Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,525 members, 7,808,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

Why Do Nigerian Girls Always Want the Trendiest Wears? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do Nigerian Girls Always Want the Trendiest Wears? (1370 Views)

Do Nigerian Girls/Ladies Buy Ebooks? / Why Do Nigerian Girls Like ''yahoo Boys'' / Why Are Nigerian Girls Always Being Attacked On This Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Girls Always Want the Trendiest Wears? by mosiate(f): 5:41pm On May 25, 2005
Original Title: Why is that Nigerian girls will want to use the latest thing in town?

I still wonder why some Nigerian girls want to use the latest wears in town even if it doesn't fit them. Even those that fit will want to get them by all means. Is really necessary to follow the crowd? Or does one have to be fashion blind all in the name of fashion?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Always Want the Trendiest Wears? by Allenpowered(m): 7:14pm On May 25, 2005
Blame MTV, Channel O, American movies and, well, changing times.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Always Want the Trendiest Wears? by solo2(m): 8:52am On May 26, 2005
They are actualy blinded to reality, they are copying from the western world who by reasons best know to them wear these cloths for a particular purpose. But our gilrs are blind to this fact, thereby became fashion grazy.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Always Want the Trendiest Wears? by hotpikin(f): 7:44am On May 28, 2005
i dunno 'bout them oh but i sure do wear wat fits me perfectly....trendy or not...
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Always Want the Trendiest Wears? by jogego(m): 12:45pm On Jun 03, 2005
This is a sexist statement if ever I read one. angry Do you mean Nigerian men dont stay current? I see a lot of Nigerian men who dress as trendy if not even better than women. Correct me if am wrong.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Always Want the Trendiest Wears? by Banderas(m): 5:58pm On Jun 29, 2005
Sexist? What a terrible understatement. The entire Naija is forward looking, ambitious, and constantly trying to break out of it's social and economic boundaries. So as a matter of the fact is most of the world. There is nothing wrong in Naija babes trying to be funky, u see that sort of thing everywhere in this world, otherwise the fashion industry wd not be so successful
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Always Want the Trendiest Wears? by mekoyo(m): 5:49pm On May 17, 2007
I just can explain it. I dont know the exact reason but i know there are some nairalanders here that can give us some reasons.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Always Want the Trendiest Wears? by Okeamu1(m): 11:19pm On Jul 05, 2008
Its not only nigerian girls, and not every nigerian girl either, its just a trait for women, if they dont look good, men may not appreciate them more
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Always Want the Trendiest Wears? by moHot(f): 4:34pm On Jul 07, 2008
who don't like to wear the trendiest wears? but i won't blame them, whether trendy or no trendy i wear what suits me
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Always Want the Trendiest Wears? by Gabry(f): 4:17pm On Jul 08, 2008
Malaysia is like that as well. . . . .

I think its to do with feeling belonged, self esteen issue, peer pressure. . . . but the older they get, this trend will be worn out eventually.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Always Want the Trendiest Wears? by spikedcylinder: 10:00am On Jul 09, 2008
Nigerian girls like to dress trendy Hmmmn. . . . .I didnt realise this trait is peculiar to Nigerians alone.

*BIG HISS*

Shior! You say it like it is a bad thing. Better wake up! angry

(1) (Reply)

Who Is From Enugu Here? / My Encounter With 419ners In Abuja / F: K You Mama Gee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.