Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

Economic Condition From The Perspective Of The Man On The Street - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Economic Condition From The Perspective Of The Man On The Street (558 Views)

7 Basic Steps To Improve Your Financial Condition In 2018 / Calabar Monorail In Perfect Condition But No Patronage – Tinapa MD / World Bank Says Nigeria Will Soon Recover From Economic Recession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Economic Condition From The Perspective Of The Man On The Street by slightlyMad(f): 9:03am On Apr 10, 2016
Everyone is wailing about the current economic situation in the country.
President Buhari see this as a ploy to undermine his government.
I am going to share my views and that of people close to me.

I work for an IT company that pays my salary on the 1st of the month, even if the 1st is a weekend, i will get credited.
Now the company can hardly keep up with salary payments.
Reason?
well we got a contract from a Federal Government office worth 15 Million naira, my boss has delivered with his own cash but has not been paid.
communications from that office is that they need their share of the budget to be able to pay up for the services.

Now, the result of Buhari's indifference about the woes of the economy relative to me as an individual is that i have not been paid February salary.
this means,
1. i cannot afford to help my younger ones with school fees payments
Repercussion: the school may have to delay teacher's salary if many parents can't meetup, then the teachers wont be taking anything home to their family. This is hardship for them.

2. i will be doing my cloth washing with my fragile hands and will no longer engage the services of the washerman who comes around every weekend.
Repercussion: my washerman is out of job, and may not be able to feed his family. or even pay his kids' school fees or buy them book

3. I may have to manage what i have while transporting myself to work but what do you say to a scenario where i get to pay double because there is no fuel?
Repercussion: i may be force to trek some distance before boarding a bus. this is hardship for me.

4. After the whole stress, i get back home and there is no electricity to even sleep well. with the heat that is circulating in lagos right now, This is untold hardship.

We voted for buhari, but it is obvious he did not hit the ground running as he promised, he has been flying around, giving preference to things that will not benefit the common man.
Instead of sitting his bottom in one place and going through the details of the budget, he is busy going for nuclear mettings, going to china etc.
Please how come at his old age, he still has misplaced priorities?
Flying around the world to meet people old enough to be his grandchildren.

So disappointed.

3 Likes

Re: Economic Condition From The Perspective Of The Man On The Street by Kezzy24(f): 11:44am On Apr 10, 2016
No matter the spin he puts to it,he is simply insensitive to what people are going through.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Must Not Be Consumer Market For Chinese Products — Buhari / Is Money Everything / See Naira Exchange Rate Today.. -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.