling together.”

Have a Job Interview? Call our Hotline - 012930183 for Free Interview Tips

Our hotline opens between 1.00PM – 3.00PM on Wednesday.

We will be more than happy to help at no cost to you. YES, it’s FREE.

Greatness is in you.

BI Empowerment team.

http://biempowerment.com/2016/04/10/job-interview-call-hotline-free-interview-tips/
garnetty:
Seriously, job hunting in Nigeria could be so tasking, disappointing and altogether frustrating. How can anyone explain to me a reason behind a circumstance where a prospective job seeker applied for a job, sent an invite for interview but was subsequently told that the recruitment into the position has been put on hold indefinitely. In addition, the company in question wished the applicant success in his job search and career.

This actually happened to me and I didn't find it funny at all. What could have been responsible for this?. The company involved here is a multinational company of good repute. Though they apologised for the inconveniences caused but I suspect something went wrong and I find it unconscionable to say the least.

Has this kind of scenario happened to anyone on this platform?. Please let me have your take on this. Thank you.

1 Share

Re: The Height Of Frustration In Job Hunting In Nigeria by zikter(m): 7:15am On Apr 12, 2016
Reminds me of my application n subsequent successful interview with transcorp, appointment letter ready, just to issue to me & then the unthinkable. position on hold cos the company has decided to start on a lesser capacity. was told to hold on for some three months. its over three yrs now of course n nofin from them. bro its painful experience. good news is i moved on n today is not lyk yesterday. don't give up pls.

3 Likes

Re: The Height Of Frustration In Job Hunting In Nigeria by Godwin16(m): 7:16am On Apr 12, 2016
Very frustrating but bro, don't loss hope yet, your's is closer than you thought.

1 Like

Re: The Height Of Frustration In Job Hunting In Nigeria by megola: 7:17am On Apr 12, 2016
hmmmn....really bad....Just cheer up.....yours is even better, some didn't even qualify for the job......useless requirements from companies such as age, grade, etc...
God help this country
Re: The Height Of Frustration In Job Hunting In Nigeria by lonelydora: 7:17am On Apr 12, 2016
Yes. It happens atimes when a company decides they no longer

1. need to employ an outsider and revert to internal advert.

2. Have the need for that position, maybe due to lack of finance.

3. Maybe one Oga has brought his cousin from somewhere to fill in the position. Depends on the company tough.

4. When a company decides to hire an experienced person instead of a trainee for the said position.

5. Etc.

Happened to a friend in 2007 in NLNG. They told him to forget about the job.

1 Like

Re: The Height Of Frustration In Job Hunting In Nigeria by Ramanto(m): 7:18am On Apr 12, 2016
Ay04z:
make una go learn handwork una no go gree.
It's All The Same. People With Handwork Suffer Poor Patronage If They Are Not Connected.
Na To Just Dey Pray For Favour From Allah

2 Likes

Re: The Height Of Frustration In Job Hunting In Nigeria by okooloyun1(m): 7:19am On Apr 12, 2016

2 Likes

Re: The Height Of Frustration In Job Hunting In Nigeria by hardychris(m): 7:21am On Apr 12, 2016
Bro its so annoying, the economy is in a mess @ the moment, I think this is the wrong time to be a job seeker, so many people are loosing their jobs and that has made me wonder if there is hope for job seekers.
But God is aware shaaa.
Re: The Height Of Frustration In Job Hunting In Nigeria by spicy244(f): 7:22am On Apr 12, 2016
cry.... Nigeria has lost it all..... It will get better
Re: The Height Of Frustration In Job Hunting In Nigeria by permanentgrace(m): 7:25am On Apr 12, 2016
God punish Buhari for what i suffered yesterday.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Long Would I Be Jailed For If I Fought Someone At Work? / Latest Jobs In Nigeria: Check It Out / Please How Much Does Sahara Group Pay Their Interns/new Entry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.