Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,000 members, 7,806,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha (7812 Views)

Businessman Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Onitsha, Market Shut Down. Photos / 2 Ladies Caught Stealing Money At A Plaza In Onitsha (Photos) / Pablo Escobar, One Of The Richest And Most Dangerous Drug Lords Of All Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by geni(f): 11:13am On Apr 22, 2017
Op your points are based on assumptions. I am a public servant, resides and work in Onitsha. Odekpe is not as you exaggerated. Since you have been visiting as claimed, have you experienced armed robbery attack?It's like other cities. You experience both good and bad events.
mentorandfriend:
I stay in Portharcourt and Ibadan, and whenever I'm not working (break, leave), I'm doing Locum in one of the private hospitals in Anambra State coz that's where I've spent most of my adult life.

I've worked and consulted in hospitals in most cities and villages in Anambra State. Onitsha is the most dangerous among all the cities and villages in Anambra State. Whether you're in your car or public mass transit passing through Onitsha, or you live and work there, you'll always have that feeling of a people who are socially depraved, dangerous motor park touts, very money conscious, hustling taken to another level; and most times, it's not uncommon to see two grown men digging it out in broad day light with weapons, all for their daily bread. Anything to take money home at the end of the day. People fight for flimsy reasons and road-standing policemen do nothing at all, but collect money from motorists. It's a haven for outlaws.

Bad as Onitsha is, the most dangerous place to live in Onitsha is Odekpe Onitsha. From Uga junction at Bridge head down to Atani is a lawless zone. There are countless number of cults, usually young people. They move around and drink in groups, settling scores at every opportunity. Police rarely come to this side to make arrests because it's a Naval Zone. There is a Naval Station there in Odekpe. In fact, anywhere you're living in Odekpe, you'll be seeing the great River Niger.

So you won't think I'm exaggerating, let me give you a brief run down of the cases I've handled in the past two weeks alone.

4 cases of grievous homicide. In one instance, I and the nurses where in the theatre for seven hours, suturing and repairing a face, neck and chest that was brutally damaged with a broken bottle. The assailant fled. I heard he does this kind of thing often.

6 rape cases and attempted rape cases with obvious signs of violence. I do vaginal examination on them, place them on antibiotic treatment and contraceptives. I also file out of medical reports in case they want to take it up, which I advise them to do. These are usually pretty young girls who turned down dating requests. The river Niger is quite close so they abduct these girls in the evening when they're on their way back from the market (most of them are sales girls in the market) and carry them there, rape them and send them home. Worst of it all is that the parents of these girls are often afraid to press for justice. It really baffles me.

Countless Road traffic accident victims. Reckless driving is the norm in Odekpe Onitsha. I heard there is no presence of the Federal Road Safety Corps here, and Police dare not operate here too due to the fact that it's a Naval Zone. What kind of tragedy is that? These cases are just for the clinic I consult for. Then imagine what happens in other hospitals in this area. In essence, a sum total of all the casualty figures, rape cases, and grievous homicides will surely be higher.

I'm not done. No parent can raise a decent child in this place. Young girls are snapped up by cultists once they start budding breasts, and they themselves acquiesce to these shameful relationships in my opinion, for fear of being taken by force or harassed in the streets. They keep relationships with these hooligans and miscreants for their own protection.

A pregnant woman was attacked and stabbed deeply in her thigh muscles because she went to warn off a boy from her teenage daughter. This is the height of lawlessness. No nation goes forward when insecurity is not tackled effectively. Insecurity lowers productivity and drives away investors.

Governor Willie Obiano must devise effective means to flush out gangsterism, hooliganism, and confraternal brigandages from Onitsha as a whole, especially the riverine urban areas. The whole place is turning Odekpe Onitsha into a cesspool of vice, which is making it hostile to sane living.

From a concerned citizen.
Re: The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by GideonOmach(m): 5:24pm On Apr 22, 2017
ifyalways:
A na-akogheri.

The point of this thread bu gini? I cho I tu aka n'be nna gi, tuo ya n'asusu Igbo dika nwafor nwulu nmili ara. I na-edezi ya na Oyibo maka onye?

Onye julu gi btw? O no na ndo fu onwa. Onye Ochonganoko! Onye ka I denari n'essay? Ijiji ha ndi singing, mbe ha ndi coat.

Ada b'anyi, op edeho essay a maka na ochori kagbu ebe a Ona ekwu okwu ya, ka obuzi Maka na onacho ikwu na ebeahu jogburu onwe ya na njo and na enweghi mma obula di ebeahu. mba! oburo ihe mere oji dee edemede a, ka MA n'obu Maka ndi govt na oha mmadu nwere ike ga biri n'ebahu ka ha wee Mara ka ebeahu di wee kpachara Anya with obibi ha n'ebahu and ka ndi govt Mara ihe n'eme na the place mee ihe ha kwesiri ime n'ebahu ma ruzikwa onodu ebeahu..

1 Like

Re: The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by Pacesetterz: 6:36pm On Dec 04, 2022
hedonistic:
I passed through Onitsha the other day en route..... And when my friend dropped me off somewhere along Upper Iweka to find a connecting vehicle to my destination, my alertness level was on RED.. MAYDAY MAYDAY; probably would have killed anyone who came close enough to me to say 'hi'. The fact that I had a big travelling bag and about N120k in cash made it even worse. My hand was tapping my concealed weapon every second, and I was super alert until I left Onitsha.

It's a messed up city. Even as an Nwa Afo, I simply hate the city and everything it represents.. Local, lousy, noisy, anti-social, rowdy, unmethodically mad animals everywhere. Awka is definitely saner and far more civilised. It seems all the deadliest and most despicable idiots and dregs of the earth from Anambra State are habitually dumped off at Onitsha to unleash their menace to society.

I can't raise my kids in Onitsha even if offered a million dollars. Make it a billion dollars and maybe I'll consider. At least I'll be able to recreate civilisation in my immediate domain and create a lifetime of governor-level security around my family. Nonsense and ingredients!

Back from the future. It may interest u to know that Onitsha seems more peaceful than the so called capital Awka. The rising cult issues is making that town glow in red. Onitsha seems a bit sane these days. Going through some neighborhoods amd suburbs of Onitsha gives u that Lagos feeling. Onitsha is a multicultural/lingual city. What most of the southeast cities need are infrastructures and social spots. Most ndigbo seems socially depraved this is due to the business minded attitude they all have.
Re: The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by Patriotsleague: 8:49pm On Dec 04, 2022
Ipob terrorists capital, what do you expect?
Re: The Most Dangerous Place To Live In Onitsha by SirBlack999(m): 12:15am On Dec 06, 2022
Pacesetterz:

Back from the future. It may interest u to know that Onitsha seems more peaceful than the so called capital Awka. The rising cult issues is making that town glow in red. Onitsha seems a bit sane these days. Going through some neighborhoods amd suburbs of Onitsha gives u that Lagos feeling. Onitsha is a multicultural/lingual city. What most of the southeast cities need are infrastructures and social spots. Most ndigbo seems socially depraved this is due to the business minded attitude they all have.
Bro, I thought this Awka cult issues had died down?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bet9ja Has Scammed Me, Please Help / Woman Catches Friend Sleeping With Her Husband, Beats Her Up Mercilessly. Photos / Two Female Teachers Kidnapped In Edo State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.