Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,634 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

Why Does Nigerian Politicians Cover Their Car Number Plates? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Does Nigerian Politicians Cover Their Car Number Plates? (4937 Views)

10 Most Controversial Nigerian Politicians Of 2017 By Pulse / Lawmakers Dump Official Vehicle Number Plates For Fear Of Kidnapping / Dino Melaye And His Cars' Number Plates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Nigerian Politicians Cover Their Car Number Plates? by godwinkessi: 1:29pm On Apr 08, 2016
Please can someone tell us why NIGERIAN politicians keep riding around with their cars with tinted glasses and their Number Plates covered with black trampolines?

Most of people I know that does it are, Senators, honorables, ministers and commissioners

Cc seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
NgeneUkwuenu
Bruno419
Madridguy

1 Like

Re: Why Does Nigerian Politicians Cover Their Car Number Plates? by FirstCounsel(m): 1:33pm On Apr 08, 2016
It's for security reasons. Most top government functionaries have multiple plate numbers called security numbers which they alternate in their vehicles so you cannot tell accurately who is in the vehicle.
Re: Why Does Nigerian Politicians Cover Their Car Number Plates? by EngrSeries(m): 1:34pm On Apr 08, 2016
For safety and security reasons. Its very common here in Abuja...
Re: Why Does Nigerian Politicians Cover Their Car Number Plates? by itstpia8: 1:46pm On Apr 08, 2016
Security
Re: Why Does Nigerian Politicians Cover Their Car Number Plates? by godwinkessi: 1:47pm On Apr 08, 2016
FirstCounsel:
It's for security reasons. Most top government functionaries have multiple plate numbers called security numbers which they alternate in their vehicles so you cannot tell accurately who is in the vehicle.

How do u mean security when the car is tinted and armored? The cars even stay on motorcade and u won't tell me it's for security when we all actually know who's in the car
Re: Why Does Nigerian Politicians Cover Their Car Number Plates? by FirstCounsel(m): 4:09pm On Apr 08, 2016
godwinkessi:

How do u mean security when the car is tinted and armored? The cars even stay on motorcade and u won't tell me it's for security when we all actually know who's in the car
That's why I don't make any comments on naira land. I am giving you the true position of thing and you are arguing with me. Take your argument to the security agencies, not me

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Nigerian Politicians Cover Their Car Number Plates? by sdindan: 4:10pm On Apr 08, 2016
Because they're all looters.

Including Buhari.
Re: Why Does Nigerian Politicians Cover Their Car Number Plates? by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:20pm On Apr 08, 2016
What a useless and lawless country. Who covers plate numbers? How is the police supposed to identify you when they're behind you?

Oh, thats true Nigeria doesn't have a database to look up, and even if she did, the cops are illiterate and don't know how a computer works.

What a jungle.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Nigerian Politicians Cover Their Car Number Plates? by madridguy(m): 8:03pm On Apr 08, 2016
They like Moving around incognito for security reason. The danger in it is that most professional assassins moves around too with covered plate number.

May God help us.
Re: Why Does Nigerian Politicians Cover Their Car Number Plates? by godwinkessi: 9:07pm On Apr 08, 2016
FirstCounsel:

That's why I don't make any comments on naira land. I am giving you the true position of thing and you are arguing with me. Take your argument to the security agencies, not me

That shouldn't stop u from commenting ok? So sorry for arguing, man must argue. Don't tell me u let everything go just cos u dislike argument
Re: Why Does Nigerian Politicians Cover Their Car Number Plates? by OlujobaSamuel: 10:31pm On Apr 08, 2016
FirstCounsel:

that's life bro, just have to get used to it, not just NL, although we have so many kids(mentally) here.
I got out of my shell to use derogatory words on one that called NIS victims mere propaganda, and I got a 48hrs ban. I'm sorry for using such words on him, but being a witness of the event got me annoyed, but I've to move on.
Just comment and share your knowledge, wisdom and understanding of issues anytime you can, not minding what some might say, considering most that benefits.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Nigerian Politicians Cover Their Car Number Plates? by dearsly(m): 11:46pm On Apr 08, 2016
Na. Bubu d use am pass....mek we no knw wen e go fly comot
Re: Why Does Nigerian Politicians Cover Their Car Number Plates? by itstpia8: 1:43am On Apr 09, 2016
the leaders are afraid, the regular person on the street is afraid, which way Nigeria.
Re: Why Does Nigerian Politicians Cover Their Car Number Plates? by FirstCounsel(m): 2:32am On Apr 10, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

that's life bro, just have to get used to it, not just NL, although we have so many kids(mentally) here.
I got out of my shell to use derogatory words on one that called NIS victims mere propaganda, and I got a 48hrs ban. I'm sorry for using such words on him, but being a witness of the event got me annoyed, but I've to move on.
Just comment and share your knowledge,
wisdom and understanding of issues anytime you can, not minding what some might say, considering most that benefits.
Thanks
thanks and I understand your position perfectly. Not just here but on other threads. Sometimes I feel some weird comments are made deliberately to wind us up or cause controversy
Re: Why Does Nigerian Politicians Cover Their Car Number Plates? by heendrix(m): 4:43pm On Jun 17, 2020
FirstCounsel:

Lmao grin bros calm down abeg lol
Re: Why Does Nigerian Politicians Cover Their Car Number Plates? by gargoylern: 4:45pm On Jun 17, 2020
It is an inheritance from the military culture of covering plate numbers. Democracy in Nigeria is heavily militarized. Bunch of corrupt people.

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Bag's Billions Of ₦aira From Our Monetary System Failure? / . / The Curious Transformation Of Wike. Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.