Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? (22802 Views)

How To Be A Genuine Christian, Please Read! Don't Go To Hell Fire / Man Claims Using Make-ups Will Lead Ladies To Hell - Twitter Users React / Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by Zenzu01(m): 10:43am On Apr 10, 2016
A man entered my house running and breathing heavily, so I had to ask him what's the matter

He said he is being chased by people

I asked what did he do

He told me everything

As he was still explaining, the people approached where we were and at that time I knew I needed to take an action either to save the man or release him to them.
So I opted for an option of saving him.
When the angry mob that were chasing the man came to me and asked if I saw anybody but I told them that I didn't see anyone.

My question is did I sin by lying to them that I didn't see anyone whereas I saw and hid the thief..

Mind you if I release the man to them, they will surely kill him..
And if I die in the process, will I go to hell despite the fact I wanted to save a soul.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by hungryboy(m): 10:53am On Apr 10, 2016
Picture of the man you saved or Idonbilivit.

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by Zenzu01(m): 11:00am On Apr 10, 2016
hungryboy:
Picture of the man you saved or
Idonbilivit.
Lol,, its not the matter of u believing or not,, I ask this question to know if I sin or not by saving the man despite the fact he used the means of lying..

8 Likes

Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by SlimBrawnie(f): 11:31am On Apr 10, 2016
There is no greater sin, we get to sin daily either from the thoughts of our hearts, the words of our mouth or our actions. Sin is Sin.
If only you used the opportunity to preach the Good news to him.... However, His Mercies never come to an end. King David did worse but one of the things that made him a man after God's heart was his remorseful nature.

Great is His Mercy!

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 10, 2016
Which kind story be this

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by gidimasters(m): 11:32am On Apr 10, 2016
Who You Epp?

3 Likes

Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by gossipatrol(f): 11:32am On Apr 10, 2016
U did the right thing. Jungle justice is wrong and should not be encouraged or condoned. You saved a man's life and in so doing did not aid murder.

No matter what he did, those people have no right to kill him.

You are now wondering if you should have aided murder instead of lying

OP, u did the right thing

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by kinglekan: 11:32am On Apr 10, 2016

You sure sey nor be your partner? grin

But on a more serious note if what you typed really happened, you did the right thing but what i seriously doubt is the fact that you probably didn't hand him over to the police.

That would make you an accomplice and worse still your furnace in hell would be made double hot Nebuchadnezzar style. grin

2 Likes

Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by midolian(m): 11:33am On Apr 10, 2016
An act of "Good" you call it? Being nice to a thief to the detriment of those he has deprived of some valuables? You call that an "act of good"? undecided

As far as I am concerned you are an accomplice..And In the court of law, you know what this means.

lucky you were not caught hiding the thief. If you were, same jungle justice wld have applied to you. Just pray for forgiveness cos the thief might be worse than shekau but thought it wise to tell you a story to save his life @ that moment.

5 Likes

Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by faruz: 11:33am On Apr 10, 2016
@op

6 Likes

Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by Boland(m): 11:33am On Apr 10, 2016
You did the right thing, you could have said something like: I saw no thief..
After all no one was born a thief.. Lol

8 Likes

Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by AdamsToyin: 11:33am On Apr 10, 2016
Op do not jail urself with ur own conscience, thinking or imagination. The bible in Ecclesiastes 10;10 said "wisdom is profitable to direct". You have just use Ben Bruce common sense

3 Likes

Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by Philomath1212: 11:33am On Apr 10, 2016
This can only be answered by Oga at the Top...
Baba G Himself

1 Like

Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by Dapsin2901: 11:33am On Apr 10, 2016
I believe what you did is right

2 Likes

Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by cold(m): 11:33am On Apr 10, 2016
God is flexible and pliable. You can justify anything by making god accept it in your mind. After all,that's where he resides.

3 Likes

Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by sheguy(m): 11:33am On Apr 10, 2016
This 1 strong oh!! Anyway, thnk u for saving a life
Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 10, 2016
Pinsure or Adonbilivit

Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by iykebest1(m): 11:34am On Apr 10, 2016
Yes you have not sinned. . . . . . . Read without "not"
Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by bignene(m): 11:34am On Apr 10, 2016
u did d wrong tin
Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by septembergirl(f): 11:34am On Apr 10, 2016
Lying alone is a sin,was d explanation given by d man worth saving his life? If yes, maybe God can forgive u for lying. Happy mothering sunday.
Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by freecocoa(f): 11:34am On Apr 10, 2016
My friend, I hope you handed the thief over to the appropriate authority? Cos that's the most important thing here.

As for going to heaven or hell, stop deceiving yourself cos if there's really a hell according to biblical standards, we are all going there so don't worry, you won't be alone and it will be a very fun place, I bet people in heaven will plead to be sent to hell, when they see how much fun we will be having there.cheesy

Btw OP, this your story sounds made up. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by Ayoswit(f): 11:34am On Apr 10, 2016
Dont condemn urself to hell rather u can save his soul from going to hell by preaching d gospel to him.

1 Like

Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by emeraldknytt(m): 11:35am On Apr 10, 2016
remember all liars shall perish in the lake of fire, I hope i've answered your question.

1 Like

Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by Nobody: 11:35am On Apr 10, 2016
why are you not in church you didn't sin because you helped him but because you were at home at that time instead of church
Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by Csami(m): 11:35am On Apr 10, 2016
The guy thief fuel?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by Berrylite: 11:35am On Apr 10, 2016
What offence did he commit?

1 Like

Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by temple234: 11:35am On Apr 10, 2016
What was his story?
Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by ajalawole(m): 11:35am On Apr 10, 2016
bro, its good to be doing Good cheesy. U did what is good, but not what is right grin

1 Like

Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by Philomath1212: 11:36am On Apr 10, 2016
septembergirl:
Lying alone is a sin,was d explanation given by d man worth saving his life? If yes, maybe God can forgive u for lying. Happy mothering sunday.

Your church is just celebrating Mother's Day...
Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by superior1: 11:36am On Apr 10, 2016
Zenzu01:
A man entered my house running and breathing heavily, so I had to ask him what's the matter

He said he is being chased by people

I asked what did he do

He told me everything

As he was still explaining, the people approached where we were and at that time I knew I needed to take an action either to save the man or release him to them.
So I opted for an option of saving him.
When the angry mob that were chasing the man came to me and asked if I saw anybody but I told them that I didn't see anyone.

My question is did I sin by lying to them that I didn't see anyone whereas I saw and hid the thief..

Mind you if I release the man to them, they will surely kill him..
And if I die in the process, will I go to hell despite the fact I wanted to save a soul.

The problem with this question is the lack of understanding of who God is, at least in the Christian sense. GOD isnt a tyrant who seats on an heavenly throne looking for excuses to throw people into hell, far from it.

Matthew 7:11
If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Isaiah 49:15
"Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you!

Those two verses will show you a little of who God is, if your sinful earthly Dad wont purnish you over such, how much more a loving God??

2 Likes

Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by Nobody: 11:36am On Apr 10, 2016
If you can lie to collect money, why can't you lie to "Save a life"?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Did Moses See God Or Was Timothy Wrong About No One Being Able To see God? / Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? / 6 Powerful Prayer Points For MMM Participants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.