Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,840 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

Dangerous Meat Encountered In The Uk - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Dangerous Meat Encountered In The Uk (973 Views)

Beans Dish Replicated In The Uk By Nairalander / 7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal / Pictures Of The World’s Most Dangerous Foods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangerous Meat Encountered In The Uk by No2Atheism(m): 9:26am On Aug 02, 2009
@tubabie, @debosky, @ladyT and others in the UK

Abeg be careful with the kind of meat that you buy and cook. I just experienced something weird with the meat that i bought from a Spar Shop here in Manchester. This is not my first time of boiling and frying meat for consumption while making my own stew, hence i was suprised by the experience of the meat i bought from Spar.

- I boiled the meat, no problem (it was still looking like a meat at this point in time)
- I tend proceeded to fry it after boiling, hence when i encountered my suprise

The Meat got burnt easily, compared to other meat (i am not too suprised about this cause the cooker is quite strong) and however the suprising experience is that:

The burnt meat literarily melted instead of hardening up due to burning grin grin grin. My whole experience of burning or over fried meat is that it would become very hard and smaller. However in this case the meat literarily melted. This can simply mean that there is something wrong with the meat or that what was actually sold as meat may not be a meat afterall.

Usually i get pissed when i burn something while cooking, however in this case i am grateful cus at least it helped and prevented me from eating something that could have had an adverse effect on my body.

Therefore my advise is this:

Restrict yourself to buying foodstuffs mostly from African Food oriented shops and not from Westernised shops like Spar and co, cus it seems they are doing something to the raw food (no wonder their people get obese and have a lot of health problems).
Re: Dangerous Meat Encountered In The Uk by Busybody2(f): 9:30am On Aug 02, 2009
No2Atheism:

@tubabie, @debosky, @ladyT and others in the UK

Abeg be careful with the kind of meat that you buy and cook. I just experienced something weird with the meat that i bought from a Spar Shop here in Manchester. This is not my first time of boiling and frying meat for consumption while making my own stew, hence i was suprised by the experience of the meat i bought from Spar.

- I boiled the meat, no problem (it was still looking like a meat at this point in time)
- I tend proceeded to fry it after boiling, hence when i encountered my suprise

The Meat got burnt easily, compared to other meat (i am not too suprised about this cause the cooker is quite strong) and however the suprising experience is that:

The burnt meat literarily melted instead of hardening up due to burning grin grin grin. My whole experience of burning or over fried meat is that it would become very hard and smaller. However in this case the meat literarily melted. This can simply mean that there is something wrong with the meat or that what was actually sold as meat may not be a meat afterall.

Usually i get pissed when i burn something while cooking, however in this case i am grateful cus at least it helped and prevented me from eating something that could have had an adverse effect on my body.

Therefore my advise is this:

Restrict yourself to buying foodstuffs mostly from African Food oriented shops and not from Westernised shops like Spar and co, cus it seems they are doing something to the raw food (no wonder their people get obese and have a lot of health problems).

See what happens when men are let loose in the kitchen grin Una no sabi say different meat get different "cut" hence has to be cooked differently, olodo upon 30 cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Dangerous Meat Encountered In The Uk by No2Atheism(m): 9:33am On Aug 02, 2009
grin grin grin busybody look at you, i have been cooking real food since my secondary school days.

So don't even try me wen it comes to cooking grin grin grin.

If u and i go for maggi chicken competition there is a real possibility of beating you handsdown, despite say u be woman.
Re: Dangerous Meat Encountered In The Uk by No2Atheism(m): 9:34am On Aug 02, 2009
wen i say the meat melted i really mean i[b]t melted as if you put plastic inside fire[/b], with all my years of experience i never see beef behave like that before. Hence the suprised and gratefulness say i no chop the thing sef.
Re: Dangerous Meat Encountered In The Uk by Busybody2(f): 9:42am On Aug 02, 2009
No2Atheism:

[size=20pt] however the suprising experience is that:

The burnt meat literarily melted instead of hardening up due to burning  grin grin grin. My whole experience of burning or over fried meat is that it would become very hard and smaller. However in this case the meat literarily melted.  This can simply mean that there is something wrong with the meat or that what was actually sold as meat may not be a meat afterall.
[/color]

Usually i get pissed when i burn something while cooking, however in this case i am grateful cus at least it helped and prevented me from eating something that could have had an adverse effect on my body.[/size]

Sorry i had to dredge this up again, couldn't help it

Innocent query, did you jump out through the window when you discovered this? did you cry out to God in prayer? How many days of thanksgiving did you observe and set aside for fasting and praying? Please make my day and say "yes you did"
Re: Dangerous Meat Encountered In The Uk by No2Atheism(m): 10:02am On Aug 02, 2009
i am not melodramatic, grin grin grin, just noticed something weird in the kitchen and decided to inform my wellwishers.
Re: Dangerous Meat Encountered In The Uk by Busybody2(f): 10:38am On Aug 02, 2009
No2Atheism:

i am not melodramatic, grin grin grin, just noticed something weird in the kitchen and decided to inform my wellwishers.

See aponle cheesy Who said you were being melodramatic ehn, Mr Bull-in-a-china-shop cheesy Maggi kitchen ko, catering practicals ni, i will outcook (sic?) you blindfolded and with one hand tied behind my back cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Dangerous Meat Encountered In The Uk by Busybody2(f): 10:43am On Aug 02, 2009
No2Atheism:

wen i say the meat melted i really mean i[b]t melted as if you put plastic inside fire[/b], with all my years of experience i never see beef behave like that before. Hence the suprised and gratefulness say i no chop the thing sef.

What say we approach the Guinness Book of Records cos this sure is one amazing out of the world fete, or should we do away with our modesty and petition to have this declared the "Eighth wonder of the world" tongue I have to be your agent though and my commission is only just a paltry 45% of all your income    

I was already planning on daseria-ing for FL Alagolo for not giving me first choice of refusals before adding you to her e-harem, but armed with this new information/development, i will gladly pass cheesy Congrats to both of you  cheesy E eri igi se, Olorun a de je ki e b'oko cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Dangerous Meat Encountered In The Uk by No2Atheism(m): 11:38am On Aug 02, 2009
Busy_body:

What say we approach the Guinness Book of Records cos this sure is one amazing out of the world fete, or should we do away with our modesty and petition to have this declared the "Eighth wonder of the world" tongue I have to be your agent though and my commission is only just a paltry 45% of all your income    

I was already planning on daseria-ing f[b]or FL Alagolo for not giving me first choice of refusals before adding you to her e-harem[/b], but armed with this new information/development, i will gladly pass cheesy Congrats to both of you  cheesy E eri igi se, Olorun a de je ki e b'oko cheesy grin cheesy

u are not yet late there is still vacancy grin grin grin grin .

Busy_body:

See aponle cheesy Who said you were being melodramatic ehn, Mr Bull-in-a-china-shop cheesy Maggi kitchen ko, catering practicals ni, i will outcook (sic?) you blindfolded and with one hand tied behind my back cheesy grin cheesy

shior so that na wetin u think u fit do , , u still do not realise that i would still outcook you even if:

- i am blindfolded.
- two hands tied behind my back.
- the kitchen is locked and the key is thrown away.
- there is no gas nor electricity nor kerosene to cook

I would still out cook u even if u like go borrow super computer or consult Martha Stewart to help u out , u r still on ur own as far as cooking is concerned.

No be to cook boil water we dey talk her na to cook real food , grin grin grin grin
Re: Dangerous Meat Encountered In The Uk by mamag3: 4:54pm On Aug 03, 2009
rotflmao
Re: Dangerous Meat Encountered In The Uk by dayokanu(m): 5:19am On Aug 07, 2009
Which kain loff wan tin tin be dis between No2 and Busybody

Why dont you guys just get a room
Re: Dangerous Meat Encountered In The Uk by Nobody: 5:23am On Aug 07, 2009
dayokanu:

Which kain loff wan tin tin be dis between No2 and Busybody

Why dont you guys just get a room
Help me ask them o. See how she dey always mention my name to sidetrack people from seeing her lust for NO2

Busy_body:

I was already planning on daseria-ing for FL Alagolo for not giving me first choice of refusals before adding you to her e-harem, but armed with this new information/development, i will gladly pass cheesy Congrats to both of you cheesy E eri igi se, Olorun a de je ki e b'oko cheesy grin cheesy
N2A knows whatz up na. . . .N2A knows he's my brother from one of my father's 82 wives. cool

(1) (Reply)

Found Pieces Of Glass In Food / Photo:will You Eat This? / Cakes Cakes Cakes....very Affordable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.