Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

Vote For These 5 Nigerian Startups To Get Into The Global GIST Tech-i Finals - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Vote For These 5 Nigerian Startups To Get Into The Global GIST Tech-i Finals (690 Views)

5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) / Nigerian Teens Shine At The Global Robot Olympics (Photos) / Taking Tech Startups To PARIS Viva The #vivatech Initiative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Vote For These 5 Nigerian Startups To Get Into The Global GIST Tech-i Finals by 1manArmay: 11:39pm On Apr 08, 2016
Its a known fact that Nigeria is full of entrepreneurial talent and lately our technology entrepreneurs have started gaining international reach.

This year, 5 founders from Nigeria have scaled into the semifinals of the global GIST Tech-I competition with 102 others from 135 countries.

The GIST Tech-I competition is an annual science and technology entrepreneurship competition for innovators from emerging markets to gain visibility, mentorship and funding. The competition is organized by the U.S. department of State's Global Innovation through Science & Technology (GIST) Initiative and implemented by the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS).

This 5 founder and their startups/ideas include:

1. Silas Okwoche (NerveFlo.com) 2. Daniel Isa (AfriBotix) 3. Maxwell Chinnah (Genesys Cooker) 4. Destiny Fredrick (EcoFuture) 5. Nnenna Okoye (ResSpot)

You can get more details of their innovative startup/ideas by watching their pitch videos at the GIST website.

VOTING is currently ongoing everyday from April 1 until May 1 to help determine the 30 finalist that will showcase and pitch at the 2016 Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES 2016) June 23-26 in Silicon Valley, California U.S.A.

Support our own people to go global at the finals by VOTING for them all at the GIST website. In order to vote, please follow the following steps;

1. Log in/register at the GIST website here --> www.gistnetwork.org/user/register

2. Then use this link to find all the Nigerian startup entries on one page http://x0d.org/gist

3. Finally, Click the "Select All" button, then click the "Batch Vote" button.

A notification will popup thanking you for your vote and informing you that you can vote again in 24 hours. It is also inform you to vote for a country for next year's bootcamp, please select "Nigeria" and vote.

See example screenshots below.

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vote For These 5 Nigerian Startups To Get Into The Global GIST Tech-i Finals by khalhokage(m): 5:50am On Apr 09, 2016
I'll vote.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How To Transfer Photos Videos From Samsung Galaxy Note 2/3/4/5 To Note 7 / Perfect Answer To The Question "When Will The World End"? / Eclipse Of The Sun As Seen In Asaba Delta State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.