Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,228 members, 7,780,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:12 PM

Gang Kills A Pastor In Rivers For Preaching Repentance To Them - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gang Kills A Pastor In Rivers For Preaching Repentance To Them (31550 Views)

'One Million Boys' Gang Kills Woman In Ibadan (Photo) / Gang Kills Father Of Five For Laughing (photo) / Badoo Gang Kills Family Of 5 Including Pregnant Woman In Ikorodu [Graphics] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gang Kills A Pastor In Rivers For Preaching Repentance To Them by ijustdey: 9:01pm On Apr 08, 2016
Rivers pastor killed for preaching repentance

Chukwu Ekere, a pastor based in Rivers state have been killed for preaching repentance in the oil-rich state.

According to the police, the Rivers State Police Command arrested the culprits along with four suspected kidnappers and one armed robber.

The police also recovered stolen vehicles.
In a statement by Ahmad Muhammad, DSP, the Public Relations Officer, PPRO, he said the arrests were made at Ohigha in Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni Local Government and in Diobu, Port Harcourt.

The suspects arrested include: Henry Ajie, 23; Bright Ajie, 22, Dadison Ogadima, 22, and Sampson Dibia, 30, all of Ohigha village for complicity in the kidnapping of Mrs Igila Sunday of Ohigha village on January 7, 2016.

According to the police command “the suspects confessed to the allegations of the victim’s kidnapping after which they raped, strangulated her and buried her corpse in shallow grave at Ogbosi.

“The gang also confessed to have been responsible for the kidnapping Pastor Chukwu Ekere of same Ohigha community and killed him for the simple reason that the man of God disturbed them with his preaching of repentance and also for urging them to shun their nefarious activities and accept God.”

In a related development, the Command arrested Chidebere Ngangbu, 35 years and recovered two suspected stolen vehicles from him. The suspect was arrested on April 7 at about 10:30 pm along Ejike street, Diobu, Port Harcourt.

His arrest was on the heels of a reliable tip off that the suspect was sighted with vehicles presumed to have been stolen.

“The vehicles recovered from him are brown Toyota Camry with registration number Rivers SKP 239 HR and brown Nissan Murano SUV With registration No. Lagos KRD 190 AC.

The police said the suspects will be charged to court as soon as the investigations are concluded.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/04/08/rivers-pastor-killed-for-preaching-repentance/

Pics of the gang members that killed the pastor

3 Shares

Re: Gang Kills A Pastor In Rivers For Preaching Repentance To Them by homeboy205: 9:02pm On Apr 08, 2016
End time - nairaland slang

4 Likes

Re: Gang Kills A Pastor In Rivers For Preaching Repentance To Them by uhalauju(f): 9:03pm On Apr 08, 2016
Naiiijjjjaaa ooooo!!!!!! Which way r we heading to?
Re: Gang Kills A Pastor In Rivers For Preaching Repentance To Them by chido20(m): 9:04pm On Apr 08, 2016
dem boys smoke sk
Re: Gang Kills A Pastor In Rivers For Preaching Repentance To Them by Ezedon(m): 9:05pm On Apr 08, 2016
Those who killed by the sword shall die by the sword

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gang Kills A Pastor In Rivers For Preaching Repentance To Them by madridguy(m): 9:05pm On Apr 08, 2016
Rip
Re: Gang Kills A Pastor In Rivers For Preaching Repentance To Them by urchcoded(m): 9:11pm On Apr 08, 2016
rip to the dead
Re: Gang Kills A Pastor In Rivers For Preaching Repentance To Them by kozmokaz(m): 9:11pm On Apr 08, 2016
and truly ....we are in the end time!
look at how innocent they look

5 Likes

Re: Gang Kills A Pastor In Rivers For Preaching Repentance To Them by pet4ril(f): 9:12pm On Apr 08, 2016
Idiots angry angry you people will not die again since you have killed another cry animals

3 Likes

Re: Gang Kills A Pastor In Rivers For Preaching Repentance To Them by knightsTempler: 9:12pm On Apr 08, 2016
funny how the world is evolving into a cruel and viscous place....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gang Kills A Pastor In Rivers For Preaching Repentance To Them by JSayin(f): 9:14pm On Apr 08, 2016
A life truly dedicated to God is usually full of huge challenges and it is not uncommon to pay with a sacrifice of your own life.

BTW, does anyone else notice that the shortest one amongst them looks like the most unrepentant?

4 Likes

Re: Gang Kills A Pastor In Rivers For Preaching Repentance To Them by Smooyis(m): 9:35pm On Apr 08, 2016
Too bad. What is this world turning to

1 Like

Re: Gang Kills A Pastor In Rivers For Preaching Repentance To Them by Fmartin(m): 9:46pm On Apr 08, 2016
What a world we ar living in.........

#RIP pastor
Re: Gang Kills A Pastor In Rivers For Preaching Repentance To Them by Nobody: 6:20am On Apr 09, 2016
Please, what's the difference between a KIDNAPPER and an ARMED ROBBER... .?

So i see no difference.
Useless souls.

Imagine 2 brothers from same parents.
LORD, I speak with heavy heart, that any day marked by the devil, for me to yield these kind of eediots through child-bearing, may I wear a CONDOM to sleep with my wife.
IF CONDOM fails, may that also ABORT spontaneously.. . IJN

8 Likes

Re: Gang Kills A Pastor In Rivers For Preaching Repentance To Them by omusiliyu(m): 12:46pm On Apr 09, 2016
Cultist based of the nation.

Wike and Amaechi must be blamed for this.

1 Like

Re: Gang Kills A Pastor In Rivers For Preaching Repentance To Them by kennysteve77: 12:46pm On Apr 09, 2016
I pity the future of this country with what our old leaders have turned the youths into...

1 Like

Re: Gang Kills A Pastor In Rivers For Preaching Repentance To Them by Integrityfarms(m): 12:47pm On Apr 09, 2016
Better to die for the cause of righteousness than for ungodly practices. A martyr is made. Sudden death in Christ is sudden glory!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gang Kills A Pastor In Rivers For Preaching Repentance To Them by skywalker495(m): 12:47pm On Apr 09, 2016
he who dies for Christ shall rise with christ....
My condolence to d bereaved...

2 Likes

Re: Gang Kills A Pastor In Rivers For Preaching Repentance To Them by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 09, 2016
shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Gang Kills A Pastor In Rivers For Preaching Repentance To Them by kennyman2000(m): 12:51pm On Apr 09, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: Gang Kills A Pastor In Rivers For Preaching Repentance To Them by ikombe: 12:51pm On Apr 09, 2016
why is the second guy from the left wearing the type of my boxer angry

i go slap am oh undecided

2 Likes

Re: Gang Kills A Pastor In Rivers For Preaching Repentance To Them by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 09, 2016
Really sad. No one should be killed for what they believe.
Re: Gang Kills A Pastor In Rivers For Preaching Repentance To Them by nairaman66(m): 12:52pm On Apr 09, 2016
PHC the new Sodom and Gomorrah!!
Re: Gang Kills A Pastor In Rivers For Preaching Repentance To Them by wintersnow(m): 12:52pm On Apr 09, 2016
Book haram
Fulani herdsmen
Militant
Kidnappers
Ritualist
Rapist
Armed robbers
Fuel

God save Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gang Kills A Pastor In Rivers For Preaching Repentance To Them by piagetskinner(m): 12:53pm On Apr 09, 2016
See their faces.... Mad cows.. At least the preacher died a martyr

1 Like

Re: Gang Kills A Pastor In Rivers For Preaching Repentance To Them by kel4soft: 12:55pm On Apr 09, 2016
How come my state is now known for bad news.

1 Like

Re: Gang Kills A Pastor In Rivers For Preaching Repentance To Them by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 09, 2016
Jungle justice is needed

2 Likes

Re: Gang Kills A Pastor In Rivers For Preaching Repentance To Them by Ginaz(f): 1:00pm On Apr 09, 2016
Na WA. This country is na wa
Re: Gang Kills A Pastor In Rivers For Preaching Repentance To Them by Jediel1(m): 1:05pm On Apr 09, 2016
Kai naija what d hell is dis place turning into. Sha i blame buhari bcus him no give unemployed people their 5k wey him promise dem while campaigning. ( Quote me and u no go c fuel buy )
Re: Gang Kills A Pastor In Rivers For Preaching Repentance To Them by imsuboi(m): 1:05pm On Apr 09, 2016
Zoogeria
Re: Gang Kills A Pastor In Rivers For Preaching Repentance To Them by johnchiii(m): 1:06pm On Apr 09, 2016
that boy putting on the polo written "sorry i'm late" looks like a future hardened criminal...

nawa o.. imaqine their aqe.

1 Like

Re: Gang Kills A Pastor In Rivers For Preaching Repentance To Them by MistadeRegal(m): 1:06pm On Apr 09, 2016
uhalauju:
Naiiijjjjaaa ooooo!!!!!! Which way r we heading to?

Anywhere you point to on the compass

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Badoo Boys Kill A Man, Injure His Son (Graphic Photos) / Man Found Inside Canal In Lagos, Handed Over To The Police (Photos) / Father Remanded In Prison For Raping His 18-Year-Old Daughter Inside His Shop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.