Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,140 members, 7,807,456 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa (31188 Views)

Corper Begs Senator Ashafa N100,000, See The Reply He Got / Gbenga Ashafa's 61st Birthday: Amaechi, Dakuku Peterside Attend / The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa by worth(m): 5:06pm On Apr 11, 2016
pdp had failed and every of its member and supporter never wanted anything positive to happen in this country. pdp is ready to sabotage every effort of this government and then come forth to yarn nonsense which the gullible ones do concur with.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa by PassingShot(m): 5:06pm On Apr 11, 2016
BeardedMeat:
Passingshot, let's keep sentiment apart, if indeed everybody involved here played their parts well, why would any right thinking law maker expunge such a critical project from the budget? I have tried to figure what the motive is because both houses are controlled by the rulling party, I have also failed to see the possibility of any politicking cos I do not see the benefit for all involved to play politics with this. Personally, what's your conclusion?
I also do not see why any right thinking person will remove such very important project if not for pure hatred for the man in charge (Amaechi). Do not underestimate our politicians because many of them can do the unthinkable.

For example, what could make a sane person say it publicly that his own mother wears diaper just to convince electorates that Buhari wears one too. And Fayose said it live and direct! Even if his mom does wear diaper, is it not gross and despicable that he could say that publicly?

So, I believe the thieves involved actually removed the project.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:08pm On Apr 11, 2016
Eguaikide:
But from what the senator stated above its obvious buhari never submitted the rail project in his initial budget presented to the house. Amaechi now came up with the rail project in his budget defence, is it proper for a minister to come and submit a supplementary budget proposal without going through the executive?? If the project was omitted, is it not proper for the supplementary budget to come through the executive and the president? The senators saying the project was not in the budget cannot be said to be privy to what they never saw at the initial stage! Let's be balanced in our criticism!!!!

Remember, they were padding incidents in the budget. The budget went through a review with Senatorial committees.

When Amaechi approached the Transport committee, he pointed to them that the Lagos-Calabar Railway project was omitted.

The Committee accepted it and sent their recommendation to the Appropriations committee.

Jibrin heads that group and he can not say he did not receive recommendations from the committees.

So when he is saying it was not included in the original budget, he is trying to make people believe they worked with the padded budget.

They did not.
Re: FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa by mildflame: 5:10pm On Apr 11, 2016
Original or Supplementary budget the rail project merit its passage as long as the fund is the fund is there, the myopic legislators were simply thinking of the EGUNJE they were to benefit
Moron_s like Akpabio n Ben Bruce just make up the numbers they r like JONATHAN, ineffectual buffons
Re: FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa by cktheluckyman: 5:12pm On Apr 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I am ashamed of them. The South South Senators are a disgrace. I am not South East, so I can not be ashamed of them.

Even Sen. Ben Bruce, Head of Senate Tweeting Committee, tried to prove that it was okay to pass the budget like that.

They can not say they did not know about the project. Why not object? Why not ask questions from your colleagues?

These guys are representing people and this is a monumental project.

Keep supporting them to stay mute.

We can see why our Senators campaigned hard to remove Amaechi. He is bad business for their greed.

are you sure you understood what I wrote?
Re: FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa by bahaushe1: 5:12pm On Apr 11, 2016
omofunaab:
Senator ashafa said the committee on land transportation recommended to the appropriation committee that lagos to calabar rail project be included but honorable jubrin Abdul mumunin's led Appropitiation committee simply ignored the recommendations of the committee on land transportation.. .so in other words Lagos to calabar was removed... So why is dogora and Ben Bruce denying the obvious
Ashafa is a Senator while Jibrin is a member of the house of representatives, as such Ashafa couldn't have recommended to Jibrin's committee. I think the fault is from Senator Danjuma Goje, chairman senate committee on appropriation. Ashafa's committee recommended to Goje's appropriation committee but they ignored the recommendation.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa by MadCow1: 5:20pm On Apr 11, 2016
Unibenfucker:
Madcow why do u so much beef uniben guess u were denied admission cos u are not intelligent enough

Me not intelligent enough?? grin grin

You are funny though.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa by dbestuncle: 5:21pm On Apr 11, 2016
omofunaab:
Senator ashafa said the committee on land transportation recommended to the appropriation committee that lagos to calabar rail project be included but honorable jubrin Abdul mumunin's led Appropitiation committee simply ignored the recommendations of the committee on land transportation.. .so in other words Lagos to calabar was removed... So why is dogora and Ben Bruce denying the obvious

omo iya.! the guys didn't say they removed it, they say it was not part of the original budget submitted by the president.

y didn't they rewrite the budget wen they had the time n chance.

shame!!!!!

1 Like

Re: FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa by TheFreeOne: 5:22pm On Apr 11, 2016
SMH for our political leaders, they are a bunch of disgrace to the region cos if what senator Ashafa said is true how come our people in NASS couldn't ensure it's in the approved budget submitted to the presidency.

We southerners are our own undoing.

1 Like

Re: FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa by eseoghene144: 5:23pm On Apr 11, 2016
Na wa,who do we believe?
Re: FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 11, 2016
vascey:
While we insult each other we fail to highlight the salient points.

The Honorable Minister while defending the budget to the committee of land transport presented a supplementary budget to them.

That is the point in contention.

Question: Is that the way to resend budget to NASS? Is it appropriate for Amaechi to send the updated copy of the budget to just the committee while excluding the other members of NASS? Isn't there a due process for this kind of correction or amendment. Was it followed? Is it reasonable to assert that since the committee on land transport had been provided with a fresh budget, therefore the entire members of NASS had been provided the details?

Simple accounting and finance knowledge would tell you that assuming Total T remains the same, once X is credited somewhere, same X must be debited somewhere else.

What did Gbenga Ashafa do when he was presented with a budget different from that presented to his colleagues?

The wailers are quick to say FG is confused while the zombies are quick to point fingers at SS/SE.

What a shame! This whole freaking drama is a shame.

ladies and gentlemen,common sense has spoken, one bottle on monkey tail for u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa by anonimi: 5:26pm On Apr 11, 2016
omenka:
PDP and her supporters are nothing but a dark force of evil that poses an existential threat to this country.

I deeply regret having to share a common national identity with such scandalously unpatriotic elements.

#spits.

I thought that Dogara and Jubrin are APC party members, not so
Better save your spit before it returns back to sender grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2938131_img20151008115017_jpegda469a94c9fd77807838733617689646

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa by BeardedMeat(m): 5:26pm On Apr 11, 2016
PassingShot:

I also do not see why any right thinking person will remove such very important project if not for pure hatred for the man in charge (Amaechi). Do not underestimate our politicians because many of them can do the unthinkable.

For example, what could make a sane person say it publicly that his own mother wears diaper just to convince electorates that Buhari wears one too. And Fayose said it live and direct! Even if his mom does wear diaper, is it not gross and despicable that he could say that publicly?

So, I believe the thieves involved actually removed the project.
You did not answer my question. I singled you out to educate me cos I saw how passionate you were on the issue, you did not have to digress cos I am really trying to understand in full what the executive and assembly men are bickering about. I do not agree that the senate that confirmed Amaechi as a minister would now single him out for Hatred as you said, doesn't hold water at all. The project is not a personal project. I am also wondering why the Presidency will not sign the budget as it is, and send the remaining things in a suplementary budget later. I need answers, but I doubt if you can help. Prolly you are fixated on Fayose cos of my Profile message and passed an opportunity to share knowledge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa by anonimi: 5:33pm On Apr 11, 2016
vascey:

The Honorable Minister while defending the budget to the committee of land transport presented a supplementary budget to them.

Question: Is that the way to resend budget to NASS? Is it appropriate for Amaechi to send the updated copy of the budget to just the committee while excluding the other members of NASS? Isn't there a due process for this kind of correction or amendment. Was it followed? Is it reasonable to assert that since the committee on land transport had been provided with a fresh budget, therefore the entire members of NASS had been provided the details?

Simple accounting and finance knowledge would tell you that assuming Total T remains the same, once X is credited somewhere, same X must be debited somewhere else.

What did Gbenga Ashafa do when he was presented with a budget different from that presented to his colleagues?

The wailers are quick to say FG is confused while the zombies are quick to point fingers at SS/SE.

Excellent analysis.
You however omitted the fact that NASS has two chambers:

- the Senate
- the House of Representatives

After each chamber has considered the budget they are supposed to have a harmonisation meeting.
Cheers.
Meanwhile make I give you this Wailers form Free of Charge, FoC grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3589606_fbimg1458848436888_jpeg0d51a6ed0a0d14cea0bf7a6d73ba0698

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa by Unibenfucker(m): 5:36pm On Apr 11, 2016
MadCow1:

Me not intelligent enough?? grin grin

You are funny though.. grin grin

MadCow1 i have always followed your posts and you never say anything good about uniben

Re: FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa by mildflame: 5:40pm On Apr 11, 2016
vascey:

The shame is on those legislators who deliberately removed the projects after being given the supplementary budget, this is the 8th assembly and majority of them know how the systems works
2wrongs can't make right, the legislators r CROOKS n they had ulterior motives...the SHAME is on 'em

4 Likes

Re: FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa by omofunaab(m): 5:40pm On Apr 11, 2016
bahaushe1:

Ashafa is a Senator while Jibrin is a member of the house of representatives, as such Ashafa couldn't have recommended to Jibrin's committee. I think the fault is from Senator Danjuma Goje, chairman senate committee on appropriation. Ashafa's committee recommended to Goje's appropriation committee but they ignored the recommendation.

It's a joint committee sir

1 Like

Re: FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa by hush15: 5:42pm On Apr 11, 2016
bendovex:
This confirms what Jibrin said, that the Lagos-Calabar rail was not captured in the main budget. However, a supplementary document from the ministry of transport was submitted to that effect by the minister of transportation during his ministry's budget defense, which was later sent to the Senate committee on appropriation for proper appropriation.
But the lying government would want us to believe that Lagos-Calabar rail was captured in the original budget, useless government!
what a shame!

The question now should be, why include it later at a committee hearing and not at the floor of the house? How could Ameachi have omitted such project during draft and initial presentation if it was that important?

People should blame rightly the real defaulter. With the way the executive is going, I wouldn't approve except it is what Mr President originally presented at the floor of the two chambers publicly less am being perceived as someone who has a hidden agenda.

A government that doesn't want to accept fault and move on is not a government with human interest at all.
Re: FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa by anonimi: 5:43pm On Apr 11, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
Don't you understand simple English? Ashafa said the Calabar-Lagos route wasn't included in the budget sent to the NASS, but later sent by Amaechi who also appeared in the joint committee on appropriation. Is common sense not supposed to to tell you that Amaechi appeared before Jibrin to defend the Calabar-Lagos route's allocation?

Since when did individual ministers send budgets to only ONE chamber of the NASS?
Is that the DISORDERLY way this federal administration under Buhari is meant to be run?
Can you imagine if each and every minister sends ADDITIONAL budget to the either the Senate or the HoR anyhow?
What chaos!
Don't you think such behaviour can only happen in zombieland?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3444716_img20160215224419_jpeg3a9d404699eb823dbaa7a23a7e345c55

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa by omofunaab(m): 5:45pm On Apr 11, 2016
dbestuncle:

omo iya.! the guys didn't say they removed it, they say it was not part of the original budget submitted by the president.

y didn't they rewrite the budget wen they had the time n chance.

shame!!!!!

Nobody is saying it was in the original budget but what we are saying is that since they knew that the project will be beneficial to Nigerians. And the committee on land transportation has recommended it, so why did they remove it.. If they knew it wasn't in the original budget then they shouldn't have allowed ameachi to defend the project.. They only removed the project last minute

1 Like

Re: FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:50pm On Apr 11, 2016
anonimi:

Since when did individual ministers send budgets to only ONE chamber of the NASS?
Is that the DISORDERLY way this federal administration under Buhari is meant to be run?
Can you imagine if each and every minister sends ADDITIONAL budget to the either the Senate or the HoR anyhow?
What chaos!
Don't you think such behaviour can only happen in zombieland?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3444716_img20160215224419_jpeg3a9d404699eb823dbaa7a23a7e345c55
Maybe I should remind you, I hate you quoting me because you make no sense.

1 Like

Re: FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa by hylyne(m): 5:51pm On Apr 11, 2016
shaddoww:

http://saharareporters.com/2016/04/11/federal-government-included-and-defended-inclusion-lagos-calabar-rail-2016-budget-senate

It's hard to believe that, a mega project cutting across 6 States was omitted/forgotten in budget. What was Amechi thinking,?

Oh I forgot he was busy, trying to rig river state election, when he needed concentration.....
Re: FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa by BeardedMeat(m): 5:52pm On Apr 11, 2016
profmallory:

Really, did you type this while running to buy fuel. You usual have something more intelligent to say other than a one liner "When did Amaechi add the Lagos-Calabar rail project? I still find it hard to believe"

The person you quoted has lost his steam and popularity here due to his unstable xter. He is depressed and unhappy and the reflection is in his scanty childish contributions nowadays.

1 Like

Re: FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa by derecho(m): 5:56pm On Apr 11, 2016
PassingShot:

Keep quiet!
The Committee Chairman has laid everything bare and you're still asking a very very silly question!

Look at the person lecturing on what youths should do to assume mantle of leadership!

It sucks to be you.
Oga please try to be civil.Simply present the truth for the unbiased.Tnx
For instance,not minding the typos, someone said the following:
How can you defend what was not there i place? The budget copy is in the public do APC supporters even tried to celebrate it a transparency. A minister does not bring e to a budget defence. The budgets are sub the budget office for onward transfer to th Ministers do not submit budgets directly t NASS. That would actually be another adm fraud. Don't they get it?
Re: FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa by tinsel: 6:07pm On Apr 11, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
When did Amaechi add the Lagos-Calabar rail project? I still find it hard to believe.
I am saddened this is coming from you.

1 Like

Re: FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa by drss1(m): 6:10pm On Apr 11, 2016
d amount of lies flying under dis govt is shameful. na to play politics with everytin dem sabi. nemesis go soon catch dem.
Re: FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa by eyesofgod: 6:12pm On Apr 11, 2016
obailala:
Speak for yourself alone. We need the railway.

You misunderstood the person you quoted.
Re: FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa by BeardedMeat(m): 6:18pm On Apr 11, 2016
mildflame:
Original or Supplementary budget the rail project merit its passage as long as the fund is the fund is there, the myopic legislators were simply thinking of the EGUNJE they were to benefit
Moron_s like Akpabio n Ben Bruce just make up the numbers they r like JONATHAN, ineffectual buffons
The three men obviously give you a lot of nightmare.
Re: FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa by drss1(m): 6:22pm On Apr 11, 2016
mildflame:

The shame is on those legislators who deliberately removed the projects after being given the supplementary budget, this is the 8th assembly and majority of them know how the systems works
2wrongs can't make right, the legislators r CROOKS n they had ulterior motives...the SHAME is on 'em
make i ask question: who summits supplementary budget to nass is it d president or a minister in wat capacity in channel did ameachi submitted his supplementary budget to d senate
Re: FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa by fyneguy: 6:27pm On Apr 11, 2016
bendovex:
This confirms what Jibrin said, that the Lagos-Calabar rail was not captured in the main budget. However, a supplementary document from the ministry of transport was submitted to that effect by the minister of transportation during his ministry's budget defense, which was later sent to the Senate committee on appropriation for proper appropriation.
But the lying government would want us to believe that Lagos-Calabar rail was captured in the original budget, useless government!
what a shame!

Even if it was not in the main budget, why did Jibrin and Goje decide to ignore its inclusion as acknowledged and advised by the Ministry of Transport and the Senate Committee on Land Transport?

Why did they add the ''floating funds in the main budget'' (which obviously was intended for the Lagos-Calabar Project but mistakenly omitted in the breakdown) to the Lagos-Kano rail project and Aviation security project?

Jibrin and Goje even added new projects to the budget! I mean projects not included in the main budget!

2 Likes

Re: FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa by fyneguy: 6:30pm On Apr 11, 2016
cktheluckyman:

No such video is on youtube!! What amechi on the youtube video is all about aviation.Nothing in that video mentioned anything about the lagos-calabar raillines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KE2XYj9Id4&app=desktop

1 Like

Re: FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa by santori: 6:31pm On Apr 11, 2016
sanandreas:
Do we need that rail way? A sea port in akwa Ibom would be better.

the way you guys reason eeh, when we already have ports in delta, rivers and cross river in South south while only lagos has ports in southwest.

having railway line connecting southsouth to South East and then southwest doesn't make any sense to your warped brain. trust me a chicken brain is much better than the one you currently use

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Orji Uzor Kalu's Throwback Photo In 1980s / Jamiu Abiola: Yoruba Should Vote For Buhari To Honor My Father - Abiolas Son / Sit-At-Home Order: Fear, Anxiety In Southeast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.