Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Reviewing Duration Of Stay On Issued Schengen Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Reviewing Duration Of Stay On Issued Schengen Visa (3435 Views)

Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience / I Was Denied A Schengen Visa Today. / Reasons For Schengen Visa Refusal (explanation) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reviewing Duration Of Stay On Issued Schengen Visa by purplish(f): 7:19am On Apr 12, 2016
I'll try to make this as brief as possible. I am very devastated at my situation.

For up to 6 weeks, I have awaited reply from the Danish embassy on my multiple entry visa application, first to Denmark and then to Spain a few days after my return. I was granted a multiple entry visa with a one month validity period BUT only 7 days for duration of stay

This would only cover my trip to Denmark as that is the exact number of days for the conference.

Who has any experience with this sort of situation? Is there a method for reviewing the duration of stay by the embassy, since the visa has already been granted?

Please help. Thanks.
Re: Reviewing Duration Of Stay On Issued Schengen Visa by Nobody: 7:39am On Apr 12, 2016
purplish:
I'll try to make this as brief as possible. I am very devastated at my situation.

For up to 6 weeks, I have awaited reply from the Danish embassy on my multiple entry visa application, first to Denmark and then to Spain a few days after my return. I was granted a multiple entry visa with a one month validity period BUT only 7 days for duration of stay

This would only cover my trip to Denmark as that is the exact number of days for the conference.

Who has any experience with this sort of situation? Is there a method for reviewing the duration of stay by the embassy, since the visa has already been granted?

Please help. Thanks.

First step is to write the Danish embassy, expressing your displeasure. I believe they should be responsible enough to review it. . .
Re: Reviewing Duration Of Stay On Issued Schengen Visa by purplish(f): 8:31am On Apr 12, 2016
Thank you. Just that the trip is about 3 weeks away and I don't want to expend my efforts if it is impossible to review an issued visa.
Re: Reviewing Duration Of Stay On Issued Schengen Visa by cocolacec(m): 4:40pm On May 23, 2016
Hi purplish ,a friend applied for Danish visa on 10th May 2016 and anytime he tracks his application since 11th May ,he gets this feedback.

'Your application has been sent to Visa application centre Abuja/Lagos'

Is this normal for Danish visa Application?
Re: Reviewing Duration Of Stay On Issued Schengen Visa by cocolacec(m): 6:19pm On May 23, 2016
purplish:

Please help. Thanks.

Hi purplish ,a friend applied for Danish visa on 10th May 2016 and anytime he tracks his application since 11th May ,he gets this feedback.

'Your application has been sent to the Visa application centre Abuja/Lagos'

Re: Reviewing Duration Of Stay On Issued Schengen Visa by purplish(f): 9:02pm On May 23, 2016
cocolacec:

'Your application has been sent to the Visa application centre Abuja/Lagos'

Hey dear smiley This is very normal. Their online tracking system is so freaking accurate. When his passport gets back to VFS, the feedback would change as well. All the best to him!
Re: Reviewing Duration Of Stay On Issued Schengen Visa by cocolacec(m): 10:52pm On May 23, 2016
purplish:

Hey dear smiley This is very normal. Their online tracking system is so freaking accurate. When his passport gets back to VFS, the feedback would change as well. All the best to him!

Thanks for the prompt reply.
He was expecting to see that his application is at the Danish embassy at the moment.Could it be his application is back on its way to the Vfs centre?
Re: Reviewing Duration Of Stay On Issued Schengen Visa by purplish(f): 7:36am On May 26, 2016
cocolacec:

Thanks for the prompt reply.
He was expecting to see that his application is at the Danish embassy at the moment.Could it be his applicat
ion is back on its way to the Vfs centre?

What is the situation now?
Re: Reviewing Duration Of Stay On Issued Schengen Visa by cocolacec(m): 8:08am On May 26, 2016
purplish:

What is the situation now?

still the same feedback
Re: Reviewing Duration Of Stay On Issued Schengen Visa by kodylicky(f): 8:50am On May 26, 2016
hello ppl,
Please can anyone help explain how to withdraw a schengen visa application and how long it takes.

I applied to the French embassy in Lagos and i have a confirmed flight to London on 31st May..

plssss hellpp
Re: Reviewing Duration Of Stay On Issued Schengen Visa by Nobody: 10:10am On May 26, 2016
kodylicky:
hello ppl,
Please can anyone help explain how to withdraw a schengen visa application and how long it takes.
I applied to the French embassy in Lagos and i have a confirmed flight to London on 31st May..
plssss hellpp
kodylicky:
hello ppl,
plssss hellpp
Contact them where you applied which I presume is vfs .Either call number or go there yourself. If your passport is with the French embassy then call their number and explain you predicament. Vfs will give you embassy's number if you call them or look for embassy's number online.

You do realise that 30th is a public holiday and you just have today and Friday to conclude this.
Re: Reviewing Duration Of Stay On Issued Schengen Visa by cocolacec(m): 6:10pm On Jul 04, 2016
Its been over 50 Days SINCE my friend applied for Danish Schengen visa ,no decision yet
Re: Reviewing Duration Of Stay On Issued Schengen Visa by ClassCaptain(m): 2:39pm On Jul 26, 2016
cocolacec:
Its been over 50 Days SINCE my friend applied for Danish Schengen visa ,no decision yet

mr cocolacec, a wonderful afternoon to you..

Its nice to see that u are an alumnus of the university of ilorin particularly from the law faculty...

Please i will like to discuss some business matters with u via pm..

Ur positive response would be highly appreciated,,

thanks
Re: Reviewing Duration Of Stay On Issued Schengen Visa by cocolacec(m): 4:17pm On Jul 27, 2016
ClassCaptain:

mr cocolacec, a wonderful afternoon to you..

Its nice to see that u are an alumnus of the university of ilorin particularly from the law faculty...

Please i will like to discuss some business matters with u via pm..

Ur positive response would be highly appreciated,,

thanks

I studied Engineering not law.My Wife is thé lawyer.YOu can reach me on watsapp on 09096904387
Re: Reviewing Duration Of Stay On Issued Schengen Visa by Obinoscopy(m): 7:53am On Apr 15, 2017
cocolacec:
Fifty days? shocked

@Purplish, how long did it take you to get your visa?
Re: Reviewing Duration Of Stay On Issued Schengen Visa by purplish(f): 1:54pm On Apr 30, 2017
Obinoscopy:
Fifty days? shocked

@Purplish, how long did it take you to get your visa?

Over one month oh. Can't really remember the exact wait period.
Re: Reviewing Duration Of Stay On Issued Schengen Visa by Obinoscopy(m): 11:08pm On Apr 30, 2017
purplish:

Wow, that's scary.
Re: Reviewing Duration Of Stay On Issued Schengen Visa by guttentag(m): 3:25am On May 01, 2017
These western countries keep ripping Nigerians
On a normal circumstances, all these visa stress isn't called for just because they know how desperate Nigerians are
I blame those guliable leaders up there

2 Likes

Re: Reviewing Duration Of Stay On Issued Schengen Visa by fpeter(f): 2:15pm On May 03, 2017
Please, which country in Europe would be easier for me to obtain Schengen Visa?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Reviewing Duration Of Stay On Issued Schengen Visa by macho44(m): 9:10pm On May 13, 2017
fpeter:
Please, which country in Europe would be easier for me to obtain Schengen Visa?

Thank you.
Slovakia I suppose.

2 Likes

Re: Reviewing Duration Of Stay On Issued Schengen Visa by Obinoscopy(m): 1:38pm On Jun 26, 2017
purplish:

I guess it has been reduced cos that of Denmark didn't even get to 20 days.
Re: Reviewing Duration Of Stay On Issued Schengen Visa by Obinoscopy(m): 8:59am On Sep 01, 2017
Obinoscopy:
I guess it has been reduced cos that of Denmark didn't even get to 20 days.
I guess it's not consistent because now an application with them has exceeded 20 days.

Initially, a message was sent via mail saying that the application has been dispatched to Danish Embassy. But when the application is tracked online, it says the application has been sent to the Application centre in Lagos/Abuja. I don't understand.

Meanwhile, what was written on the receipt is that it takes a minimum of 15days (they didn't say 15 working days). Well the minimum day has been exceeded sad

(1) (Reply)

The Most Friendly Country To Visitors / How To Stop My Brother From Trying To Travel To Malaysia? / Dana Air Plane Just Crashed Outside Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.