Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

What Should I Do? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Should I Do? (1342 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Do? by achoudeh(m): 6:46am On Aug 01, 2009
i am 36 years of age and my wife is 28 years, we married five years ago,now she is living with me in europe, the worries is that we had a baby girl with will be 2 years by augost this year, and a baby boy that will be 1 year on september this year,and now my wife is telling me she is pregnant agian, if you are in my shoe what will do?
Re: What Should I Do? by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 01, 2009
Re: What Should I Do? by achoudeh(m): 7:09am On Aug 01, 2009
chaircover:

All you need to do now is to thank God for his blessings and prepare for the new baby.

AFTER she has had the baby & if you don't want any more children then you both visit the familyplanning clinic and select an appropriate family planning method.
thanx for the advice, i thank God for the blessing
Re: What Should I Do? by anochie: 8:50am On Aug 01, 2009
just thk babaGod fr his mercies upon yr family n pls dont thk of aborting d baby fr there are some dat ve been fsting n praying fr friut of d womb fr yrs bt nothing happened but GOD favoured u highly with it. bros its not easy but let yr wife perseveer then after this one go fr family planning to avoid future occurance.xtend my regards to her n may d gd LORD grant her stress free pregnancy ameeeen
Re: What Should I Do? by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 01, 2009
chaircover:

All you need to do now is to thank God for his blessings and prepare for the new baby.

AFTER she has had the baby & if you don't want any more children then you both visit the familyplanning clinic and select an appropriate family planning method.

Well said. @ Poster visit the clinic, it's in your best interest to be responsible for your family.
Re: What Should I Do? by achoudeh(m): 12:55pm On Aug 01, 2009
@anochia thanks we are not thinking about abort , thanks for the advice too.
Re: What Should I Do? by manmustwac(m): 2:05am On Aug 03, 2009
achoudeh:

@anochia thanks we are not thinking about abort , thanks for the advice too.
Your wife is pregnant with your third child, your not thinking of abortion and u seem quite happy, so what was the point in starting a topic asking what we would do if we were your shoes?
Re: What Should I Do? by Sissy3(f): 2:50am On Aug 03, 2009
do nothing than prepare for the birth of your third child and afterward plan ahead there are tons of contraception out there to prevent such sudden incidents so take advantage of it. good luck to you.
Re: What Should I Do? by Outstrip(f): 5:51am On Aug 03, 2009
Have you ever heard of birth control. I had to laugh when you wrote "My wife is telling me she is pregnant again". As if she impregnated herself. Be a man and have the baby and keep providing as you should. Next time of you do not want your wife to tell you that she is pregnant you better discuss what method of birth control you will use and then actually use it
Re: What Should I Do? by achoudeh(m): 8:32am On Aug 03, 2009
@outstrip thanks 4 the advice, we planed the pullout but it did not work, what do you think will be the best?
Re: What Should I Do? by Sissy3(f): 1:58am On Aug 04, 2009
there are many types of birth control you both could use:

condoms~ when used properly collect the sperm and prevent them from entering the female reproductive tract

rhythm method~ this requires avoiding sexual intercourse when the woman is ovulating. it's best to avoid intercourse both a few days prior and a few days after ovulating. this method requires that your wife knows when she's ovulating. this method is only effective when your wife know how body well enough and knows when she's ovulating and not. which not all women knows

vaginal condoms~ they're placed in the vagina prior to sexual intercourse

spermicidal foams and gels
: these kill the sperms before they travel to the uterine tubes. they're inserted into the vagina and/or placed on the penis prior to sexual intercourse. foams and gels are not the most effective method of birth control, rather they should be used in conjunction with a physical barrier method

Diaphragms and cervical caps: prevents sperm from entering the cervix. incorrect placement could result in pregnancy

lactation: can prevent ovulation and menstruation for several to many months after childbirth and if only done constantly like- breastfeeding much more than five times a day. not the best method to use though.

intrauterine devices:, oral(pills) contraceptive, morning after pills, mifepristone, implanted/injected progestins: and estrogen/progestin patches

and a surgical method----advisable only when you both are ready to stop having kids. tubal ligation and vasectomy
Re: What Should I Do? by Hauwa1: 2:13am On Aug 04, 2009
I dont like it when men think women should be the one to prevent pregnancy.

if the man i will marry is expecting that from me, then he should be ready for full house.

Poster, talk with your doctor and go for Vasectomy.

i found this for you OP, cheers.

http://www.ehow.com/way_5218175_family-planning-methods-men.html
Re: What Should I Do? by achoudeh(m): 8:43am On Aug 04, 2009
@sissy thank you very much,
@Hauwa, i let her do her own she knows her ovulation period but she said it did not work, so i am seaking for other method, thank again for link you sent is helpful going through it THANKS
Re: What Should I Do? by busybody20: 11:48am On Aug 04, 2009
@ poster

grin
Invest in Condoms!

or u can visit the nearest health clinic for contraceptive advice. . . . there r lots of options.

All d best
Re: What Should I Do? by achoudeh(m): 2:28pm On Aug 04, 2009
@busybody thank you,but i dont like condom, i will take the other advice to visit the doctor
Re: What Should I Do? by jumie(f): 3:25pm On Aug 04, 2009
Start planning for your new baby!!
Re: What Should I Do? by achoudeh(m): 3:41pm On Aug 04, 2009
jumie:

Start planning for your new baby!! thanks i have no options
Re: What Should I Do? by Fhemmmy: 4:52pm On Aug 04, 2009
Be happy.
Kiss her for giving you kids and tell her you will be by her for the rest of your life.
If that is too many kids, go and cut the cable but make sure not the live wire oh.
Re: What Should I Do? by plappville(f): 6:48pm On Aug 04, 2009
Thank ur God for making u a very productive, but know that u are in the europe where child care is very expensive, u guys should try and do some protection after the 4rd one is born, abi u won be father Abraham but if u know u are capable of taking care of many children then continue with ur good job, some people in the Europe produce kids without space simply becos of child allowances from the gouvernment, But i don't think 3 or 4 will be too much for an afikana guy lols.
Re: What Should I Do? by Fhemmmy: 7:50pm On Aug 04, 2009
plappville:

Thank ur God for making u a very productive, but know that u are in the europe where child care is very expensive, u guys should try and do some protection after the 4rd one is born, abi u won be father Abraham but if u know u are capable of taking care of many children then continue with ur good job, some people in the Europe produce kids without space simply becos of child allowances from the gouvernment, But i don't think 3 or 4 will be too much for an afikana guy lols.

the more the merrier
Re: What Should I Do? by plappville(f): 8:03pm On Aug 04, 2009
Fhemmmy:

the more the merrier
i hear u, with all these hard time na u dey the more the merrier? shocked
Re: What Should I Do? by Fhemmmy: 8:09pm On Aug 04, 2009
plappville:

i hear u, with all these hard time na u dey the more the merrier? shocked

na God give children and na him go give what to take care of them with.
Re: What Should I Do? by plappville(f): 8:18pm On Aug 04, 2009
haven't u heard of stories where parents take their kids to restuarant and abadon them there? some couldn't even educate the kids, so why make plenty when u can't give them the best life and educate they desarve? God who gave thesekids will not also be happy to see that we aren't able to take good care of them abi na lie?
Re: What Should I Do? by Fhemmmy: 8:29pm On Aug 04, 2009
plappville:

haven't u heard of stories where parents take their kids to restuarant and abadon them there? some couldn't even educate the kids, so why make plenty when u can't give them the best life and educate they desarve? God who gave thesekids will not also be happy to see that we aren't able to take good care of them abi na lie?

u dont call those a parent.
Re: What Should I Do? by Nomswilli(m): 9:45pm On Aug 04, 2009
U should be happy any way, Cos it shows dat u ar alive 4rm d inside.I bliv dat by nw u sure knw wat 2 do just inkase u want proper child spacing.Wish u luk. cheesy
Re: What Should I Do? by SeanT21(f): 4:32am On Aug 05, 2009
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS. wink

What else is there to do but take care of the baby!!
Re: What Should I Do? by achoudeh(m): 8:05am On Aug 05, 2009
thank you all
@SeanT21 i will take care of them, and i thank GOD for the BLESSING too
@Nomswilli i am happy for the coming one but what i want to know is how to nt let it happen agian you understand me the best way b/cos i plan with my wife to have only four but not all together one.
@plappville, dont worry i am not here to ask for help to take care of them i am capeble, thank you
Re: What Should I Do? by agathamari(f): 6:33pm On Aug 06, 2009
go have a vasectomy. takes 20 min you can do it durring your lunch break and go right back to everyday life and no more kids (its reversable if you change your mind later)
Re: What Should I Do? by Fhemmmy: 7:08pm On Aug 06, 2009
agathamari:

go have a vasectomy. takes 20 min you can do it durring your lunch break and go right back to everyday life and no more kids (its reversable if you change your mind later)

what if by mistake, the live cable is cut off?

(1) (Reply)

Extreme Contraception / How To Pepare For A Newly Born Baby / 2 Kids Burnt Alive In Jos As Mother Goes After Cheating Lover At Midnight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.