Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,707 members, 7,805,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Gej's Nephew Granted Bail After Arrest By EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej's Nephew Granted Bail After Arrest By EFCC (1077 Views)

Ita Ekpenyong Speaks On His Failed Arrest By EFCC / Jubilation As Nnamdi Kanu Is Granted Bail (Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu Granted Bail (See Bail Conditions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gej's Nephew Granted Bail After Arrest By EFCC by vanessaRN(f): 6:41pm On Apr 08, 2016
Read the press statement below...

Barrister Azibaola Robert, a nephew of former President Jonathan who was arrested by the Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) in what was popularly adjudged to be a desperate partisan attempt by the present administration to implicate and persecute the immediate past president of Nigeria has been freed by the court.

A Federal Capital Territory High Court in Maitama, Abuja, on Thursday ordered the
Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to immediately release Mr. Azibaola Robert, on bail.

Justice Olasunbo who ruled on an ex parte application filed by Azibaola Robert's lawyer, Chief
Chris Uche (SAN), held that the applicant’s detention by the EFCC‎ for over two weeks without being charged to court was unconstitutional.

The judge further ruled that the bail granted the applicant was to subsist pending his arraignment by EFCC before any court or the hearing of his substantive suit.

The terms of Justice Olasunbo Goodluk's, ruling on Azibaola’s ex-parte application are that the bail should be guaranteed by two sureties and each of the sureties must be a serving or retired Director in any of the Federal Government’s ministries or parastatal resident within Abuja.
The applicant is also required to deposit his passport to the Chief Registrar of this court.

Azibaola Robert is a prominent entrepreneur from the Niger Delta with vast business interests in the area of construction and engineering. Two of his companies, Kakatar and Oneplus Holdings were mentioned among 300 other companies and individuals spread across the country by the presidential committee probing the contracts issued by the Office of the National Security Officer during Jonathan’s administration.

Azibaola's brother, who had earlier expressed fears over his brother's well-being, maintain that Robert had not breached any laws and his company, Mangroovtech, which is why now Kakatar CE Limited got all its contracts through jcompetitive bidding and nothing more

He then urged the EFCC to respect the laws of Nigeria and grant his brother immediate bail and release both him and the executive director of the firm or charge them to court of competent jurisdiction.

He added that the constitution of Nigeria protects his brother and Mr. Dakoru Atukpa, an executive director of his company, Oneplus Holdings from arbitrary arrest and being kept incommunicado for weeks without being charged to court or granted bail.‎

source
http://www.reportnaija.com/2016/04/gejs-nephew-granted-bail-after-arrest.html

cc lalasticlala

Re: Gej's Nephew Granted Bail After Arrest By EFCC by DaBullIT(m): 9:31pm On Apr 08, 2016
I hope they don't let him leave the country
Re: Gej's Nephew Granted Bail After Arrest By EFCC by BushidoBlue(m): 10:37pm On Apr 08, 2016
DaBullIT:
I hope they don't let him leave the country

They will, just to let it pain you some more

2 Likes

Re: Gej's Nephew Granted Bail After Arrest By EFCC by DaBullIT(m): 7:36am On Apr 09, 2016
BushidoBlue:

They will, just to let it pain you some more

I assumed you had some sense , apparently you don't , why do you think i ignored your other mentions ??

Anyways , If he leaves the country or not , i have nothing to gain or to loose , Just kindly shut your stinking hole about fuel scarcity , hardships and everything else since you prefer for criminals to walk free

and in time , i expect to see you and other robots dance to different tunes
Re: Gej's Nephew Granted Bail After Arrest By EFCC by odikimi: 7:48am On Apr 09, 2016
DaBullIT:

I assumed you had some sense , apparently you don't , why do you think i ignored your other mentions ??

Anyways , If he leaves the country or not , i have nothing to gain or to loose , Just kindly shut your stinking hole about fuel scarcity , hardships and everything else since you prefer for criminals to walk free

and in time , i expect to see you and other robots dance to different tunes
u had nothing to loose but you cried more than the bereaved but kept mum when Dalandar of CCT shamelessly said he freed Tinubu in error, meaning Tinubu too should've been in prison now gnashing his yellow sun teeth

2 Likes

Re: Gej's Nephew Granted Bail After Arrest By EFCC by DaBullIT(m): 8:14am On Apr 09, 2016
You can't just think up stories

Share the link here let's see
odikimi:

u had nothing to loose but you cried more than the bereaved but kept mum when Dalandar of CCT shamelessly said he freed Tinubu in error, meaning Tinubu too should've been in prison now gnashing his yellow sun teeth
Re: Gej's Nephew Granted Bail After Arrest By EFCC by odikimi: 10:49am On Apr 09, 2016
DaBullIT:

olodo o ya see for your self
http://2fit.com.ng/2016/03/25/cct-admits-error-in-freeing-tinubu-okays-sarakis-trial/

1 Like

Re: Gej's Nephew Granted Bail After Arrest By EFCC by kenny987(f): 11:25am On Apr 09, 2016
Here you go:

http://m.guardian.ng/news/cct-admits-error-in-freeing-tinubu-okays-sarakis-trial/

DaBullIT:

1 Like

Re: Gej's Nephew Granted Bail After Arrest By EFCC by Pidggin(f): 11:43am On Apr 09, 2016
Re: Gej's Nephew Granted Bail After Arrest By EFCC by DaBullIT(m): 11:45am On Apr 09, 2016
Mr Omowe

Kindly highlight what transpired exactly
odikimi:

olodo o ya see for your self
http://2fit.com.ng/2016/03/25/cct-admits-error-in-freeing-tinubu-okays-sarakis-trial/
Re: Gej's Nephew Granted Bail After Arrest By EFCC by odikimi: 11:48am On Apr 09, 2016
DaBullIT:
Mr Omowe

Kindly highlight what transpired exactly
u don't have data to open it, lol.
pls go meet Bubu da dullard to give u yo N5000 monthly stipend so u can afford because I know that was d reason u voted him

1 Like

Re: Gej's Nephew Granted Bail After Arrest By EFCC by kenny987(f): 11:48am On Apr 09, 2016
Pidggin:

Very interesting, so Tinubu was freed in error?

So the tribunal admits...I strongly believe that if it's not because of the strong political undertones that obviously colour this case because Saraki went against his party in becoming Senate President, the CCT Chairman would have followed precedent laid especially as he's the same person that made the ruling in Tinubu's case. There are also statutory provisions on the basis of which the CCT let Tinubu walk.

There must be very strong compelling reasons for a court or tribunal to overrule itself and in this case, the strong reason for Danladi Umar is political pressure n threats, nothing more.
Re: Gej's Nephew Granted Bail After Arrest By EFCC by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 09, 2016
Buhari is just fighting the opposition party and his perceived enemies with the scheme that he is fighting corruption.
Re: Gej's Nephew Granted Bail After Arrest By EFCC by Pidggin(f): 11:53am On Apr 09, 2016
kenny987:

So the tribunal admits...I strongly believe that if it's not because of the strong political undertones that obviously colour this case because Saraki went against his party in becoming Senate President, the CCT Chairman would have followed precedent laid especially as he's the same person that made the ruling in Tinubu's case.

There must be very strong compelling reasons for a court or tribunal to overrule itself and in this case, the strong reason for Danladi Umar is political pressure n threats, nothing more.

Definitely the heavy weights in APC are after him, they must have weighed their options and discovered that the best way out was the judge to admit he made a wrong decision. I hope Saraki survives this vendetta
Re: Gej's Nephew Granted Bail After Arrest By EFCC by DaBullIT(m): 12:01pm On Apr 09, 2016
**** , I already read the news from Guardian http://guardian.ng/news/cct-admits-error-in-freeing-tinubu-okays-sarakis-trial/

I dont have to click your link or visit your blog

and i asked you to explain why and how Tinubu was freed by error because you make it sound like the Government is particularly making it hard for Saraki
odikimi:

u don't have data to open it, lol.
pls go meet Bubu da dullard to give u yo N5000 monthly stipend so u can afford because I know that was d reason u voted him
Re: Gej's Nephew Granted Bail After Arrest By EFCC by kenny987(f): 12:01pm On Apr 09, 2016
Pidggin:

Definitely the heavy weights in APC are after him, they must have weighed their options and discovered that the best way out was the judge to admit he made a wrong decision. I hope Saraki survives this vendetta

If he is truly guilty and does not have a crack legal team to find and exploit any judicial loopholes, then he will go down for it. The APC clearly doesn't mind sacrificing this one. If nothing else it helps them claim they didn't only go after PDP members but it's obvious it's a political game.

That is the thing with politicians though, they do dirty deals and get away with them as they're in d good books of their cronies n party leadership. The moment one person displays an ambition different from the powers that be, your book of sins will be opened.

1 Like

Re: Gej's Nephew Granted Bail After Arrest By EFCC by Pidggin(f): 12:07pm On Apr 09, 2016
kenny987:

If he is truly guilty and does not have a crack legal team to find and exploit any judicial loopholes, then he will go down for it. The APC clearly doesn't mind sacrificing this one. If nothing else it helps them claim they didn't only go after PDP members but it's obvious it's a political game.

That is the thing with politicians though, they do dirty deals and get away with them as they're in d good books of their cronies n party leadership. The moment one person displays an ambition different from the powers that be, your book of sins will be opened.

Yeah, you are right. It seems they still don't trust Saraki, if I was in his shoes I would change party asap. Between, your analysis on this issue is on point.
Re: Gej's Nephew Granted Bail After Arrest By EFCC by kenny987(f): 12:12pm On Apr 09, 2016
DaBullIT:
See this oponu , I already read the news from Guardian http://guardian.ng/news/cct-admits-error-in-freeing-tinubu-okays-sarakis-trial/

I dont have to click your link or visit your blog

and i asked you to explain why and how Tinubu was freed by error because you make it sound like the Government is particularly making it hard for Saraki

Saraki's counsel Agabi asked the CCT to discharge his client because a condition precedent for a matter of this nature before the CCT was not complied with. The law provides that the statement of the accused/defendant must accompany all other processes before the matter can be heard by the tribunal. That presupposes an invitation by the CCB to a person under investigation to explain his part as regards his assets declaration form under investigation. That explanation translates to a statement.

With that and where such explanation or statement does not cure the defect on the declaration form, then the CCT has full jurisdiction to entertain the matter.

Tinubu was discharged because this condition was not met while other governors charged along with him were invited. On the basis of this the tribunal under same Danladi Umar discharged Tinubu. The same scenario played out for Saraki as he was not invited by the CCB and neither was a statement obtained before the matter was instituted before the tribunal.

However, on application by Saraki through his counsel on similar material facts as previously decided by the tribunal in Tinubu's case, the same Danladi Umar curiously ruled himself and the tribunal in error for dismissing Tinubu and has now assumed jurisdiction to hear the matter.
Re: Gej's Nephew Granted Bail After Arrest By EFCC by kenny987(f): 12:13pm On Apr 09, 2016
Pidggin:

Yeah, you are right. It seems they still don't trust Saraki, if I was in his shoes I would change party asap. Between, your analysis on this issue is on point.

Thanks. On switching parties at this time, I think it may not serve any good purpose for him now.

(1) (Reply)

Opc Ready To Unleash On Fulani... / How One Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1000 People / Militants Gives Fulani Herdsmen 14 Days To Vacate South East/south

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.