Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,218 members, 7,780,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:46 PM

The Lagos Calabar Rail Controversy: What everyone should know - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Lagos Calabar Rail Controversy: What everyone should know (27621 Views)

Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard / The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter / Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lagos Calabar Rail Controversy: What everyone should know by lailo: 2:48pm On Apr 12, 2016
I took my time to read and digest and all I heard was a desperate wailing by PDP/SE/SS to return to power after they have squandered 16yrs opportunity.

2 Likes

Re: The Lagos Calabar Rail Controversy: What everyone should know by Doyin2(m): 2:48pm On Apr 12, 2016
Matthewbriggs:
[size=15pt]Lagos Calabar rail controversy : What everyone should know[/size]

There is an intense effort by some people to change the narrative regarding the controversial Lagos-Calabar rail project.

The current spin been sold is that SE&SS senators are against the progress of their people, so as to spite this administration, Also that the NASS is filled with bigoted northern senators who are out to disenfranchise the south with the southern senators doing nothing.

We can go on and debate what this controversy is all about, Spin doctors from both parties can continue to try to use this to further their political agenda, but in the midst of all this noise, it is important we put context to everything, look at the essence of this controversy and decide what the debate should really be about.

Let's start with the facts on the ground.

1. The presidency failed to submit this item in her original budget to the senate.
2. A minister tried to get the item in by approaching the senate
3. The Minster failed in doing so, given that at the end of the day, the executive discovered it wasn't added, hence all the controversy.

In between these 3 events, there are a lot of controversies, At this point it is important to put everything in context, focusing on the essence of what this controversy really represents.

The Fist Context is

1. We have an incompetent Executive - The current budget fiasco paints the executive as a bunch of confused people with no strong coordination internal and externally with Nigerians. Starting from a shoddy budget that went missing, the budget padding controversy and now the failure to adequately communicate what has really transpired in this Lagos - Calabar issue. Instead, she has chosen to throw blames as opposed to really taking responsibility and proposing a way to fix this situation. Committing gaffes upon gaffes for something very sensitive as the budget that powers the livelihood of over 200million Nigerians is a grouse sign of incompetence APC would never tolerate this from PDP if they were the opposition.

2. We have a disunited Ruling party - One of the key benefits of been the ruling party and also winning majority of seats in the House of assembly is that this helps the executive get things done. It aids easy communication and implementation of projects and visions of the executive because every member of the party understands that the success of the executive means the success of their party and them as well.

A dis-United APC is dangerous for Nigeria's progress, it's like APC is the ruling and opposing party. This is not what APC promised Nigerians. This should be the real subject of discussion, not the tribal bigoted crap that is trailing this debate.

APC should be tasked by Nigerians to get their house in other and deliver, as opposed to fighting themselves, allowing Nigerians that voted them in, to be the ground that suffers from their in-house shenanigans.

We need leadership yesterday, Nigeria must come first before party

3. SS & SE senators are not only to blame for their oversight and failure to speak up : The current spin by some Bigots is that the SS & SE senators in their bid to spite the Minister of Transport and the executive looked the other way as this project was omitted. This premise was established, Intentionally absolving the SW senators from any blame forgetting that this project will also benefit the SW. This is bigotry hiding under the facade of we are fight, for the interest of the SS and SE. While everyone know that you really don't care.

Ideally, all Southern senators are to be blamed for not standing and fighting for a project that will benefit their regions this is not a PDP or APC blame game this is the fact that our southern senators need to seat up and defend the interest of the people who put them there.

Your people must come first before the party.

4. Nigeria under the APC is becoming more disunited than ever: Truth be told the last election really did more harm to Nigeria's unity only topped by the civil war. The APC government instead of healing the wounds and uniting the nation is doing a much shoddy job that is further disuniting the nation, either through unchecked statements by the executive, the actions and inactions of the executive etc.

Allowing controversies like this to fester seems like the APC is comfortable been the party for the 95% as opposed to a party for all. The overall position and vibe of the Ruling party and her team of foot soldiers, tireless tries to drive home this fact.

That been said the real question is after the blame throwing where do we go from here as a nation. Will the APC seat up and truly provide the leadership this nation truly needs or will she continue to chase the wind for the next 3 years

This article? is full of mischief!

What is the big deal about supplementing,correcting,withdrawing or amending a budget(whatever is applicable ) that was yet be approved hitherto?

Even in the corporate world, amendment to budgets are not unusual, even after approval.

TOTAL RUBBISH!
Re: The Lagos Calabar Rail Controversy: What everyone should know by Marpol: 2:50pm On Apr 12, 2016
TippyTop:
@OP
May your ink never dry, very apt and straight to the point. The presidency and their paid hacks are trying to blame everybody but themselves.

The minister of Transport who is from the SS, had the Kano rail included in the main budget but conveniently forgot the Lagos Calabar.

Who is Amaechi kidding, is this not the same Amaechi that cancelled maritime university in the ND because there was something similar in Zaria.

Maritime Academy is in Oron Akwa Ibom state not Zaria.
Re: The Lagos Calabar Rail Controversy: What everyone should know by pulsa(m): 2:52pm On Apr 12, 2016
EbukaFran:
Rubbish analysis by a bigoted PDP supporter

The article is very biased and an attempt at Wailing

The same APC government you accuse of incompetence and hatred for the SE/SS, made provision for a coastal rail infrastructure between Lagos and Calabar- benefiting several SE and SS states

The efforts of the government is being frustrated by selfish senators who want Buhari to fail

It is an effort in futility. Buhari will rule till 2023 whether you like it or not

when we vote him out go and put him back there oh you hear.
Re: The Lagos Calabar Rail Controversy: What everyone should know by MrMcJay(m): 2:52pm On Apr 12, 2016
pulsa:

are you dumb or just stupid

Keep asking foolish questions, don't go and bail Kanu.
Re: The Lagos Calabar Rail Controversy: What everyone should know by kraftykc(m): 2:53pm On Apr 12, 2016
EbukaFran:

Probably an advocation for a 3rd term- who knows?

for the record, I dont hate anyone

Buhari is not perfect but he is working. There is a certain section of the country that hate him passionately and will attack all his policies regardless of the merits

Unlike you, I believe he is a very strong and good leader. The type of leader Nigeria needs for at least 20- 30 years to change the institutions that support corruption

Lol 20-30 years?? God alone will forbid such a travesty.

OBJ was the best Naija produced, and even he couldn't wrangle a 3rd term.

Your deification of Buhari can't end well, I just can't see it ending well.

That said, I pray every day that he succeeds because our lives will be better for it. I pray he succeeds.

The Op's analysis are not up to pay really, they are very sentimental and do really seem to grasp the full scope of the gist.

I too do not grasp the full portrait but I have a bigger picture than the OP and it is from that standpoint that I access him.
Re: The Lagos Calabar Rail Controversy: What everyone should know by Oildichotomy(m): 2:57pm On Apr 12, 2016
DoTheNeedful:
I was expecting a very objective analysis and explanation supported with facts and figures but I am disappointed. The @op is highly sentimental and partisan. Can't we have robust debate in this politics section without getting this low?
@Seun,you need to audit your moderators. Many of them are not fit for the job. I am highly disappointed at the type of threads hitting frontpage these days.
It is painful to be at the other side of the divide yeah?

If counter opinions about issues could pain you this much. Then you are in for a treat because you have four years to see and read analyses such as OP's.

It sucks to be you right now shocked I know how it feels trust me

Pele
Re: The Lagos Calabar Rail Controversy: What everyone should know by henryhemon(m): 3:03pm On Apr 12, 2016
HughWilliams:
OP, you are not being objective as you should be.. The NASS are solely to be blame. was the various subtractions, padding and additions they eventually did on the budget part of the original budget? Was it not after the padding and alteration scandal that PMB sent his ministers to confirm and correct the errors after many DGs have been sacked and many civil servants redeployed?

Was the video not shown of Amaechi's defense of the budget of his ministry and the Calabar-Lagos rail project discussed and even made a press statement on the project and was reported by Vanguard?

If their hands (NASS) are clean, why are they bent on insisting that PMB signs the budget without the details? The fact is that the NASS are full of corrupt elements and they thought it is business as usual.. They will fail!!

You nailed it.
This is the only government were budget has been opened to scrutiny before now they will go and discuss how to share money between the executive and legislators but now every ministry has been scrutinized but out of hate people won't see the truth. When was the last time a budget generate so much attention?

2 Likes

Re: The Lagos Calabar Rail Controversy: What everyone should know by ogmaskman: 3:07pm On Apr 12, 2016
DoTheNeedful:
I was expecting a very objective analysis and explanation supported with facts and figures but I am disappointed. The @op is highly sentimental and partisan. Can't we have robust debate in this politics section without getting this low?
@Seun,you need to audit your moderators. Many of them are not fit for the job. I am highly disappointed at the type of threads hitting frontpage these days.

You have said it all. How on earth did such a sentimental and bias post make front page. Somebody wakes up in the morning poured his hatred on another and a mod brought it here. The mods on this forum must be very dull. What happened to objective writing. The op's points are so flawed that I couldn't believe I was actually reading from the front page. Seun, pls save nairaland befor mediocres turn it around.

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Calabar Rail Controversy: What everyone should know by henryhemon(m): 3:08pm On Apr 12, 2016
TippyTop:
@OP
May your ink never dry, very apt and straight to the point. The presidency and their paid hacks are trying to blame everybody but themselves.

The minister of Transport who is from the SS, had the Kano rail included in the main budget but conveniently forgot the Lagos Calabar.

Who is Amaechi kidding, is this not the same Amaechi that cancelled maritime university in the ND because there was something similar in Zaria.

you dont even know where maritime academy is? Bigoted individuals like you. Nigerian is one whereever it is located is in Nigeria,what have you people acheived with this ethnic nonsense you spew out?
Re: The Lagos Calabar Rail Controversy: What everyone should know by billyG(m): 3:14pm On Apr 12, 2016
Matthewbriggs:

There is an intense effort by some people to change the narrative regarding the controversial Lagos-Calabar rail project.

The current spin been sold is that SE&SS senators are against the progress of their people, so as to spite this administration, Also that the NASS is filled with bigoted northern senators who are out to disenfranchise the south with the southern senators doing nothing.

We can go on and debate what this controversy is all about, Spin doctors from both parties can continue to try to use this to further their political agenda, but in the midst of all this noise, it is important we put context to everything, look at the essence of this controversy and decide what the debate should really be about.

1. The presidency failed to submit this item in her original budget to the senate.
3. The Minster failed in doing so, given that at the end of the day, the executive discovered it wasn't added, hence all the controversy.

In between these 3 events, there are a lot of controversies, At this point it is important to put everything in context, focusing on the essence of what this controversy really represents.

The Fist Context is

1. We have an incompetent Executive - The current budget fiasco paints the executive as a bunch of confused people with no strong coordination internal and externally with Nigerians. Starting from a shoddy budget that went missing, the budget padding controversy and now the failure to adequately communicate what has really transpired in this Lagos - Calabar issue. Instead, she has chosen to throw blames as opposed to really taking responsibility and proposing a way to fix this situation. Committing gaffes upon gaffes for something very sensitive as the budget that powers the livelihood of over 200million Nigerians is a grouse sign of incompetence APC would never tolerate this from PDP if they were the opposition.

2. We have a disunited Ruling party - One of the key benefits of been the ruling party and also winning majority of seats in the House of assembly is that this helps the executive get things done. It aids easy communication and implementation of projects and visions of the executive because every member of the party understands that the success of the executive means the success of their party and them as well.

A dis-United APC is dangerous for Nigeria's progress, it's like APC is the ruling and opposing party. This is not what APC promised Nigerians. This should be the real subject of discussion, not the tribal bigoted crap that is trailing this debate.

APC should be tasked by Nigerians to get their house in other and deliver, as opposed to fighting themselves, allowing Nigerians that voted them in, to be the ground that suffers from their in-house shenanigans.

3. SS & SE senators are not only to blame for their oversight and failure to speak up : The current spin by some Bigots is that the SS & SE senators in their bid to spite the Minister of Transport and the executive looked the other way as this project was omitted. This premise was established, Intentionally absolving the SW senators from any blame forgetting that this project will also benefit the SW. This is bigotry hiding under the facade of we are fight, for the interest of the SS and SE. While everyone know that you really don't care.

Ideally, all Southern senators are to be blamed for not standing and fighting for a project that will benefit their regions this is not a PDP or APC blame game this is the fact that our southern senators need to seat up and defend the interest of the people who put them there.

4. Nigeria under the APC is becoming more disunited than ever: Truth be told the last election really did more harm to Nigeria's unity only topped by the civil war. The APC government instead of healing the wounds and uniting the nation is doing a much shoddy job that is further disuniting the nation, either through unchecked statements by the executive, the actions and inactions of the executive etc.

Allowing controversies like this to fester seems like the APC is comfortable been the party for the 95% as opposed to a party for all. The overall position and vibe of the Ruling party and her team of foot soldiers, tireless tries to drive home this fact.

That been said the real question is after the blame throwing where do we go from here as a nation. Will the APC seat up and truly provide the leadership this nation truly needs or will she continue to chase the wind for the next 3 years

All i know is Ben Bruce,ekweremadu,sekibo,Akpabio,Abaribe pfuck up!Are dey in slumber when Ameachi was defending d budget?
Re: The Lagos Calabar Rail Controversy: What everyone should know by TippyTop(m): 3:17pm On Apr 12, 2016
Marpol:

Maritime Academy is in Oron Akwa Ibom state not Zaria.
Amaechi said there were two similar universities one in Zaria and the other in Akwa Ibom.
Re: The Lagos Calabar Rail Controversy: What everyone should know by TippyTop(m): 3:18pm On Apr 12, 2016
henryhemon:

you dont even know where maritime academy is? Bigoted individuals like you. Nigerian is one whereever it is located is in Nigeria,what have you people acheived with this ethnic nonsense you spew out?
Amaechi said there were two similar universities one in Zaria and the other in Akwa Ibom.
Re: The Lagos Calabar Rail Controversy: What everyone should know by clevadani: 3:21pm On Apr 12, 2016
This is one of the most f**lish post I've ever read on nairaland.
So biased and devoid of any form of objectivity. The op did not even try to his his obvious prejudice against the presidency.
Y would a mod bring such thrash to fp?
Re: The Lagos Calabar Rail Controversy: What everyone should know by pulsa(m): 3:24pm On Apr 12, 2016
MrMcJay:

Keep asking foolish questions, don't go and bail Kanu.

I'm Yoruba actually, and I'm fucking tired of this back and forth tribal bullshit.
And I suggest you stop and actually start reasoning logically and not emotion ally.
Can't you see the northern agenda, can't you realise that the northerners are proving themselves to be very tribalistic, and violent.
But then you might just be a northerner parading yourself as a southerner.

3 Likes

Re: The Lagos Calabar Rail Controversy: What everyone should know by omenka(m): 3:26pm On Apr 12, 2016
EbukaFran:

The same APC government you accuse of incompetence and hatred for the SE/SS, made provision for a coastal rail infrastructure between Lagos and Calabar- benefiting several SE and SS states

The efforts of the government is being frustrated by selfish senators who want Buhari to fail

It is an effort in futility. Buhari will rule till 2023 whether you like it or not
Shout it out loud, let every Lost One hear it!!

2 Likes

Re: The Lagos Calabar Rail Controversy: What everyone should know by pulsa(m): 3:26pm On Apr 12, 2016
Doyin2:

This article? is full of mischief!

What is the big deal about supplementing,correcting,withdrawing or amending a budget(whatever is applicable ) that was yet be approved hitherto?

Even in the corporate world, amendment to budgets are not unusual, even after approval.

TOTAL RUBBISH!

amendment along ethnic lines reveal their intentions, we Yoruba's better stand with the south, the northerners seem to be standing for a northern agenda.
Re: The Lagos Calabar Rail Controversy: What everyone should know by MrMcJay(m): 3:26pm On Apr 12, 2016
pulsa:

I'm Yoruba actually, and I'm fucking tired of this back and forth tribal bullshit.
And I suggest you stop and actually start reasoning logically and not emotion ally.
Can't you see the northern agenda, can't you realise that the northerners are proving themselves to be very tribalistic, and violent.

No one asked you. Also, keep your ignorant assumptions within yourself. Na you be Onye Awusa.
Re: The Lagos Calabar Rail Controversy: What everyone should know by TGM2015: 3:27pm On Apr 12, 2016
aribs:
Clever writeup but your points are not all valid. To address them one by one:
First you claim we have an incompetent executive . That in this case could be because you may not have a full understanding of what goes into a budget bill. A budget is a bill of law that is passed like any other bill before the legislature. Amendments are made and are allowed up till when the bill leaves the committee stage. This bill hhad neither been considered by the whole Senate no gone through the First or Second Reading. Even in advanced democracies, budgets go through this same process and it is not uncommon to have serial amendments made to budget estimates
To your other point about having a ruling party in disarray, I think that is the collective fault of the Nigerian voting public. Candidates of different political.parties stood for election into our legislature. If we chose to elect incompetent people to these institutions regardless of political.party affiliations , that is on us.
This flows to your third point about the seeming incapacity of these senators to deliver on their mandate. This shows the quality of those the Nigerian voting public thought best would fit. For instance , what are the qualifications of those who hold these seats ? Do they have the right advisors? In other countries freshmen lawmakers have technical advisers who guide the lawmakers in the performance of their duties. Here it is a job for the boys and hangers on...this budget debacle to me reflects everything wrong with how we perceive candidates . What we should care about is how to make sure all organs of government remember that we put them there and they are supposed to.work.for our interest irrespective of political.affiliations
God bless you.
Re: The Lagos Calabar Rail Controversy: What everyone should know by Prales(m): 3:27pm On Apr 12, 2016
Gbam

pulsa:

Re: The Lagos Calabar Rail Controversy: What everyone should know by henryhemon(m): 3:32pm On Apr 12, 2016
Ballmer:
Writer like this OP is why I continuously wonder if the brains of over 99% Igbo on NL is not damaged

Can anyone see how articulate the OP is with his post yet he does not have the intelligence to figure out the only senator that as spoken out on the inclusion of the budget is Gbenga Ashafa from the SouthWest. He can not comprehend every other senator that as spoken against the inclusion either through the back or front door as been from the SE/SS.

This OP can write so well but lack the intelligence to understand a northerner senator would have shut his or her mouth not minding the project was sneaked in tru the window or back door so long it is beneficial to his regions or tribe he'd support it.

While this OP is clearly right about the gaffe from the president and the minister what happened to his medula that should remind him that the reason why we have the supplementary budget is simply because the gaffe in the initial budget were outrageous and untenable which necessitated the need for the now acceptable supplementary budget yet he based his argument on a document already discarded by the senate. A document which was aslo confirmed by the presidency as a fraud.

Will the OP claim he does not understand this I doubt and this bring us back to what exactly is wrong with the reasoning of some of the Igbo's on NL and why instead of appreciating what is beneficial to them would rather antagonize these laudable incentives just to spite Buhari.

While the OP might be right about the dangers of having warring faction in the APC it should be noted the party is bound to suffer more from any effect of their disunity than Nigeria. In fact I believe this is a blessing in disguise to keep the polilooters from both the APC n PDP in check. The adage only a thief can trace the footpath of another thief does justice to this notion.

The Saraki looting crew will always be mindful of every financial transaction it undertake while it continously seek space at disgracing any gaffe from the Buhari/Tinubu crew. Nigeria can only be the winner with such a situation.

Very well spoken. You took it from my mouth,we are to gain if they continue fighting,we saw how well pdp dealt with us when they agreed on everything and almost sold Nigeria.
Re: The Lagos Calabar Rail Controversy: What everyone should know by billyG(m): 3:42pm On Apr 12, 2016
eminikansoso:

Excerpt from thisday compiled by Modath below clearly explain the whole issue.

................However, more information was brought to light monday on what transpired with respect to the Calabar-Lagos rail project, when a senior official in the presidency disclosed that its omission from the budget was caused by the Budget Office.

This came as the Chairman on the Senate Committee on Land Transport, Senator Gbenga Ashafa confirmed yesterday in a press statement that Amaechi did inform the committee of the omission of the Lagos-Calabar rail project and sent a supplementary copy of the ministry’s budget to the committee, which contained the said project.
Speaking with THISDAY in Abuja on Monday, the presidency source, who pleaded anonymity, said when the error committed by the Budget Office was discovered, Ameachi quickly forwarded a memo to the Budget Office, drawing its attention to the error and it was quickly corrected.

The source added: “Minister Ameachi did not stop there, he followed it up with several meetings with Senator Gbenga Ashafa and during the defence of the budget, Amaechi informed the committee of the omission of the Lagos-Calabar rail modernisation project and indeed sent a supplementary copy of the ministry’s budget to the committee, which contained the said project.
“I can tell you that it was the House of Representatives that removed it for obvious reasons. The ministry was harassed by the House members during the defence of the budget, demanding for one thing or the other. If Hon. Abdulmumim said the Lagos-Calabar Rail project was not in the original budget, let him also show you where N92 billion was provided for the Lagos-Kano rail project in the original budget that he is making reference to?
“On the rehabilitation of some airports, the Ministry of Transportation did make provision for them in the budget we submitted, and the National Assembly on its own appropriated N4 billion to this. They are just lying. And we challenged them to produce the report the Senate Committee on Land Transport sent to the Ministry of Transportation.”

Senator Ashafa also confirmed that Amaechi did inform the committee of the omission of the Lagos-Calabar rail project and the omission was subsequently corrected.

According to the senator, “I have carefully followed the news making the rounds in relation to the budget presented to the National Assembly and what was defended by the Ministry of Transportation before the Senate Committee on Land Transport which I have the privilege of chairing.

“The focal point of controversy seems to be the Lagos-Calabar railway modernisation project and the completion of the Idu-Kaduna rail line.
“I confirm that the Lagos-Calabar rail line was not in the original document that was presented to the National Assembly by the executive.

“However, subsequently, during the budget defence session before the Senate Committee on Land Transport, the Minister for Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, did inform the committee of the omission of the Lagos-Calabar rail project and indeed sent a supplementary copy of the ministry’s budget to the committee which contained the said project.”

The senator added that the minister had noted during the defence of the budget that the amount needed for the counterpart funding for both the Lagos to Kano and Lagos to Calabar rail modernisation projects was in the sum of N120 billion, being N60 billion per project.

Senator Ashafa said while the committee did not completely agree with all the changes made in the subsequent document, being fully aware of the critical importance of the rail sector to the development of the country, members of the Senate Committee on Land Transport keyed into the laudable (Lagos-Calabar rail modernisation) project and found ways of appropriating funds for the project without exceeding the envelope provided for the ministry.

“In so doing, the committee observed that the Lagos-Kano rail rehabilitation project had been allocated the sum of N52 billion as against the sum of N60 billion, which the minister requested as counterpart funding while no allocation whatsoever was made for the Lagos-Calabar rail line,” the Senator further stated.

“Hence, the sum of N54 billion that was discovered by the Senate Committee on Land Transport to be floating in the budget of the Ministry of Transportation as presented by the executive was injected into augmenting the funds needed for counterpart funding of both projects (Lagos-Kano and Lagos-Calabar Rail modernisation), as at the time the committee defended its report before the Senate Committee on Appropriation,” he said.

He stated that the Lagos-Calabar rail modernisation project was therefore included in the Senate Committee on Land Transport’s recommendation to the Senate Committee on Appropriation.

On the Idu-Kaduna rail completion project, Senator Ashafa said his committee did not alter what was provided in the budget as sent by the executive, being approximately N18 billion, adding that he was equally surprised to read in newspapers that the amount allocated to the said project was reduced by N8 billion.

He said while he would have preferred to wait till next Tuesday, when the National Assembly reconvenes in order to have the benefit of viewing the details of the budget that was conveyed to the executive as passed, he was compelled to place the facts in a proper perspective as it relates to the activities of his committee.

“Without prejudice to the considerations and powers of the Senate Committee on Appropriation with regard to the appropriation process, the foregoing is the true reflection of what transpired at the committee level with respect to the Land Transport sector with the Ministry of Transport,” he further stated..........................

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/04/12/calabar-lagos-rail-project-that-was-never-listed-triggers-a-spat/

Ashafa na correctman,Ben Bruce no get common sense.

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Calabar Rail Controversy: What everyone should know by MrMcJay(m): 3:42pm On Apr 12, 2016
pulsa:

Only a northerner would call, my ascribing to the Hausa Fulani's the notion that they are tribalistic and violent; ignorance

They slaughtered people in Agatu, Taraba and mile 12 and the President refused to say anything, and even when his cattle association did pertaining to Agatu, they gave the most useless excuse that bordered on comparing a human life to that of a cow.

MY FRIEND YOU ARE A bleeping HAUSA MAN
SHEGE BANZA
OPONU ODE
NDI ARA

won't descend into the gutter insults with you. You are a very good example of the job your parents did on you.

As for my ethnicity, I'll leave you guessing and advertising your ignorance.
Re: The Lagos Calabar Rail Controversy: What everyone should know by aresa: 3:42pm On Apr 12, 2016
[s]
Matthewbriggs:

The Fist Context is

[/s]

Matthewbriggs:

Dude I am Voting for GEJ

Your crooked, corrupt and incompetent stealing is not corruption GEJ lost is is very likely to end up in jail so stop boring us with your meaningless and corrupt sermon..
Re: The Lagos Calabar Rail Controversy: What everyone should know by poiZon: 3:54pm On Apr 12, 2016
EbukaFran:

u dey vex for nothing, u need to google how to vex in d right manner.
noboby is disputing the fact that buhari wont rule till 2023, infact to me buhari shud rule till 2100 so he can take time n clean d mess he met n d mess he has created n currently creating.

keep ranting till pdp take over d house leadership over apc's disunity.
Re: The Lagos Calabar Rail Controversy: What everyone should know by qtx(m): 3:58pm On Apr 12, 2016
true talk.
Re: The Lagos Calabar Rail Controversy: What everyone should know by vigasimple(m): 3:59pm On Apr 12, 2016
EbukaFran:

You are the one talking nonsense. It was GEJ government that conceived and signed the MOU for the Lagos to Calabar rail line.

The 'ommission' in the budget is deliberate as Buhari is known to be the President of the North. A born to rule Fulani man.

Buhari cancelled the Lagos metro in 1984 and pay the equivalent of the contract price with zero asset. These things are deliberate
Re: The Lagos Calabar Rail Controversy: What everyone should know by qtx(m): 4:00pm On Apr 12, 2016
poiZon:

u dey vex for nothing, u need to google how to vex in d right manner.
noboby is disputing the fact that buhari wont rule till 2023, infact to me buhari shud rule till 2100 so he can take time n clean d mess he met n d mess he has created n currently creating.

keep ranting till pdp take over d house leadership over apc's disunity.
wait o, how old are u? pls dont be offended cheesy
Re: The Lagos Calabar Rail Controversy: What everyone should know by Kingspin(m): 4:08pm On Apr 12, 2016
[quote author=Matthewbriggs post=44631238][size=15pt]Lagos Calabar rail controversy : What everyone should know[/size]

The Fist Context is

[/quote.
Re: The Lagos Calabar Rail Controversy: What everyone should know by itstpia8: 4:08pm On Apr 12, 2016
first time I'm hearing of a Lagos Calabar rail.

Was one mentioned before now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kanu: What Those Familiar With Buhar Told Us After Igbo Elders’ Meeting – Ezeife / US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram / Nigerian Troops Intensify Operations Against Boko Haram Terrorists. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.