Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,992 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:03 AM

Why Bugdet N60b 4 Rail When U Can Give Ss/se A Functional Seaports. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Bugdet N60b 4 Rail When U Can Give Ss/se A Functional Seaports. (971 Views)

North Willing To Give SS SE Their Biafra Irrespective Of Their Oil. / Will The SS/SE Vote Osinbanjo In 2019 Or Repay Yoruba Treachery? / Omisore - Detectives Probe N60b Vote For Senators, Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Bugdet N60b 4 Rail When U Can Give Ss/se A Functional Seaports. by idensko(m): 11:47am On Apr 11, 2016
I am not against having a Rail that connects SS/SE Region, but wouldn't that amount to Capital and industrial flight to SW,

Come to think of it a functional and well secured COMMODITY PORT in SS AND ANOTHER IN SE WILL CREATE A THOUSAND TIMES EMPLOYMENT AND CAPITAL INFLOW TO THESE REGION, EVEN CALABAR, A SEAPORT IN CALABAR HAS BECOME A ROCKET SCIENCE AFTER private

Investors has invested a lot into this project, nobody is talking about CALABAR Port again, TINAPA FREE TRADE ZONE IS LANGUISHING IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE.

A FUNCTIONAL CALABAR PORT WILL INCREASE THERE IGR A THOUSAND FOLDS MORE THAN A RAIL.

RATHER THAN HAVING A RAIL that will encourage the INDEGENIOUS and Multinational industry to migrate to SW.

THE SW knows this fact, that's why you see most of dre so called activist shouting on top of there Voice.

I mean if I am an investor, why would I be bothered about having my industry in SSSE WHEN I can manufacture close to the Port and easily transportit with a functional Rail down SSSE REGIONS.

IT IS THE COST OF TRANSPORTING THERE FINISHED GOODS THAT MADE SOME OF THIS INDUSTRY MOVE TO SSSE STATE

ELSE THEY WOULD HAVE EASILY MANUFACTURED CLOSE TO THE SEAPORT.

TAKE AWAY THAT FACTOR BY INTRODUCING A RAIL!!!!!

We just have the Laziest and the self centered Politicians in SS/SE REGION.

I CAN JUST COMPREHEND HOW JONATHAN SPENT 6 yrs and could not give SS A SEAPORT.

CONCLUSION:

If the federal government can do both @ once, that's excellent!!!!

But if we were to choose we choose a functional SEAPORT IN PH, CALABAR AND ANOTHER IN ABIA STATE. Through AZUMINI RIVER which is just 5 nautical miles from OCEAN.

http://www.satellitecitymaps.com/africa-map/nigeria-map/abia-state-map/azumini-map/

RAIL CAN COME LATER.

I REST MY CASE.

1 Like

Re: Why Bugdet N60b 4 Rail When U Can Give Ss/se A Functional Seaports. by idensko(m): 12:00pm On Apr 11, 2016

Re: Why Bugdet N60b 4 Rail When U Can Give Ss/se A Functional Seaports. by LoveMachine(m): 12:00pm On Apr 11, 2016
I like the idea you've presented. Would the 60b be enough to fund the project fully or would there be a need for more funds?
Re: Why Bugdet N60b 4 Rail When U Can Give Ss/se A Functional Seaports. by Mikehell(m): 12:02pm On Apr 11, 2016
@OP, Nice analysis exactly my thought........ BUT it seems our government are more interested in bogus and expensive(inflated price of projects) projects that will last eternity to complete cuz of the personal profit.......

60bn shud be enough to get both PH and Calabar a port habour each..... but common sense is not common
Re: Why Bugdet N60b 4 Rail When U Can Give Ss/se A Functional Seaports. by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 11, 2016
Well said OP. I find it amusing that SW is keenly interested in that Rail than the East....because it will benefit SW more than the East. It's a shame and height of systematic marginalization that no Eastern port is functional...despite the SS ports being more closer to the sea and with spacious acreage to berth ships than Lagos ports!

1 Like

Re: Why Bugdet N60b 4 Rail When U Can Give Ss/se A Functional Seaports. by idensko(m): 12:17pm On Apr 11, 2016
LoveMachine:
I like the idea you've presented. Would the 60b be enough to fund the project fully or would there be a need for more funds?

60B is more than enough to make PH and CALABAR A MAJOR COMMODITY SEAPORT.

BUT MORE WILL BE NEEDED TO BRING PORT TO ABIA STATE.

THE GOVERNEMENT OF SE REGION SHOULD PUT dre differences aside and invest heavily on this project, it will not only create massive employment but will also

Increase IGR of the state which amount to more infrastructural developments.

2 Likes

Re: Why Bugdet N60b 4 Rail When U Can Give Ss/se A Functional Seaports. by idensko(m): 12:20pm On Apr 11, 2016
uduak2016:
Well said OP. I find it amusing that SW is keenly interested in that Rail than the East....because it will benefit SW more than the East. It's a shame and height of systematic marginalization that no Eastern port is functional...despite the SS ports being more closer to the sea and with spacious acreage to berth ships than Lagos ports!

We know them now, we understand dre cunny way of doing things now,

That rail will make SS/SE will never archive it's industrial capability.

Infact, that rail is a curse in disguise.
Re: Why Bugdet N60b 4 Rail When U Can Give Ss/se A Functional Seaports. by Stolen: 12:36pm On Apr 11, 2016
The money will be better spent on Ibaka deep seaport.

We need a deep Seaport in SS/SE period.

Re: Why Bugdet N60b 4 Rail When U Can Give Ss/se A Functional Seaports. by LoveMachine(m): 12:38pm On Apr 11, 2016
idensko:

THE GOVERNEMENT OF SE REGION SHOULD PUT dre differences aside and invest heavily on this project, it will not only create massive employment but will also

So if I'm understanding you correctly in a few years this is a more than achievable goal if the governors put egos aside and joined forces?

I watched a YouTube video of prof Utomi and he was talking about how the SS almost did some major regional projects but the big time politicians blew the plans to pieces with their power tripping.

Do you think they'll link up now that they are in opposition or do you think it'll be business as usual?
Re: Why Bugdet N60b 4 Rail When U Can Give Ss/se A Functional Seaports. by Stolen: 12:52pm On Apr 11, 2016
idensko:

Ur head is correct. I love the way u reason.
Re: Why Bugdet N60b 4 Rail When U Can Give Ss/se A Functional Seaports. by DaBullIT(m): 12:52pm On Apr 11, 2016
Why are you people always complaining ??

The Daura certificateless gworo chewing Dullard is trying to give you a rail , in his first Budget, less than a year of being sworn in

The rail will connect your states , which means there will be several stops and stations , warehouses and stuffs, that's employment

It'll be cheaper to move your containers and goods anywhere in any part of the country that's convenience

Everything Buhari has done so far is literally to show Ibos he's for everybody

But now again they want seaport

Doctor of Zoology , Son of the soil , Ebele jonathan spent 6 years there , he did not give you a sea port

He did not give you Niger Bridge

He signed $20B deal to build refinery in your region, but nothing came out of it

However every opportunity you get , You rain curses and insults on Buhari

I am just saying

htwoow

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Bugdet N60b 4 Rail When U Can Give Ss/se A Functional Seaports. by Stolen: 1:00pm On Apr 11, 2016
DaBullIT:

The Daura certificateless gworo chewing Dullard is trying to give you a rail , in his first Budget, less than a year of being sworn in

The rail will connect your states , which means there will be several stops and stations , warehouses and stuffs, that's employment

It'll be cheaper to move your containers and goods anywhere in any part of the country that's convenience

Doctor of Zoology , Son of the soil , Ebele jonathan spent 6 years there , he did not give you a sea port

He signed $20B deal to build refinery in your region, but nothing came out of it

I am just saying

htwoow

The yoruba man burden, always giving advice that is not requested.

We no want railway, we want deep seaport.
Re: Why Bugdet N60b 4 Rail When U Can Give Ss/se A Functional Seaports. by idensko(m): 1:23pm On Apr 11, 2016
DaBullIT:

I am just saying

htwoow

I am sorry to disappoint normal believes about Politicians.

Politicians are bunch of ineffectual and brain drained tout/sycophants, especially African Leaders,

D point here is that Politicians Alwayz look for a cheap way to score political points without adequate and intellectual analysis

To actually prioritize government projects.

Project A may be more expensive than Project B but project B will have more economical impact than project A.

But because of sentiment, sabotage, tribalism and ethnicity project A gets a " go ahead" while project B is suspended.

Because a certain region believes that executing project B will give a certain region independency.

They don't want that, they want u to depend on them.

KANO NEEDS A RAIL MORE THAN IT NEED A SEAPORT, COS THEY ARE TOTALLY LANDLOCKED,

SSSE NEEDS A SEAPORT MORE THAN IT NEEDS A RAIL. BOTH ARE GUD BUT D MOST IMPORTANT IS SEAPORT.

IT WILL NOT ONLY DECONGEST APAPA SEAPORT BUT ALSO MAKE NIGERIA A MOJOR PORT IN WEST AFRICA.

Do u understand now?
Re: Why Bugdet N60b 4 Rail When U Can Give Ss/se A Functional Seaports. by idensko(m): 1:34pm On Apr 11, 2016
LoveMachine:

So if I'm understanding you correctly in a few years this is a more than achievable goal if the governors put egos aside and joined forces?

I watched a YouTube video of prof Utomi and he was talking about how the SS almost did some major regional projects but the big time politicians blew the plans to pieces with their power tripping.

Do you think they'll link up now that they are in opposition or do you think it'll be business as usual?

That's d problem, dey don't care about how dre inactiveness affect dre regions.

POLITICIANS don't build roads because they re feeling d plight of dre citizens, rather they do it to score Poitical points, so of dey can buy points with Money
They rather loot than stress themselves trying change d life of dre citizens.

But don't worry, soon it will change,
D real change lies bw me and u, our time will soon come, it is either relinquish this Power and give it to capable hands or they perish hanging on it.

D grand plan of North and SW is glare 2 d eye even to 2 d blind.

But our stomach infrastructure politicians don't give a damn.

DSS press release few days ago is an example of such plans, dre re more that u don't even know.

It pains me so much when they can easily divide by just calling a Section NigerDelta and d other SE and we stupidly give in into dre grand plan.

Is a Shame.

1 Like

Re: Why Bugdet N60b 4 Rail When U Can Give Ss/se A Functional Seaports. by LoveMachine(m): 1:38pm On Apr 11, 2016
idensko:

That's d problem, dey don't care about how dre inactiveness affect dre regions.

POLITICIANS don't build roads because they re feeling d plight of dre citizens, rather they do it to score Poitical points, so of dey can buy points with Money
They rather loot than stress themselves trying change d life of dre citizens.

But don't worry, soon it will change,
D real change lies bw me and u, our time will soon come, it is either relinquish this Power and give it to capable hands or they perish hanging on it.

D grand plan of North and SW is glare 2 d eye even to 2 d blind.

But our stomach infrastructure politicians don't give a damn.

DSS press release few days ago is an example of such plans, dre re more that u don't even know.

It pains me so much when they can easily divide by just calling a Section NigerDelta and d other SE and we stupidly give in into dre grand plan.

Is a Shame.

Not gonna lie. I have a feeling things will soon get better. We can't keep losing. The tides always turn. 'Preciate the time you've put into your responses to my questions. We'll get it right. Our time soon come fam.

1 Like

Re: Why Bugdet N60b 4 Rail When U Can Give Ss/se A Functional Seaports. by DaBullIT(m): 1:45pm On Apr 11, 2016
If you want a seaport

Go and Dig it

grin grin
Stolen:

The yoruba man burden, always giving advice that is not requested.

We no want railway, we want deep seaport.
Re: Why Bugdet N60b 4 Rail When U Can Give Ss/se A Functional Seaports. by shaddoww: 1:49pm On Apr 11, 2016
@op u have raised a nice question bur I think it's better they work on d one that already has a framework before going for a Seaport.

2 Likes

Re: Why Bugdet N60b 4 Rail When U Can Give Ss/se A Functional Seaports. by idensko(m): 2:00pm On Apr 11, 2016
LoveMachine:

Not gonna lie. I have a feeling things will soon get better. We can't keep losing. The tides always turn. 'Preciate the time you've put into your responses to my questions. We'll get it right. Our time soon come fam.

Sure it will bro, as long as dre is "WILL" all it requires is "TIME"

1 Like

Re: Why Bugdet N60b 4 Rail When U Can Give Ss/se A Functional Seaports. by LoveMachine(m): 7:04pm On Apr 11, 2016
idensko:

Sure it will bro, as long as dre is "WILL" all it requires is "TIME"

I like that! Imma have to keep that saying for future usage.
Re: Why Bugdet N60b 4 Rail When U Can Give Ss/se A Functional Seaports. by tayejay(m): 7:47pm On Apr 11, 2016
[color=#990000][/color] moo
idensko:
I am not against having a Rail that connects SS/SE Region, but wouldn't that amount to Capital and industrial flight to SW,

Come to think of it a functional and well secured COMMODITY PORT in SS AND ANOTHER IN SE WILL CREATE A THOUSAND TIMES EMPLOYMENT AND CAPITAL INFLOW TO THESE REGION, EVEN CALABAR, A SEAPORT IN CALABAR HAS BECOME A ROCKET SCIENCE AFTER private

Investors has invested a lot into this project, nobody is talking about CALABAR Port again, TINAPA FREE TRADE ZONE IS LANGUISHING IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE.

A FUNCTIONAL CALABAR PORT WILL INCREASE THERE IGR A THOUSAND FOLDS MORE THAN A RAIL.

RATHER THAN HAVING A RAIL that will encourage the INDEGENIOUS and Multinational industry to migrate to SW.

THE SW knows this fact, that's why you see most of dre so called activist shouting on top of there Voice.

I mean if I am an investor, why would I be bothered about having my industry in SSSE WHEN I can manufacture close to the Port and easily transportit with a functional Rail down SSSE REGIONS.

IT IS THE COST OF TRANSPORTING THERE FINISHED GOODS THAT MADE SOME OF THIS INDUSTRY MOVE TO SSSE STATE

ELSE THEY WOULD HAVE EASILY MANUFACTURED CLOSE TO THE SEAPORT.

TAKE AWAY THAT FACTOR BY INTRODUCING A RAIL!!!!!

We just have the Laziest and the self centered Politicians in SS/SE REGION.

I CAN JUST COMPREHEND HOW JONATHAN SPENT 6 yrs and could not give SS A SEAPORT.

CONCLUSION:

If the federal government can do both @ once, that's excellent!!!!

But if we were to choose we choose a functional SEAPORT IN PH, CALABAR AND ANOTHER IN ABIA STATE. Through AZUMINI RIVER which is just 5 nautical miles from OCEAN.

http://www.satellitecitymaps.com/africa-map/nigeria-map/abia-state-map/azumini-map/

RAIL CAN COME LATER.

I REST MY CASE.

Are u just waking up frmThe slumber? What are your representatives in the house of assembly doing? If u think the present administration isn't representing u well and your representatives are inefficient, then u wait till when new administration comes in..... mind u, this project is a carry over frm last administration and should put pride aside and appreciate continuity.... lack of it in successive administrations most of u had complained in d past....for once lend your voice to a tangible stride... but when are u gonna stop ethnic bigotry? If claims that SE is manufacturing haven is true, then why do u think the rail project will benefit d zone less... we all live and do our businesses in different regions of the country, so I think the railway project is for our benefits.... everyone of us..

1 Like

Re: Why Bugdet N60b 4 Rail When U Can Give Ss/se A Functional Seaports. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 11, 2016
shaddoww:
@op u have raised a nice question bur I think it's better they work on d one that already has a framework before going for a Seaport.
hw can u even b saying this? the west has a functioning port nd d entire east has no standard port ,then u want to add a rail that wud do little gud 2 d economy of d east and move things west.we shud think of equality first b4 taking anoda step.no sentiments.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Government And The Injustice Called Amnesty (by- Howmon) / Buhari’ll Reduce Petrol To N40/L —david-west / President Buhari Is Running To Jonathan For Help?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.