Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

How Much Do You Pay Your Driver - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Much Do You Pay Your Driver (18258 Views)

Do U Need A Contract P/a Or Driver Around Lekki Axis? / NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Do You Pay Your Driver by servicedfl: 6:11am On Aug 02, 2009
What is reasonable pay for a Driver you want to be able to rely on? This would be in the Lagos market
Re: How Much Do You Pay Your Driver by rasputinn(m): 7:58pm On Aug 13, 2009
Depends on if the driver is your personal driver that will have access to and drive members of your household(of course I pay this one better than the others) or just the one that will drive the office staff car on errands or the ones that will drive the field pick ups or heavy duty trucks and of course on how deep your pocket is
Re: How Much Do You Pay Your Driver by Becomrich: 8:01pm On Aug 13, 2009
Taxi driver abroad make more money than graduate. that why you find even i know a nigerian with a PHD who switch to driving taxi, becuse he was not making any money with his phd.

Most account graduate start around $30,000 . But some taxi driver make not less $60,000 most time they do not declear it to tax over here.  When you add tax to it. It is an income of someone making $100,000 a year. that why those India people have big houses in Brampton. 

Mayor of the city of Toronto salary is    $166,985.00 while is real take home pay or money would be about $88,000, the rest would be for tax.

http://www.toronto.ca/city_council/salaries.htm   city of toronto website.
Re: How Much Do You Pay Your Driver by touchmeder: 8:05pm On Aug 13, 2009
lagos driver i'd say 15-25k. it will depend on where he would be driving to i.e the regular area, if he will be your personal driver or a general one, be eating in the house and stuff like that.
Re: How Much Do You Pay Your Driver by YICOBs(m): 8:15pm On Aug 13, 2009
Pay a driver 100k per month, he would still misbehave and tell you that he deserves more.
Re: How Much Do You Pay Your Driver by ireke(m): 8:38pm On Aug 13, 2009
I'm gunning for 30-35K. at that rate, I believe I won't be scared if my driver threatens to leave, because I'll get another one pretty easily fast that salary. I also know he won't harass me too much about leaving because he won't easily get that rate unless he's going to work for a very big company.
Re: How Much Do You Pay Your Driver by dinggle: 12:43am On Aug 14, 2009
O'boy, i am a driver oh!, see as una dey plan grin oga na so una wan treat us??, ok na. anyhow sha if i see job of that amount i go manage am first. But if i come get another one, i no go tell u before i walka.
Re: How Much Do You Pay Your Driver by 3spade3(m): 12:49am On Aug 14, 2009
Not a damn thing. That nigga wanna get angry he just might, JUST MIGHT, get sprayed. YA DIGG!!!
Re: How Much Do You Pay Your Driver by init4dmoni(m): 6:05am On Aug 14, 2009
20000+
remember it's someone that'll have ur live(s) in the palm of his hands everyday
Re: How Much Do You Pay Your Driver by carnal: 7:40am On Aug 14, 2009
well the company i work for pay my driver 75k through my payslip and i deliver the full 75k though i have colleagues who have the same priviledge as me yet they deduct part of the 75k and give their driver less,i still wonder why sha because for me 75k should be 75k.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Pay Your Driver by Remii(m): 7:42am On Aug 14, 2009
Paid N25k till June 2009. Now N30k. He lives about N100 away from us so we give occassinal dash of N200 or N500.
Re: How Much Do You Pay Your Driver by servicedfl: 8:13am On Aug 14, 2009
Thank you all for responding. I've heard tales of Drivers  who have a different story to tell each day for not reporting to work so I'm just trying to (hopefully) forestall that by paying a reasonable wage from the onset.
Re: How Much Do You Pay Your Driver by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 14, 2009
I don't use a driver, except when travelling long distance by road,in which case, I contract one of the numerous drivers around me. I have a number of drivers around, some family drivers, some friends, and my bosses' drivers and I relate with all of them, including discussing their earnings with me.

Most personal drivers are paid between 25-35k per month. For most companies, the pay is between 30-60K except very senior drivers driving CEO's and other topshots that earn 60-90k per month.
Re: How Much Do You Pay Your Driver by Ineedhelp1: 10:00am On Aug 14, 2009
I also complain about my salary the same way he complains about his, but I don't skip work. If I don't give excuses for not reporting to work, I don't expect my driver to give me stupid excuses. I deduct his salary when he gives me those excuses so we have really reduced the stories. Of course I stylishly give him extra hand outs to make up for the deductions when they occur but he has known me that I don't buy the excuses and he will rather collect the handouts as extras rather than as makeups.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Pay Your Driver by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 14, 2009
Jarus:

I don't use a driver, except when travelling long distance by road,in which case, I contract one of the numerous drivers around me. I have a number of drivers around, some family drivers, some friends, and my bosses' drivers and I relate with all of them, including discussing their earnings with me.

Most personal drivers are paid between 25-35k per month. For most companies, the pay is between 30-60K except very senior drivers driving CEO's and other topshots that earn 60-90k per month.

more than my first salary grin
Re: How Much Do You Pay Your Driver by azeeza(f): 11:00am On Aug 14, 2009
30k is nt a bad ideal
Re: How Much Do You Pay Your Driver by carpenter(m): 11:26am On Aug 14, 2009
25 is okay, for a single person as a driver for a start. However, once i get a salary raise I would try to increase that of my driver also.
Re: How Much Do You Pay Your Driver by Nsyma: 11:27am On Aug 14, 2009
I can pay my driver much if am bouyant enough and also it depends on the type of job he does for me, his closing time and also his working hours/ days. Anyway drivers were meant to be taken care of cause they somehow owe our lives, so i can pay more.
Re: How Much Do You Pay Your Driver by allboyz(m): 1:51pm On Aug 14, 2009
25K - 3OK is fair . . as long as he eats at home. . .and stays in the house with you. . .
Re: How Much Do You Pay Your Driver by utotomi10(m): 6:43pm On Aug 14, 2009
We pay our driver 25,000 per month.
Re: How Much Do You Pay Your Driver by Theblessed(f): 8:35pm On Aug 14, 2009
But what's wrong with you doing the driving yourself or any member of your family  If the need for a driver is for family errands?  What's wrong DIYering it?  Family or members of our extended family system could that.  Afterall, they have hands, legs and  could learn to drive so, do it yourself.  However, if it is for Company affairs then, it would be more appropriate to hire a driver. 

Or, is it that Nigerian BIG MAN thing we have in our BLOOD which has ruined this country, that prompted this idea?? Eh? Afterall, in the West 99.8% of people Do It themselves, why not at home

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Pay Your Driver by MrCrackles(m): 2:56am On Aug 15, 2009
servicedfl:

What is reasonable pay for a Driver you want to be able to rely on? This would be in the Lagos market

I will say 30k plus with generous incentives and tips. . . .
Re: How Much Do You Pay Your Driver by ikemefuna1: 4:26am On Aug 15, 2009
Mybe N15,000-20,000k but as we all know in nija anything goes even free sometimes
Re: How Much Do You Pay Your Driver by ayusman16(m): 2:37pm On Aug 15, 2009
I pay mine 20k. Basically becos he's young and work less than 7hrs a day excluding wkends. He also get tips every now and then to supplement the salary.
Re: How Much Do You Pay Your Driver by spikedcylinder: 3:19pm On Aug 15, 2009
30K minus overtime. Overtime is N60/hr for every hour after 6PM and for every hour worked on Saturday. Plus, overtime is paid double for every hour worked on Sundays and Public Holidays.
Re: How Much Do You Pay Your Driver by sweetpain: 4:23pm On Aug 15, 2009
Theblessed:

But what's wrong with you doing the driving yourself or any member of your family  If the need for a driver is for family errands?  What's wrong DIYering it?  Family or members of our extended family system could that.  Afterall, they have hands, legs and  could learn to drive so, do it yourself.  However, if it is for Company affairs then, it would be more appropriate to hire a driver. 

Or, is it that Nigerian BIG MAN thing we have in our BLOOD which has ruined this country, that prompted this idea?? Eh? Afterall, in the West 99.8% of people Do It themselves, why not at home

Irrelevant childish rant.

25K/mth is fair enough for a personal driver. Dont forget to carry out proper security check before you employ.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Pay Your Driver by mamagee6(f): 5:46pm On Aug 15, 2009
I don't have a driver.
Re: How Much Do You Pay Your Driver by Nezan(m): 2:28pm On Aug 17, 2009
I give the guy N20,000 per month + other sundry assistance=N35,000/month. Yet the guy still grumbles at times, moreover, according to him, 'this is Abuja'.
Re: How Much Do You Pay Your Driver by candyshore: 2:56pm On Aug 17, 2009
i think 20 to 25k is ok for a driver moreover there are usually tips during d mth.
Re: How Much Do You Pay Your Driver by Osekele(m): 6:57pm On Jul 07, 2014
What is d current reasonable rate for a personal driver now?
Re: How Much Do You Pay Your Driver by rejennis: 4:17pm On Jul 10, 2014
What will be reasonable to pay a driver now?
Re: How Much Do You Pay Your Driver by 234GT(m): 12:33pm On Jul 13, 2014
I don't like the idea of a personal/ family driver. I drive myself, except for official runs where the office driver does the job.

(1) (2) (Reply)

In Need Of A Professional Advice / How Much Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? / Meet The New Lagos Police Command PPRO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.