Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. - Education (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. (390402 Views)

2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread / An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board / 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Vicky10: 9:02am On Jan 05, 2020
pls add 08159371700
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by brizie78: 10:11am On Jan 05, 2020
When you collect am??
Orestino:

nope, my second payment
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Mikegulf: 12:35pm On Jan 05, 2020
Please add me too 07037202431
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Orestino(m): 1:37pm On Jan 05, 2020
brizie78:
When you collect am??

Collected my first payment around March last year. now I'm expecting my second payment
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Chrissavey(m): 2:46pm On Jan 05, 2020
Any news on Chevron Scholarship for last year awardees please?
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by brizie78: 5:22pm On Jan 05, 2020
I think they have been paid ooo
Chrissavey:
Any news on Chevron Scholarship for last year awardees please?
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by King2305: 6:41am On Jan 06, 2020
You guys should just send the watsapp link so that we can join
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Vicky10: 11:09am On Jan 06, 2020
King2305:
You guys should just send the watsapp link so that we can join
better that way
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Hannania(m): 12:52pm On Jan 06, 2020
[quote author=brizie78 post=85527885][/quote] Do you mean those that wrote the aptitude test on October 5 2019 ?
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by tsaragii(m): 1:04pm On Jan 06, 2020
when is agbami paying the gentle guys,any latest?
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by tsaragii(m): 1:18pm On Jan 06, 2020
AN OPEN LETTER TO STAR DEEP WATER PETROLEUM LIMITED ( A CHEVRON COMPANY AND OPERATOR OF THE AGBAMI FIELD)

[b]In your continuous support for capacity building in the health and engineering sectors as a strategic feed into the national manpower pool, you were offering a number of University Scholarship Awards to qualified Nigerian students from all states of the Federation.

The scholarship programme funded by star and it's Agbami co-ventures, has been a major component of their Social investment in the strategic development of health and education in Nigeria. Kudos to you on that.

The award letter of the scholarship clearly states that we the scholars shall continue to be recipients of the scholarship grants throughout the duration of our course of study provided we met some following conditions.

For those of us that met this conditions, the only hope we got as regards being paid our grants was the account number update sent by the dragnet crew in which we encouraged ourselves that it might be as a result of the BVN issue. It's January already, we get paid December and January for 2018 and 2019 respectively but now, we don't even know what to expect, you can't expect us not to be worried. In fact, we have missed deadline of pay back already.

On behalf of all the beneficiaries of the Agbami Medical and Engineering Professionals Scholarship Awards, we require a statement from the management board as soon as possible to know our fate in this scheme.‎

We hope this message gets to the management board as we hope and wait for a positive feedback.

Your Awardee[/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by ProfChris10(m): 1:53pm On Jan 06, 2020
tsaragii:
AN OPEN LETTER TO STAR DEEP WATER PETROLEUM LIMITED ( A CHEVRON COMPANY AND OPERATOR OF THE AGBAMI FIELD)

[b]In your continuous support for capacity building in the health and engineering sectors as a strategic feed into the national manpower pool, you were offering a number of University Scholarship Awards to qualified Nigerian students from all states of the Federation.

The scholarship programme funded by star and it's Agbami co-ventures, has been a major component of their Social investment in the strategic development of health and education in Nigeria. Kudos to you on that.

The award letter of the scholarship clearly states that we the scholars shall continue to be recipients of the scholarship grants throughout the duration of our course of study provided we met some following conditions.

For those of us that met this conditions, the only hope we got as regards being paid our grants was the account number update sent by the dragnet crew in which we encouraged ourselves that it might be as a result of the BVN issue. It's January already, we get paid December and January for 2018 and 2019 respectively but now, we don't even know what to expect, you can't expect us not to be worried. In fact, we have missed deadline of pay back already.

On behalf of all the beneficiaries of the Agbami Medical and Engineering Professionals Scholarship Awards, we require a statement from the management board as soon as possible to know our fate in this scheme.‎

We hope this message gets to the management board as we hope and wait for a positive feedback.

Your Awardee[/b]
A new thread should be created for this
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by princasher: 2:24pm On Jan 06, 2020
tsaragii:

Your Awardee[/b]

This would only reach them if we use Twitter... Let's all share to twitter
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by wahza(m): 5:57pm On Jan 06, 2020
Shey na like this we go dey dey?
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by mixedxik: 6:37pm On Jan 06, 2020
Chevron Helpline Number Nigeria
2 Chevron Drive, Lekki Peninsula, Private Mail Bag
12825, Lagos, Nigeria
Contact Number: +23.4.1.277.2222

This is the customer care to call and complain, I think they need to know that the money hasn't been released just yet and so we have to tell them that; call them on taht line as often and send a mail or two. I've called this evening but they've closed
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Babaseun1300(m): 10:05pm On Jan 06, 2020
Pls have they already awarded the scholarships to those that sat for the exam in 2019?
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by brizie78: 8:09am On Jan 07, 2020
Just called them... they said they dont know anything about agbami... someone else should call them abeg
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by renegadeKhan: 8:55am On Jan 07, 2020
I just called them. Seemingly they are on strike. I don't know how the strike imparts on payment, we would just have to wait to see.
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by renegadeKhan: 9:08am On Jan 07, 2020
I also did a little reading and just realized that even their own workers have not be paid their yearly entitlement which comes up around December and January. Seems to be the reason for the strike action. I suggest everyone to start looking for alternatives to their financial matters while we hope for the best.
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by dammygoody(m): 9:30am On Jan 07, 2020
Interesting...
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by mixedxik: 1:17pm On Jan 07, 2020
Since there are different replies from the calls-cos they ain't even picking mine- I think we should keep calling until something tangible comes up, this is frustrating.
And No one sees our frustration until we say it to their hearing.
The strike shouldn't affect this, that's if there's any. Other scholarships paid their awardee plus agbami is not just from one company...
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by dammygoody(m): 1:29pm On Jan 07, 2020
mixedxik:
Since there are different replies from the calls-cos they ain't even picking mine- I think we should keep calling until something tangible comes up, this is frustrating.
And No one sees our frustration until we say it to their hearing.
The strike shouldn't affect this, that's if there's any. Other scholarships paid their awardee plus agbami is not just from one company...

Exactly my thoughts..
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Wizzyboy50: 2:10pm On Jan 07, 2020
This is what scholastica customer care replied.
Let's just be hopefully full.

Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 07, 2020
Don't waste your time with Agbami, just chill. They usually pay 5 months after verification. Expect it in February or March. If it comes earlier we thank God. Your agitations will do little.
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by DrAuthentic: 12:00am On Jan 08, 2020
is the pattern of exam dragnet-like?
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by mixedxik: 7:31am On Jan 08, 2020
I think it's better they all keep hearing from us anyway; both scholastica and agbami. As far as I know, that money was disbursed a long time ago to the guys in charge of paying us, whatever is taking their time now seems selfish and waiting till February... Woah
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Xsem(m): 7:41am On Jan 09, 2020
The money is being used for fixed deposit, maybe 3 months fd. When it matures, they will take their interest and disburse the funds.
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Mrincredibles1: 9:39am On Jan 09, 2020
They have finally call off the strike and told workers to resume
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by King2305: 10:47am On Jan 09, 2020
Mrincredibles1:

Are you sure about this??
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by mixedxik: 11:07am On Jan 09, 2020
Mrincredibles1:

How did you find out about that?
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by tsaragii(m): 11:22am On Jan 09, 2020
Guys are sometimes very funny.
it was confirmed that agbami will resume on 12th.
All we need now is prayers.
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by King2305: 4:47pm On Jan 09, 2020
tsaragii:
Guys are sometimes very funny.
it was confirmed that agbami will resume on 12th.
All we need now is prayers.

How did you confirm this??

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (145) (Reply)

Federal University Of Technology Akure(futa) 2014/2015 Admission Session / Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. / The Federal University Of Technology Akure(futa) 2015/2016 Admission Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.