Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Permanently En-masse. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Permanently En-masse. (5047 Views)

'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him / Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow / Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Permanently En-masse. by wristbangle: 8:11pm On Apr 10, 2016
It's better they leave. I hate the Indians and lebanese. Very corrupt set of human beings.

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Permanently En-masse. by ckmayoca: 8:13pm On Apr 10, 2016
mbhs139:

Yes, it's the corrupt ones that are leaving, that I can tell you authoritatively.

There's white man who owns an engineering company that I know. The FIRS sticker for tax default currently hangs on the gate to the company's premises as I speak, he's owing in excess of N15m tax arrears.

What they actually do I the past is that they bribe the FIRS officials. But now that they have to pay through REMITA (an online platform used by govt revenue generating agencies) the bubble has burst.

So, rather than pay this sum, he's already auctioning his properties, in preparation to leave the country to his home country in Italy. After all, he's almost done with all the contracts at hand. This is first hand information I've given you. As a matter of fact, he's owing his staff three months salary.

So, what do you call that.

I call that scam and milking.
Re: Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Permanently En-masse. by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 10, 2016
rusher14:

Those 800k flights are to what countries?

As a frequent flyer I haven't noticed this surge in passengers at the airport, neither have I witnessed a significant hike in flight relative to the dollar price

That's the cost for BA....I think that's the most expensive for now ...Others are still below 350k to Heathrow

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Permanently En-masse. by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 8:27pm On Apr 10, 2016
kettykings:

The job that the Indians are doing can be done better by Nigerians, the major problem is identifying the Nigerians and putting them in the roles
It's not about the job done - yes we knw Nigerians can do the job, it's about who will create the job.

Must private industries are created and controled by whites.

Most Nigerians dream is to get employed by gov't after.

And price of starting a business currently is expensive and not easy.

Imagine wazobia fm - a radio station speaking our version of english, is owned by a lebanese/indian man, Amin Moussali

3 Likes

Re: Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Permanently En-masse. by rusher14: 8:31pm On Apr 10, 2016
Misterpaul:

Ok.

But this post is not about bad-mouthing govt. Im not even interested in politics, i don't care about the apcs and pdps..i only stated my observations, cos i was wondering what could be making them leave the country. I was hoping to get an explanation from some political or perhaps economic gurus here.8

[b]My observation so far has not been one of mass exodus from our shores by foreigners.

However, I would not be blind to the fact that some might already be leaving.

This may be the result of our economy not being what it used to be.

There was this picture painted a few years ago about the size of our economy which was overstated to say the least.

If I recall sometime in 2014, we were regarded as the largest consumers of champagne (A title that I detested), trust the oyibo man he would follow the money trail.

Porsche and various other luxury brands made inroads to the Nigerian market.

Of course, these are all ephemeral, short-term investors looking to cream off from the high taste and gullibility of Nigerians.

We are a country that produces nothing except hydrocarbons. Once that market takes a dip, so also does every other facet of our lives.

We cannot begin to blame the government of the day for not being able to keep short term investors.

The need for parsimony should have been considered in the time of plenty.

Being frugal makes you achieve objectives in a controlled manner.

The government of the day owes us the responsibility of judicious use of our commonwealth.

These should be utilised in projects pertaining to infrastructural development: electricity, potable water, safe, efficient and affordable transport and of course security.

These developments would make foreign investors more interested in the long haul.

Not forgetting standard education.

Do you know India has in its constitution the application :
It shall be the duty of every citizen of India…”. In the enumeration of such duties, sub-clause (h) says: “To develop the scientific temper, humanism and the spirit of inquiry and reform”.

Aren't we ashamed that with all our exposure to information via the Internet, we are mostly interested in whiz-kid and Davido?

Abeg make others continue from where I stop.
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Permanently En-masse. by Rooneyboy(m): 9:41pm On Apr 10, 2016
Misterpaul:
maybe they have a very important festival they want to go and celebrate in there country.

Yes , I know the name of the festival , its called "THE FESTIVAL OF NO RETURN"

grin grin grin

Somebody say "Sai Baba"
Re: Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Permanently En-masse. by ashjay001(m): 9:43pm On Apr 10, 2016
Misterpaul:

I hope u knw that most industries in Nigeria are owned and run by these indians and Lebanese. If they all leave, won't that further damage our already damaged economy?

Most industries are truly owned by foreigners and they tend to repatriate any profit to their home countries, costing Naija serious forex. Since d new dispensation, its getting hard to import raw materials and export forex, they are reducing investments.

Let's pray d Nigerian industrialists will take up d slack. The present situation is a recipe for Made in Naija, but a lot of wealthy Nigerian investors got their wealth illegally and as such don't have d acumen to build from scratch.

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Permanently En-masse. by Hopeolovutungen: 10:00pm On Apr 10, 2016
Were dem go day go

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Permanently En-masse. by 7lives: 10:15pm On Apr 10, 2016
pendusky:

Frequent flyer to where? Lagos >Daura

Op is not talking about Local wing of MMA but International wing...

OP with the oyibo calculations (Like the one they do calculate when Eclipse or volcano will occur) they knew the economy will affect them badly in due course so it better they go find work in their homes rather than staying here and get lost!

If only Buhari can resign honourably, we would celebrate him, this economic crisis and hardship is making GEJ a Hero!

I pray we continue to endure pending 2019 when we will vote in another 4 yrs of hardship!

You me mean PMB should resign because God is delivering Nigerians from Asian yokes, I hope you're not on some Punjabi weeds.

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Permanently En-masse. by 100Cents: 10:28pm On Apr 10, 2016
Misterpaul:
I actually work at the Lagos airport (MMIA). And for some weeks now i have noticed that the number of foreigners (especially the Indians) departing the country has increased. The departure hall is always full to capacity and crowded.

Not only that the numbers has increased, they now travel with lot of baggages which weighs as much as 64kg for 2bags(32kg each). This indicates that they might not be coming back anytime soon.

The last time the departure hall was ever crowded like this was last year March, few days before the general election, when many foreigners and "big men" were leaving Nigeria with their families because of the anticipated electoral violence which never happened.

Even when i asked my elder Brother, who works with BA(British Airways). He said that he also noticed the mass exodus, most especially the Indians.
He even said some airlines have also increased their ticket cost by more than 50%...imagin first class ticket from Lagos to London is now abt 3million naira and economy ticket is as high as abt 800k. Most international Airlines, have stopped operating with their Airbuses in Nigeria, they now operate with smaller aircrafts to cut cost.

So, i wonder what could be chasing these foreigners out of Nigeria. Could it be the fuel scarcity wahala or maybe they have a very important festival they want to go and celebrate in there country.

I heard most duplexes and flats in Illupeju are now vacant, Anyone who knows Illupeju very well, will know that, that is the headquarters of Indians living in Nigeria..Estate agents can confirm that.

OAM4J , Mynd44 please i need people's view on this.

Re: Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Permanently En-masse. by Ghandi12: 10:29pm On Apr 10, 2016
I did a quick check on the ticket cost of Lagos to New-Delhi flight on net it averages around $1700 economy. Lagos to London is much cheaper. These OP information is definitely overblown.

I have witnessed good foreign companies leaving Nigeria since late 2014. We later learned they were taking these tough decisions based on economic forecast they did on Nigeria particularly for next decade or thereabout.
Many more good foreign employers have laid-off and left quietly - government agencies as FIRS, Pencom, Banks and Phcn would have noticed. Contractors and suppliers to companies would have noticed this trend also.

When you have worked with oyinbo you should be alarm when they give you gloomy forecast lasting a decade. They don't just talk - they invest a lot in research and put-in so much effort to predict future happenings.

5 Likes

Re: Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Permanently En-masse. by Misterpaul(m): 10:09am On Apr 11, 2016
Ghandi12:
I did a quick check on the ticket cost of Lagos to New-Delhi flight on net it averages around $1700 economy. Lagos to London is much cheaper. These OP information is definitely overblown.

I have witnessed good foreign companies leaving Nigeria since late 2014. We later learned they were taking these tough decisions based on economic forecast they did on Nigeria particularly for next decade or thereabout.
Many more good foreign employers have laid-off and left quietly - government agencies as FIRS, Pencom, Banks and Phcn would have noticed. Contractors and suppliers to companies would have noticed this trend also.

When you have worked with oyinbo you should be alarm when they give you gloomy forecast lasting a decade. They don't just talk - they invest a lot in research and put-in so much effort to predict future happenings.

You did a quick Google check not a quick "reality check"..Leave google, and ask any travel agent or a ticketing officer u knw. I still maintain that BA ticket goes for as high as 800knaira..Other airlines ar relatively cheaper tho.

The other part of ur post is quite interestin though.
Re: Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Permanently En-masse. by amaechi1: 10:21am On Apr 11, 2016
What did you call them? Foreigner!
Onye obia ga ana (meaning a visitor must go)

Next page please.
Re: Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Permanently En-masse. by ephi123(f): 2:04pm On Apr 08, 2017
pendusky:

Frequent flyer to where? Lagos >Daura

Op is not talking about Local wing of MMA but International wing...

OP with the oyibo calculations (Like the one they do calculate when Eclipse or volcano will occur) they knew the economy will affect them badly in due course so it better they go find work in their homes rather than staying here and get lost!

If only Buhari can resign honourably, we would celebrate him, this economic crisis and hardship is making GEJ a Hero!

I pray we continue to endure pending 2019 when we will vote in another 4 yrs of hardship!

cheesy grin

People come online to claim all sorts.

Tickets prices are out of the roof right now, and it's not because the airlines have made any significant change to their base fares, but because of the currency rates. Not everyone is ready to do a transit of 12 hours plus just to get to London.

Meanwhile the more the few remaining investors leave, the less income the govt receives via tax (assuming they are even paying tax sef), the more people that will be thrown into the labour market. This govt will soon run the country aground. Very visionless useless bunch of people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Permanently En-masse. by BuariCopyPaste: 2:24pm On Apr 08, 2017
rusher14:

Those 800k flights are to what countries?

As a frequent flyer I haven't noticed this surge in passengers at the airport, neither have I witnessed a significant hike in flight relative to the dollar price

I am a travel consultant and I can attest to his claims on foreigners mass exit.

Nigeria is presently at her lowest ebb in all ramifications.

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Permanently En-masse. by BuariCopyPaste: 2:38pm On Apr 08, 2017
Sempumping:

That's the cost for BA....I think that's the most expensive for now ...Others are still below 350k to Heathrow

Which airline is selling below 350k to London??

The cheapest flight to London currently is MS(Egypt air) selling at 413k
Re: Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Permanently En-masse. by bantudra: 2:38pm On Apr 08, 2017
good news...nigerians should be happy when foreighners are leaving....all western nations are happy when foreighners leave..

why shouldnt nigeria be happy too??...

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Permanently En-masse. by bantudra: 2:42pm On Apr 08, 2017
ephi123:

cheesy grin

People come online to claim all sorts.

Tickets prices are out of the roof right now, and it's not because the airlines have made any significant change to their base fares, but because of the currency rates. Not everyone is ready to do a transit of 12 hours plus just to get to London.

Meanwhile the more the few remaining investors leave, the less income the govt receives via tax (assuming they are even paying tax sef), the more people that will be thrown into the labour market. This govt will soon run the country aground. Very visionless useless bunch of people.

thats the point...we nigerians think having foreighners will improve economy...what is not realy true...

most of those foreighners are in nigeria to fvck naija babes or fvck naija men.....i mean literaly fvck naija men through the anus...

go ask thailand and phillipines....

their is something called sex tourism in the world...una realy have to wake up from una its a nice world slumber....
Re: Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Permanently En-masse. by ephi123(f): 2:46pm On Apr 08, 2017
bantudra:

thats the point...we nigerians think having foreighners will improve economy...what is not realy true...

most of those foreighners are in nigeria to fvck naija babes or fvck naija men.....i mean literaly fvck naija men through the anus...

Ahn ahn, see how you've diverted the topic to another angle cheesy
On a serious note, it's not a good indicator when people leave a country en masse. How they live their personal lives is their choice, but there are true business owners amongst those leaving.

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Permanently En-masse. by BuariCopyPaste: 2:47pm On Apr 08, 2017
bantudra:

Will you now say Dangote is ripping off the foreign countries he has an establishments in??....why are people so narrow-minded undecided

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Permanently En-masse. by bantudra: 2:50pm On Apr 08, 2017
ephi123:

Ahn ahn, see how you've diverted the topic to another angle cheesy
On a serious note, it's not a good indicator when people leave a country en masse. How they live their personal lives is their choice, but there are true business owners amongst those leaving.

which choice??... shocked shocked..to be bleeped in the anus is a choice...??. shocked

tell me you like it from behind... grin grin

what about your son??...you want him to take it from behind too??... shocked shocked shocked
Re: Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Permanently En-masse. by bantudra: 2:51pm On Apr 08, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:

Will you now say Dangote is ripping off the foreign countries he has an establishments in??....why are people so narrow-minded undecided

look...i traveled all over the world...i know how nasty people can be when they have money....
Re: Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Permanently En-masse. by ephi123(f): 2:55pm On Apr 08, 2017
[s]
bantudra:

which choice??... shocked shocked..to be bleeped in the anus is a choice...??. shocked

tell me you like it from behind... grin grin

what about your son??...you want him to take it from behind too??... shocked shocked shocked
[/s]

I've always known not everyone is mentally balanced on nairaland, the evidence is right here.

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Permanently En-masse. by bantudra: 2:57pm On Apr 08, 2017
ephi123:
[s][/s]

I've always known not everyone is mentally balanced on nairaland, the evidence is right here.

just say you like it in the anus already.... grin grin grin..

i dont care bleeping yours,,but mine is a big no no...

in this case dont get behind me satan.... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Permanently En-masse. by GreyLaw(m): 3:13pm On Apr 08, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:

Thank you for being realistic. A lot of people in a bid to blindly support this government, find ways to play down the very things that are hurting us.

The OP in his initial post specifically mentioned his brother working in BA, and said the price from Nigeria -- London is about 800k; others began talking about how it's not true, and how it's below 350k! Phew!

Nigerians will always find a way to adjust to the nonsense fed them by their wicked and corrupt leaders, else how do we account for the many sycophants telling us that all is well?

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Permanently En-masse. by durangokid: 5:12pm On Apr 08, 2017
rusher14:

Please read my post again but this time slowly.

In case you you really aren't up to it realise I mentioned London Heathrow via Paris which more or less forecloses BA.

Avoid being in a haste to debunk a statement without being thorough.

I know many are looking for ways to bad mouth government but that's not going to happen when some of us have facts.
But guy what concerns Nigeria with London Heathrow via Paris route, you just came up to confuse people with another story, the op is talking of nigeria tickets to foreign countries
Re: Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Permanently En-masse. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 08, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:

That post is very old nau cry

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Permanently En-masse. by seguno2: 6:33pm On Apr 08, 2017
Pidggin:
Even we Nigerians will take the slightest opportunity we get to leave this country talk less of a foreigner.

Starting with Buhari who is getting ready for another medical treatment in London.

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Permanently En-masse. by Agumbankembu: 9:15am On Apr 11, 2017
cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

NNAMDI KANU : We Are Not Seceding From Nigeria / 6 Implications Of Senate's Long Adjournment. / BREAKING NEWS: APC Wins Rivers State Bye- Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.