Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,900 members, 7,802,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Eleven Crazy Traffic Laws From Around The World - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Eleven Crazy Traffic Laws From Around The World (883 Views)

Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties / 5 Crazy Copycat Cars At A Chinese Auto Show / Have Kids Ever Written Crazy Stuffs On Your Car ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eleven Crazy Traffic Laws From Around The World by hrhjnr(m): 10:37am On Apr 09, 2016
In most of the developed countries, traffic laws violations are a serious crime and you can end up paying huge fines or even land in jail. Here are the top 11 crazy traffic laws of various cities, counties and countries.

1. Spain

If you do not have a healthy eyesight: Guess What! The state law requires you to carry one extra pair of glasses in your vehicle when driving or pay the fine.

2. Florida

You need a license to legally SKATEBOARD! Weird?

3. Denver

A car whose color is multi-talented, empowering and elegant is BANNED to drive on Sundays. Yep! You guessed it right. Any BLACK CAR by law is banned to be driven on Sundays.

4. New Jersey

Here, you CANNOT frown at any cop or you shall pay the price in terms of FINE.

5. Arkansas

It is illegal to honk at any car where drinks and/or sandwiches are served after 9 p.m.

6. France

(BYOB – Bring Your Own Breathalyser) All drivers must carry a Breathalyser Kit always, if found without one when checked, you could be fined €17. And breathalyser kits are disposable, meaning they can only be use once and you throw them away. You’ll to keep a carton with you just so you have one til the next police stop.

7. Russia

You must keep you car clean and neat, driving a DIRTY CAR can end you up with fine of N18,000 ($58)

8. Cyprus

Don’t even think about sipping that chilled drink! – OR you will end up paying €85 for road law violation

9. Manila

How do you control traffic? Well, you find the ones whose vehicles License Plate number end in 1 and 2 on Monday, 3 and 4 on Tuesdays and so on and FINE them. This is THE LAW!

10. Estonia

All vehicles MUST CARRY two Wheel Chocks (triangular wooden blocks to be positioned next to tyres when parked), First-Aid kit, Fire Extinguisher, two Warning Triangles, moreover you must keep your headlights ON at all times.

11. Luxemburg

My vehicle doesn’t have windshield. (You maybe in an Aerial Atom) Right, but still you need to pay the fine since you require Windscreen Wipers by law regardless of whether you have a windscreen or not.

http://carworldng..com.ng/2016/03/eleven-crazy-traffic-laws-from-around.html

1 Like

Re: Eleven Crazy Traffic Laws From Around The World by divinehand2003(m): 10:45am On Apr 09, 2016
12. Nigeria

'' All commercial drivers and some private car owners must carry all the documents of their vehicles, their driver's license, plus N200 fine to give to the Nigerian police always as you plan to go about your daily activities. The Nigerian police is your friend indeed''.

1 Like

Re: Eleven Crazy Traffic Laws From Around The World by Oche211(m): 11:01am On Apr 09, 2016
That u Cannot frown at a cop in New Jersey got me laughing.
What abt if the cop is ugly or annoying like naija policemen
Re: Eleven Crazy Traffic Laws From Around The World by hrhjnr(m): 11:09am On Apr 09, 2016
divinehand2003:
12. Nigeria

'' All commercial drivers and some private car owners must carry all the documents of their vehicles, their driver's license, plus N200 fine to give to the Nigerian police always as you plan to go about your daily activities. The Nigerian police is your friend indeed''.

Lol! I should have added that too.
Re: Eleven Crazy Traffic Laws From Around The World by hrhjnr(m): 11:10am On Apr 09, 2016
Oche211:
That u Cannot frown at a cop in New Jersey got me laughing.
What abt if the cop is ugly or annoying like naija policemen

A night in jail will cure the laughter now,
Re: Eleven Crazy Traffic Laws From Around The World by Oche211(m): 11:42am On Apr 09, 2016
4 where, i go just dey look am dey frown nd tell him, "this is nt my real face oo"

1 Like

Re: Eleven Crazy Traffic Laws From Around The World by surrogatesng: 2:37pm On Apr 09, 2016
interesting
Re: Eleven Crazy Traffic Laws From Around The World by adanny01(m): 3:06pm On Apr 09, 2016
In Nigeria, traffic law enforcement is the best since 7 agencies are found on the highway.

1. You will meet the military before you enter or exit most cities, they will check your boot, underneath and inside the car then ask you random questions. They may ask you 'oga, anything for your boy?

2. You will meet FRSC 50 metres after, they will ask to see your drivers license, then your insurance, road worthiness certificate, proof of ownership, vehicle license, reflective triangle, fire extinguisher, spare tire, tires, parking lights, brake lights, head lights, rear view mirrors. There is a very long list of fines that they will certainly fine you for one. You may negotiate a percentage settlement but beware, they they may charge you a fine for bribery attempt.

3. The police, police bomb squad or Anti robbery squad are 3 types of police you will meet. You may meet all 3 at 100m intervals of each other. They will check your DL, VL, road worthiness cert, proof of ownership and cross reference the vehicle's VIN no and engine no to the documents. Be sure to provide some change for tip. These people dont understand 'abeg laguage' na 'roger laguage' them know. So before you start your trip off, make sure you plan for roger..

4. Highway patrol police which are a little further and will do as in 3. These ones are just looking for an excuse to demand roger.

5. You will meet NDLEA who will search your car for hard and fake drugs. This affects mostly commercial cars, trucks and buses.

6. You will meet the VIO which will repeat item 2 without the spare tire, tire, fire extiguisher. Beware of these men as they will try to convince you all your papers are fake. They will encourage you to buy from them there and then without the option of fine. They will certainly give you the same fakes that the caught you for. Their sister officials in others states will tell you the same story over again.

7. The most notorious if you drive a truck or company vehicle. I dont know what they are officially called but i know they have to do with the local governments and tax. Depending on the state and depending on who you are, they could break your windscreen and still fine you up to 100k for a trash bucket, sticker and some papers i really dont know what for. They will almost certainly impound your car. They are sometimes illiterates so cannot differenciate a government MDA to a private company. If your car is company branded, beware! Once i saw them stop an NIPP car and another time a WHO, World bank and red cross cars.

Finally, for those who are taxi drivers, the fear of NURTW is the begining of wisdom, na there real agbero dey.

3 Likes

Re: Eleven Crazy Traffic Laws From Around The World by pbethel: 8:20pm On Apr 09, 2016
Nigeria... my friend mk we no drag o. u know wat to do.
Re: Eleven Crazy Traffic Laws From Around The World by princemillla(m): 3:01pm On Apr 10, 2016
Indeed funny..... About Nigeria laws. I dare not give any vio my docs..... They should check just road worthiness n my drivers license... Am done

Av done it befor

(1) (Reply)

Car Mod Spotted In Lagos / Advise On Purchasing A Registered Honda EOD 2005 / List Of New Cars That Can Hit 200mph Or Above

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.