Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,829 members, 7,802,652 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" (30602 Views)

The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" / The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex / **the Making Of 2storey Building (12 Flats) Of One Bedroom Apartment In Enugu** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by FastShipping: 12:10pm On May 12, 2016
koman:

Ok sir,
I'll probably do that via email so I don't derail Oga's thread

I replied to your PM.
Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by koman: 2:50pm On May 12, 2016
FastShipping:

I replied to your PM.

Yet to see the reply
Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by mufutau55(m): 3:55pm On May 12, 2016
koman:

I plan to do that sir,
KOMAN KRAFT LTD is into a lot of things and I need to showcase them on Nairaland.
Thanks

Wuth prices will be helpful too. Thanks.

Hajii M.
Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by Nobody: 3:59am On May 13, 2016
For those lucky enough to be at the dooring stage, here's a little advert that I saved for the time that I'll be doing my garage doors. I want it in solid wood.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by Nobody: 4:03am On May 13, 2016
Someone also spoke about pocket doors. Not sure how one can introduce that into our concrete block builds. It's possible alright but that mean at least 14" minimum walls grin

My solution is barn doors.

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by koman: 6:08am On May 13, 2016
EgunMogaji:
Someone also spoke about pocket doors. Not sure how one can introduce that into our concrete block builds. It's possible alright but that mean at least 14" minimum walls grin

My solution is barn doors.

You don't necessarily need 14" wall to install a pocket door, what is actually required is twice the door dimension.
The remaining half space will be boarded with ply or gypsum board and after screeding, you have the same appeal as the plastered wall.

Barn or sliding doors is also a way to go, it definitely cost less than pocket door.

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by Nobody: 6:10am On May 13, 2016
koman:

You don't necessarily need 14" wall to install a pocket door, what is actually required is twice the door dimension.
The remaining half space will be boarded with ply or gypsum board and after screeding, you have the same appeal as the plastered wall.

Barn or sliding doors is also a way to go, it definitely cost less than pocket door.

What's possible and what's common are two different things in the Nigerian building arena.

I don't see too many people building walls out of other than concrete blocks in Nigeria, certainly not of wood.

"A pocket door can only be installed before the wall is up. It is not possible to do some kind of retrofit, particularly in a concrete block wall. You would have to demolish your existing wall, install the hardware and door, and then construct a double wall on either side of it. The only realistic option I can suggest is to install a style of door called a "sliding barn door" where the hardware is mounted on the outside of the wall, and the door hangs from this track and can be rolled sideways."

http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/3711830/pocket-door-in-concrete
Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by koman: 6:34am On May 13, 2016
EgunMogaji:

What's possible and what's common are two different things in the Nigerian building arena.

I don't see too many people building walls out of other than concrete blocks in Nigeria.

I build non block wall for people, especially in offices .

It's my understanding that Oga Egunmogaji is the kind of person that goes for what you wants and not what is common.

Mods I'm sorry oooh

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by Nobody: 6:40am On May 13, 2016
koman:

I build non block wall for people, especially in offices .

It's my understanding that Oga Egunmogaji is the kind of person that goes for what you wants and not what is common.

Mods I'm sorry oooh

Cool, you build partitions in offices .

We are talking about residential homes here where security and privacy are paramount.
Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by koman: 6:54am On May 13, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Cool, you build partitions in offices .

We are talking about residential homes here where security and privacy are paramount.

Same concept can be replicated in our homes sir.
The western world doesn't use bricks for all their internal walls, rather they use wood and plaster boards and I'm sure you can attest to that.
So why do you think we can't do same here.

Agreed security should be paramount in our homes so pocket/barn/sliding doors shouldn't be our first option for entrance and exit doors.
Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by Nobody: 7:09am On May 13, 2016
koman:

Same concept can be replicated in our homes sir.
The western world doesn't use bricks for all their internal walls, rather they use wood and plaster boards and I'm sure you can attest to that.
So why do you think we can't do same here.

Agreed security should be paramount in our homes so pocket/barn/sliding doors shouldn't be our first option for entrance and exit doors.

No one uses barn doors for entrance or exit doors and none of the pictures that I posted shows them being used that way.

When you finally build a pocket door for a residential house and using your system, please share it. Until then I stand on my claim that residential homes uses mostly concrete blocks.

By the way, I've lived in at least two houses here in the Western world, that had internal concrete block walls.

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by Demainman1: 7:25am On May 13, 2016
@Egunmogaji, you really like all these fancy and complex things in houses. But then when you are told the cost of them things fear go catch you and you will start looking for compromise up and down grin

It reminds me of all that your questions on 3 or 4 courses of additional wall for your foundation even after several professionals advised you to consider putting a beam which should be the best option.

Brother, everything dey possible, na your money. Talk to Brabus or skimaski, those guys go produce those idea for you live!

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by Nobody: 7:32am On May 13, 2016
Demainman1:
@Egunmogaji, you really like all these fancy and complex things in houses. But then when you are told the cost of them things fear go catch you and you will start looking for compromise up and down grin

It reminds me of all that your questions on 3 or 4 courses of additional wall for your foundation even after several professionals advised you to consider putting a beam which should be the best option.

Brother, everything dey possible, na your money. Talk to Brabus or skimaski, those guys go produce those idea for you live!

How much money have I borrowed from you towards my project?

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by Demainman1: 1:33pm On May 13, 2016
EgunMogaji:

How much money have I borrowed from you towards my project?

Thank you.

Forgive me please. I'm sorry. Just that I also happen to like very good and unique innovations. I pray I make serious money to build me a really exceptional edifice.

That will be great.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by msogunro: 2:31pm On May 13, 2016
koman:

Yep. That is clearly understood. The door needs space to slide into.

Regarding the thickness of the wall, it definitely doesn't need to be 14" thick and blocks won't be used for that section of wall. One can use bricks with enough space in between them for the door. I've seen bricks as slim as 100mm.

The madam wanted an open concept floor plan, but I would like to be able to close some areas off from viewing at times (depending on the visitor). For this, we will use pocket doors.
Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by koman: 7:09pm On May 13, 2016
msogunro:

Yep. That is clearly understood. The door needs space to slide into.

Regarding the thickness of the wall, it definitely doesn't need to be 14" thick and blocks won't be used for that section of wall. One can use bricks with enough space in between them for the door. I've seen bricks as slim as 100mm.

I think you can achieve that even without the bricks,
You can use wood/board to create void for the pocket door to slide in.

The madam wanted an open concept floor plan, but I would like to be able to close some areas off from viewing at times (depending on the visitor). For this, we will use pocket doors.
Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 10:39pm On May 14, 2016
Updates from the construction process of this house........

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 10:45pm On May 14, 2016
Everything about the lintels are concluded. ........

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 10:48pm On May 14, 2016
Decking wood works started this morning. .......

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 10:55pm On May 14, 2016
More pictures from inside and outside. .......

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 11:04pm On May 14, 2016
Materials for the deck outside the site.......

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:30pm On May 17, 2016
Front if this house today.......

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:36pm On May 17, 2016
We are going to have a voided main lounge, with a gallery for viewing this space from the top.

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:40pm On May 17, 2016
There is also a terrace space by the side of the building, under construction. .........

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:44pm On May 17, 2016
In every part of the building, my men are busy. .........

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:47pm On May 17, 2016
More.......

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:52pm On May 17, 2016
Iron reinforcements for the decking slab has started today. ........

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 5:29am On May 21, 2016
Front today. ......

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 5:33am On May 21, 2016
Staircase

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 5:36am On May 21, 2016
Top of the platform. ........

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 5:41am On May 21, 2016
Decking slab reinforcement ongoing. .......

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by bright87: 7:58am On May 21, 2016
Pls oga spider, I would like to know if one can use ceiling fan with pop ceiling just in the rooms only. My initial plan was to use pop in strategic places but I have changed my mind by deciding to have pop all through the house. My pop guy said it's possible to have ceiling fan installed on the pop without having a negative effect on the pop ceiling in the long run.

Please kindly advise me..

Thanks..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Building Behind Zenith Bank In Lekki Currently On Fire (Photos) / Two Dead As Gas Explosion Rocks Ibadan / Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.