Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:01 PM

I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! (46684 Views)

Stolen Toyota Corolla Sports / I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! / Help A Nairalander Recover His Stolen Toyota Corolla (2) (3) (4)

Re: I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! by freshvine(f): 4:43pm On Apr 09, 2016
Op, did you mean they disconnected the tracker on the Lexus Rx350 around Obigbo?

If that's the case, what then is the stress installing a tracker on a car when it can be disconnected at will?
Re: I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 09, 2016
Lucky you. They gave you better Tyers and rims
Re: I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! by culcid(m): 5:04pm On Apr 09, 2016
Bishops10:

pls Bro no vex
How much you buy am including paper processing and others and where??

1.6m from an importer in Lagos, added about 150k for other stuffs and to have it in PH.

Re: I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! by culcid(m): 5:14pm On Apr 09, 2016
Bollinger:

The bold statement is the funniest thing i ever read. Before you go to bed tonight, leave your house doors open and leave the security to God. You are responsible for your own security. The sooner people realize that your rise and fall is entirely up to you the better. Look at the country today. People are still waiting for God to come deliver the country instead of looking inwards and starting to do things the right way to get better. Na wah for una.

I use to have the same mindset as you. You can never tell how sweet an orange is until you taste it, same with our belief. Its a mystery to those that don't know. Our security is in our hands, yes I believe , but our hands is in His hands, so he controls all. Bro, my philosophy is this, do all you can , but never put your trust in them, the final say is His. Like I said earlier, I used to have the same mindset as you.

Re: I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! by chiomzy25(f): 5:14pm On Apr 09, 2016
Congratulations ohhh. I pray I too find my missing boyfriend
Re: I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! by fortunechy(m): 5:19pm On Apr 09, 2016
biko gwazie ndi yard unu
Re: I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! by culcid(m): 5:20pm On Apr 09, 2016
freshvine:
Op, did you mean they disconnected the tracker on the Lexus Rx350 around Obigbo?

If that's the case, what then is the stress installing a tracker on a car when it can be disconnected at will?

My dear, tracker is very good, mine will be intact before night fall. Professionals might be among them.to have been able to disconnect it. Also we are different individuals, what happened to another might not necessarily come to you.
Re: I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! by culcid(m): 5:29pm On Apr 09, 2016
Vince77:
Thank God for d recovery.
I just checked to verify ur number plate and it says
"The number plate is valid and assigned to a Lexus RX 350."

So i think they swaped number plate with that of d other man dat reported his RX350.

You are right, have informed the owner of the RX 350

Re: I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! by dbalinga(m): 5:32pm On Apr 09, 2016
I felt really sorry for you when you opened the thread, wondering the stress you may have gone through purchasing the car in the first place then having to loose it in just 8 days.......but today I am so so happy for you. It's a MIRACLE. Word of advice, if you can cough a Million plus for a ride, no harm paying for a comprehensive cover bro.
Re: I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! by Bollinger(m): 5:37pm On Apr 09, 2016
culcid:

I use to have the same mindset as you. You can never tell how sweet an orange is until you taste it, same with our belief. Its a mystery to those that don't know. Our security is in our hands, yes I believe , but our hands is in His hands, so he controls all. Bro, my philosophy is this, do all you can , but never put your trust in them, the final say is His. Like I said earlier, I used to have the same mindset as you.

Why is it that it is only people who are going through economic hardship that believe that a higher power will save them? Meanwhile, countries with "sinners", and people with no respect for their "elders" are doing so much better in every and all things. You all should wake and start taking your future with both hands and start doing what other normal people do. Nobody or being will help you until you help yourself.

Re: I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! by olufoluke: 5:40pm On Apr 09, 2016
Congrats. May our properties never be stolen
Re: I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! by ogogo24(m): 5:42pm On Apr 09, 2016
Congratulations bro, to God be the glory. E no easy at all, I could only imagine what you went through.

God's guidance and protection on us all.
Re: I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! by Kaira333: 6:08pm On Apr 09, 2016
Thank God for d recovery oo. But stop claiming highly spiritual brother untill u make dat ur baby ur wife wink
Re: I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! by culcid(m): 6:20pm On Apr 09, 2016
Bollinger:

Why is it that it is only people who are going through economic hardship that believe that a higher power will save them? Meanwhile, countries with "sinners", and people with no respect for their "elders" are doing so much better in every and all things. You all should wake and start taking your future with both hands and start doing what other normal people do. Nobody or being will help you until you help yourself.

Like I said earlier, taste and see. If you think my belief is because of hardship, I can only laugh.
Re: I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! by culcid(m): 6:21pm On Apr 09, 2016
Kaira333:
Thank God for d recovery oo. But stop claiming highly spiritual brother untill u make dat ur baby ur wife wink
She's actually my wife, prefers calling her baby.
Re: I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! by Bollinger(m): 6:26pm On Apr 09, 2016
culcid:

Like I said earlier, taste and see. If you think my belief is because of hardship, I can only laugh.

I have tasted and and i have seen. The conclusion I and every normal person in the world has come to is, no one to help you but yourself. If Nigerians start to collectively think like this, their lives will be so much better. History has taught us the kind of monstrosities people have done all in the name of religion. All religion does is make religious leaders rich and promulgate barbaric tendencies. Plain and simple.
Re: I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! by joinnow: 6:29pm On Apr 09, 2016
I have used tramigo for 30k. I can send it to u in ph. T23.but you also don't steal their Aloy Rim make sure you return it
Re: I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! by Vince77(m): 6:43pm On Apr 09, 2016
culcid:

You are right, have informed the owner of the RX 350
ok good
Re: I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! by altalknardo1(m): 6:51pm On Apr 09, 2016
come my cabal make we celebrate
Re: I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! by ihail(m): 7:00pm On Apr 09, 2016
Thank God 4u. They replaced ur number with d RX350...http://www.nvisng.org/NumberPlateVerification.aspx
Re: I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! by mykel25(m): 7:11pm On Apr 09, 2016
Still go for vehicle tracking....pay the installer extra money to put it in an unimaginable place
Re: I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! by culcid(m): 7:35pm On Apr 09, 2016
Bollinger:

I have tasted and and i have seen. The conclusion I and every normal person in the world has come to is, no one to help you but yourself. If Nigerians start to collectively think like this, their lives will be so much better. History has taught us the kind of monstrosities people have done all in the name of religion. All religion does is make religious leaders rich and promulgate barbaric tendencies. Plain and simple.

Nobody is talking about being religious, its an entirely different thing. I've never been an advocate of negligence of responsibility, only trying to let you know that when we seem incapacitated, even after doing our best, there is a power that can still step in, it has nothing to do with religion. And for the records, we are not just normal human beings, the belief somehow makes us extra normal human beings . It won't cost you anything to do all you can and still trust a superior power, that how I roll.
Re: I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! by Bollinger(m): 7:56pm On Apr 09, 2016
culcid:

Nobody is talking about being religious, its an entirely different thing. I've never been an advocate of negligence of responsibility, only trying to let you know that when we seem incapacitated, even after doing our best, there is a power that can still step in, it has nothing to do with religion. And for the records, we are not just normal human beings, the belief somehow makes us extra normal human beings . It won't cost you anything to do all you can and still trust a superior power, that how I roll.

Your statement is an oxymoron. How can you believe in God and not be religious? And for your belief which makes you a extra normal human beings, well there should be a lot of "super normal human beings" in Nigeria. Which means that everything should be fine in that country. Nice. I get it now.
Re: I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! by Bayswater: 8:00pm On Apr 09, 2016
culcid:
I really don't know where to start.

Did you import this car yourself or it was bought from a dealer?
Re: I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! by culcid(m): 8:22pm On Apr 09, 2016
Bollinger:

Your statement is an oxymoron. How can you believe in God and not be religious? And for your belief which makes you a extra normal human beings, well there should be a lot of "super normal human beings" in Nigeria. Which means that everything should be fine in that country. Nice. I get it now.

Now I get your stand. Being religious has nothing to do with ones belief, commitment and spirituality. Its an individual thing. Religion ends in the world and guarantees nothing, the relationship you have with Him is what matters, that doesn't stop me from being a human, working hard, putting security in my car etc Just that I can't rely on those things even after doing all the necessary things. Copy?
Re: I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! by culcid(m): 8:24pm On Apr 09, 2016
Bayswater:

Did you import this car yourself or it was bought from a dealer?

Was bought from a dealer, though I picked the car before it was shipped to Nigeria.
Re: I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! by Bollinger(m): 8:37pm On Apr 09, 2016
culcid:

Now I get your stand. Being religious has nothing to do with ones belief, commitment and spirituality. Its an individual thing. Religion ends in the world and guarantees nothing, the relationship you have with Him is what matters, that doesn't stop me from being a human, working hard, putting security in my car etc Just that I can't rely on those things even after doing all the necessary things. Copy?

Good. I am glad i have succeeded in steering you away from the erroneous statement you initially made because i remember clearly reading this;
culcid:

LESSONS

1, Our security is in Gods hands

Carry on.
Re: I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! by histemple: 8:52pm On Apr 09, 2016
culcid:

Late yesterday after explaining my ordeal to a friend, another nairalander(chiboy11), he encouraged me to open a thread on NL , with regards to my stolen car, I heeded to his advice, although a little bit skeptical.

The car was delivered to me on easter Sunday and
as a beginner, I sought advice from people that were experienced, on the necessary things I need to put in place.

Security, tracker, writing the number on the body parts and comprehensive insurance were what I was advised to do, to which I obliged, hoping to do all before the month runs out, being that I was also adviced to be careful not to engage criminals in any of the activities.
Also because of my work schedule, making out time was hard.

For the 8 days I used the car before it was stolen, I didn't drive the car up to 10hours, as I don't go to work with it, but used it mostly at night to drop my baby at her working place, she's a nurse.

It was after dropping her off that four masked guys attacked me and took the car away around 8:04pm.

After the incidence, I started suspecting everybody around me, believing that they have noticed my daily routine.
Meanwhile , on Sunday , being a believer and lover of God, I dedicated the car in my church, where my pastor and all the church members gathered, anointed and.prayed for the car. My Pastor was so crazy when I called him that my car was snatched, a day after he prayed for it....Devil is a big liar..

Immediately my car was stolen, I ran back to my babys working place, used her phone to call PH police emergency number, went to the nearest police station to inform them and called my pastor and some other people to inform them.

My BP have already risen, confusion up n down, but somehow I managed not to go insane.

You would have done this and that is what I kept hearing, I even blamed my self enough, but being a believer, I know deep down that God is aware of everything that is happening.

At the station while making statement, another person came and reported that the same group took his car, he described the car they came with, which matched my cars descritption. His own car, Lexus RX 350, has tracker and security, but before 20mins they disconnected everything at Obigbo, which was the last place the car was tracked.

To cut the long story short, I can't count the number of people that kept praying and encouraging me.
Even after posting it on NL, more people joined, calling and praying, bringing suggestions, a guy even called me all the way from UK, just to encourage me.

RECOVERY

So today, while in the office, my relation called me that he saw a car that looks exactly like mine, at a place not too far from my house, I left everything I was doing and went there, lo n behold, they have changed the tyre and rim, replaced the plate number, removed all the logo and stickers on it, but somehow forgot to remove the auto reg sticker at the down part of the windscreen.
I wanted to run, the feeling of gun pointing at me came back, I don't know what to do, called my pastor and my boss.
Some area boys said the car was packed there since yesterdays night, that I should not call police as they will help me to catch the thieves. I told them capital NO, my interest was my car, called the police.
To my surprise, police wasn't interested in getting who packed the car, after wasting almost 1hour to get there.

I towed towed the car to Mile one police station , made necessary documentations, before twoing it again to the station where I first reported it.

LESSONS

1, Our security is in Gods hands

2, Ensure that every necessary thing with regards to your car security is done, it will help to reduce the blame, not necessarily the rsik of being stolen.

3, Associate yourself with people that knows God, at a time like this, they might be more helpful than anything

4, Please if you are in PH, don't go out once its dark, the town is completely porous and unsecured

5, Please never in your life steal or cheat anybody. The trauma is not worth experiencing .

Special appreciation to chiboy11 and all the people that called me, gave suggestions , gave me their pastors numbers and prayed for me.

Whoever that did this, I have forgiven you.

The people that tried to siphon money from me, not minding the pain I was already passing through , like the guy that called from Ikorodu, for me to send card cos he has seen the car, kindly kneel down and plead for Gods forgiveness.

This is my night of praise, this is my testimony: a car with no security or tracker, that is hot cake, stolen at gun point, was recovered after four days.
Devil you can your life, lying liar.

Lalasticlala, thanks for moving the other one to FP, pls do it again.

Congratulations bro. Please call me so I can direct you to where you will insure that car and forget about worrying about stealing the car or even accident as the insurance company will take full responsibility and repay you the value
Re: I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! by Fraih(f): 9:21pm On Apr 09, 2016
This is good news!!!
Re: I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! by lovely17(m): 9:21pm On Apr 09, 2016
I pity the person they sold the car to owo jona
Re: I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! by Bayswater: 9:27pm On Apr 09, 2016
culcid:

Was bought from a dealer, though I picked the car before it was shipped to Nigeria.

These dealers are shady, you know. They sell a car to you and they come back for it later. I am not accusing your dealer of any complicity in this but some of them can't be trusted.
Re: I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! by kenoz(m): 9:52pm On Apr 09, 2016
Congrats bro

9units Of 2007 To 2010 Model Toyota Camry Xle Fully Loaded Toks / Here Is How To Process Your Tint Permit / My Own Pre-order Tale With Inspired Autos (Finally delivered, resolved)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55